Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:10 am

Ryuko

It all begun during a peaceful morning. Seated in her office Esperia had been dealing with her fair share of paperwork: going over the reports about the interrogations of suspects and criminals, the sometimes more questionable interrogations that were meant to bring to light the truth the Rune Knights sought. A sudden knock on her door made Esperia lift her gaze from the document she had been reading as she chimed softly. "The door is unlocked, feel free to enter~" As the door opened a young man stepped forward and saluted her. "Captain Ivalice, we received an odd request just now."

Esperia's smile remained, her gaze remaining fixated on the man. "Oh? A request for our department?" To which the man shook his head lightly in response. "No Captain, for you personally. A Fairy Tail mage: Ghost is requesting an audience with you."

Esperia couldn't help but tilt her head slightly to the side in bewilderment. "A ghost is asking to meet me?" The man smiled weakly at the joke but soon straightened up. "No Captain, the mage his name is Ghost and he would like to train with you according to the request."

The question made her hum briefly as she thought about the matter. "Is that issue with the escaped Chimera still not dealt with?" The knight nodded his head firmly. "Yes Captain, the knights haven't been able to capture it yet." That was all she needed to hear. Rising out of her chair she stepped away from her desk. "Tell Ghost to meet me at the Domus Flau."

Perhaps she would take some time to meet with the young mage and teach him some tricks for nostalgia's sake."

WC: 250
Total WC: 250/2000

#2Ghost 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:00 am

Ghost
" The Domus Flau, what the bloody hell is that? Is it some kind of hot spot around these here parks?"
As he told the young knight at his request that was a request that was turned into another meet-up spot. Ghost was not one to be keen on having a good sense of direction and that was one reason he lofts meet-up places. However, Rayne was different as her's was as good as it gets. As Ghost stood up from the chair he was sitting in. He would yawn and stretch out his body. Looking over at Rayne who was looking out of the window. As Ghost looked at the young knight, he would say to him."Level with me here young man, I am years older than you have a granddaughter about your age. But where is this Domus Flau you speak of?"

As he said that he truly was lost and whatnot. But after a few words with the noble young lad, he was able to get more information although it went in one ear and out the other. Thank the heavens Rayne tend to pay attention to details. As the duo got the location to meet up with their fellow guild mate. They would be on their way. As Rayne held on to Ghost she would be flying. A small exceed yet these cats of an odd world were some strong beings, to say the least. Looking over Ghost was nearly there as the duo landed. Looking around Ghost would say out loud, "Talk about a fixer-upper mates. But I'm looking for a Fairy Tail wizard in these parts. Any clue where she at anyone?" As he said that he would look on towards the crowd waiting for a response.

Wc302/2500

Spoiler:
#3Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:08 am

Ryuko

It was an amusing spectacle, to see Ghost flying in the air as he made his way toward the Domus Flau. Honestly, she had expected most Fiorians would know the grand arena, but nonetheless when the duo arrived and addressed some of the nearby guards, one of them blinked in bewilderment. "We haven't seen any Fairy Tail mages come by."

Yet the mystery would resolve itself in a moment as a feminine voice called out to the crowd. "The only Fairy in the area right now would be yourself Ghost~"

Appearing from a staircase leading deeper into the interior of the arena the young vampire chimed in response. "I'm afraid that the current state of affairs led me to assisting the Rune Knights in their endeavors, but I'm here as you requested~"

Esperia smiled briefly at Ghost as the two guards returned to their station, leaving Esperia to walk the fairy tail mage deeper into the coliseum grounds. "I heard you wanted to meet me? Something in particular you were looking for or hoping to talk about?"

WC: 150
Total WC: 400/2000

#4Ghost 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:38 am

Ghost
Ghost would take his right fist and softly hit his head. "The only fairy here aye. Must have taken a wrong turn or something. But Rayne is never wrong with locations." Just then he would hear a voice. Looking over to see where it came from or who it came from. Looking over he would see someone by the stairwell. It was Esperia of all people. Ghost would give a wave as he went over towards her. As he would say to her, "Are you using from the sun or something mate? It's bloody dark down there." He was just joking but as he went down and started to walk he could see that it was dark except for a few lights here and there. [color=#0033cc]"Sorry if I fall I tend to walk better in light."[color] As he looked on he would hear her speak on the ongoing state of the knights.

"That's something it is you joining them and all. Fairy Tail truly waits for your return. But I come here hoping I can upgrade my battle attic with ya mate. Truth be told I'm lacking in strength and I lost my magic. Some type of trail I'm being out through. So I thought hey I'm in the area ill see if I can tag along with you for a while."

541/2500 WC

Spoiler:
#5Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:59 am

Ryuko

"You lost your magic and hoped to get training?"

Esperia paused, clearly bewildered at Ghost's revelation. As they went deeper underground and the only light remained that of torches, it appeared they would soon arrive in a spacious underground cavern of sorts. "Well, while it's true that strength is an important aspect of combat prowess, it's not the only thing that decides if someone is truly powerful."

Esperia's words were accompanied by a brief smile as the staircase ended and she started walking along the stone tiles, leading deeper into the caverns. "For example, knowledge, your equipment, your combat tactics are all a part of the package."

As she explained these things they arrived at the end of the path, a deep gap between them and what appeared to be a 10 meters rift toward the other side of the cavern they were exploring. A few steps backwards were made when Esperia suddenly lunged forwards and jumped, landing at the other side as she turned to look at Ghost. "I intended to get you some actual combat as training, but fighting a Chimera without your magic might be a bit too much..."

Total WC: 650/2000

#6Ghost 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:26 am

Ghost
As he was walking down he was very tempted to use his eyes all through her was better than his. He still had a way of seeing a bit bigger. As he would then say to her,"I agree with ya it is more to it than that. I am a far way from where I need to be and believe it or not I am a lot better at fighting without magic than you think. I mean I got this sword here. Sore it is not an Almighty blade, however, I still can use it to its peak." As he saw her leap of faith he would have a smile on his. As he did not know how far it was where she landed but it could not be that far as he could still hear her.

Soon he would give a pat to Rayne as she knew what to do. He would take his very own leap of faith and Rayne's wings would come out. As the duo would pretty much fly towards the other end. As he landed he would say to her,"I ain't a lame when it comes to fighting not at all. I just grow tired of fighting weaker beings and need to fight stronger things stronger than me. Listen up mate, I am to go toe to toe with a dragon slayer in ninety days a Chimera would be child play compared to that."

Wc 791/2500

Spoiler:
#7Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:37 am

Ryuko

"A dragon slayer hmm?" A soft hum followed as she turned her gaze toward Ghost and after a moment simply smiled. From her eyes she could easily recognize the man's connections, or in particular the rivalry between him and Kaito. "Dunno~ I would rather fight Kaito than a Chimera."

Esperia replied in amusement as they arrived at their location. The first thing Kaito would likely notice was the fact the underground cavern was enormous, and at its center the Chimera was crouched down, as if resting. The sight of its lion-like main body made it clear it was both tough and sturdy, and then there were the two other parts... From the side of its neck the neck of a ram rose, while at the other side the head of a dragon, while at its back a snake swished back and forth like a tail attached to his body.

"Okay then~ Since you're so eager to fight a Chimera I'll give you some hints: A Chimera primarily is known for its strong physical attacks, so try not to compete in a challenge of might with it. Avoid its attacks and strike when it's vulnerable. Meanwhile you can see the Ram and Dragon heads, right? They grant it special powers, when the Ram's eyes start to glow you want to get out of melee range as fast as you can, at least ten meters for it will release a chilling blast that can freeze even the strongest of mages in place. The dragon's eyes however will indicate a long range attack where you'll want to get close in to avoid it. Oh and avoid it's rear, Chimera venom is lethal."

And with these words she took a seat at the ledge. "If things get nasty I'll jump in~"

WC: 250
Total WC:900/2000

#8Ghost 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:06 am

Ghost
"Yikes" he would say as he saw the Chimera up ahead. As he looked on sizing up the beast for dear life. Looking over at her. As she said what she said,"Geez I am happy for him that he went and got all strong and whatnot. But I am completely ashamed of how I fell behind him. Now I will gain my glory back by breathing this thing." As he looked on he would walk towards the beast standing just ten meters away from it. As he listened to what Espy had to say about it. Her words weren't exactly friendly about it. As he looked on he would be all set to fight the beast. As Rayne would take her place right next to Esperia which was a first. This truly took Ghost for a surprise if anything. As he looked on he would grab his katana.

Now in his right hand, he would start to slowly swing it. "Alright, mate I'll drop this wanna-be saint beast." With his left hand he would crack his muscles. Seeing as his magic was low tier he would start to try to use what was left of it.

Wc998/2500

Spoiler:
#9Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:08 pm

Ryuko

Esperia simply smiled, as she remained seated while Ghost approached the Chimera. The drawn katana made it clear he was going for a martial fight, a logical outcome if he had truly lost his magic. Perhaps it was for that reason she was curious and wanted to see for herself what the man's capacities were. If Ghost wanted a slow approach, he certainly wouldn't get it, for once he entered the area the Chimera was in the beast slowly rose back onto its feet and turned toward him.

The lion-like main body of the Chimera growled while the eyes of the dragon started to glow an eerie purple glow. It would take a moment, but soon the dragon head roared, causing a collection of thunder bolts to start raining down onto the battlefield, leaving only a safe-space of 5 meters around the large creature while anywhere from beyond that up to 50 meters would be consumed by lightning bolts.

Total WC: 1050/2000

#10Ghost 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:16 pm

Ghost
As he looked on Ghost would be in for it now. As he tried to think of ways to take this thing down. As he got into his counter stance he knew he had to make an impact on this thing. Its size made Ghost look like a kid. As he saw the beast start to roar. He would notice that the sky would have lightning in it. This put Ghost at a standstill. As he hurried up he would start to rush the beast. Trying to get it off guard as he took his sword. His speed should give him the edge to deal with it. Rushing towards the beast. If all was well and all went to plan. Ghost would run at the beast then dashed to his right and the beast left. As he took his sword he would be 3 meters from the beast.

Watching as the tightening came down. Ghost would give a smile as he prepared to attack it."Now then taste my blade, you unlucky soul." Just as he said that he would now be within a 2-meter range of the beast. Making sure to use its size against it.

1198/2000

Spoiler:
#11Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:08 pm

Ryuko

It was clever to rush to its flank, after all being close to the Chimera's body did expose Ghost to the risk of being attacked directly by the Chimera. While lightning came clashing down from the sky around him, Ghost had reached the safe spot. However, the Chimera was not out of tricks yet. Ghost declared his attack, the katana raised and ready to swing down onto his foe when all of a sudden, the ram head dove in, attempting to headbutt his flank at the same time his swing would hit the side of the Chimera's body.

The attack had landed, causing the katana to sink slightly into the flesh of the Chimera and spill a trail of blood, but judging from the depth of the slash he had only created a surface wound. "The hide of a Chimera is surprisingly tough~ Isn't it?" Esperia chimed from her observation spot as the Chimera prepared to counter-attack. If the Ram head his attack had not done its job, the Chimera intended to turn toward Ghost and suddenly started to inhale: Something was about to happen soon!

Total WC: 1200/2000

#12Ghost 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:08 am

Ghost
Ghost looked on and was surprised that he only did a little damage to the beast that was the Chimera. But he still did damage to it which means it can hurt and if it can be hurt it can be beaten. But at this range, he needed to do more. Looking on he truly wished he had his crash magic usually he would send a target flying at this range. That was the only part he hated about this trail one was in right now. Looking on Ghost would see the Chimera head charging in at him. He is known for his speed himself but at this range, he was good as got. However, Ghost would put a smile on his face as he locked his arm back and popped it back out at the incoming attack. Almost as if he was going to send an attack of his own.

Within seconds Ghost would throw a punch with his left hand and it was not just a punch but he used his palm. As the
Chimera attacked landed somewhat. Ghost would use the impact to lunch himself up off the Chimera head. Not paying attention to the pain that was now his broken right arm. As that shock wave, he felt was his arm. Breaking.
As Rayne heard Espy say that the Chimera body was tough she would reply with her very own saying.
"That's true but Joy-Boy he is tougher." Just then Ghost would land on the back of the
Chimera if all went according to plan. Lost an arm but he has gained an advantage where only the tail would be a problem for him if anything. As he saw the other head start to raise its head he would aim to stab it right in the middle of it.

Wc1,508

Spoiler:
#13Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:27 pm

Ryuko

It was a bold strategy, but she had to admit it was clever. She had not seen anyone do something as reckless as attempting to mount a Chimera, and yet he did. The impact must had hurt, but with Ghost now on the back of the Chimera the dragon's head that was raised up got cleanly impaled by the man's weapon, causing the creature to roar in anger and pain.

However, the fight was not over yet, for the head of the Ram's eyes glowed blue as suddenly, if he remained on the Chimera's back, Ghost would feel his feet freezing onto the back of the Chimera while the serpent-like tail swept toward him! The jaws of the snake opened, attempting to bite down onto Ghost's back.

"I'll admit he has guts~ But if he plans to fight A Dragon Slayer, he'll need more. Such reckless tactics would get him killed in a fight." She spoke toward the companion of Ghost, and though her voice was soft and gentle there was a hint of sadness in it, clearly she didn't want to see Ghost dying because of recklessness... She had seen enough people dying for a lifetime.

WC: 200
Total WC: 1400/1800

#14Ghost 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:31 am

Ghost
Rayne looked on as she saw Ghost fighting. As she truly was the only one that saw Ghost fight from the beginning to the end. So it made perfect sense that those who see him fighting would think of this. But she had a point Ghost used his magic so often that without it his fighting style was on the verge of being a double edge sword. But this is not the first time Ghost got himself in trouble like this. As Rayne would then reply to her "reckless tactics maybe for an uncool person or even a silly bad guy. But Ghost is so much more than meets the eye...YOU CAN DO IT JOY-BOY."
Ghost would look on as he felt his feet starting to numb up. But he was not done yet. Looking at the dragon head he was hoping it would be out for the remaining of the fight. Looking at his skin would start to glow and glow it did. Just then his eyes would turn bright golden. As he would then have a smile on his face. As he broke free from the numbing that was his feet. Ghost would then take his sword as he aimed it at the snake. But this time the sword would be glowing with light magic. As he went right back for the snake jumping up he would aim to slash the tail/snake head off. As he jumped right back down on the back of the beast. Ghost would take his sword and point it at the goat head next if all went to plan.
As he looked on he was using his Grace a very powerful move that his people use when in battle. It truly increases one power ten times the original.

Wc1,809/2000

Spoiler:
#15Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:23 am

Ryuko

"A Nephilim hmm?" Esperia chimed softly, seemingly thinking for a moment while she continued to observe Ghost. However, while his initial strategy seemed to be to use the power of his Grace to power through the offense of the serpent, it did bring some problems with it. The ice had numbed his feet, slowing him down remarkably even with his Grace active. Jumping always bore risks with it, something Ghost would understand soon, for when the sword came swinging down in a overhead slash the serpent's skin proved to be harder than steel, the serpent coiling around Ghost as it attempted to raise its jaws to bite down into the man's shoulder.

"Let's see... if I got a solid read on Ghost this might be it?"

Esperia chimed softly as suddenly Ghost would feel a powerful force knocking him out of the grip of the serpent. However, the reason behind this knockback was because there was no serpent left! Its entire head had been severed, or rather blasted off as Esperia mused softly "I believe that was your magic Ghost?"

The vampire chimed softly as she leaned back. "Now go ahead and finish off your prey~ I'll explain the reason for this exercise in a bit~"

Total WC: 1600/1800

#16Ghost 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:04 am

Ghost
As he lifted his left hand down. He would look on and be in a shocked state of mind. Ghost would be looking at the now down beast as he slowly got off of its back. As he looked on he would hear what Espy had to say. Ghost would be looking at his left hand still in shock. Looking on he would say to Espy,"My magic aye I never really could control it. As a matter of fact, it always caused me trouble
So i shied away from it. Only would I use my grace i could control it. But soon I thought i lost it until now."
As he looked on at down beast again he would start to get feelings back into his feet. Ghost then replies to Espy saying Finnish the beast off. "We were tasked to defeat the beast and we did I don't think we need to kill it well to deliver the final blow. It's laid out and helpless now. Thank the stars it won't be able to feel the pain. Now let's wrap this up and get out of here mate-"

Just as Ghost said that his body would calm down as his eyes turn white and he would faint. Clearly, he was too tired from using his grace after so long. Soon Rayne would run to the falling body.

2,000+ Wc
Finish

Spoiler:
#17Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (A-rank NQ) Empty Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:10 am

Ryuko

Esperia sighed audibly at Ghost's words, a hand raised to her forehead. "You do realize that's a Chimera? Show it mercy and it can kill you in the blink of an eye."

Yet as Ghost started to stagger and fall forward, the vampire had already launched herself off the ledge and landed right beside Ghost, ensuring he would gently fall onto her shoulder. "Let's get him to an inn so he can rest, I'll inform the knights to collect the Chimera."

With these words she would start to help carry Ghost back toward Crocus while addressing the familiar of the lad. "When he wakes up, tell him if he wants, I can train him in how to use his magic properly. I'll be heading for the South soon for work, but until then I'll be here in Central."

Even now she wasn't entirely certain why she wanted to help Ghost. Was it because she saw a younger and more immature version of herself in him? It reminded her of when Alisa used to train her, days that seemed so peaceful and idealistic compared to the reality she found herself in nowadays. But she wasn't about to complain about that!

[Exit]

Total WC: 1800/1800

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum