Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kazumi Kiseki 

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix Empty Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Kazumi Kiseki
Hello! When planning out the basic outline of what I want Kazumi to learn and in what order, I came to the realization that, Wow. Spells are expensive. Like, VERY expensive. Now, I wont speak on behalf of anyone else here, but personally it's going to cost me Half a million J to get JUST my Flight spell, for example. Now, don't get me wrong. I completely understand why expensive spells might be favored for the sake of balance and the prevention of people climbing ranks too fast. However, this is just part of the expenses on the site. For example, If I want to purchase a race, I would have to pay upwards of 500k jewels, and that gives me the right to create a character that is not the character that the jewels are taken from. Since that first character is not getting remade, that's 500k that could have also gone to MULTIPLE spells matching my rank. Not to mention weapon and/or armor sets and/or companions I my want in the future (that said, I wouldn't consider myself completely familiar with the new rules yet, so everything I just said could be incorrect, whoops).

Of course, I'm not here to complain. That would be silly. I am here to offer solutions, Three solutions specifically, and if they work out, that's great! If not, oh well I tried. So without further ado, here are my three solutions to help make the site economy a bit more reasonable. Please note that this is based on my opinion alone. Also, these are "either or" options. Not "do this AND this AND this".

1)Lower the Spell prices
I can't get much more straightforward than that. Simply Lower the amount of jewels it takes to Learn spells. Now, I say "simply", but admittedly this is probably the hardest of the three solutions to implement. Numbers could start getting uneven, and it can be hard to determine just how much of a drop it would take to balance things out. So while this option is a bit more impractical the way the site is currently set up, it is an option none the less.

2) Lower the Class spell multipliers by 1 tier.
Let me start with the disclaimer that I completely agree with how the class system is set up. I like how certain Classes are better with certain spell types, and it offers many different play styles as an RP guideline. That said, I think site economy could benefit from dropping all spell price multipliers down by one tier. What do I mean by that? Well, everything that says 0.5x drops to 0.25, everything that says 1x drops to .05x, 2x to 1x, and so on. This will essentially do the same thing as just dropping spell prices directly, but with more precision and the even numbers on the price tags remain. What's more, classes will all keep their pros and cons as if nothing changed, AND most if not all classes will get their own spell discounts instead of JUST clerics and Battlemages. In my opinion, this solution seems to be the best long term solution

3) B Rank quests
Honestly, the root of the issue might just be that there is not enough of a stable income source to support such high prices. You could just release B rank quests, or allow members to make them. That way, the people who can even get the expensive high rank spells has a way to get the money. There are only so may quests available right now, and while you could make your own (as I and many other have) for some extra change, that can only get you so far. Of course the downside to this is that it only effects those of us that are B rank and up, rather than the whole site together in addition, this will only fix things until A ranks get the same issue. Still, B rank quests DO have to happen eventually so...

TL;DR
You could lower Prices directly, lower Class multipliers, or release the B rank quests. Basically.

Thank you so much for your consideration and for taking the time to read this block of text. I'm really bad at ending things like this so... Bye~!

P.S. I thought of this after the fact, but you could also allow members to directly upgrade spells they already have to higher ranks at a discounted price. That might help a little too.

#2Erebus2 

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix Empty Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:41 pm

Erebus2

B-rank missions are already being made, rushing the admins won't help them drop any time sooner.

Spells are meant to be expensive because this is a grind game, you aren't meant to be able to stack up your strong spells soon. On the flip side money isn't hard to make since there is a huge event every month that allows you to make a million each time if you dedicate to it. In addition to that, the race thing is a privilege. We aren't even suppose to be able to buy them, Jyu just didn't want to make you wait since they won't be out right now.

The multipliers could be touched on, but in my opinion, it's your fault for going into a class that is cost heavy to what you want before taking all things to consider. Not shooting you down just to do it, but your first few sentences legit explain the bias behind your suggestion. I.e. you want reductions because you don't have money. To get money you have to start questing, it actually adds up really fast. I spent 500k twice and a 250k (125k for me) and I still sit on 80k with room to pull in more. All before I hit B-rank.

I recommend finishing all D and C rank missions before asking for B-rank missions. Especially since 2C ranks is the same as a B, prizes equate to that too unless I'm wrong.

You're already allowed to make your own B-rank missions, in fact you get paid for it. Bam, that solves two of your issues already.

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix 5oJEfCBQ_o
#3Kazumi Kiseki 

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix Empty Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Kazumi Kiseki
No that's fair. I wasn't about to start making baseless suggestions before trying the system already in place. I feel like that would have been strange. In fact, I already have enough to buy a B rank spell I want. Like I said, I understand why things are the way things are, and even mostly agree with it. This was just me suddenly having ideas and wanting to share, in case any of them can be of any help. I want to be clear on that. This is in no way meant to be a complaint, nor is it meant to rush staff at all.

Also, are we allowed to make B ranks? the quest creation topic just says D and C.

#4Erebus2 

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix Empty Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Erebus2

Yeah, but the multipliers though. Like I said could be touched on, they were a big reasoning behind why I went Adventurer. Though having been here I have noticed why they're there and they keep magic users on a reasonably human level. The thing people forget going into classes is that they need to have an image for what they want ahead of time. Because it does it's job at backing you into a corner with it's costly mechanics. It promotes teamwork though, and I'm sure Jyu's image for this place is an unision-raid like game involving a lot of teamwork at higher levels. For lower levels the system hasn't really been explored strongly, but I'm assuming that this is going to be a dungeon crawler-eaque site. Which is a cool thing to play with, the classes are a nice touch and along with them, the limitations that come with classes are also a cool thing that wouldn't work if they were deconstructed for people to manipulate easier.

Edit: Pretty sure you can, but you might not get rewarded for them yet. Even if it does just say C/D, you can make them and keep them in your docs and cash them all in at once the second staff is asking for B-ranks and you'll be ahead of the game lol.

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix 5oJEfCBQ_o
#5Kazumi Kiseki 

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix Empty Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Kazumi Kiseki
Yeah no i love the class system make no mistake. That's why my only suggestion for it was a proportional drop. The system itself and what makes it great would not be affected at all. As I said before, all it would do is artificially lower spell prices, so that the numbers in place for spells them selves stay as clean as they are now. Everything would look and function the same.

That said, i was not aware or forgot about the Event rewards, so if that Is a helping factor I am willing to conceide

#6Faust Noire 

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix Empty Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Faust Noire
As much as I share the same concerns with you (most of the community has), there's a very low chance to change the system. As we have now entered beta and have most systems in place, what we're trying to do now is throw out content for the members. Trust me when I say this exact topic has been brought up various times before.

As for whether or not B-Rank quests are available to be submitted, the answer to that is a no. That's because B-Rank quests and up will have something unique to them. I can't spill the beans, but I'm sure you understand.

As time goes on, you'll get used to the system and notice that the site has very frequent events (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, and the upcoming one) that will provide the opportunity to earn jewels.

Hopefully this eases your worries on the economy of the site.

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix URfIrNm
#7Kazumi Kiseki 

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix Empty Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Kazumi Kiseki
Yeah, it makes sense, thanks.

#8Faust Noire 

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix Empty Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 am

Faust Noire

This topic has been answered and locked.

Economical Issues and How to Possibly Fix URfIrNm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum