Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest] Empty Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:32 am

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo came back to Bear Claw in hopes of doing more things to please them - the more things the monk did to help Bear Claw, the closer to he get to figuring out if Bear Claw was impure and needed to be arrested by the Hosenka Authorities. Being associated with the underground was not always enough to warrant arrest, so the monk wished to be careful - if Bear Claw turned out to be a normal guild which just happened to obtain a good from an illegal organization, Pandora, and was otherwise normal, then the monk would feel bad about putting away the members of Bear Claw.

Waddling inside, the monk noticed nobody was within the guild, unlike last time - Bear Claw's guild hall was completely empty aside from the furniture. There was no evidence for any of the members having ever sat or eaten within these lavish halls of Bear Claw. "How curious - they seem to be gone for the day."

"Actually, we are just hiding - this is a test to see if you can find the rest of the members hiding in plain sight, heh heh heh," said a mysterious voice from a distant location. The monk jumped back in surprise, but otherwise remained composed - the monk likely had a time limit so he needed to get his act together quickly.

200 words

#2Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest] Empty Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 am

Poropo Poproporp
The monk knew every one of the eleven members, if the guild master Heinrich was included within this test, should be hiding within plain sight. The monk did not know how good any of these members were at hiding because he had no idea they were hiding to begin with, though in hindsight this must mean they are actually good at hiding. The confusion surrounding this test baffled the monk greatly, slurring his thoughts. In an attempt to compose himself, the monk clasped his hands in prayer and said, "Oh Iron Deity, bless me with your almighty sight so I may find the members of Bear Claw hiding within plain sight...please."

The monk started waddling around, looking high and low for signs of something being painted of moved around. There seemed to be a strange looking chair with more legs than the other chairs - the normal number of chair legs was three within this guild hall, but the chair the monk found had four! "I have found you, chair!" shouted the monk in hopes of startling the chair-disguised, Bear Claw member.

"Gah! I was the first to be found...how shameful," said the chair, still looking like a chair but slowly morphing into a person. The monk had found one member of Bear Claw easily enough, so the rest should follow suite soon!

400 words

#3Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest] Empty Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:44 am

Poropo Poproporp
The monk decided to ask the former chair person if they would give him a hint of anyone else hiding, "due to my brilliant eyesight finding you, you must now give me a hint." The former chair person just looked at the monk and started to laugh and walk away, sitting in a part of the Bear Claw guild hall where he could watch the monk fumble and stumble trying to find the other members of Bear Claw. The monk was not amused and continued his search without a hint, "so be it - I will do this all myself...maybe I can get the others to give me a hint."

The monk waddled around, trying to also smell smells he would not normally smell from furniture or other things within the area such as plants or chandeliers. The monk eventually smelled the smell of soil from one of the plants, which was normal, but a second plant smelled more like musk than soil! The monk pointed at the plant and declared, "I have found you, plant!" The plant rustled and slowly turned into a person again - they also did not seem happy about being found, but at least they were not the first to be found. A great shame nonetheless.

600 words

#4Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest] Empty Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:00 am

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo was becoming a little anxious about being a spy within Bear Claw - doing the test was understandable, but this felt like a waste of time instead of gaining valuable information! Poropo had to hold on and continue to find hidden Bear Claw members, but time was ticking - the longer Bear Claw distracted the monk with strange tasks the less time the monk had to gather intelligence. Perhaps Bear Claw was purposefully running the monk about for their own amusement and to hinder his spying operation without swatting him away - if they kept the monk around knowing he was a spy, they could toy with the Hosenka Authorities.

Poropo was not happy about the idea of being a toy for Bear Claw and tried to hurry his search for hidden members. Another sign of a hidden member of Bear Claw surfaced - the wood of the wall looked slightly warped, as if someone had put up a curtain or sheet to hid behind! The monk tore down the wallpaper to reveal a person behind! The monk found a third of eleven members of Bear Claw and was going to try even harder! "Aha! I have found another!" exclaimed the monk, hoping to worry the rest of the Bear Claw members still in hiding.

800 words

#5Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest] Empty Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:29 am

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo found three so far and was on the verge of finding a four member of Bear Claw, perhaps even a fifth if the monk's eyesight was no failing him - the curtains covering the windows on the second floor of the Bear Claw guild hall were protruding a little more than normal curtains on other windows. The monk confronted the odd curtains and shouted with pride, "Those curtains are suspicious! Show yourselves!" The two members of Bear Claw, twins from what Poropo could tell, stepped out of the curtains with shame, but still not as much shame as the first person to be caught.

"Considering the hiding places and disguises so far, the chair is actually the most elaborate - if only he had three limbs instead of four, hah hah hah!" laughed Poropo as he continued his search with a sense of glee. The monk was actually having fun finding the Bear Claw members despite the urgency with which he needed to do so - the faster he finds them the better he looks as a potential recruit and the more time the monk had to gather important information. Bear Claw was hording powerful magic items while selling less useful magic items - the origin of these items and who Bear Claw was selling to was of utmost importance!

1,000 words

#6Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest] Empty Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:34 am

Poropo Poproporp
The monk had found five of the eleven members of Bear Claw so far, only needing six more - the monk was not exactly halfway through his goal, but he felt he was doing very well! However, the monk decided he could slow down and perhaps ask questions, "Do you do this type of play with clients? Do you need to hide yourselves in order to take what you want? I am curious why I need to find you instead of hiding myself, hah hah hah!" The monk attempted to seem jovial, which was not completely untrue. The monk felt he needed to give out an air of positivity if he wanted to make friends with Bear Claw members.

Granted, finding hiding members of Bear Claw made them upset so there was a fine line the monk was trying not to fall off of - if he was disrespectful, then passing this test meant nothing in the end! "I think I see another person hiding," exclaimed the monk, "perhaps I could hold off on finding this person if they tell me why this test is made so specifically."

"Because this is fun...and we need practice - you seem to know how to find things already and we wanted to test ourselves," said a familiar voice in the distance.

1,200 words

#7Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest] Empty Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:13 am

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo was given a response by a distant voice, as a way to avoid being found before any of the remaining six members, but the monk decided to be cheeky and reveal the person he had already found inside a couch, "I can see you moving within the couch! Reveal to me your visage!" The monk was not going to let this opportunity to find someone go - despite the promise the monk made, there was no value in letting go someone who was already found.

"Ok ok, I get it - you got me good, no doubt," said the person who did not have the same voice as the distant voiced person who gave the monk information. Perhaps this was a trick, but the monk could not figure out what kind of trick. Regardless, the monk decided to continue searching and found more evidence of people lurking.

"I can see this floorboard is out of place - show yourself, please," said the monk kindly, for once. The monk decided he needed to be less intense when uncovering a hidden person in order to be less rude overall. The person came out of the floorboard, less ashamed at being found for some reason. Each Bear Claw member was more content with being found after certain other members, assumed the monk.

1,400 words

#8Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest] Empty Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:37 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The number of found Bear Claw members numbers to seven out of eleven - the monk still had a ways to go, but he was getting closer as the short day progressed! The monk decided to be a little sneaky and go to places of the Bear Claw guild hall he had not been shown before, such as the vault. The monk only caught a glimmer of the vault previously, so this was a good chance to make an excuse to try and find someone inside the vault. Poropo waddled up to the vault and attempted to inspect how to open the vault, "Nothing...I could ask for help...I wonder if-"

The door to the vault suddenly started to make jumbling sounds as if opening from the inside - the gigantic door eventually opened and revealed a load of treasure behind the guild master 'hiding' inside the vault! Heinrich seemed to have known the monk would try to look inside the vault, "good job, you were able to find nearly everyone so far - just three more to go! However, I could just tell you where we got all this stuff and what we do with it..."

The monk was given a hard choice, but the monk also knew this was likely part of the test!

1,600 words

#9Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Bear Problem [Quest] Empty Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:45 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The monk decided to continued searching, "I would rather search, hah hah hah! I want to test my abilities, too!" Poropo took a few more hours to look throughout the rest of the guild as the vault doors closed - the monk was able to glean important information just by looking inside the vault for a short moment, enough information to take back to the Hosenka Authorities. However, the monk also needed to finish this test in order to be trusted by the Bear Claw members. During the few hours remaining in the test, the monk was able to find everyone else within the guild hall.

"I have completed this test...do I get a prize? Hah hah hah!" Poropo laughed as he expected some sort of laugh in return. However, every single one of the members seemed to be disappointed in themselves and each other with the exception of the guild master, Heinrich.

"Your prize is to become the second in command! Congratulations, Tort! This test determined the order of rank within this guild - the less people discovered, the lower your ranking. You found everyone so you are just shy of me," explained Heinrich. Apparently the monk was able to go to the Hosenka Authorities with more than just intelligence - the monk was able to go back with the promise of more information later.

1,800 words (Guild Level 2 [-10% WC])

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum