Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weapon System and Weapon Masteries

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Roman 

Weapon System and Weapon Masteries Empty Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Roman
First off nod to the fact you used dark souls as a reference for stuff but I have some concerns and such.

First off the requirements

Challenge Requirement: None
Battle Requirement: The user must have defeated at least two Beginners in battle using their specific weapon-type.
Weapon-Type Requirement: The user must have won over 3 battles in total using their specific weapon-type.

Time Requirement: None
Training Requirement: 5000 words
Durability Multiplier: 2x

At first glance it looks fine but looking back over it seems a bit redundant to have battle requirement and weapon-type requirement to even level up. Why not just have one line?

Also as requirements go up it becomes a gated thing. It requires to defeat someone else who has grinded out the weapon specs (if I am reading this correctly it kind of comes off as confusing for both lines.) of the same weapon. So if you choose a unpopular weapon you will get kind of screwed. Why not just have it a general thing so as long as you win x amount of times of a certain rank with that weapon you gain affinity for it or the mastery. Otherwise you could hit a wall very quickly if everyone else hasn't hit a certain level. Kind of hard to do something when its reliant on others grinding out something.

Second off: I feel like it should be a bit more flexible as far as weapon choice.

You gave each weapon a sort of its own speciality but in the terms of rp be kind of hard to adhere to these things when stats are a factor. Also it should be a more general thing considering weapons will be made by staff and must be purchased from you guys anyways. Also wouldn't be nothing but a thang to add a few more choices of weapons in general.

Sword and Shield
Fist Weapons
Dual Axes/Swords
Artillery (cannons and explosive based ranged weapons)
Etc etc

This is just first glance of course

#2Tenshi † 

Weapon System and Weapon Masteries Empty Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Tenshi †
Hey there, thank you for the question!

I'll try to address each thing in order.

Roman wrote:At first glance it looks fine but looking back over it seems a bit redundant to have battle requirement and weapon-type requirement to even level up. Why not just have one line?

Well, this is kind of a semantic thing, no? It's mostly just for convenience for the reader. It seems simple enough, but we don't want to leave any room for misunderstandings. You must win 3 battles total, two of those battles must be against others who use weapons.

Roman wrote:Also as requirements go up it becomes a gated thing. It requires to defeat someone else who has grinded out the weapon specs (if I am reading this correctly it kind of comes off as confusing for both lines.) of the same weapon. So if you choose a unpopular weapon you will get kind of screwed. Why not just have it a general thing so as long as you win x amount of times of a certain rank with that weapon you gain affinity for it or the mastery. Otherwise you could hit a wall very quickly if everyone else hasn't hit a certain level. Kind of hard to do something when its reliant on others grinding out something.

This is to say, the user must defeat an opponent while the opponent uses whatever weapon the opponent has. This does not have to be the same weapon type as the user. The hope is that many people will be getting weapons (they will be very available), and that there has to be some skill involved in your opponent to actually improve. If the fact that one must find another weapon user becomes an issue, we will look into changing that- Perhaps to just an opponent of a specific strength, be them mage or weapon user.

Roman wrote:Second off: I feel like it should be a bit more flexible as far as weapon choice.

You gave each weapon a sort of its own speciality but in the terms of rp be kind of hard to adhere to these things when stats are a factor. Also it should be a more general thing considering weapons will be made by staff and must be purchased from you guys anyways. Also wouldn't be nothing but a thang to add a few more choices of weapons in general.
I see what you're saying here. The idea is to allow multiple forms of combat for people. Some people do not plan on doing a lot of PvP, but are excited at the prospects of PvE. Some weapons, I'm sure, will be perceived as better or worse for each- And I'm sure there will be plenty of people who test the boundaries of the weapons types.

That being said- I do agree that we should have added some other weapon types. Gauntlets seem like an exciting addition to allow those who truly want the hand-to-hand experience. However, shields are something we're abstaining from for right now. While it may not seem like a big deal, we're still trying to feel out exactly how stats, armors and weapons will fit in, and how they will work as is.

I do hope to eventually be able to balance out the weapons that exist, add in new weapons that can expand the realm of what can and cannot happen with them, and maybe even eliminate weapons that turn out to be unwanted, unused or simply too difficult to integrate. These things will be added with time- However, as of now, the main priority is getting what is currently being worked on out. It is something that will happen over time, and it may turn out to be that some weapons never see the light of day- That being said, we do understand that there are other things sought after, and are keeping that idea in place for potential future implementation.

As we move forward and finalize more of the site in its current state, things will be taken and worked with in a way that will hopefully not only sate the player base, but also allow for the mods to get an idea of what sort of things do work, and what sort of things fall short. I hope this is a satisfactory explanation to all of your questions!

Weapon System and Weapon Masteries D09aavQ
#3Tenshi † 

Weapon System and Weapon Masteries Empty Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Tenshi †
This thread has been answered and conversation has ended. It will now be moved.

Weapon System and Weapon Masteries D09aavQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum