Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Konyo 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Thu May 19, 2022 1:10 pm

Konyo

Just looking for some personal feedback regarding Season 4 and the site as a whole. Bear in mind that this is not official, please keep any feedback that you have in your original post, here are a few starting questions. feel free to expand upon it or leave some questions unanswered.

1. How are you guys enjoying the season 4 timeskip?
  2. What are your takes on the recent restart and burn system?
  3. What are your takes on the new forge system?
  4. What kind of content are you guys looking forward to?
  5. Are you satisfied with how things are going after season 4 came out?
  6. What are the top three things you guys are looking forward to coming out this season?
  7. What would you like to see return?, if nothing, ignore.
  8. What kind of other opinions do you have for this site, that you think can improve the site?
  9. What kind of things don’t you like on this site that has been happening since you got here?

#2Khalfani 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Thu May 19, 2022 1:17 pm

Khalfani
Additionally, here are some Anonymous polls related to the site in general.

Click (What would you like to see FIRST)

Click (Site Productivity)

Click (Mod/Approval Speed)

Click (Site Prices)

Last edited by Khalfani on Thu May 19, 2022 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Noel — at 4:40 AM
I forget being gay is ur personality
[4:40 AM]
No depth beyond

#3Caius 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Thu May 19, 2022 1:43 pm

Caius
How are you guys enjoying the season 4 timeskip?

No events have happened so meh

What are your takes on the recent restart and burn system?

Hate it. years worth of stat/mana/exp gone. applies to a very small niche. Time could have been used on better things

What are your takes on the new forge system?

Haven't used it yet but more customization is always good

What kind of content are you guys looking forward to?

Site events. hopefully with lots of jewels.

Are you satisfied with how things are going after season 4 came out?

No the magics are all gone and will be for months. no events. stuff is still too expensive

What are the top three things you guys are looking forward to coming out this season?

Nothing of note has been released so nothing here.

What would you like to see return?, if nothing, ignore.

Events, the magics, mysterious merchant. jewel buffs

What kind of other opinions do you have for this site, that you think can improve the site?

More jewels or lower prices, the pre approved spell system I made should be applied immediately . Spells will always be backed up as history has shown multiple times. https://www.fairytailrp.com/t61641-pre-approved-spell-system,  more customization, MM items should be limited to 1-2 items per player. As in once a player has MM 2 items in their inventory they can't get anything else or else the rich get richer

What kind of things don’t you like on this site that has been happening since you got here?

Admins need more freedom for changes. everything can't be run through Jyu or stuff goes by a snails pace because he is only one man

Last edited by Caius on Tue May 24, 2022 1:12 pm; edited 7 times in total

Hi I'm Caius
#4Esperia 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Thu May 19, 2022 1:44 pm

Esperia

Overall I been enjoying Season 4, albeit primarily cause I got personal plots going on, I think the enjoyment will be a lot higher once season-related plot events and such start coming out.

*high intensity sweating* I already gave my take on it recently in quite a detailed conversation, overall while the restart and burn system is nice in the aspect it allows you to gain things like plothooks/stories that were previously inaccessible or considered 'unofficial', there are many flaws found in the system currently that makes the potential interest be a lot less than it could be. Most consider the costs way too high, and then there is the matter that a Partial Restart is by all means a more beneficial road to go, compared to a full or special restart that sacrifices way more, just for a race label? But I do hope to see improvements come out to the system down the line so that more people become interested in the system.

Overall I really like the recent improvements to the forge. It is still a bit of a search in terms of 'what is allowed, what isn't allowed' when it comes to effects and such, which does sometimes lead to 'oooh so this is possible?!' when someone gets a effect approved. No real complains about this aside from me thinking Kon should get paid overtime for dealing with all my forge questions ^^

I would love to see the shop getting more content, for example bringing back/updating some of the items that were shelved from season 3 might be a start for that. Especially magics and TOs are a personal point of interest to me. I also am looking forward to islands for the opportunity for people to expand their plots, create new locations etc.

In all honesty? No, I expressed my concern before on the matter, but I feel that too much currently relies on a back and forth between Jyu and the Dev team, which does slow down progress when either side isn't available for some reason. There really should be a more streamlined process for releasing new content to keep the site feeling fresh and lively.

What are the top three things you guys are looking forward to coming out this season?

- Islands
- Restart and Burn improvements/more flexible options to get those things
- Shop updates

What would you like to see return?
- Cain's Curse V2

What kind of other opinions do you have for this site, that you think can improve the site?

Going back to the aforementioned topic: I feel there should be a more streamlined progress for Dev to release stuff, whether it involves Admins giving it a final look over, or Jyu possibly pulling something back if it requires to be pulled back for revision. But right now I feel that in terms of development a lot of stuff is being worked on, but isn't able to be released due to how the development cycle functions. It might just be my personal opinion but I feel development has been in a stasis state lately, or like the fact that some things can't release yet that might be a cause of frustration for staff members working on those things?

Not to mention, there is a treasure trove of Season 3 items that could be brought back with some updates to fill the shop again.

What kind of things don’t you like on this site that has been happening since you got here?

I'll plead the fifth on this, don't see much reason to post those things here so...

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic 9SJZlYO
"Saving the world, one slime at a time~"
#5Steel 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Thu May 19, 2022 2:39 pm

Steel

Actual player agency and site impact beyond storylines.

#6Khalfani 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Thu May 19, 2022 3:08 pm

Khalfani
Steel wrote:
Actual player agency and site impact beyond storylines.

^

Noel — at 4:40 AM
I forget being gay is ur personality
[4:40 AM]
No depth beyond

#7Piper 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Thu May 19, 2022 6:42 pm

Piper

It's been alright, definitely could have been better, with things like items and magics taking far too long to be added to the shops. Plot-wise, I feel we could do with some more large scale story stuff, be it driven by staff or members.

I'm on the fence with this one. I like the idea that extra experience can be used for things with current characters, to allow growth. I also like that it means those that finish the stories of their characters get new boons to start brand new characters, giving them a reason to do so etc. I strongly like the restart system.

The burn system I feel could be done far better. For a start, I think burning should only remove EXP, not stats and certainly not mana, at the very least it should be a set amount of mana, rather than a percentage etc. I also believe people should be max rank as the min you can drop to. Meaning if someone has X amount of experience ABOVE max rank they could then get a bonus. Rather than losing power that makes little sense storywise.

To me it shouldn't really be a 'burn' system in the first place and it should have been like a bonus system for high ranking people to improve themselves.

I haven't really dabbled in it, but it seems fine to me from a player standpoint.

Large scale story and plot. Base shop items being completed and released for those that don't want to forge their own. Or as cheaper alternatives.

Yes and no. Some things have been handled wonderfully by the staff team while some things could do with improvements. I think a better staff system for getting items and magics out is needed especially due to the slow pace killing the vibes for some players.

ITEMS! I wanna see guns and staffs so bad. Also companion forge and possibly new classes.

What would you like to see return?

I haven't been here long enough to miss anything.

A better staff system, I know I don't see what it's like behind the scenes, but from a player perspective, there is a lot lacking when it comes to staff cohesion and getting things released promptly. Admins seem more like head mods than actual admins, they should have the authority to make decisions, not just Jyu. That's why they're called admins.

It should be more clear what staff are devs working behind the scenes and what staff are moderators and what they review. A regularly updated list visible to players can help with this. It helps players know who they should approach for certain things.

DUNGEONS - Although I know they're being worked on. But I think there should be both a modded and non-modded variant. What I mean by this is a modded run of a dungeon would obviously have a mod telling the story, getting you to roll etc and have better rewards for the time and effort.

I also think there should be dungeons that are more similar to quests. Require a minimum number of people to run it and have a list of enemies/traps/whatever obstacles to work with and people can just mess around and have fun with it but still get rewarded at the end.

#8Kaito Todaro 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Thu May 19, 2022 7:35 pm

Kaito Todaro

It has been okay but the lack of content is really starting to show. Items have been gone for so long that people are scared to buy or build them in case something better or the same item they just made gets released. The magics being released are Meh at best so far.

Seem very niche and at this point seems like it isn't more than a half baked system.

It seems pretty good for the most part no real complaints.

The items and the TO magics finally being released

No not really cause of lack of content is making things drag on hard and is becoming taxing.

6. What are the top three things you guys are looking forward to coming out this season?

Events

Items

Magics

Giveaways on the discord. Events on site.

8. What kind of other opinions do you have for this site, that you think can improve the site?

People above stated it well a better staff system. Give the admins some power to move and release content for the users/players so the shop and the site doesn't feel so burden that we are vultures fighting over scraps in the shop or dying of thirst from the content drought.

9. What kind of things don’t you like on this site that has been happening since you got here?

The shop being pretty much fully emptied all at once leaving very little for the newer players to get or use since they have joined to the site for months with no real change in items and other such things being released as well as the magics that have been pretty much gone or neutered on their re-release.

People putting music on things that you can't stop on site without muting the site to look at things. Minor inconvenience.

Admins seem to have no power to do anything, everything has to run through Jyu and nothing is getting done that way, give the admins powers to do and release things.

#9Yuurei 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Thu May 19, 2022 9:40 pm

Yuurei

So when season 4 happen, I enjoyed the rewards we got for being active throughout the previous season. I felt that people shouldn't have been rewarded for just the 2-3 months that were listed, but the year's entirety. It wouldn't have been bad and it shows those who were actually rping throughout the entire year would have gotten rewarded. That is how I felt like as a new player on the site, I was not happy that people like Odin, Alisa, and Karisa basically got little to no reward because it was a rewarding process for like November to the beginning of Feb.

Okay, so I don't mind this system at all. It's nice and gives other people something to do when they reach their end goals. I don't like that this system was prioritized over the immediate things that need to be done like items and magic, but it is what it is.

I don't like and I don't understand why people need to burn their stats and mana for this system. I just feel like in a sense it should have been a requirement where if you reach 500k over the 2 mil mark you get access to certain and then when you reach another 500k you get another boon and etc.

Still, even with the burning system, I don't think mana burn should be a percentage thing. That's crazy in a sense because the more mana you have the more mana you lose, and it's not fair for those who have 40k mana to lose 8k mana vs someone who has 4000 mana to lose 800 mana.

It also hurts those who take divinitas or however you spell it because they need the exp to make it work period.

So yes, it is a good prestige system, not something we needed when the other things didn't drop, but that's fine, but I think things like burning exp should be a thing. Instead, there should prerequisites, like for example, 1,000,000 exp after 2 mil exp, a total of 800 stats, and a certain amount of mana gives you an upgrade to your race if you choose it. and then 500k exp after and so on gives you things.

I like the forge system. I wasn't really here for the old one, but my only problem with the forge system was that it lacked points. It wasn't that much, I know it just got updated with more points, but I really haven't tackled updating my gauntlet yet, which I will soon.

I really want all the magic/items that are finished and being worked on to come out already. It sucks that we know that it's coming, but it's not actually coming. It just makes us excited until we no longer care about it and we just feel annoyed and don't want to do anything on the site.

Items are necessary for people when an invasion happens. Vital shots are a thing, and if someone is caught without equipment then they are toast. Still, people don't have the equipment because there is really any to buy. The small amount that is in the shop is not enough because there are about 40+ items that are in the dev section waiting to be thrown out to the public eye.

It can be said the same thing with magic as well but on a smaller scale of number when it comes to magic that has yet to come out.

I am not satisfied with how things are going. Things are taking too long to come out. It's frustrating and it kills the mood. I am happy that we have an amazing small group of mods that make sure that the players are able to do their grinding of neutral missions and good/bad missions because without those specific people we would be screwed and this site would be going downhill.

I really want all the items to come out first, and then after that magic, and then events because rp sites need events even if they are just small events. It gives people this good feeling like hey a small event came out let me do it for the month of June for example. It doesn't always have to be something like a plot event.

1. Okay, so for the future when things aren't fully done, do not archive things. When the items and magic were taken away it kind of hurt the community because now they don't have their items, and then those who were looking forward to buying certain items and magic can't because they are now archived.

If they were archived and the updated and new items/magic came out two weeks or so after that then it would be fine and understandable. Still, things are archived and we are pushing three months or so with only a little bit of things released. We are almost at the half-year mark of 2022.

2. Events, please events. OOC you guys gave us the giveaways. Those were said to be a thing every month. It happen in March we are now in May. What happened to the month of April and May? The community is not inactive, so I don't see why that isn't happening.

Small events each month doesn't hurt. It doesn't have to be something plot-driven, but it could easily be something for example the month of May, we give people double exp for missions, June, we give people double jewels for missions, the month of July a small shop opens, and depending on how much rp posts you did in that month you can get some nice small prizes like extra stats etc.

This gives people something to do and it makes them feel like they aren't just doing the same neutral missions for the bare minimum when prices of magic and other things increased.

3. I understand Jyu that this is your baby. I get it, but you can't hold it so tightly on its neck. You have Tempris and Konyo as your admin for a reason. I figured they have those power because you trust their judgment. They feel like Global Moderators over anything.

You need to allow them to push things out themselves. You, I assume are a busy man, so I feel that you should oversee things they come out with and either tell them what you want them to update or change with the content they come out with. They shouldn't always have to wait for your final say on everything because then, just give them their real titles.

They are global mods, and you're the only admin on this site and that's what it is really.

4. My next concern is mods. I have no freaking idea who is a mod on this site. The only ones I know are Kon, Seika, Khalfani, Atani, Tempris, and Jyu. I didn't even know Lucretia left being a mod until recently.

Like I feel like we need to know who the mods are because then we can put them on blast when they aren't doing their work. Yes, I'm being brutally honest, I don't just want to go to someone when I need questions answered, but voice my opinion on who shouldn't be a staff if they aren't doing anything without a reason.

We should have a staff bar somewhere on the site. It allows us to see who the mods are without having to go on a weird mission to find the staff members.

5. The whole thing with it has to go to Jyu to be finally approved and brought out to the site. It makes things like helping out as a member in the R&D section not worth it.

For example, I wanted to create unique limited magic. I was going to make it but realized that once me and Odin fixed it up to be viable and not broken, then it has to go to the devs. Once it goes to the devs it has to go to Jyu, which already has a lot on his plate. This makes it go on a long list of things to do, and nothing ever gets done.

6. So for Neutrals, I don't think we should wait for our prior mission to get approved and graded to do the second one for the week. If people like Khalfani weren't there, then depending on the week we would be screwed. When I joined the site, and people were busy because of the holidays, you could only do like 1 neutral mission in a week.

Here is my suggestion for this:

Neutrals shouldn't have to wait. You do your 2 missions for the week and that's it. Good/Bad Mission, if no mods have checked within 48 hrs or so, the person should be able to take on another good/bad mission without waiting for their mission to be graded.

7. Mysterious Merchant, so I get it, things are to be limited, and it allows others to go for other things. Still, I feel like ratio-wise things should increase.

For example:

ILLADRIEL'S JUSTICAR EYE there are only 2 of them. I get it this is from 1 person who only has 2 eyes lol.

If there are 20 people on this site and only 2 people have it that is fine. Still, what if the site grows and now there are 40 people, I feel like the limit of eyes should increase.

But this isn't really an issue on how the MM is, but I felt wanted to bring up.

8. I shall edit my post when I think of more cuz I have a lot to say and I only been here for 5 months

#10Lucretia Wolfenstein 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Sun May 22, 2022 7:18 am

Lucretia Wolfenstein
Other than making my characters older it has had next to no impact site side for events for me.

It's like when you go to a restraunt, decide that rather than have a full course meal that you instead opt for the desert plate and have the waiter spit in your face instead. It's a system that while would have been useful if fleshed out further instead offers very little. Not to mention there are other things in the site that need desperate attention rather than a system that... well needs work?

Without really interacting with the old system too much all I can say is in fact.

Nice.

Items, events, New MM stuff, magices, literally any content that can give more options and storyline ideas.

No.

There are stuff coming out this season?

Ignoring. Because I have no clue :^]

What we desperately need is something to even out the grind and make it easier to retain new players or returning players. Not everyone can grind like poro or Yuurei can and it's kind of absurd that it takes so much effort to get just a single item for someone. The variety of items needs to improve as well because right now it's basically if you want something you just need to make it yourself.

Gonna pass on this.

#11Vyra Emrakul 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Sun May 22, 2022 8:51 pm

Vyra Emrakul

• Seasons without the greater site impact make things no different than before. Objectively, how Season 4 is right now is no different than 6 months ago in Season 3. Until there's movement in the plot - of which has been minimal, slow-moving at best, what one can enjoy is limited to what each person gets out of them.

• I personally don't like the system. Speaking as Dev, I think too much emphasis and focus was put on it, by Jyu and those who felt it important to implement. It's far too niche of an implementation that very few are going to want to engage with, and for those that feel it worth, I hope they enjoy it. But far too much time and focus was put on them instead of other things that could have gotten attention like Takeover Forms, Items, & Magics.

• Was not around for the old forge, so only will speak to the latest update. A small change to point allocation and a one time chance to remake items is nice. Forge is going to be as strong as it's allowed to be, but that is as much going to be subjected to how consistent staff is.

• Speaking for myself, only things right now that I care about is Mysterious Merchant and a Companion Forge for publicly stated reasons. Broadly, there's interest surrounding items, Magics, the new Takeover Forms. Would appreciate seeing them coming. Dungeons, the Arena, though these have been spoken of, I don't personally care much towards them.

• Yes and no. I've been able to largely enjoy what I have wanted to get out of the site presently, but it is impossible to be ignorant towards what has been happening. Activity seems to stagnate, in part due to the changing of the seasons, part of it due to a lack of content, part of it due to burnout/affect from staff which otherwise drives things down, everything effectively feeding into itself. Eventually leads to people being frustrated, which leads to complaints, which nobody actually bothers to try to improve, and just further bitch. Things are just moving too slow. Too much focus is put on new systems and functions, trying to find ways to reinvent the wheel instead of adding content that keep people more engaged. Guild Rank changes, Forge improvements, changes to Classes, they're as much quality of life changes, but time put towards them is time taken away from other things. Especially when a significant amount of existing items were removed and only a small percentage have been reintroduced or otherwise added to compensate.

• Companion Forge, Takeovers, Actual Plot.

• See Below

• I have no shortage of feelings towards this and the previous question, but putting them on an open forum will lead to nothing but problems. If you want to know my honest feedback, I can provide it privately, I will not do it here. Simply, I think the site is in bad shape, I think if it is to get better it's going to take time and effort I doubt people will be willing to put in.

#12Alisa 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Tue May 24, 2022 12:10 pm

Alisa

I like what I've seen so far, looking forward to some plot events whenever they're ready. The new skin for the site looks lovely, it's been long overdue considering the old one had been around since at least 2017.

Also long overdue as something for high level players to progress towards, so it's a step in the right direction. The costs need to be tweaked, they really shouldn't cost stats or mana, but function as an XP shop to allow players to do something with excess points. If anything, you should be allowed to choose whether to spend XP, stats or mana, or just drastically lower the costs.

Without reductions, 250 stats means 50 S-rank quests, 1 million XP is over 60 S-ranks. That's way too much. And If you're not grinding quests, this is over a year worth of progress. People shouldn't have to feel pressured to farm quests, but rather rp and make plots at their leisure.

Additionally the power level between the different races is horribly skewed, the race upgrade should serve more as an equalizer regardless of which race you feel suits your character best.

This is one of the most important features for character customization, so I'm disappointed by how limited it is. You have a concept in mind, but it turns into trial and error exercise until you find effects that work and somewhat resemble the idea you started with. I understand there's a lot more effects allowed than those listed, but every time an unexisting effect is approved, that reference should be added to the list for clarity, and keep staff from hearing the same questions from different people.

Instead of simply item creation, the forge could easily be expanded to incorporate item upgrades and reworks: This could include upgrading the rarity of your customs, and the "Item transfiguration" option from the shop as well.

You should also be able to make clones of shop items but I've heard this is already being worked on. It should additionally allow for converting weapons across different types, at least for melee weapons where the process should be simpler.

I'm mainly a social rp'er, so I care most about rp opportunities. A new major event, islands for the new settings and scenarios to write in. The burn system as well, in the same vein, though more focused on character growth as opposed to rp environment.

I like the content and mechanic upgrades that have been released so far, and I'm looking forward to many of the new features to come. Still, I'm surprised that a good number of older items haven't been released yet, this is especially noticeable when some people have those older items but nobody can actually see what they do.

Islands - This is an rp opportunity i've been looking forward to for a while.
Plot-driven events - Always welcome.
Burn system improvements - For reasons described above, i'd like to use this system at some point, it's only a question of when.

All the items that were removed between season 3 and 4. The ones changed to thematic got stuck in limbo, which is problematic. As a workaround, it could be simpler to keep the old versions in the shop temporarily.

I feel like staff is short handed when it comes to developing all the new content. Understandable as people have lives and can't be expected to dedicate every waking hour to the site. As such, releasing content gets easier when there's a clear priority, and bringing back all the missing items and materials should come first.

As for additional developments (such as arena), it might be preferrable to rely on other members outside of staff to help develop and test them so staff can focus on the major bottlenecks.

Group fight drama. I've never seen one taking place that wasn't riddled with ooc anger and negativity, which tends to sour the mood of large parts of the community. It's a headache for everyone involved and even those who aren't, and often ends with one or more members leaving as a result. A good part of my gripe with Guild Raids is how it breeds this kind of pvp, aggravated by how one, if not both sides are effectively being forced into it. I've heard possible rulings about forcing group fights to be split into smaller threads, this is a great idea that should be implemented asap.

Sheet | Relationship Plotter | GFX
Fortune Wheel | Victory Road | Dice Game

"Would you like a glimpse of real beauty, Guest?"

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic CyhFjWA

Main theme ~ Serious Fight!
#13Sofia 

The Unofficial Feedback Questions Topic Empty Tue May 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Sofia

Sofia became a mom, I guess that's nice? Otherwise business as usual.

I don't really know what that is...?

Having been 'burned' by the last version, I think this is a welcome improvement.

Probably doing more plots with Alisa I guess?

I can't say I'm thrilled with the Guild Raid thang.
    I happily do my own stuff, but now this feels like pressure to hang around, make sure you're available so people can flex? Great for people who like that, I hate it.

Zane?

Xun, I guess? I've heard so many stories, I wanna know how the man lives up to the myth.

I dunno, add a 'Your story' mode? I don't really care all that much for wider plots or PVP (wait for the outcry of people going "OH BUT I CONSIDER THIS A PVP SITE!!!! RAAAAAGE!!!!"), so I dunno, some option to not engage with that and not let it impact me or my friends would be just gr8 m8

Cliques forming and staff bias I guess?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum