Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tests of Ket [Private][SQ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Khalfani † 

Tests of Ket [Private][SQ] Empty Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:19 am

Khalfani †

Khalfani walked through the portal following the small black snake made up of what seemed to be energy. They had no idea what to expect out of this. For all they knew this could have very well been a set up. Still, one could know for certain by taking risks. With what felt like no other option left, the vampire stepped through and was revealed a realm of darkness. They couldn't see anything, even with their vampiric vision. Beneath them however, seemed to be...the galaxy? The young mage's eyes widened as they gazed into the cosmos. They were literally standing. On. The. Universe. How was this even possible? A realm outside of the known universe was something even they could't find books or Lore about. Khal looked around for the snake that had guided here, but like the wind, it was gone. So, the vampire began walking forward slowly. There wasn't anything in particular that they were trying to do...but what was this place?

#2Khalfani † 

Tests of Ket [Private][SQ] Empty Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:49 am

Khalfani †

Khalfani stopped moving for a moment. They began to feel this immense amount of pressure unlike anything they had ever felt before. It wasn't like the pressure they felt in Limbo. No...this was different. They could feel the energy of an actual entity but it was confusing to say the least. The energy was not malicious, but like the snake they had met before, it also wasn't benevolent. It was hard to explain but it was a heavy force. In that moment the young vampire felt blank. Stuck. Lost- but comfortable? It was then that they turned around slowly, only to see a huge bronze colored snake with a golden-like glow to it. Their eyes widened as the serpent towered at least thirty meters over them. It hissed, slithering closer but stopping to extend only the first half of its body towards them. The teenager was too stunned to speak. What the hell was this? For a moment the snake merely stared into Khal's eyes until they mustered the courage to leap back and put their hands up. A feeble attempt to guard themselves indeed, but an attempt nonetheless. The snake hissed again before chuckling. "Hahahahaha! Child..." the serpent began. Its voice was stern and feminine, like a mother who carried years of wisdom in that giant flattened head.

#3Khalfani † 

Tests of Ket [Private][SQ] Empty Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:02 am

Khalfani †

"Are you going to eat me?" Khalfani grunted. As brave as they were trying to be, they'd be lying if they said they weren't afraid. They had no weapons, they had lost their divine abilities and they were probably the weaker of the two no doubt. If this was how they were going to die, locked in a space outside of the universe, then they would go down without a fight. As the young Morningstar shivered in fear a droplet of sweat fell from the side of their forehead. "Do not be foolish, child. You are a vampire, are you not? A bag of blood. Newborn at that! I doubt you taste very well. No...I am not going to eat you." Khalfani eased up a bit, obviously just a little relieved by her response. "Then why did you lure me here? This..." they glanced down for a moment as astroids zipped through the galaxies. "This is not how this was supposed to go." The serpent laughed again, this time louder than before. "So it's true. You know not who you are, or who you once were. The lives you once had, the bodies in which you walked the land." Khalfani remained quiet. They knew there was something special about them. Daisia had mentioned it before. Yet, she had never mentioned talking snakes. "Who. are. you?" was all they could think of to ask. "I am Ket. The representative of the God of Chaos, Apophis." Immediately the vampires eyes widened. The Zharian god of chaos was... "Amun-Re's greatest enemy-"

#4Khalfani † 

Tests of Ket [Private][SQ] Empty Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:33 am

Khalfani †

"*Hissssssss*, watch your mouth! Lord Apophis is the embodiment of chaos. The great outsider himself. He is more than just an enemy to that fool of a god." Ket snapped. Khalfani froze, afraid to really even argue and for good reason. So what did Apophis want with them anyway? They had a feeling that asking wouldn't really lead them to the answers they wanted, so they hadn't. Instead they allowed the Serpent to continue speaking, making sure not to say or do anything that would offend her from here on out. This was not their domain. It would be foolish to challenge Ket here. Khal glanced down for the third time, reminding themselves that they were outside of the universe itself. Ket cleared her throat. "Chaos chose you long before you were born, child. Everything that has happened to you up until this point is no coincidence." The vampire took a second to take that in. This was really happening... The giant serpent leaned forward, smirking. "Apophis has high hopes for you. That is the reason why I brought you to me. We thought we lost you when that woman brought you to Amun, alas, here you are. There is true power here. Power that belongs to Chaos, far greater than what you are capable of on your own. It can be yours if you pass the test. However, should you agree to take the test and fail, you will die. Your soul will belong to Apophis and you will cease to exist." She paused. "However, if you do not take the test...you will be stuck in Limbo forever~"

#5Khalfani † 

Tests of Ket [Private][SQ] Empty Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:40 pm

Khalfani †

Khalfani thought long and hard about the proposal. There was virtually no way out of Limbo without Ket, so if they denied they would be stuck here forever. However, if they agreed to take the test then they risked death. At least in Limbo they could survive? Although technically it was just the same as death. With a scoff the vampire looked up at Ket. Their size in comparison was laughable, but they were not going to back down now. "Fine." they said. "I'll take your test." Ket smiled happily. She then began to explain the rules. There were four parts. The first one was a test of wits, the second one was a test of instincts and awareness, the third was a test of sacrifice and the fourth one was a test of commitment. The last two in particular didn't sound very appealing but did Khal have an option? "Are you ready, child?" She hissed excitedly. The young Morningstar clenched their fists, nodding slowly. Let's get this over with." they exhaled in preparation for what was to come.

#6Khalfani † 

Tests of Ket [Private][SQ] Empty Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:15 pm

Khalfani †

And just like that, the test began. The serpent opened her mouth with only a moment of silence passing before. "Let's start off easy..." She began. The vampire remained tensed up. "I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I?" There it was. It struck like thunder with Kets booming voice. Quickly Khalfani turned away to think. "I have cities but no houses...no trees...water..." they thought aloud, raising their hand to their chin. "Oh." Khalfani looked up with this accomplished glare in their eyes. They had an answer but whether or not it was the right answer was a completely different story. However, there was no time to waste. They assumed that their Gryphon was still on watch and everything was running smoothly, but they wanted to get back as soon as possible. "A Map." Ket smirked. "Very good! Now, onto the next one." She thought for a moment. "You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?" Easy. "They're all married." Ket chuckled. "Correct! You are quite wise! Last one." She said.  "You measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. I’m quick when I’m thin and slow when I’m fat. The wind is my enemy."

"A candle."

#7Khalfani † 

Tests of Ket [Private][SQ] Empty Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:50 pm

Khalfani †

Ket frowned but only for  split second. Perhaps she thought this portion of the test would be harder for the young Desiertan. If she did, she was wrong. While they weren't very physically strong at the moment, their wits often made up for it. So, she moved onto the next test. She closed her eyes and a ball with three cups appeared in front of Khalfani. She began moving the cup after placing the ball inside.The cups twirled around each other at immense speeds but Khalfani kept their eyes on it. When she asked where the ball was, they pointed to the cup and there it was. That was easy enough but Khalfani could feel that the next two tests wouldn't be so easy. Suddenly the Serpent opened her mouth as the cups vanished. "Now...show me what you are willing to sacrifice for not only your life...but power..." Suddenly someone appeared...someone important... She was tied with ropes and struggled to break free. When her eyes landed on Khalfani, they widened. The young vampire stumbled back, frozen in place. "N-no..." They trembled. "J-Jamie?" they gasped. The Nekomata screamed, but her mouth was covered. "Help me!" was what Khalfani could make out. Then they looked back at Ket. "How did you...Let her go!!" The teenager demanded. Jamie was someone they held dear to their hear- one of their best friends. "This is how you achieve power, Khalfani. Sacrifice your friend to the God of Chaos!" Ket boomed. However, unlike before, she was not laughing.

#8Khalfani † 

Tests of Ket [Private][SQ] Empty Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:29 pm

Khalfani †

Seeing Jamie struggle was too much for the young Morningstar. How could they sit and watch their friend cry out for help. It reminded them too much of their time in the alternate universe. Earthland-09 was trauma after trauma after trauma. Khalfani froze- that was until a black dagger appeared in their hands. Khal walked up to Jamie, turned their head and stabbed her in her heart. She gasped, eyes filled with water before whoosh... she vanished. Khalfani knew it was only an illusion, yet still, it wasn't any easier. The final test required them to do the same thing to themselves. And so, Khalfani placed the blade to their neck and sliced. There they fell, knocked out unconscious until... *Gasp* They woke up gasping for ear, realizing that the sun was up, the rain had stopped and their gryphon was quite literally drained. However, they began to feel power surge throughout their body. This, however, was not enough for them to relish in victory. They threw their head into their palms and weeped.

1,700/1,500

- Complete -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum