Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Khnurn 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:10 am

Khnurn
The day had finally come.

Seika had mentally prepared for the day when he would begin to gather those he considered close enough to him form him to actually bring them into his world as well as those who were strong enough to not die with the knowledge in hand. All of the hard work and labor was going to finally bare fruit. He held in his hand several dossiers of potential individuals who could definitely be part of his project. He wasn't sure if all of them would actually go for the project, but there was hope that they would at least hear him out.

Looking at the file at the top of the list beside his beloved's photo was one that he was almost certain he could pull.

Sho Shimura. Code name? Ghost Face.

The boy had essentially returned from the dead and had fallen in step like he never left for the past two years. It was a miracle all things considered that everything seemed to have fallen into place after the boy had woken up. Things had progressed relatively smoothly...

Seika would stop in his musings to knock on the wood of his desk. The action looked out of place considering he was the only one there and these were his thoughts, but better safe than sorry he presumed.

...And everything was moving along according to schedule. He had Hitomi had returned to Fiore only to stumble across some minor cult activity in Astera before proceeding directly to Oak. Their initial goal had been to ascertain what was going on beneath the city and uncover the plot that seemed to be brewing there, but there was a small matter to deal with first before they could truly begin their explorations.

Looking up at his clock, he noticed that it was half past nine in the evening. He had requested Sho to come to his office to finally discuss with the boy about a personal project that he was beginning. Most of the Knights in his personal regiment had agreed to join in so it was merely Sho and Jove who were left in that status of being unknown. Crossing his arms, he thought of a good way to actually test the boy and determined that a small exploration of the Catacombs underneath the chapel was due. There was still much preparation to do and understanding his underlings capabilities beyond his ability to complete missions was paramount. He wouldn't let the boy take the lead this time, no, but he was definitely going to test him.

432/2000

#2Sho 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:39 am

Sho

Sho’s eyes cracked open ever so slightly as the alarm danced across the desk making a loud obnoxious noise. It was almost time at 830 at night to get ready. He was back in the barracks for a limited time. He kept a straight face despite the fact he could easily stay outside or in an inn in town. But there was an official Rune Knight business he needed to attend to so he had to be extra punctual for this task. Thankfully he had enough pull to not have to attend morning physical training not to mention he was evolving past that. At least that's how he felt in the grand scheme of things. He sat up in his bunk making sure to not hit his head on the bed frame that was above him. He usually slept on the bottom bunk bed as a preference. No real reason why he just always chose to sleep on the bottom out of his own will. Maybe because he didn’t want to deal with the hassle of climbing up and down in the middle of the night when he needed to pee. There was a bit of laziness that influenced his ways in certain things. This was one of those things.

He ran his hands through his hair, trying to make sure he was awake all the way. The barracks were empty for the most part, it was roughly eight forty-five on the clock at night, so he had fifteen minutes to get ready. He hurried to the bathroom to complete his routine of getting ready for the day. Except he was getting ready for a night op. He did stare at the markings on his forehead for a bit thinking about what purpose they served besides cosmetics. He hoped they did more than just be an eyesore for his head. Regardless he finished his routine and grabbed his gear. He didn’t know what was in store for the day and just made sure to bring all of his gear. His armor, weapon, and helmet. He didn’t put his helmet on just yet he attached it to the back of his pants. It was a nice day out so there was no need for winter wear or warm clothes. He did wear his standard-issue brown vest over his armor though. It had his emblem in the front right pocket just in case he needed to flash some ID. It was almost nine on the clock and he hurried through the halls to Seika’s office. Making sure not to bump anyone as they were on their way into the barracks.

He stopped in front of the office and made sure his clothes and stuff were up to military regs. He knocked on the door and opened it. He saw Seika already sitting there looking over some files. He couldn’t really make out what exactly was on the paper but he knew it wasn’t his business nor place. So he kept his eyes focused on his Captain. “You wanted to see me this evening Captain?”

528/2000

Last edited by Sho on Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fix time of day)

#3Khnurn 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:31 pm

Khnurn
Sharp golden eyes turned up to their favored subordinate as the handle turned and the young man stepped through the threshold. Seika gave Sho a grin as he stepped through, physically beckoning him in with a wave of the arm. "Sho! A little late but prompt as always." The excitement was audible in Seika's voice. It had been a short while since he had been excited about something. He was almost bouncing in his seat, of course that equaled to just a grin being on his face, something that Sho could definitely tell was new from their many interactions. Looking down at the folder that he was just studying, he would pick it up before waving it in front of the young lad.

"What I have here is your current file that the other Captains and Seated Knights have been observed on you since your return. Of course my own personal views are also within here but I must say, well done lad on your return. You certainly know how to hit the ground running." He'd motion for Sho to come forward so he could hand the boy his file. It wasn't necessarily private though most Knights didn't get access to their Dossier until Captain at the very least. Seika however didn't mind sharing information on people, especially when they were the topic of discussion. Hopefully this conversation would go smoothly so that they could proceed to the next step.

683/2000

#4Sho 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:03 pm

Sho

Seika seemed like he had a pep in his step a bit more chipper than the strong silent type he was used to. Except for that time overseas with Shiciro where they all got drunk. Sho just wasn’t used to seeing this side of the captain, maybe he was finally rubbing off on him. It made him smile at the thought. He walked in and closed the door behind him. “Yeah sorry about not being used to operating at night. But we can make do with what we got." Sho was more interested in why Seika seemed so happy about something so he listened very closely. Seika pulled up Sho’s file that seemed a bit on the thick side as it annotated everything he had done up to this point even the coma testing they did. He was unaware of such a file but it made sense considering they were the Rune Knights. It wasn’t unnatural for them to keep tabs on everyone in the service. Hearing Seika is glad about Sho’s actions since his return was pretty exciting, to say the least. It was clearly all building up to something, but the question on Sho’s mind was too what exactly.

Sho stepped forward and picked the file from Seika’s hands. He thumbed through it quickly, skimming everything that had been written about him. “Wow, they really do keep tabs of everything on us. Except they forgot I traveled out of the country to Harrogath, Iceberg. I met someone quite stunning actually. We even sparred a bit she was strong. Regardless of that you clearly have something more to tell and show me so what is it I am bursting with expectation!”

822 | 2000

#5Khnurn 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:53 pm

Khnurn
Seika watched Sho take the manila folder before sliding back in his seat and observing the young man leaf through what was essentially almost everything the Rune Knights had on him. It was a relatively extensive file all things considered. Of course there were a few things missing here and there, the Rune Knights weren't going to document random travels and family visits, but everything else was free game. All of that to say, Seika had a solid idea that he had a firm grasp on Sho as a person. The lad was good almost to a fault, a generally happy person and seemed to genuinely care for the people he was tasked to watch over. It was a collection of traits that Seika could say was missing from the Rune Knights for awhile now. Even he himself eventually began to see the people of Fiore as less than or below him at times, but not Sho. It was a level of purity that he could admire.

That was all to say, Seika definitely wanted him for his project. With the group of individuals he had planned to work with, Seika needed that level of overwhelming optimism and positivity if they were to succeed at goals that were literally beyond man's comprehension. Shifting his seated position forward, Seika clasped his hands together and let his smile fall just a bit. "But of course. I'm going to cut to the chase as I've never been for the roundabout. I'm leaving the Rune Knights Sho. This organization... is tainted. Not in so much that is evil, but rather it's goals and purpose have been changed in ways that make it almost impossible for us to actually perform our duties. We've been handicapped Sho. And without the proper leadership to change it, it's only going to get worse. So to jump ahead of that, I'm leaving with my crew of Knights to form our own guild."

He paused for a second to let his words sink in and to give Sho the time to ask any questions he may feel necessary. It was prudent that the young lad understood completely what the end goal was.

1054/2000

#6Sho 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Sho

“You know that's what I respect most about you Capt’n never one to beat around the bush. But I digress whatttt?” Sho let his words trail on for a bit as he opened the door poked his head out and made sure no one was around or listening. He came back end ending his trail of thought out loud he shut the door and pressed his back against it. He let out a huge sigh of relief. He got real close to Seika’s desk and leaned in making his hair bang fall in front of his face. He pulled it back out of his face and stood back up. He spoke in a hushed tone so as to not make a big ruckus even though he wanted to scream. “Captain you sure about this if you are sure about this all I gotta say is…take me with you.”

Sho paused for a moment to let that sink into Seika’s head. This was the moment he had been waiting for; his heart was singing with joy. Sho had been doubting the Rune Knights for a while now since he got out of his coma. He wasn’t too sure about everything and how things were being handled for the most part. He was looking for a reason to leave in reality he didn’t have the guts to step out on his own leaving Jove and Seika behind. Though Seika gave him an out even though he was leaving Jove, Sho knew he would be alright.

“It’s just that things have been weird since I got out of the coma. I thought I was having a mid-life crisis or something but in reality the Rune Knights have not been the most ideal way of life for me. Sure its structure but at what cost?  No real change has been made since I got in or since I was gone for two years. Nothing and that bugs the hell out of me. I want to do more, I want to get stronger and the Rune Knights ain’t it.”

Sho let out another sigh, “Regardless if you don’t take me with you I am gonna follow you and bug you anyways so you are stuck with me. So how about it, let's take this show on the road.”

1229 | 2000

Last edited by Sho on Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

#7Khnurn 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:54 am

Khnurn
That second seemed to stretch as Sho visibly and audibly reacted to the news that Seika had given him. The young man's body language at first seemed relatively apprehensive, as if he were worried about the subject matter at hand, but as he realized that the coast was clear, and that Seika wasn't bullshitting him, the excitement was also palpable. The young man's energetic call to action spurred Seika on and let him with a smile on his face. It also helped him save a bunch of words that he no longer had to say. Honestly it couldn't have been more perfect if it was actually scripted.

"Well then! he chuckled in reply, "I didn't expect you to feel so strongly about this, but don't worry I won't leave you behind. In fact, I had planned on this whole speech to convince you to come with me but now that I don't need it..."

Seika would push himself back from his desk, his chair squealing against the floor as he did so. He'd rise to his full height, standing alongside his subordinate before nodding, "Let's take a walk shall we? There's something I want you to see." With that he would head around his desk and walk out the door, leaving it open for Sho to follow. It was time to move on to the aptitude part of this meeting.

1304/2000

#8Sho 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:54 pm

Sho

Sho smiled as Seika replied. He was caught completely off guard by Sho’s eagerness to leave the Rune Knights so abruptly. Truth be told Sho had been planning this for some time now he was just looking for an excuse to leave. Now that he had one he dived completely into the idea of going with Seika without hesitation. He knew it wasn’t going to be an easy road from here on out. Sho had a good feeling though, he knew Seika would do right by him and others. So this wasn’t just a normal leap of faith for Sho. “Ya, no need for speeches just need ya to point me in the right direction captain.”

Sho watched as Seika pushed back on his desk pushing himself backward on his squeaky chair. Seika motioned for them to take a walk because there was something to see. Sho nodded and followed Seika out the door and he closed it behind him. It was time to see what exactly Seika wanted Sho too see.

1404 | 2000

#9Khnurn 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:54 pm

Khnurn
The walk to the Church had been relatively uneventful. Seika had made sure to fill Sho in on the details of their departure as well as where they would be meeting once they would leave Oak in a few weeks. The menacing shadows of the Church seemed to stretch over the two as they walked through the front gates of the Church of Illumin. Seika would turn to head around the building as soon as they entered, already familiar with the catacombs underneath the illustrious building and knowing that this process was definitely going to take quite a bit of time if they went inside to talk to the heretical Bishop. He would stop just before the impromptu entrance that everyone used, the barred doors still keeping them from using the main entrance, before turning to Sho and finally explaining what they were doing here and why they were doing it.

"We're here to examine the catacombs and see if we can find any evidence of Cultist activity down here. If we do, we'll stamp out what we can and come back later with back up. If we don't? Then the town is safe for a bit longer." With his relatively simple instructions conveyed, the large man would approach the innocuous hole in the ground before jumping down into it and disappearing into the darkness.

1535/2000

#10Sho 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:25 am

Sho

Sho followed Seika through the dark streets of Oak. It was relatively quiet for being Oak. Usually, the town came alive at night due to its dark background. It wasn’t long before they stood before the Church of Illumin. Sho wasn’t one to believe in a higher power but he knew there was something out there that created all that they stood on. Sho followed Seika into the building stopping before the entrance to the catacombs. Seika turned to him to talk about what exactly they were doing here this night. The two were here to snuff out any possible cultist activity. They were to clean out as much as they could and come back later with more backup. Seika then jumped into the hole and disappeared into the darkness.

Sho waited a moment, looking down the dark hole, listening for Seika to land first. He wanted to make sure he didn’t land on his captain. After a few moments passed Sho said nothing and jumped in. The tunnel led down a few meters before an abrupt stop. Sho landed crouching down to help with some of the shocks on his knees. He stood back up, still dark in the catacombs. Sho pulled out his saber and flicked it to life. A sound of electricity could be heard followed by a humming noise as the saber spun to life. The saber created a blue light to help the two see in the dark. Sho said nothing as to not alert anything in the possible vicinity of where they just landed. He turned to Seika and spoke in a hushed tone. “Where too now?”

1683 | 2000

#11Khnurn 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:17 am

Khnurn
The darkness greeted Seika like an old friend at this point. The Oakland Church catacombs had been a vile location to be in even before he had taken up the mantle to stop the many cults that caused locations such as these to be so dangerous. Seika held up a single hand and squeezed it firm before releasing it to reveal a small orb of light that illuminated the passage to both him and Sho. The light provided a tiny bit of information to the two, showing off the high arching ceilings and damp tunnel work that stretched on for days. There was a dank, damp stench to everything, not necessarily funky or disgusting, but rather musty and old. Everything seemed uniform in the way it was placed. Arches stretched the same amount of distance in a particular distance before terminating and repeating the process. Everything was immaculately crafted to display a level of practicality that should befit a church of its stature.

The light would also provide a beacon to the many denizens underneath the chapel, their many amorphous forms gathering and traversing towards the illuminated Knight. Seika frowned at the sight of the many spiritual beings, their presence was known, yet unwelcomed at the very moment. They were the normal denizens of the catacombs, these weren't the ones he was looking for.

Allowing the orb to float up above himself, Seika would snap his fingers conjuring another orb into his hands, this time made of flames and heat. This orb actually managed to glow brighter than the original orb, casting everything behind Seika into shadows. By then, Sho would have likely landed, only to be greeted with the sight of Seika essentially burning away all of the spiritual presences that had been approaching their position. A hideous long form wail would fill the hallways as the many spiritual forms disappeared into black acrid smoke that was swiftly blown down the hallway and away from them. A frown covering Seika's face the entire time as he turned away from the spectacle to move in the opposite direction of his work.

"Come, there's much to catch you up on, but this is what I wanted to show you."

He would gesture for Sho to follow him as walked down the catacombs, ignoring the fading wailing that moved in the direction of the town as he entered a large cavernous area that seemed to extend for a rather far distance away from where the two would enter. The space was clearly far larger than what should have existed under the city. There were various sounds of construction and movement as many indescribable figures moved about carrying out their individual tasks in what seemed like a series of unending sets of preparation.

Seika would let the dim burning sight set in for Sho, the cavernous society not even paying attention to their existence as they continued their work unimpeded. Seika knew not to jump in and disturb them, only because it wouldn't matter. These were all drones. No, the one he wanted was much, much further down.

"This is only the beginning. You wanted to make a difference, well these are the things that create the real bumps in the night. Creatures of unfathomable incomprehension. Their existence in our plane of existence is an affront to everything that you and me would consider normal and safe in this world. What you see below aren't simple work bees, or soldier ants. Those are eldritch creations working to create an underground safe haven for their queen. Once they're done, they'll move upwards. I don't think I need to explain to you what will happen when they do that.

We're the only thing that stands between that outcome and the people above. Whether they be law abiding citizen or criminal scum, it won't matter. It will all be killed, converted and consumed. And then they will spread like locusts. And this is only one of many threats to our world. The Council and the King think I am crazy to chase after these creatures because of the result of the Incursion and the deal made with the Demons and Angels. But these beings don't belong to those of the celestial plane. No, they serve a more insidious master, something so vast and incomprehensible that to them, these things are mere flakes of skin, pieces of dandruff. But that doesn't mean it doesn't want to destroy us, no, it wants to destroy everything, for that is its very nature. It isn't 'evil' per say, it doesn't have maniacal plans and us destroying its agents doesn't mean it'll all of a sudden swear vengeance on us. No, it just is.

You wanted to know who our true enemy is, well...
"

With a wave of his hand, the inky burning sight before them began to waver and distort, as small dots began to slide into view, replacing the many miniscule figures from before. However as it did so, the view began to expand and push back farther and farther. Soon it became apparent that these dots weren't just lights, no, they were something much more vast. They were individual stars, galaxies, clusters. The universe, or rather the veil that used the universe as a canvas and a shield for reality was revealed to the both of them, before a inky shadowy figure appeared from behind said veil. It's tendrils extending across many of the groups that made up the Virgo supercluster as individual lines raked against existence itself. In that one moment, the veil rippled and from that ripple, voids were born and expanded, swallowing any light that may have been in the direct line of those lines.

The figure seemed to finally notice them from where it was, it's tendrils reaching back as Seika slammed his hands together and twisted them into many different form and glyphs before pushing them outwards, unleashing a wave of light that returned the veil back to the immaterial plane where it once was, and out of sight of the two humans. Sweat coalesced upon his brow as he stared at where the Aspect of Destruction had noticed them. He had played it far too close there.

"Now you know the truth. Any questions?"

[Exit]

WC Met, Bonus objective achieved.

#12Sho 

The First Step [What Lies Beneath|A|Sho] Empty Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:06 am

Sho

Sho looked around for a moment using his saber as a means of light before Seika activated a spell, lighting up the area much more. The smell of old wafted over Sho making him cough ever so slightly. He followed close behind Seika, weapon in tow ready for anything that may come their way. Seika spoke then gestured for Sho to follow more closely as the two proceeded down into chaos. Sho could feel something scratching at his neck, but when he reached there was nothing there. That was unsettling to Sho, he carefully proceeded behind Seika making his way deeper into the catacombs. Seika cast yet another spell this time it was pure heat, so hot Sho could feel it from behind Seika. It was a welcome feeling in the cold damp catacombs. Spirits fled from the light and heat as it was produced. This was clearly not what Sho needed to see. There was something much much more sinister ahead of him. There was a sound of fading wailing as The two proceeded forward.

Seika finally spoke up and explained why they were here and what he wanted to Show Sho. He always knew there was something more than went bump in the night. Things of unfathomable power and hatred are hidden from the naked eye. Sho nodded as Seika went on about what they were dealing with. It did send a shiver down his spine to know that he was one of the few things standing between life and total annihilation. No one would be safe from this evil if they had to do something to stop such actions from happening. Seika waved his hand causing the area in front to begin to waver and distort, small dots sprang to life. They began to expand causing the area to spring to life with light, as it pushed back the darkness revealing the truth hidden in the darkness. As the veil was pulled back voids revealed themselves swallowing what little light they had, a figure off in the distance had to turn around. It had noticed them and began to make its move. Sho held his weapon tightly ready to strike at the figure should it make its move at that very moment. Sho was holding his breath as a bead of sweat rolled down his forehead onto his face. There was this immense feeling of dread and hatred flowing from the voids into the area making the area thick with it.

Seika slammed his hands together making a meaty sound. Glyphs appeared and pushed the darkness back even more before unleashing a wave of light that returned the veil back to the immaterial plane where it was. It returned back to normal, Sho let out the breath he was holding the whole time.

“Nope, looks like we will have to get stronger to deal with more than just mages.”

[Exit]

WC MET, Bonus Objective achieved

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum