Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Outreach (Quest: Kaiei + Aegis Bright)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kaiei 

Community Outreach (Quest: Kaiei + Aegis Bright) Empty Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:31 am

Kaiei
It's been so long since Kaiei had last been in front of a cathedral, the last time having been in the one in her small village long, long ago.  After having traveled for so long, she ended up arriving in Magnolia Town, where her adventure can truly begin.  She wasn't doing anything special upon her arrival; getting to know the landscape and general points of interest with the town, the likes.  However, considering how big of a town Magnolia is, there were almost no people in the streets, which was extremely odd.  For a town like this to be so quiet, something pretty major must have happened...

...Or so she thought, anyways.  Turns out there's just a pretty bad sickness going around.  It's not deadly as she understood it, but contagious enough for people to wait inside their homes until it rolls over.  She found out after having asked one of the few people outdoors, and was also informed that the people tending to the sick, which were the people at the cathedral, were requesting assistance from anyone that are both well and willing to potentially get sick.  This was perfect for Kaiei; she had given assistance to multiple people in the past with small tasks like these, so it wouldn't be too difficult for her.

And that's how we find ourselves here now.  No use in just waiting outside, Kaiei pushed one of the doors open to find a young priest surrounded by some people who didn't look too well.  He was previously hastily tending to everyone he could, but rose his head when the door opened, and what a big smile came to his face after he saw someone who was well coming through.  He motioned her to come closer, something Kaiei was going to do regardless.  "Welcome, welcome!  We're glad to have you here!" he said.  "And I'm very glad to be here!  I heard from someone in town that you could use some help.  What can I do to help out here?"

The priest nodded, "Yes, we could do with some help.  You see, a strange illness has spread across Magnolia which has struck many.  It's not deadly if treated and most are taking the necessary medication to treat it, however, not everyone is capable of affording it."  The man paused briefly to spoon feed a child some strange green looking liquid which was presumably the medication he spoke of.  "And that's where the cathedral comes into effect.  We're treating the ones who cannot afford the medicine ourselves, however, we're short handed.  If you're willing to assist us, there are more people in the upper floors of the cathedral which need help.  Will you help us?"

"Absolutely!  I'll start right away!"  For a matter like this, Kaiei didn't even need to think about it, she just heard the dilemma and was right on board with helping out...  even if she was a little too excited and started running towards the stairs to get to the second floor.  "Splendid!  Oh, wait!  What's your...  name..." the priest called out after Kaiei, but she was long gone by then.

The priest wasn't kidding - on the second floor there were so many people!  Kaiei counted at least fifty sick people plus their attendants, but it was quite clear they couldn't get to everyone.  "Welcome!  I assume you're here to help the sick, because, well, you look well enough.  Here's some medicine, a spoon, and some water.  Make sure that you give each patient a spoon full of the medicine, and then some water.  Some might need convincing for the medicine; this has happened before, and it doesn't taste too great." Kaiei was handed a bottle of medicine, a spoon and a large bottle of water as the nun was talking before being left to her own devices.

Kaiei looked around and saw many people looking miserable, and she couldn't really decide with who to start with, so, she decided to start with the one closest to her left.  It was an elder woman who was all by her lonesome.  Kaiei would kneel right in front of her with a big smile on her face.  "Hi!  I'm Kaiei, I'll be giving you some medicine to hopefully feel better!"

OOC: 707 words

#2Aegis Bright 

Community Outreach (Quest: Kaiei + Aegis Bright) Empty Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Aegis Bright
"No, you don't understand, I'm not sick!"
"And I bloody well will be if you don't drink this up!"

Jab. Jab, jab.
Swoosh.

"Ga'damn it, you're spilling it all!"
"Please, you are not listening. I am well. There is n-..."
"Ya telling me you're fine with THAT complexion?!"
"But this is my regular hue..."
"No!"
"..?! What do you mean, 'no'?!"

Bravely, the helpless knight withstood that barrage of coersion with a corroding attitude of stoicism. How did he even find himself in such a predicament? He wanted nothing more than to retreat to nature on that particular day. The wind was gentle, conductive of a relaxing walk. The skies shone with a translucent depth, like an unblemished, heavenly gem containing within only a memory of gloom, like the passing of decadence. The passing of winter.
But that godly sight was stolen from Aegis in a moment's breadth, by the will of a man crying wolf. That foreigner is so sickly pale!
What is he doing out here? Just contaminating our city!
It was then that the azure stranger met with the hastening effect of fear. Before he could even draw breath to argue, some elderly lady surged in from seemingly nowhere and tied herself to his arm. Then it was all "deary" this and "deary" that, "you'll get well in no time," "all are welcome in the churches". Overwhelmed by all the commotion, all the man could do was glance back longingly at the skies, only to be met with the particularly aggressive crash of the aforementioned church's wooden gate, grazing his nose. It felt like a patronising pat on the forehead. Was this really polite, Aegis questioned to himself, still unused to participating in a society. Increasingly he felt his energy was entirely misplaced.

Sigh.

So then, he was thrown inside the temple along with all those in need of healing. The kiss of breezing winds replaced by the graze of breezing coughs with the "healthy" sprinkle of some squirming children and the occasional moaning adult, perhaps too weakened by age to maintain a stable gait. It was a woeful start to his day. He did not look nearly as miserable as that lot. He did not.
Violet eyes scanned the perimeter. The oblique walls seemed clad in a faint glisten; an illusion lent by the stained-glass windows dressing the roof, so often employed in religious structures. Did the colourfulness of their patterns lend an air of mystery to the place? Aegis couldn't help but wonder if the presence of so many ailing bodies would be seen by the architects as desecrating the holy feel so meticulously infused into the main chamber. Or perhaps it was precisely that presence of death that seemed to elevate the sense of divinity permeating the sanctum.
It truly did feel natural, in an odd, contrasting kind of way. If Aegis had to identify a source of that distinct aura, he'd point to the only man standing tall in the sea of wilting beings. It seemed like a reasonable thing to do, approaching him. It seemed like a reasonable idea to help him administer medicine. It even seemed reasonable to spend the whole day helping, as there didn't seem to be any fleeing the place. Unless he would consider jumping from the second floor windows in the name of freedom.

Something he very much began considering a couple of hours later. Specifically, when ol' Betherda decided that Aegis reminded her of her sickly grandson. All of a sudden the raving mad woman started choking him, shoving spoonfuls of the stuff at his face! It was all so very much absurd.

"..?! What do you mean, 'no'?!"
"Poor Mathie had skin like yours!"
"... And?"
"And, he didn't want medicine no matter how pale he looked."
"I feel a logical fallacy coming up."
"And you know what happened to poor Mathie."
"Pray tell."
"He became autistic!"

"I've heard autism can be hereditory. That can be a vali-"

The blue stranger never saw it coming. As brutal as thunder, the cane appeared in Betherda's grip like some sleight of hand trick, then promptly dug into his stomach. Her other hand did not fall behind, swiftly delivering the goopy concotion straight to his throat via spoonful express. Aegis didn't know if he wanted to gag or gasp. He definitely considered strangling the woman, though. Unfortunately, any such notion of liveliness was torn from him along with the air he was forced to spit out. He felt limp. Betherda, on the other hand, seemed overwhelmingly satisfied with herself, probably entertaining memories of Mathie whom Aegis now had reason to presume was dead, murdered by way of her loving care.
It only took a moment for even that thought to leave him, though, as the intensely bitter aftertaste of the medicine hit him. [i]Now[/] he felt sick; suddenly sympathy was all he harbored for all those poor souls he had left downstairs. The combination of his now-bruised abdomen, poisoned taste buds and simple lack of meals amounted to Aegis' knees spontaneously giving way from under him. It was hardly much past noon and he already wanted to sleep. Dealing with people was far too tiring.

Thud.

And then silence.

No one seemed too concerned by the sight of a young man passed out on the floor, at least for a while. Until he apparently ended up being in the way, as the pain of a boot digging into his ribs jerked him back to full consciousness, only for him to be met with a blanket of golden hair tumbling over him.

#3Kaiei 

Community Outreach (Quest: Kaiei + Aegis Bright) Empty Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:19 am

Kaiei
Kaiei was making the rounds fairly swiftly and going through the people in the order she had set for herself, which was going around in a circle from her left upon entering the room.  She has already attended an old lady, a young pair of twins, a mother and her young daughter, and was now approaching a middle aged man.  Along the way she made small talk with many of the sick people and they were all quite pleasant to speak to.  She also didn't have much problem giving the people their medicine, though, the young girl with her mother initially didn't want to take it...  and Kaiei didn't blame her; the liquid was foul.

That didn't hinder her in the end, however, something else did.  Kaiei NEVER understood why there was a body laying on the ground where it was, but, well, we all get surprised in life.  Without really paying much attention to where she was going, she accidentally kicked something large and fell over, fortunately stopping most of her momentum by putting her hands in front of herself to break the fall but still fell on her face to a lesser degree, which caused her to groan.  "Alright, who is the wise guy tha-"

Pause.

She was looking to see what it is that tripped her as she spoke, and saw a body laying on the ground.  Based off of the man's coat, general attire and how his hair was styled she couldn't possibly imagine him being too poor to afford medicine, but perhaps he was a noble who had recently lost it all?!  His skin was as pale as everyone else's here, so there was no mistaking it - the man who she tripped over was sick!  But wait, why did she spend so much time thinking about that?  She just kicked the man and he wasn't displaying any signs of life that she could see!  Was he...

Dead?!  Is this guy dead?!  Hey someone, please come quickly!!!  I think we have a huge problem on our hands!"  What's worse is that Kaiei thought about having kicked a dead guy now, which honestly made her feel pretty sick.  She was in the process of turning him around; this man was fairly heavy, but nothing she couldn't deal with.  She was pretty nervous.  What would a dead guy look like?  Well, she was gravely disappointed when she saw that he was wide awake, and some of the other staff had come around to check on him.  What made this all even more embarrassing was the fact that she was kneeling over with him still in her arms.

"Oh...  Haha, woops!" she dropped the man immediately, which caused a loud thump.  "I'm really sorry!  I just thought that...  With a body on the floor and him not moving...  that he might of died..."  She didn't particularly have a good excuse this time around. The rest of the church members simply sighed and returned back to what they were doing, leaving the two alone. "Err... I'm sorry about that. Didn't mean to cause a stir there."

#4Aegis Bright 

Community Outreach (Quest: Kaiei + Aegis Bright) Empty Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:35 pm

Aegis Bright
Ugh! Very tentatively, Aegis unclamped the teeth digging into his tongue. Great, he thought.
"... Just when the headache had started fading."
Wait, headache? Somehow Aegis had failed to notice the overwhelming bitterness of that foul concoction grow into a brain clamp. He rolled his eyes behind their lids, like working shoulders sore from uncomfortable sleep. Except it wasn't sleep. It was utter abuse.
The blue-clad man's eyes were slowly opening as his body showed its first real signs of life. Left arm crawled up the side of his coat as it spilled on the floor, then slipped under its right side. It was the location of his aching ribs shoveled into with the force of some blonde girl's stride. Or perhaps the force of a dozen blondes, were he to judge by the pain.
But there wasn't really any sense of urgency in his movements. Most people seemed to tense up under pain, but there was no trace of paralysis in the almost tranquil way he lay there, at her knees. In a way, the disconnect between his serene face and pained quips generated a kind of dissonance in what he expressed. Was he just acting that pain out? The dispassion he bore was reminiscent of something nearly unnatural.
When the shock of his awakening gave way, Aegis' sight could once again track and focus. It was when he first really saw the owner of the voice. She was decidedly beautiful.
Aegis drew his elbows under himself to gain elevation -- it was nearly impossible to see the girl's face otherwise! Her... voluptuous figure tended to get in the way. That thought tugged at his consciousness, carefully explaining to the man that this may, in fact, be the second time he experienced her figure.
He nearly slipped back down. She... wasn't she holding him just now? And why does the thought of that make my mouth dry, exactly? Deliberately, Aegis shook his head before it produced an answer. In stead he took the moment necessary to readjust his position to quell the unease in his heart. Now lounging against his elbows, the blue man had the altitude needed to see past the blonde's voluminous chest and finally see her... her eyes!
He swallowed. Hard. Possibly blushed. Certainly stared, absolutely wide-eyed.
"Th-... that's not fair." His voice rumbled soothingly, tinged with excitement. Her face, framed in golden hair held the two most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. They were mesmerising. Stripped of his will, the man could only lean in slightly as he stared deep into the tantalizing gems of soft violet light that regarded him. The moment seemed to stretch into eternity. Or into awkwardness, perhaps, yet the blue man was blissfully free of social preconceptions to fully understand that. What he saw was beauty and beauty was always worth regarding.

Just, maybe, not drooling over it. Thankfully he was only weird, not a savage.

#5Kaiei 

Community Outreach (Quest: Kaiei + Aegis Bright) Empty Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:54 pm

Kaiei
This encounter sure was strange.  The man kept on gawking at Kaiei, and it was way too obvious.  She wasn't too bothered in the long run since she was used to this type of thing, but he could at least try to be discreet about it and maybe not be a foot or two away while doing so.  Then, he said something that made absolutely no sense, she couldn't understand what he meant at all, which caused her to sigh.  She got up, dusted anything off of her and extended a hand to help him up, which he took.  "You're a bit of a weirdo, huh?  Well, that's alright!  I am too, but not as much as you are.  Anyways, this makes us even!  Once again, terribly sorry for having kicked you and then dropping you right after.  Have a good day!" 

And that was the end of that short encounter.  Kaiei resumed to treating the sick after picking up the medicine and spoon and kept on going.  When there was nothing left to do on the second floor, she went to the third and helped out there, too.  She lost track of time and suddenly it was sundown, but at least everyone had been treated.  She didn't realize it at the time, but she was slightly tired from doing all of that work today, and was also feeling lightheaded.  She went back to the first floor, this time with the priest by his lonesome.

"Ahh, there you are!  I heard from some of the nuns that you and that man did some splendid work in treating the sick." he looked over Kaiei's shoulder, waving off the man who just happened to be the same man that she had tripped over earlier that day.  "An odd but wonderful chap."  Kaiei didn't have an appropriate response because of their very odd interaction earlier, so she just smiled.  "And now I thank you too, young miss.  Without you, we wouldn't of been able to treat everyone.  Here, take some of this, you might get sick without it."

The priest handed Kaiei some medicine for her, which she took.  "Thank you very much, Father!  I'll gladly help any time it is requested."  She showed another brilliant smile and with a wave, turned around and quickly made her way out the door, drinking some of the medicine on the way out.  "We'll make sure to call for you!"

OOC:Job is finished. Aegis allowed me to briefly control his character to wrap up the job.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum