Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spell Damages & Criticals

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Roman 

Spell Damages & Criticals Empty Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:13 pm

Roman
So we have a endurance stat neat. However, I am curious to what hitting a vital spot will do? Like if someone gets their eye stabbed or someone hits a neck with a slashing type spell. Will it do increased damage or will they go lul k just a flesh wound fam. I am not sure if its being worked on or there is just a lack of but there is no corresponding damage chart to say getting hit by a responding rank or healing off a certain amount.

#2Assama Sinclair 

Spell Damages & Criticals Empty Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:30 pm

Assama Sinclair
Jyu wrote:02. In general all topics on the forum are considered green danger. Green danger means that there is no chances of death. When your endurance runs out you simply pass out. The same goes for getting placed in a situation in which you'd normally die such as getting stabbed in the neck. So don't be afraid to battle and lose.

So despite your level of endurance you would pass out from getting hit in a vital spot, like getting hit with a slashing spell or hit with a sword at the neck.

Spell Damages & Criticals Xw4RJjG
#3Roman 

Spell Damages & Criticals Empty Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Roman
Considering the fact people have endurance is what I am getting at. I know they would pass out but that's the thing. With the clear evidence of a durability stat I am curious how that functions if someone gets hit there. With any spell because there is a lack of a damage chart just I do 1 D rank damage. That would hint at a invisible hp system

#4Tenshi † 

Spell Damages & Criticals Empty Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Tenshi †
Hey there, thanks for the question.

So as far as crit's go- No. There's not really any of that. However, that's not to say that vital points don't play a role.

There is the potential of knockouts by hitting a vital spot that is being worked in. After all, if someone of decent strength hits someone in the temple, that should definitely have a unique effect (dependent on endurance). That being said- Your question about, for example, eyes.

At that point, there will have to be some realism. If you slash at their eye, and they have endurance to keep going, than they can keep fighting. It's not deep enough to reach the brain and won't result in a KO. However, for that fight at the very least, they'll be blinded in that eye. Which will essentially work as a vision debuff. If you hit someone in the temple, they'll be dazed. This will fall upon the RPer to establish that as they see fit (with the potential of a Mod stepping in if they try to ignore it completely).

This system probably will not be perfect, but for now it's what we're hoping to move forward with. The hope is that we'll be able to see exactly what the perks, and drawbacks, of such a system will be. From there, we'll attempt not only to move forward with altering it in whatever ways are needed, but also potentially go to members members who show excessive knowledge or understanding of such combat mechanics for their inputs of how we can do better.

As for healing and such- If, for example, a person takes damage to their eye (like a sword that cuts the eyeball or stabs part way into it), they will be blinded in that eye. It has been punctured, damaged, and can obviously no longer see. However, if a healer is around that has a healing spell which is of high enough rank to mitigate that damage, than it can be healed on the battlefield, restoring vision in that eye.

I hope this answered all the questions regarding this subject!

Spell Damages & Criticals D09aavQ
#5Tenshi † 

Spell Damages & Criticals Empty Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Tenshi †
This thread has been answered and conversation has ended. It will now be moved.

Spell Damages & Criticals D09aavQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum