Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rainy Night Innventures [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Florence Haddock 

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] Empty Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Florence Haddock
'Twas a dark and stormy night. All throughout Crocus, a storm was brewing. Whether it be through the work of a lamenting deity or merely fate's happenstance, those who count ourselves mortal surely must take shelter on such a night. In regards to that, I have no choice but to take up shelter in the local Batra's Inn for the night whilst I rest up my weary legs.

With that, the young Florence Haddock had finished up with writing in what he'd refer to as his "Detective's Journal". In truth, it didn't so much detail his outings often as much as it did contain the hastily jotted down notes of one with too much free time. "Just bought new shoes," or "Magnolia might have some nice job openings available this time of year" number just a few of the various quips he would archive rather than forget.

With an audible and dramatic slam, he closed his journal and withdrew a leather wallet. He had been sitting in the corner of the inn as mysterious individuals are privy to, but figured it was time for him to partake in the revelry of shelter and comfort.

Sauntering over to the counter, he rang for the barkeep, tapping his index finger on the bell up front to signify that a customer was eager to pay up for a stiff drink. He could hear a brutish voice yell, "I'll be there in a second!" from behind a door which Florence could only assume lead to a storage room.

And a long second it was, as the young man grabbed a stool and rested his upper body on the counter.

"What does a fella gotta do to get a drink up in here? Let me at it already."

Sighing, he retrieved the journal from his pocket again and began to write down, "Barkeep is a slacker".

Turning around in his stool, he tipped his hat down over his face. With as much subtlety as could be mustered, he gazed around the bar to study its inhabitants. One as eager for a good mystery as anyone, he had to be vigilant for potential criminals or bounties.

#2Lee Nakamura 

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] Empty Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Lee Nakamura
"To everyone person to their own paths. Never derail yourself from your goals or else there will never be a celebration"

The one quote from her mother that she always remembered her saying as a kid. It was one of the few things she had left of her. The memories were as rich as any many could be them for. Priceless. That's if you could buy memories. A redhead woman sat completely sober after having to drink four bottles of straight vodka. The burning taste in the back of her throat simmered. To her it was nothing, the wretched curse that infected her life as a mere poison. A black mark scarred the right half of her face the color of charcoal extending down her neck and on her full right arm. Though the arm was covered by her armor showing she was a Rune Knight.

People stared at her as there was more to her appearance besides the disgusting mark on her. Her left eye bared a eye of a ghoul, a black eye with a single red ring as her right eye was almost white with a black single pupil. The bartender was slow in getting her next drink. The other men at the bar wondered if she was practically immune to it since a normal man would fall unconscious with so many drinks. Actually, she was. Not always a good thing. The Stageholder seemed to watch her drink sway side-to-side as she swished it in the bottle. Thoughts emerged into her mind making her shatter her chance.

Thunder rolled again making her only look out. "It's storming hard" she thought. There was a lot on her mind. Too bad she could drink her sorrows away. "Ma'am, I would suggest this is enough drinks for you tonight. Just for you health" said the bartender politely. The redhead gave a cold glare despite him be rather gentlemen-like.

"I am immune to it. Just lemme buy another" she only sighed. The bartender only gave into her plead and gave her another bottle. She chugged it down like it was nothing and placed the empty bottle down. Without a word, she looked over to see another gentlemen and caught her interest. She just played it cool look at him from the corner of her eyes seeing a little notebook he was writing in. Perhaps she should be more organized.

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] Tumblr_oua5s27DHT1v5lsxco4_r1_500
Character Sheet
One must emulate both the fox and the lion, because a lion cannot defy a snare, while a fox cannot defy a pack of wolves.
#3Florence Haddock 

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] Empty Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:31 am

Florence Haddock
Turning to the barkeep who seemed to be getting the drink of someone else before himself, he turned in his seat once more to allow the front of his body to face the barkeep behind the counter.

"Oi. If you've got time to fetch a drink for the lady, surely you can do me a favor here. Eh, pal?"

The barkeep shook his head and poured the detective his drink in silence. Florence then retrieved it, raising his glass with a smile and a cocked eyebrow.

"Cheers," he grumbled and then began to drink his blood red drink - though certainly it wasn't actual blood.

After taking a few sips, he looked into its crimson waters within the glass.

Red. It's opposite to blue, and neutral with black. The color of passion, celebration, royalty, bravery... and the color of that woman's hair, no doubt.

These thoughts running through his head, he took a closer look at the woman some amount of chairs away, and noticed that she was of a more peculiar standard than a normal human. Almost suspiciously so.

While it was true that magic wasn't his forte in knowledge or practice, his instinct and the reactions of those around the bar, subtle or not, told him all he needed to know.

Redhead: Perhaps an anomaly? Requires further study,
was what he began to write into his notebook while simultaneously ensuring he was the only one seeing the note being written. After doing so, he drew a star sign next to it - his mark of an important note in his journal.

Standing up from his seat, he moved over and sat down next to the woman.

"Hey. Crazy night in the capital, am I right?"

Noticing her fondness for alcohol, he waved to the barkeep. Once he had gotten his attention, he let loose a smile and gestured to the lady next to him.

"One of whatever you got, for our liquor lover over here. It's on my tab."

With that, he looked back at her curiously.

"So, what's your story? Got a reason for why a pretty young thing like yourself is at an inn at this hour?"

He flicked open a lighter from out of his pocket. Preparing to light a cigar, he realized he'd only get yelled at for smoking inside like this.

Sighing, he put it away once more into his pocket and ordered a second drink for himself from the barkeep.

"Oi, barkeep? I'll need a second of whatever it is she's getting. It's gonna be a loooong night for this guy right here," he stated lethargically, pointing his left arm's thumb at himself.

#4Lee Nakamura 

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] Empty Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:07 am

Lee Nakamura
She took another sip of her drink. It was a rowdy night and loud out from outside. The comfort of what came to such noise to her was satisfying. The life in this inn was thriving. It reminded her of how she was alive. Noise told her she was alive. She nearly died once and heard someone's voice. It told her she was alive. Since then, noise has been a comfort. Light was something that told her she was on her way. Being around people told her she couldn't go alone. The three things that made her feel safe even at a rowdy inn bar. The man that was sets away seemed to notice her. A drink was given to her. Simply, she took it without a word and chugged it down. "Thanks" she simply said.

A few minutes had passed, her eyes were closed, but still alert. She heard someone come closer and took the seat next to her. He mentioned about it being a crazy night. "It's a lively place. I like it, crazy...more like a way of life" she replied in a monotone voice.

He asked why such a pretty thing like her was doing at a place like this. It struck her. The word pretty. No one other than her father or Hans had called her that. A foreign person told her that word. "Pretty? Uhm, think you have the wrong girl. I come here for the alcohol. I was on patrol for the night ordered by one of my captains and taking a small break" she said. She shown clear that she was a Rune Knight with her armor. The man seemed to catch her interest. A second drink came to her. This was the only thing on the menu she could have at any bar was the alcohol. "Sad enough, no matter how much I drink, I can never get drunk. It's the only thing I can drink without feeling sick" she said outloud.

Character Sheet
One must emulate both the fox and the lion, because a lion cannot defy a snare, while a fox cannot defy a pack of wolves.
#5Florence Haddock 

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] Empty Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:02 am

Florence Haddock
Florence continued to write in his notebook as she spoke, highlighting things such as "can't get drunk" and "most likely insecure". It was in this moment, at this time, he had found a reason to put pen to paper - and whether the woman before him was of a despicable lot in life, he had her to thank for sating him for his night's curious mind. He was so curious about the person themselves he nearly forgot to absorb the information that she may very well be a Rune Knight with the mention of a "captain".

"Say... if you had to relate yourself to a color, what would that color look like?" he blurted out, looking the woman in the eye inquisitively as he did so.

Finishing his glass, he quickly ordered for another with a wave of his hand.

"The way I see it, a person can be categorized from one of eight colors: Red, blue, green, yellow, purple, black, white or grey." he started, raising up a finger each time he stated a color.

"Of course black, white and grey technically aren't colors to begin with, but I digress. For the sake of it, we'll say they are. Taking that little technicality out of the way, it surprisingly doesn't take much to realize what all the colors can symbolize in a person," he continued, stretching out his arms and twisting his torso a little to relieve some cracks in his body.

"Though it does take some fair insight to accurately assess yourself. So what would you say you are?"

Just as that question finished, his glass had once more become full with wine thanks to the bartender. He took sips, awaiting an answer - or a refusal. It wouldn't hurt to try to dig deeper with a stranger, after all. There was no emotional connection to be disappointed by a disconnection.

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] RtTZ2RC
#6Lee Nakamura 

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] Empty Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Lee Nakamura
From what she had noticed, he seemed a man of interests. Enough for her to give her time to. You find the most interesting people at bars! LeeAnn took a mental note of his note book and quite the mystery man. The colors truely have meaning. LeeAnn had to think about her answer. She had to choose one of eight colors. One color already shown. Her hair. It was the most unusual color in the world to have. She was bullied a lot because of it as well as called a sin or devil.

"Red. The color of my hair. My...parents always said I was a fighter. I am. I fight and never think I would fail. It also represence the passion and love I have for those who I consider close and for my country, despite what horrible things I have been through. White. The color of purity and heaven. My fiance is a kitsune, white kitsune. He is my savior. I owe him my life. It represence my striving for purity and innocence. What I have left. It...tells people I am good and not wanting to hurt them. I forgot, Blue. A lot is on this one. The color of water and the ocean. It has always calmed me. I remain quiet from other scared of what they might think of me when they find out the truth. It was my mother's favorite color. Seeing it made me think of her. It brings...some peace to me. I guess thats all I can think of. Sorry its a long winded answer, but hey you asked" she replied.

She remembered the note she had from the children's book written in her mother's handwriting. It was a clue. Though, the very thought of her mom made her eye's become less tense and more depressed thinking about her. Where she could be. Hoping she was okay. Then she grew some sort of strength and seriousness like she had held before. "Colors. Just by what people wear can tell you a lot about them. I wear a lot of black. Its because I...am scared. Insecure with myself. Dark. Mysterious. All because of a few changes in my life. Who knew one event could change a person all in a few moments or years or whatever time it takes. Just thinking about it...makes me wonder and strive to know more" she mentioned. She held the note her mother wrote in her hand on her lap. He probably would notice it see how observant he was of just by how she carried herself.

-Exit-

Character Sheet
#7Florence Haddock 

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] Empty Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 am

Florence Haddock
And with that, she had left. Florence had taken note of key details. She fancied herself the fiery color of red, but with mixtures of white and blue as well. Things he had heard before, of course. Yet what piqued him to write more was when she mentioned a kitsune fiance. Not many claim that sort of thing, especially humans. It had become apparent to him that there were things of note from this encounter.

Yet with all things, there usually comes an end. She had left the bar soon after that. Florence, unfortunately, wasn't usually one for the best of conversation. The last thing he saw of her before she had left was the note she grasped. He considered stepping forward and pursuing her more on the matter - perhaps to unveil some new mystery to solve? Yet he held his ground. Not much good came from pestering strangers, especially on a night indoors with so many good drinks to be had. And so it dawned on Florence to focus on that for the rest of the night - little good came from worrying about this or that all the time.

And so that's exactly what he did. Finishing up with the rest of his investigations in the bar, he paid his way for a night's sleep and was quick to fall asleep in his room.

[Exit]

Rainy Night Innventures [Open] RtTZ2RC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum