Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Mishiko 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:29 pm

Mishiko

Her eyes gazed at the letter that was made of old paper. The ink felt fresh though as her fingers glided against it. She knew bamboo from anywhere as she wrote a lot when she was younger. Something felt like it was pulling her towards this location as she slowly walked towards the ropes that gated the Temple. Her eyes of dark-gold looked up at the Temple as she was to wait for a person.

Who will be cursed to be with me?

To be by my side?

All she had was her strength and hoped that whoever was going with her had some kind of ability to fight against whatever it may be. As the moon was rising she took a deep breath as she was afraid to turn away from the Temple itself. The story of how the woman was defiled and ruined due to a man's thirst and Sin, yet was punished. Will men always be these horrible people that ruin the lives of women? The Joyan men were Sinful and treated women like trophies, dolls and reusable pleasure pieces. She could imagine music being played by the biwa and shamisen in a duet. Many played those in front of these shrines as a Priestess will dance a spiritual sending and offering. Sometimes the tsuzumi is played with to make the dramatic sounds to it. She wore her kimono of a scarlet purple with a sash of white. Her hair was let down and wore a necklace of none other than a snake of white.

#2Jin Tatsumi 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:16 pm

Jin Tatsumi
Jin brushed by the low-hanging tree limbs. A letter poked out of his tunic with the words, 'temple' scribbled on it. He pushed the letter back down into his pocket carefully. "It's always somewhere out of the way isn't it," He mumbled and stepped over a large stone that lead back onto a clearer path toward the abandoned temple. The pain that was written in the letter brought the mage here to help heal this place.

The leaves rustled and he darted his attention towards it. Something pearl white vanished within the deep green foliage. His heart raced, "Alright. Stay focused," he reassured himself and stepped towards the entrance. A woman stood waiting at the gate. The paladin looked back at the path, wondering if that strange thing in the grass was still there, but all was silent now. He couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.

He bopped his head up closer, "Oh hey," he said remembering her from the guild meeting. "Looks like it's me and you on this one. Glad it's someone that I've met before. If nothing else, to know that you aren't a demon in disguise," he remarked about the beings that may inhabit this place. The bag of potions on his shoulder slid down at the front step of the temple. His hands rested on his hips. "Alright...so uh...I guess I'll go in first when you're ready," He replied with his back to the temple, so he could face her, as he stepped backward over the threshold. His boot hit the inside of the temple and a shiver went through his spine. His shoulders tensed as he smiled at the woman and turned around, to try and hide the brief moment of fear.

Wc 240

#3Mishiko 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:32 am

Mishiko

The woman was unsure if she should just go ahead and go in or wait longer for her partner. Out of nowhere she heard some rustling as if some wild animal was approaching. Swiftly, she turned around as she heard someone talk. Her eyes met up with a man's sharp blue eyes and noticed it was Jin. She only knew him from the events they have been through, but perhaps she will know him even more than the other two nights at Oak. "It is, I'm just glad I'm not alone in this. " she spoke, 'It's not like I wanted it to be you or anything, ', she thought and gazed away while turning her back at him.

She realized he started to go towards the Temple, making her turn again so she was looking at the Temple. Swiftly, she caught up "W-wait!", she calmly spoke as she didn't want to be alone. As they went inside, she realized how musky the place was. The stones were covered in moss and cracks as the floor had some nature growing out of it. Pillars of red and rustic gold had drapes of ruined and torn red. The floor was black stone with thin red carpets that were obviously also dusty and old spreading across the long room. Up ahead her eyes saw a urn as it had snakes surrounding it. They must be at least seven meters from it. Each side there were rooms to go in, "Which way should we go?", she looked up to Jin as they stood next to each other for the moment.

#4Jin Tatsumi 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:10 pm

Jin Tatsumi
The paladin waved right as the woman turned her back to him. he gave a small grin. 'Glad you're not alone but then turn your back to me,' he thought to himself. Not offended but more interested. He brushed by her and as he passed, "Well I hope I can be good company then," he said while taking a quick glance at her. He had enjoyed their past time together and was comfortable having her around.

He heard her calm call and slowed his walk as he passed the threshold into the temple. "Of course. i'd never leave a lady behind," he joked but was glad she hurried over, as the place gave him the chills. He rubbed his arms for warmth.

Careful steps carried the mage deeper in, and around the nature that grew through the cracks. The torn red cloth was rough to the touch and nearly crumbled in his hands. Rocks and pebbles shifted in the pillars above.

"Eek," he held his hands up upon seeing the urn and shook his arms trying to shake off the creeping feeling from seeing the snakes. "Of course." Quiila stood next to him now and he gazed back at her, pausing for a moment to see in her eyes. He rose a hand to her shoulder and knocked away some of the falling dust that had fallen.

"Let's start left. Anywhere away from the snakes," he turned and placed a hand on the first door, easing the monumental door open. It creaked as more dust fell downward. The mage slunk inside the large room. A set of stairs spiraled downward at the other end of the room. With this room were statues of good health. "Looks like it goes...AH!" He shouted as an eight-foot snake dropped from the ceiling. Jin rolled out of the way and onto an unstable place on the floor. The ground collapsed beneath his weight and he began to fall to the pits below.

Wc 300

Last edited by Jin Tatsumi on Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5Mishiko 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:23 pm

Mishiko

For the moment, there was complete silence other than the crumbling stone and earth above and below them. They stood side by side as they walked together through this haunted place. His jokes went through her ears as they were the jokes she did not understand. They came to a stop suddenly as they were close enough to the urn to get some weird feeling. The feeling was as if someone or something was watching them. He seemed to be afraid of snakes or at least uncomfortable. Suddenly, a touch on her shoulder surprised her, "O-oh!" she spoke softly and watched him touch her shoulder. A sudden touch gave some shock, but she was unsure what it was about. Her chest just felt funny, and she moved on. Next, it was time to go into a room, specifically the left room. Each step created a creak as they spiraled down. Once they got to the end, they ended up in a room.

Hiss~

The snake hissed as it swiftly slithered up to its' full height. Her eyes ignored the snake as she saw Jin roll out of the way as the snake was now in front of her. Jin was on her side view, which was falling into a pit. Before he could go too far, she pulled out her katana and ran the hole. Quickly, she slammed it into the ground to give her leverage and caught him by leaning over with her full height. Thanks to her strength, she could pull him up...

"I... I got you," she spoke as her eyes winced in pain and her breath quickened. She knew what was happening as she was then suddenly being tailed by the giant snake. Instead of not, it was intentional, the snake's pull helped her pull Jin out of the pothole, but in exchange, she was lifted with her sword in her hand. She did not fear it as it started to coil around her body, not paying any mind to Jin. Her eyes were closing faintly as she let her body seem lifeless.

She had to move her arms to slice the snake where it was coiling her. She cut the eight-foot snake in half with the head still intact with all her strength. Slowly the coiling let her go and landed on her knees and hands, letting her sword rest against the cold ground. Taking a few pauses, she looked into Jin's eyes, rather he was standing or on the floor from being pulled up, "Heh... I'm... glad you're okay," she speaks as her eyes flutter. She didn't notice yet, but the snake bit her before its' final breath. From her war experience, she had pain tolerance.

"Anyway, look inside the pit to see if anything is inside?", she questioned slowly, still catching her breath.

#6Jin Tatsumi 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:26 pm

Jin Tatsumi
"Crap crap crap..." he fumbled through his words as he was falling deeper into the pit until a glint of steel reflected from the dim light of the temple. A katana pierced the side of the floor and white hair swept over the darkness. Her hand reached out to him. The light mage grasped the helping hand and felt a sensation of warmth as their hands touched. She nearly heaved the man out of the pit, with monstrous strength. He landed on the ground and rolled to get to his feet.

"Thank..." his words were interrupted by the sight of the mammoth snake lifting her in the air. Before the wind mage could act, she was already brandishing her sword. The snake's head lopped off and crashed next to Jin. He slowly turned his head wide-eyed at the dead snake.

Quilla's sword clanged against the ground and then her body followed. Jin picked the katana up as she spoke, knelt down by her, and held it until she was ready to take it. "Thanks. That would have been a nasty fall." he tilted his head to see the bite mark and the indentation of the giant fangs that tore her skin. "Speaking of a nasty attack," he laid a hand over her wound without a second thought.

A light glow came from his palm. It was a dim yellow and washed over the wound, healing it and restoring it back to the way it should be. "Good as new," He said and let his hand slide free. "I'm not much in combat. But I can make sure nothing will keep you hurt." He stood up to let her catch her breath and peered over the side of the pit.

"Not good," he shook his head and tightened his coat, and pulled up his collar high to protect his neck. "Eggs...lots of them. And shredded skin....even bigger than that one," he looked back and casts his little D-rank spell that created a small globe of light that bobbed over his shoulder and shed light on the nearby area. He helped her up if she wanted.

"So...Think we should, uh... go down there?" He spoke more worried than brave.

WC 380

#7Mishiko 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:46 pm

Mishiko

"Heh, it was..." she lightly spoke from the pain she had to endure. It didn't take long for him to come to heal her with the light touch. She was getting caught in the moment as she then got up. She saw him shake his head as he lit up the area with his magic. Her eyes widened in shock and then went back to a deadpan gaze as she saw all the eggs around them. "Al-alright, she stood close beside him worryingly as she didn't want him to get hurt, even if he is a healer. She made sure to get her sword though and attach it to her side before moving on.

Her eyes gazed down at the place where they were with the pit. He wondered if they should go or not, "Where... else will we go? I'm sure there's a way out or at least of this room down there," she assumed as she went first. "I will go first," she looked at Jin as she was taller than him, surprisingly. For now, at least.

Without letting him say much, she used her sword to ensure she would not fall. The vines of old agriculture were there to climb down as this place was here for Centuries. She'd check to see if Jin was coming or not, and if not, she would go alone; if so, she would wait for him to get closer in the sense of where they can see each other.

#8Jin Tatsumi 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:03 pm

Jin Tatsumi
Her presence next to him caused his shoulders to lose their tension. She made him feel safer when she was around. She had already proven herself to be a fierce combatant. The woman gazed down into the pit and spoke as if that was the only route, but she forgot about the cowards way out. "Well ya know...we could just turn back. have a nice meal in town. Maybe catch a show," he said, not wanting to deal with snakes falling on him once more.

"Alright...right behind you," he said happily, trying to hide the gulp of fear. He was not too terrified but as a man that spoke the tenants of relaxation...this was a far stray from that.

Jin reached down and took hold of the vines to begin his descent along with her. He scrambled over to a side so that if he fell it wouldn't be on her. The vines wrapped around his hands, still moist from the dampness of the cave. A warm waft of air covered the pit. A perfect breeding ground for snakes dwelling in the darkness. The little orb of light bobbed alongside his shoulder as he climbed further and further down. A shadow cast alongside the wall and a chill ran up the mage's spine. The shadow cast over once more. Jin repositioned his floating light. The side of the cave wall was white...and...MOVING. Jin began to turn but a giant eye opened up on the far side. A white snake was coiled around the sides of the cave wall and had sights set on Quilla

She was still climbing and he needed to get her time. She would never approve of him being too reckless, so he only had one option. "AGHH," Jin yelled and 'Accidentally cast a bright light as he pushed off the wall making it look like a fall. The snake turned its attention to the falling beacon and snapped forward. Jin was snatched in the monster's mouth. His arms struggled to keep its mouth from shutting.

"Waaahhh," he yelled as the snake thrashed back and forth against the walls, trying to jostle Jin lose.

WC 360
Total 1280

Last edited by Jin Tatsumi on Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#9Mishiko 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:08 pm

Mishiko

She looked back at him once more before going down. The fact that he offered a meal and some time with her made her blush lightly. Her cheeks could not be seen due to the shade of light and her hair. Her fingers clenched onto the plant vines as she wanted to ensure she did not fall. Quilla wondered what he was thinking about now as they were both going down. What was down here for it to be hidden like so? Usually, things that hid deep within places had bodies or some loot, possibly something that is not supposed to be here.

She felt warm as she remembered his healing; the touch of light against Earth usually did nothing much metaphor speaking. These vines were making her hands rough as her smooth skin was no more after this. Maybe it will take a little bit to heal up fully. As she was in her thoughts, she saw Jin lighting up the place with a floating lamp-like spell. It was helpful in this case as she looked down to see a giant snake gazing right at her.

Shit...

She immediately saw Jin distracting the snake with the light itself that she saw seconds earlier. So that's why he created it? For a distraction? She bit her lip and glared determinedly, sliding down so she could get a good grip of her katana once she was down. She watched as Jin was trapped between the jaw and the top of the snake's mouth. The snake's body was coiling, with the body still intact perfectly for her to get on it. She looked around for any resort and saw a vine hanging from a pillar. The pillar itself was loose with wrappings of the vines and nature. Unsheathing her sword, she first pulled the vine keeping the post steady. Next, after it was falling, she hurried to go and move to the other side where the head would be stuck from the weight of the pillar. Hopefully, Jin moved away by now as it was stuck.

She sliced it perfectly clean with a swish of her blade through the neck. "That was... stupid," she gazed away distantly, but a light blush could be seen. Her arms crossed against her chest as she pouted, "You... could've gotten hurt or even worse, you could have died," she turned away as she wondered what that was about. Her words made no sense to herself, but she cared about him for some reason. She walked away while cleaning her blade with whatever she could use. The next room was just ahead as the area lit up as soon as they walked in, "Heh, an auto light system..." she spoke in her cold manner. There she laid peacefully, the Priestess who most likely fell here. Why was her body ideally spread on the stone altar if that was true?

#10Jin Tatsumi 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:40 am

Jin Tatsumi
"Ahhh, Don't worry....I'm,...aggh,"he groaned as the snake smacked its head against a wall and jostled Jin. He felt his hands slip a little bit but planted his feet in. The snake's tongue lapped at his knees. "fine," he called back, catching his breath. He wasn't too worried in the mouth of the snake as he knew that she would be quick to act. The Snake snapped left and right until Jin heard a small collapse. The snake suddenly dropped, and Jin went falling toward the ground with it. His body bounced as the snake hit the earth. Jin cast a small healing spell on the roof of the snake's mouth to weaken it and restore some of his own health. With a shield of light conjured on his arm, he blocked the fangs and rolled out of the animal's mouth as Quilla brought down a slash.

"Phew that was close," he wiped the sweat from his brow and dusted himself off. He caught a glimpse of a faint blush coming across his partner's face. "Oh? Guess I must have just lost my footing up there. Slippery vines you know," he stepped by her and towards the next area. "Good thing I have a good luck charm," he shot her a quick glance and turned back towards the job. Maybe he had gone a little too far in having her worry for him like that. But at the same time, it was sweet to hear those words of care, come from her.

Jin's stopped in his tracks as the lights came on. "I don't like that," he said, suspicious of the surroundings. The Woman's body was laid on an altar. A whisper more like a hiss quietly bounced along the walls. The lights flickered. Jin held his breath as in the brief moment of darkness he saw another figure of a woman with hair draped in front of her face. He gulped as the lights returned.

"So uh...What are we supposed to do here?" He inched behind her right shoulder.

"A curse on anyone who defiles my temple,"a woman's voice spoke.

WC 370
Total 1650

#11Mishiko 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:40 am

Mishiko

Before going entirely in, she listened to Jin's comment, "Lucky Charm?" she asked, oblivious as she was immune to that charming humor. She had no reason to have feelings, know what they meant, and don't know what certain things meant when someone said them, even the obvious. "I hope you take care of your lucky charm carefully then," she nodded and gave a small smile without knowing what she said meant. Her eyes gazed up at him and looked around him to ensure he was alright. Her arms dangled against her side as she stopped in front of him.

Her eyes searched his face as her hands cupped his cheeks to move his head left and right to check each side, "Alright, you seem alright," she slowly let go of his soft face. Stepping back, she turned around and went towards the door with him as he was following. As they went in, she looked around more to hear nothing, but she could tell something was going on when she looked at Jin's face.

As soon as she witnessed the flicking lights and the woman, she knew what it was. She had fear in her heart, but her mind was more substantial than that when it came to horror and demons. "We are not here to defile but to put you to rest," she admitted, at least for her. She felt Jin get close to her shoulder. The figure appeared once more and pointed at Jin. "All men shall perish. All Sinful beings shall be purified. Priestess of Daifujima, you shall witness true purification," she coldly stated. Her hand lifted, and Quilla immediately reacted with her running, after a dash. She went forward and passed the spirit to go towards the real problem, the cursed item. Unsheathing her sword, she hurried and grabbed the woman's ashes and saw the collapsing temple. The spirit disappeared randomly, and that was her time to run to Jin, "Let's get out; I rather not die in a temple ironically," she spoke with distaste as she left her own.

She grabbed his hand with her free one and ran. Running out towards the hole in the wall, they did everything they could to escape the place as she then heard a shriek. Usually, it meant one of them was becoming fragile sanity-wise, or the exit was close. Quilla didn't bother looking back as they ran together to find a door outside to an empty shore. Once she was out, the spirit demon stood there at the exit and began to glow. "I'm... finally free from this Temple..." she gave a light smile and started to disappear. She sighed and looked at Jin, "What... shall we do with... this," she was out of breath as she let go of his hand. Quilla was thankful it didn't resort to another option where she had to kill the spirit. With the urn, she let Jin choose what they should do with it and followed him. Once they were done, they went their separate ways or left together to tell the story and be rewarded.

-exit-

2000+ WC

#12Jin Tatsumi 

One with you, One with me - Jin [TDC: Higurashi Temple] Empty Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:01 pm

Jin Tatsumi
Jin shook his head with a lopsided smile, "I'll do my best to," he replied and pulled a fractured part of the snake's fang from his back and tossed it silently to the ground so as not to alert her. For some reason, she had taken a vested interest in protecting him and making sure he was okay. Typically he saw that as his job, but with not being a fighter, there wasn't much he could do. "Oh, Hello," he replied as she suddenly stood in front of his face. She examined him up and down. A stark change since her moment at the front gate. But he was just attacked by a monster. A devilish grin formed on his lips.

The grin turned to a playful frown as she cupped his face and smooshed his cheeks. "Everything Okay. I may have shaved too close to my face this morning," he spoke through bunched-up lips as her hands pressed his cheeks together. He stretched out his jaw when she let go, "Thanks, but if you just wanted to look into my eyes, you didn't have to come up with a reason." he joked until they reached the inner sanctum.

Jin went pale as a sheet when the demonic-looking woman pointed at him. He gulped and pointed at himself, "Oh...little old me," he said in a bad feminine voice. "Wait," jin called out but she was already off. She dashed past the woman and Jin gulped making eye contact with the spirit before it vanished. "This is it," he mumbled. And then Quill was back and snatched his hand up. He dashed alongside her. "Right with ya." Jin cast a barrier behind them just in case. The two ran through the crumbling bits of stone and vain attempts by the spirit to subdue them. Finally, the light appeared and they were out on a shore. The spirit appeared and thanked them for what they had done.

Jin laid on his back panting for air. His arms sprawled out. Jin sat himself up and nodded at the spirit as it left. "I'll take care of it," he said and placed some lucky charms on it, before performing a funeral right and spreading the ashes to the wind so she could be free. He was more serious in those moments. And left with her to collect the reward. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Thanks for looking out for me."

Wc 400
Total 2050

Exit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum