Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Standing Trial [SL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kazimir Seiryu 

Standing Trial [SL] Empty Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:35 am

Kazimir Seiryu
The bishop scooted to the edge of his seat, elated to see the wind mage on trial. The man had been asking too many questions for the church to be comfortable with having him roam too freely. And a dark race at that.

"We will begin with the obvious. Tell us about your vampirism and have you had the urge to consume the innocent?"

"A question that has no relevance, your honor. I am a vampire by choice to have life everlasting so I may stop evil deeds. As for the second question, desires don't constitute a crime if I have had those or not." Kaz answered. The court leader could tell the wind mage was going to be a problem and his lip scrunched uneasily. Seeing the small twitch, Kaz replied.

"I have not turned any ill-fated actions to the innocents of this land." He answered more earnestly. The leader breathed a sigh of relief that the tone had changed.

WC 155

#2Kazimir Seiryu 

Standing Trial [SL] Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:47 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
A person stepped forward. Older and grizzled from the rune knights. "My name is Captain Ara. I was there during the attack on the village in the forest. I saw the massacre." The man spoke and avoided eye contact with kazimir.

A woman strolled up next to Kaz and whispered in his ear. "I'm your appointed defense council. We got this Sir." She said with an air of professionalism. Her glasses rimmed on the edge of her nose. She turned her attention back to the captain on the stand.

"Kazimir brought down a terrible storm that took the lives of the villagers. It was a blood bath on par with a dark mage," the captain spoke and a gasp went across the room.

The defense counsel stepped up on kaz's behalf. "Records from some of the other rune knights paint a different story," she waved her hand to the doorway just as a young woman entered. Head held high with a rune knight badge on their uniform.

#3Kazimir Seiryu 

Standing Trial [SL] Empty Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:11 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
The woman entered the chambers and sat ready to answer. The defense counsel simply gestured and the woman recounted her story. She told about the belligerence of the people. The attacks that followed as the people of that village began to assault the knights and put some of them near death's door. The judges exchanged some looks, taking in the counterarguments and opposing testimony. The woman finished by saying that Kazimir had acted out of desperate need. If he hadn't then they would have died.

The defense counsel remarked that sometimes a knight must make hard choices at the moment in order to accomplish their mission. The defense counsel revealed that she may have spent time as a knight also. The wind mage stood in silent annoyance at the preceding. It was a waste of time to be here. but equal parts of it fascinated him to see how it would all turn out.

WC 150

#4Kazimir Seiryu 

Standing Trial [SL] Empty Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:16 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
The prosecution dismissed the witness without questions and exchanged a look with the wind mage. Kazimir simply stood still. His gaze fell with an icy breath upon the man. despite having seen hundreds of cases and looked into the eyes of people from all walks of life, the prosecutor froze if only for a moment as Kaz peered at the man. Calm and unspoken in his own defense.

The next witness was called and a man appeared this time. The man was skittish at first but then pulled up a seat and sat down. "Tells us your experience young man," the prosecutor spoke to the younger man at the stand.

The man shifted in his seat," I've seen Kazimir talking with...criminals before. And I'm...I'm pretty sure he let a murderer go multiple times." Some of the judges let out a small gasp at the harsh accusation against a man that was given the title of wizard saint.

The man continued to name the murderer and that he saw them having pleasant conversations. Another person was called to the stand to confirm.

WC 170

#5Kazimir Seiryu 

Standing Trial [SL] Empty Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:20 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
The next person confirmed the identity of the murdered and that he had seen them more recently. They were out having a picnic...at least that's what it seemed like. Kaz squinted his eyes. It would seem that whoever was out to get him had turned over a lot of stones to do it. They were people that had probably forgotten those moments in history. Just who would want to come for him that badly? He glanced over to the members of the church. He could almost hear their hearts racing in excitement. "Of course," he spoke under his breath.

Next up was the woman that was defending him. She asked them if actions like that were commonplace in the knights. Especially in the intent to catch more dangerous criminals. She did what she could to justify those meetings. The judge looked toward Kazimir.

"Have you anything to say on your behalf about this?" The wind mage shook his head for now and kept those thoughts to himself.

WC 155

#6Kazimir Seiryu 

Standing Trial [SL] Empty Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:25 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
Another person was called forward and glee almost filled the faces of the church members. The judges could feel it too. This felt like it would change things. "I saw Kazimir Seiryu, disregard the lives of citizens and cause destruction to homes and lands. He was more like a beast than a man," the older gentleman spat those words with hate.

Kaz looked up at the man and finally recognized him as one of the farmers that day with the boar. It sent a flood of old emotions to return to the wind mage. For the first time this trial, remorse washed over the wind mage.

"I was not myself then," he answered and silent chatter broke out between the judges as Kaz finally spoke. "My magic is tied to a celestial spirit and the rage of that spirit took over my mind and forced me toward destruction," Kaz spoke calmly while his soul lamented the acts.

WC 150

#7Kazimir Seiryu 

Standing Trial [SL] Empty Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:34 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
"You show remorse now! How convenient," the older man thundered. Kaz calmly glared at the man he was standing now. "I didn't mean for all that to happen. It was my weakness that allowed me to be taken over back then." The judges began to whisper in a moment of confusion. Pieces could be pulled out, about it being his magic. Or perhaps that was just a useful lie. It was too hard for them to be sure just yet.

"So you admit to that destruction?" The judge asked and the defense counsel slapped a hand in front of Kaz and shook her head. The wind mage chose to remain silent. The judges shared a grimace with one another. One took a quick glance at the church. The look on his face showed that something was setting in that he had not expected.

"My client's magic is fully under his control now. As we all know, magic at times can be unpredictable. It was not him that caused that damage but whatever it was that was possessing his mind at the time." The judges looked less pleased with this line of reasoning. Some shifted their weight onto their arms, leaning on the bench.

WC 180

#8Kazimir Seiryu 

Standing Trial [SL] Empty Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:16 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
The prosecution calls forth yet another person. The man slunk into the courtroom and never looked at the wind mage. He took a deep breath as he sat down and faced the room. Silence fell over the area. The prosecution gestured to the man.

With a deep gulp, the man sat tall but kept his gaze low, "I...saw the wind mage murder people." A gasp ran across some of the members there. Most of the judges were unphased as they already knew the wind mage had taken lives.

"Rumors spread about a wind mage that prowled the roads at night. Hunting people. He would leave their bodies in shreds. We were all terrified to travel."

The defense objected that no one could know if that was kazimir or not. The prosecution asserted it had to be, with the records of his travels at the time. And the admission that his magic makes him wild. Training records even showed the way that Kazimir fought would have lined up with the attacks on the people.

WC 160

#9Kazimir Seiryu 

Standing Trial [SL] Empty Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:26 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
The judges looked at Kazimir and asked dif he had anything to say on behalf of his defense. Kaz's counsel urged him to stay silent, but the wind mage shook his head. "It doesn't matter," he told softly to the woman and looked back at the judges.

"Most of what you hear was true. I let a murderer escape because she was hunting down more dangerous criminals. She delivered a justice that the system we follow couldn't. I attacked the village because my allies would have died if I didn't." The judges sat in silence as the mage spoke.

"Those people I killed on the road, were all a part of a clan that has constantly hunted and tried to kill me. It had to be them or me. I've always done what I had to do. But it has always been for the sake of the people. I've killed people. I've also saved the king's men. Stopped plots against his life, defeated enemies of the state and more."

WC 160

Total 1,430

Exit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum