Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Cabbages! (Solo Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Rinni Faithe 

My Cabbages! (Solo Quest) Empty Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Rinni Faithe
It was a beautiful spring morning. Farmer Jim was tending to his cabbages, as always. And, as always, he treated them as though they were babies. They even got a blanket during the cold nights! Rinni Faithe took a job to help at the farm, as it seemed as though it'd be fun and easy. She used to play down here as a little girl, often getting in trouble for messing up his cabbages by accident. She hoped he'd remember her... and forgive her.

"H-hello?" Rinni interjected shyly, as she caught Farmer Jim in the midst of removing the blanket from his Cabbages for the morning. He was mumbling something about plenty of sunlight and didn't seem to notice the teenaged girl as she approached.

Gingerly, the young woman tapped Farmer Jim on the shoulder causing the short, chubby man to startle... which resulted in the girl staggering backward with a squeal of surprise. Farmer Jim turned and saw the girl sitting on the ground, rubbing her butt.

"Well, child, what on earth are you doing down there?"

"I fell..."

"Why did you do that for?"

"I didn't do it on purpose!"

"Well, what do you want? Why are you even here?"

Rinni awkwardly rose to her feet, dusted herself off, and bit her lower lip awkwardly. "I'm... I'm here to work..."

"Work?" He repeated.

"Your job offer, Sir. You... you put up a listing that you needed help with your Cabbages?"

"You mean... a clumsy little girl like you is what they sent to care for my beautiful cabbages?"

"Hey..." She started to say, feeling offended in his initial opinion of her. Maybe he didn't remember her, after all. She hadn't come to his farm since she was 10. A lot can change in 6 years. Besides, he seemed to value his cabbages far more than the memory of an annoying child. Perhaps it was for the best.

"Whatever. It can't be helped. You're already here. No point wasting my time by sending you home..."

"Y-your time...?" Again, she was interrupted. Farmer Jim had now gone into an hour-long rant on cabbages, their nutritional value, and how best to harvest them without destroying the garden. Rinni sighed, nodding her head politely as she listened to him ramble on. Hopefully, she wouldn't forget any important details.

1 Hour Later...

Rinni was on her knees working on harvesting cabbages carefully as the warm spring breeze combined with the gentle sunlight warmed her small body. She wasn't a very big girl, 5'4" with a petite, flat-chested, frame lacking in curves. She wasn't completely without curves, however, and she had a pretty face. But, growing up in a poor home, she was used to manual labor as she helped her parents with chores a lot growing up.

Dirt coated her blue jeans, pink tee-shirt, face, and hands as she gently lifted a huge cabbage, using her hunting knife to cut it free from the roots. This was only the 3rd cabbage she'd freed from its earthen confines. Sitting up, she placed it in the basket with the other two. Wiping her brow, she peered around the farm and sighed. She had a long way to go... she wasn't sure how many cabbages he had... but it was definitely a lot for one person to handle.

"I don't know why he couldn't do this himself..." She grabbed another cabbage. "He's the farmer, after all..." She proceeded to use her knife. "But, hey... if he wants to pay someone to do it for him... The cabbage enters the basket with a plop. "Who am I to complain?"

Despite this, the job was in no way easy for the girl. Rinni had no magic, and her skills were more in skinning and leatherworking... not gardening. I mean, it was kind of the same... in a sense... as she used her hunting knife (which she usually skinned animals with) as a way to detach the Cabbages easier.

Her favorite part was removing the leaves from the cabbage itself. In took her only seconds to complete that task, and the leaves were so big and beautiful. She very much enjoyed nature in all its glory. Silver lining.

6 Hours later...

Covered in sweat and dirt, Rinni had managed to crate up what felt like hundreds of cabbages. Her stomach growled, reminding her she had been working all morning and it was near lunchtime. Standing up, Rinni scanned the farm to ensure she hadn't missed any cabbages. She also hoped she hadn't accidentally messed any up. Looking at the crates, she sighed in exhaustion. It couldn't be helped now, anyway. What's done is down.

She transported the crated cabbages to Farmer Jim, proudly announcing she was finished. Skeptical, Farmer Jim examined each cabbage as though he didn't trust her. Satisfied with her work, he thanks Rinni and paid her for her trouble. Her stomach rumbled, and so before she left, Farmer Jim gave her a bowl of Cabbage soup with a side of Cabbage Rolls to eat before she goes.

It was a bit too much cabbage for one meal... but she ate it graciously, and headed home with her payment.

[935 WC]

My Cabbages! (Solo Quest) Format,gif
Fiorian #00ffcc, Encan #ffcc66, Candy #ff99ff
Theme Song

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum