Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Mine is Mine Pt. 5 [Solo Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Haru Akagi 

What's Mine is Mine Pt. 5 [Solo Quest] Empty Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:01 am

Haru Akagi
It hadn't been that long since the North of Fiore had been under attack by giant monsters, that Paradise Dawn now called Titans, like those of stories of old. There was still very little known about their sudden appearance, where they had come from and why they had suddenly attacked. Investigations continuously came up short and since their bodies seemed to just disintegrate upon death, they couldn't get any solid information from them after they'd wiped them out either.

Rush Valley had been a major township that had been struck and was still very much in the recovery stages of the whole ordeal. Fortunately for Haru, the man she'd been working with in regards to her mining work was still very much alive, meaning she still had a contract and work she could perform. It had been one of her own personal worries upon the fighting finally coming to a close within the region.

(154)

#2Haru Akagi 

What's Mine is Mine Pt. 5 [Solo Quest] Empty Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:02 am

Haru Akagi
Upon finding her benefactor, she did learn that there had been some minor changes to her contract. Given the current state of things, her benefactor had teamed up alongside some of their competitors with the goal to raise funds to help restore the township back to its former glory. A temporary truce they were calling it, so at the very least miners entering the mine didn't have to fear others within and could get to work without having to fight over territory or minerals, at least until things returned to 'normal'. Given this, the ranger had had no qualms with aiding them, offering her services with only the regular hazard payments, rather than taking her full share.

As much as she loved money and the idea of expanding her wallet, jewels and wealth weren't the only kinds of power in this world. This was an opportunity to increase her popularity amongst the commoners of Rush Valley as well. Many within the township knew of her face by now, she was a regular visitor and part of a new, but already positively reputable guild. Unfortunately, due to her general standoffish demeanour, many found it difficult to approach her unless she was to do so first.

(204 | 358)

#3Haru Akagi 

What's Mine is Mine Pt. 5 [Solo Quest] Empty Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:02 am

Haru Akagi
Helping the township out by bringing in some income for aiding them, would definitely help build up her reputation amongst the common folk a little bit. Or at least she hoped as the ranger stepped forth into the dark mines she was growing ever so used to over her time working for her client. It felt a little different to all the other times, there was no bickering or screams from any of the tunnels, but rather fellow miners chatting and laughing happily amongst each other were the only non-natural sounds that echoed through the shafts.

Haru couldn't help but smile, at least she wouldn't have to fear people attempting to trap her down here for the next month or so. Perhaps people would continue to be friendly with one another once things returned to usual as well, or so she hoped. There was plenty of minerals and money to be made down here without the need to fight one another.

(161 | 519)

#4Haru Akagi 

What's Mine is Mine Pt. 5 [Solo Quest] Empty Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:03 am

Haru Akagi
Making her way deeper into the mountain the silver maned feline found herself having to duck here and there, as she returned back to a location she recalled from when she had met an interesting fellow and his exceed companion. Below the demi-human was a steep slide-like drop down to the tunnels he had carved out with his magic while training incredibly destructive magic. Staring down into the tunnel, she prepared her spelunking gear, so she could climb back up.

Part of her had been wondering recently if perhaps the giant monsters that had appeared in the mountains initially had come from a place like that. Given they had discovered a giant tortoise-like creature down here only days before the attack. Perhaps they had unintentionally released the titans when he had entered that magic circle. She needed to investigate further. Plus there were the shiny gemstones down here and she wanted to make a note of their exact location so they could be mined out.

(165 | 684)

#5Haru Akagi 

What's Mine is Mine Pt. 5 [Solo Quest] Empty Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:04 am

Haru Akagi
She had forgotten just how many walls and caverns Kaito had created down here, the perfectly disintegrated walls, leaving not even a spec of dust to fall to the ground after. Completely and utterly destroyed. As she made her way down the path this time she spent the time to mark down notes of tunnels that lead elsewhere, possibly created by the mineral munching moles that she knew lived deep down here. Pests that ate what she was in search of.

The ranger drew one of her guns in her free hand, holding her lantern in her other as she tread carefully down the tunnels, shooting the small moles she found and following their trail until she eventually found their 'food source' aka the minerals she had been searching for. Holstering her gun and placing the lantern on the ground, she'd draw out her notebook and pen, scribbling down notes of how to reach this location before testing the ground around the area to see how pure the metals and gemstones in the area were, jotting down the details as she discovered them.

(183 | 867)

#6Haru Akagi 

What's Mine is Mine Pt. 5 [Solo Quest] Empty Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:04 am

Haru Akagi
This was definitely a good spot, she'd nod to herself, happy with this little discovery. However, it would take some time before they could properly extract these minerals. It was quite a distance into the mountain itself and if they took too long, the moles she hadn't managed to find and disposed of may return and gobble them up before they had a chance to collect them. Taking out a small jar from her backpack, she'd smear some of the contents onto the wall, a mixture that was known to deter the little rodents from returning to the scene.

It was often used to avoid them or keep them at bay, away from the goods. It wouldn't last forever, but the temporary measure would be enough to give her client a week to send down proper minors to extract the minerals she found. With a nod to herself, she'd gather back up all her spelunking and mining gear and begin to head back the way she came to go delve down a different path.

(174 | 1041)
[EXIT]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum