Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Mine is Mine - A-Rank [SOLO]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ikazuchi 

What's Mine is Mine - A-Rank [SOLO] Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:45 pm

Ikazuchi
Ikazuchi had begun actively accepting various requests after successfully forging his new sword Breaker. He needed to obtain resources for other forging projects, or jewels to purchase them if that failed. While combing through the various requests available, he happened to come across one that could allow him to do both at the same time. He immediately took the request form and left for Rush Valley after coming across it due to his excitement.

It was around eight in the morning when departed, so his arrival was still considered earlier in the day. He managed to meet his employer shortly before the man intended to go out for lunch due to this. The man attempted to treat Ikazuchi to lunch while they discussed the rewards, but was met with rejection. Ikazuchi stopped by as a formality to inform the man that he had accepted the request. He didn’t intend to engage in the complicated politics that surrounded the wealthy. During the few occasions that he had in the past, those men suffered greatly due to their greed and he didn’t wish for that to happen again.

Word Count: 180

#2Ikazuchi 

Ikazuchi
When Ikazuchi arrived at the Dawncliff mine, he was greeted by many wary gazes. Some were downright hostile towards him. The entrance to the mine seemed to be a neutral zone among the miners, but he suspected that the teams belonged to various different factions in the mining industry. Even Ikazuchi could be described as a member of one of those factions, albeit only as a temporary mercenary.

Something that he had neglected to inform his employer of was his familiarity with mines and minerals that was gained during his long two years spent in the Worth Woodsea. He had managed to even develop a somewhat decent mine near his residence in order to keep crafting weapons during his seclusion. He was looking forward to the differences that he could observe between the two mines, as well as the quality and quantity that managed to supply an entire village. Of course, this was only a secondary goal for Ikazuchi as he gradually entered the mine.

Word Count: 160
Total Word Count: 340

#3Ikazuchi 

Ikazuchi
The structure of the mine consisted of a large tunnel with plentiful supports along the main path. Many lamps were strung up along the path deeper allowing Ikazuchi to see many people moving in and out of the side branching tunnels. As he was a new face, he was rarely met with anything other than wariness. He could guess that these people were concerned that he would find out which area they operated in. This was within his expectations though, no one would accept their livelihood being threatened.

Ikazuchi knew that it would be hard to claim a specific area in such a large mine, so each person could only hope to hide their ore veins they found. That’s under the assumption that the individual didn’t belong to a large group capable of monopolizing the area. It was these groups that Ikazuchi was most likely to clash with as a mercenary prospector.

Word Count: 150
Total Word Count: 490

#4Ikazuchi 

Ikazuchi
Ikazuchi noticed that there were more mine shafts than he expected that were guarded. That was expected, but he was unsure why some guards received distinctly different treatment despite performing the same task. He saw multiple interactions between the guards and the miners before eventually stopping one of the miners that left the tunnel and asking for himself. “Excuse me, would you mind if I asked you a couple of questions? I’m new here and I don’t want to step on any toes.”

The miner he spoke to had given him a different impression, almost as if he didn’t need to be concerned about Ikazuchi. Still, the man was hesitant after being directly approached by someone unfamiliar. Ikazuchi took a step back after realizing that the man could be concerned about what the questions would be. “Ah, it’s nothing major! I just wasn’t sure what the difference between the guards for your mineshaft and the others is.”

Total Word Count: 640

#5Ikazuchi 

What's Mine is Mine - A-Rank [SOLO] Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:46 pm

Ikazuchi
The miner was visibly relieved as he relaxed and responded. “If it’s only that, you would hear about it soon enough. There are two major companies operating alongside many smaller ones.” The man paused for a moment before turning to look at the guards a short distance away. They could likely hear the discussion, but didn’t seem to mind what was being said. “The company that they work for employs many miners fairly, but it’s not just that. If you don’t work for them, you can still work in their mine shafts as long as you pay a fair tax.”

After speaking about this the man turned back to Ikazuchi and continued. “They have a good reputation and only use force to protect the mine shafts. The conditions are generally better there as well, so most of us interact with them or other companies on good terms with them.” Ikazuchi was pleasantly surprised by what the man revealed, and he naturally appreciated the company for how they operated.

Total Word Count: 800

#6Ikazuchi 

What's Mine is Mine - A-Rank [SOLO] Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:46 pm

Ikazuchi
“And the others?” Ikazuchi was more curious about the other groups after hearing that. The other guards were generally more hostile, reminiscent of the criminals that would visit businesses and extort protection fees. The man’s expression shifted immediately after Ikazuchi’s question before explaining. “They’re from companies that screw over everyone in order to earn a few extra jewels. They use loopholes in the contracts to not pay their miners, or even push them into debt if needed.”

Ikazuchi’s expression shifted slightly as the man continued to vent his frustrations. “Those kinds of companies are ruining the mining industry, and actively trying to raise the ore value while reducing wages!” By this point, Ikazuchi had heard enough. The man seemed like he would keep going if he didn’t speak up, so he interrupted before he could. “Thanks for answering my questions, I’m going to keep looking around in that case.” After that, Ikazuchi quickly departed without waiting for a response. Even after he made his way out of earshot, he felt as though he could hear that miner complaining.

Word Count: 170
Total Word Count: 970

#7Ikazuchi 

What's Mine is Mine - A-Rank [SOLO] Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:47 pm

Ikazuchi
Ikazuchi had initially intended to roam into the unclaimed mine shafts in order to find, but after hearing the miner’s words he decided that there may be a better option. Those companies that used people would likely possess ore-rich mine shafts, so he could just take that over for his employer. At the end of the day, the man asked for a good location. Not causing a dispute wasn’t one of the conditions, so Ikazuchi would just do what he does best.

With that thought in mind, he strolled through the mine while observing the guards and gauging their strength. He had noticed previously that they had varying levels of strength, and that likely correlated to the value of what they protected. If he intended to take over a mine shaft, he believed that he should obtain one of greater value in order to earn himself a larger amount of jewels.

Total Word Count: 1,120

#8Ikazuchi 

What's Mine is Mine - A-Rank [SOLO] Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:47 pm

Ikazuchi
‘They look pretty good…’ Ikazuchi had roamed deeper into the mine where the structural integrity was worse, but the quality of the ores was higher. The number of miners and guards had decreased, but the strength and quality of the guards had increased. He had also noticed that the guards belonging to the fair company had drastically decreased in number. He was quick to understand that they cared less about the risk, and were more willing to commit crimes in an area that most people didn’t frequent. ‘That’s perfect for me though.’

Ikazuchi walked directly up to the aggressive guards after that. “Excu-” He attempted to introduce himself in order to provoke the men, but he was cut off immediately. “Fuck off!!” Ikazuchi couldn’t help but smile when he heard that. If they were going to provoke him, he wouldn’t feel bad in the slightest for his following actions. ‘Should I kill them?’ This was the only consideration he had after approaching them.

Total Word Count: 1,280

#9Ikazuchi 

What's Mine is Mine - A-Rank [SOLO] Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:48 pm

Ikazuchi
“Are you deaf?! I told you to fuck off!!” The guard was yelling, causing his voice to echo through the mine, and many people had their attention drawn towards the commotion. Some of the miners seemed to feel pity, others saw Ikazuchi’s equipment and seemed to display a trace of hope. Ikazuchi actively chose to keep smiling when seeing someone like this. He didn’t have to do anything but that and the man would snap before long.

“Do you wanna die?!” Ikazuchi perked up slightly when he heard the guard say this and finally responded. “Is that a threat?” The difference between the guard’s visible anger and Ikazuchi’s friendly smile created a strange atmosphere. The various observers couldn’t understand what was going on, but no one could turn their attention away. It was at that point that the guards for that mine shaft and those from the nearby affiliated ones drew their weapons without another word.

Total Word Count: 1,430

#10Ikazuchi 

Ikazuchi
“You guys really don’t want to do this.” Ikazuchi genuinely warned them this time, despite having attempted to provoke them previously. He was aware that the men were weaker than him, but he wouldn’t hold back if they truly went for the kill. As someone who had killed many by now, there wouldn’t be any hesitation killing these corrupt guards if they attempted to kill him. He didn’t think that these guards would be so bloodthirsty, but he also wasn’t aware that the value of the mines here exceeded what he imagined.

There were no more words exchanged as the bloodthirsty guards started to use their short swords to attack him. ‘They aren’t bad?’ His steps were quick and precise as he avoided each attack and actively kept the guards in front of himself. This limited how many he would face at a time, and also prevented any attacks from his blind spot.

Total Word Count: 1,580

#11Ikazuchi 

Ikazuchi
“Motherfucker! Quit running away!” The guards responded with growing frustration as they struck nothing but air. They were out for blood, but were being toyed with by someone that hadn’t even drawn his sword. Not only were they frustrated, the circumstances left them feeling disrespected as well. “Do you wanna die?” Ikazuchi couldn’t help but return their earlier question as he recognized the cause of their frustrations.

He still had the same smile as before, but it didn’t seem to reach his eyes as his hand rested in the hilt of his sword. The angry guards and various observers all felt a slight discomfort due to Ikazuchi at that moment. The slight change in his demeanor seemed to reveal his intent. A couple of the calmer guards hesitated, seemingly intending to step down after seeing that. Unfortunately, there was someone who couldn’t read the room. “Try and kill me, motherfucker!”

Total Word Count: 1,730

#12Ikazuchi 

What's Mine is Mine - A-Rank [SOLO] Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:49 pm

Ikazuchi
“You asked for it…” Ikazuchi’s attention shifted to those who had been about to step down and addressed them directly this time. “Sorry, your friend here seems to want you dead.” After saying that, he drew his sword, Breaker, from its sheath and calmly faced the group of seven men with only a single sword. He knew that they weren’t mages due to the power his eyes possessed, so he didn’t feel the need to use Spellcutter. As for dual wielding, it would likely hinder him in such a confined space so he chose not to do so.

In the next moment, Ikazuchi lunged forward targeting the guards that seemed to want to back out earlier. They would be the first to die under his sword as he didn’t wish for anyone to suddenly escape and bring reinforcements. One lost his head before he realized, displaying an intense shock as his head flew into the air and witnessed his corpse falling to the ground. The light seemed to fade from the eyes of the decapitated head around the time that Ikazuchi had already decapitated his other cowardly comrade.

Word Count: 180
Total Word Count: 1,910

#13Ikazuchi 

What's Mine is Mine - A-Rank [SOLO] Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:49 pm

Ikazuchi
After that, Ikazuchi swiftly finished off the rest of the guards with similar displays shown before. The only person that died in a different manner was the one who insulted and goaded him. That person laid on the ground dying from blood loss after the others were all killed. Ikazuchi did this as payback towards the man, intentionally having the man die slowly as punishment. Based on his personality, Ikazuchi suspected that the man who he killed last was making life particularly hard for the miners present so it could also be called retribution.

After that, he discussed various details regarding the mine management with the few guards from the proper companies and the miners that weren’t being forced to work unfairly. It was rather smooth for him to determine the information he needed to provide his employer to claim the mine shafts. If there was anything that Ikazuchi regretted, it was the fact that the minerals located here weren’t ones that he needed. Still, he managed to finish his job so he could collect his reward.

By the time Ikazuchi returned, it seemed his employer had heard from some informant what he had done. The man was obviously dissatisfied, but Ikazuchi provided the information regardless. ‘You should be more clear in your request next time.’ In the end, Ikazuchi managed to coerce an extra reward from the man due to the combat and profit he would obtain from the mine shafts. After that, Ikazuchi started his journey back to the Guild Hall hoping to arrive before sunset.

Word Count: 250
Total Word Count: 2,160

OOC: Completed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum