Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Falon'Din 

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:45 pm

Falon'Din
The Desiertian wakes up in his room in the Sleeping Calamity Guild house with a sharp groan. His body was still wrapped up from his recent quest at sea with Ikazuchi a few weeks previously. It left him largely bedridden for a few days but as soon as the Desiertian could be on his feet without collapsing he was immediately back to training. It was during that quest that the beast they fought claimed Xerxes’ left eye as its prize before it died shortly afterward. Knowing that he was at a severe disadvantage operating with just one eye, Xerxes begrudgingly decided to use the family heirloom that his brother had brought from home per his mother’s last wish, the Millennium eye. The Desiertian had a particular disdain for magic or things that operated with magic, not wanting to rely on such items but rather his own power. The slowing properties of Jotunn’s Fang was a bit of a loophole as Jotunns themselves had the ability inherently. This was something completely different and something he did not even think would work.

WC: 180
TWC: 180 / 1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#2Falon'Din 

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:46 pm

Falon'Din
Though, knowing that his mother had to have had a reason for wanting it delivered to him, Xerxes decided to trust in her judgement and hoped that the rumors surrounding the eye were in fact true. To his complete and utter surprise, the rumors were in well founded. Mere seconds after he placed the metallic eye in his eye socket, he could see the mana in every living creature in the area. Not so much seeing the mana but having an exact number in the amount of mana they possessed and knowing what element of magic they used. They appeared as silhouettes with those with large mana pools showing brightly. It was a wonderous thing that opened the Desiertian’s eyes to world he never through he’d be able to fathom. He trails his hand along the left side of his face, wincing at the random bout of phantom pain that occurred every once in a while, before fully getting up and getting ready to go out. Today was the first day that he felt good enough to go out and do something outside of training. He needed to get out and see the world in a new perspective.

WC: 198
TWC: 378 / 1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

Last edited by Sharyar Xerxes II on Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3Falon'Din 

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:48 pm

Falon'Din
Xerxes walks down the Orchidia streets with a note from Ikazuchi, asking him to come to the once abandoned building site where they first met. The owner of that building had contracted them to help quell the giant rat infestation that plagued it for his own needs. The two of them had accomplished the feat so the Desiertian wondered just why they were meeting back there again.

As he approached, he received his answer. A foul putrid smell, even worse than what he smelled the last time he was there radiated around the area. The building looked to be in pristine condition on the outside but Xerxes figured it was quite the opposite on the inside. As with before, the owner stood outside, looking more stressed than usual. He paced around, gradually taking longing glances at the building before seeing the approaching Xerxes. Instantly, the man’s mood improves as he moves towards the Desiertian. As he gets close, he stops and stares in awe of the metallic eye in Xerxes’ left eye socket. He goes to speak but Xerxes silences him, simply shaking his head negatively. “I know…my eye. I’ve a pounding headache and not exactly in the mood to explain it. Hopefully you understand.” Xerxes says sternly. He knew at some point he would have to explain the situation with his eye to people but for now, he opted for it to remain a mystery.

WC: 236
TWC: 614 / 1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#4Falon'Din 

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:53 pm

Falon'Din
The man respected the Desiertian’s request and ushered him over to a small secluded area so the two could converse. “Thank you for coming again. It seems that my luck regarding this building is cursed. Every time I attempt to get things started; something else happens and I’m back to square one. As you can see, we’ve finished up the work on the building and were ready to begin operations but there was another infestation of rats, even more than the last time. I tried to get help to quell it but due to nothing seems to stick and due to all the fighting, the inside of the building is nearly in the same state of disrepair as it was the first time. I realized that I needed you Sleeping Calamity boys to hopefully get the job done. Your friend arrived before you and has already begun to clean out everything. If possible, can you please go in there with him and put a stop to this?

Xerxes groans in irritation, not wanting his first job back to be one wading in shit and blood but it needed to be done. For the time being, this was his way of living. He was surprised that Ikazuchi had agreed to do such a quest once again as he figured that he would be out doing something more lucrative or honing his skills but figured that the man has his reasons. He agreed with the owner’s terms of agreement, blowing up the sever entrance entirely with the provided explosives, even his foolish request to bring back any loot that he may find while doing so. Xerxes, however, had no desire to turn in anything that he found. If he had to wade in shit, he was going to get all of what he believed he deserved for it and then some. Waving towards the building owner, Xerxes heads inside to deal with this rat infestation once and for all.

WC: 327
TWC: 941 / 1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#5Falon'Din 

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:54 pm

Falon'Din
Warily, Xerxes enters the building, the putrid smell from before returning en masse. IT made him sick to his stomach but he knew that he needed to keep going and get this done as quickly as possible. He begins to focus as he sees the silhouettes of a multitude of rats scurrying about deep within the building. The silhouettes were rather dim which let Xerxes know that they would not be too much trouble. He walks quickly and confidently to where the original hole was, sheathing his spear and drawing the hidden blades on his person. As each rat lunged towards the Desiertian, they were swiftly and expertly cut down. With each strike, he moves faster and faster, wondering if this was the power of the eye now within his eye socket or just something else entirely. As he mowed through the vermin, he could hear the death rattles of other rats deeper in the building. “That’s likely him…” he says, feeling a bit of nostalgia as he does.

WC: 169
TWC: 1,110 / 1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#6Falon'Din 

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:57 pm

Falon'Din
It was just like this the first time that they met, each of them arriving at different times with both of them aiming towards the same goal. As he reaches the hole that leads towards the sewer and sees some blood-soaked footprints. “Seems he beat me to it. Could have waited at least.” Xerxes sneers. As he starts to enter the hole to greet Ikazuchi, a rumbling stops him. Using the millennium eye, Xerxes sees a large mana presence coming towards him. “Looks like he missed one.” Xerxes smiles as he draws Jotunn’s Fang. A massive rat emerged, the sides of its body scraping along the hole it attempted to come through. It’s beady red eyes and yellow fangs barred towards the Desiertian. Xerxes quickly moves back, allowing the creature to emerge in full so he can tackle it without restriction.

The creature charges towards the man who quickly dodges the initial strike before moving to sever the rat’s ear. The creature roars in pain as Xerxes quickly follows up with his assault, not giving the beast any reprieve. He had learned from his mistake during the last quest which has cost him his eye. While he benefitted from it, it was a mistake he’d never make again. Giving one final swipe, the Desiertian ends the creature’s life as he flicks the blood from his blade. Nothing that he’ll likely have to get Ikazuchi to perform maintenance on it again, he heads inside the sewer to begin his task of sealing it once again.

WC: 254
TWC: 1,364 / 1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#7Falon'Din 

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:59 pm

Falon'Din
As he begins the preparations, he sees two mana silhouettes deep down in the sewers. Given the readings of the attributes, he could instantly tell that one of them was Ikazuchi. The other, however, was different. It was another human shaped silhouette but possessed a considerably high mana pool and Ikazuchi was quickly approaching it. “I wonder if that’s the one whose been causing all of this.” He thinks as he moves towards them. As he gets towards an intersection, he sees a mark on one of the walls, likely caused by Ikazuchi to let him know where he went. Beginning to head down that pathway, he sees another mana silhouette coming from the other side. It was also human shaped and boasted a considerably high mana pool in its own right. “I think I see what’s going on here.” Xerxes says as he heads down the opposite pathway. As he ventured closer and closer towards the mana silhouette, he could hear the being talking to itself as it paced around. “This time, that damned businessman will finally get what’s coming to him.

WC: 183
TWC: 1,547 / 1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#8Falon'Din 

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:00 pm

Falon'Din
And just what exactly is that?” Xerxes says, revealing himself entirely. “Who the hell are you?!” the man screams as Xerxes points his spear towards his head. He begins to panic and clutches his staff tightly, summoning a small horde of rats in front of him. “I know who you are. You are one of those guys who attempted to stop us last time. My brother and I weren’t here the last time to stop you guys but we are here in full force now.” “You talk too much.” Xerxes sighs as he tosses Jotunn’s Fang towards the man with all of his strength, impaling him up against the wall. “I’m sure Ikazuchi will take care of your brother.” The summoned creatures disintegrate as the man futilely attempts to remove the spear from his abdomen. Blood trickles down from his face as he struggles, Xerxes calmly walking towards him before placing a few of the provided explosives around the area.

WC: 160
TWC: 1,707 / 1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#9Falon'Din 

Pest Control: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:01 pm

Falon'Din
As he meticulously moves around, he spots some of the stolen loot from the building and pockets it, silently calling this his ‘bonus’. After placing his hand on his spear, he rips it out of the man’s abdomen as he collapses. “Please…don’t do this.” He says as Xerxes ignores his cries before the area is quickly engulfed in flames. The explosion shakes the foundation of the sewers as Xerxes leaves and heads back to the owner. “Is it done?” the man says as he sees the approaching Xerxes. “Can you not yell?” Xerxes says with a hand cupping his head. The explosion, along with him still adjusting to his eye, caused a serious migraine. All he wanted to do was lay down. The man apologizes as Xerxes briefly explains that the rat problem should be over with, deciding to leave the finer details of it to his comrade. After accepting the payment, Xerxes leaves to get some well-deserved rest.

WC: 159
TWC: 1,866 / 1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum