Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest] Empty Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:21 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo was yet again tasked with protecting one of the many illegal-time-selling shops within Magnolia. Not even the monk knew why he was still protecting all of these shops even though time and again they were being threatened with being robbed in the dead of night. However, the monk did let one shop get robbed in the dead of night by simply refusing to take the job.

Unfortunately, the thieves did not take as much as anticipated and the illegal business continued in the background of the legitimate business! The monk could do nothing but watch as the shop keepers were happy with lettings things go as they pleased with the thieves, but at some point the monk felt like coming back only to stop the thieves from being thieves rather than protecting the shops. If the monk could convince these thieves to stop being thieves, then he could lower the amount of impurity in the world, even just a little bit.

"So, I will attempt what I did last time and start a civil discussion which will hopefully devolve into unrest among the thieves. Supposedly they will come in multiple groups, one group at a time, in order to try to steal as much as they can...then again, they did not do this when I wasn't protecting..."

200 words

#2Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest] Empty Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:25 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The monk waddled back and forth in front of the shop he was protecting and felt like he needed to add something to his plan in order to get a little more thieves to argue rather than hoping something like last time would miraculously happen again. Last time the thieves were asked by the monk whether being a criminal was worth all the trouble of being a criminal - if the reward was worth the struggle. The monk did this accidentally as he met the first group of thieves who seemed more ambivalent than previous thief groups. Previous thief groups came with the intention of causing destruction and violence.

Previous thief groups were also prone to running away from fear or fainting. The fear and fainting could be completely attributed to the First Immortal which the monk was unable to summon at this time - the Iron Deity took away the magic from Poropo and replaced the old magic with new magic. The monk still did not know why and the struggle to stave of violence was becoming increasingly difficult, especially when the Contract on his head was becoming much higher without an end in sight! "I hope to remove my contract someday by doing something...impure...on second thought, maybe I want to keep my contract as proof of my purity, hah..."

400 words

#3Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest] Empty Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:29 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo waited and waited for the first wave of thieves to show up and do something untoward to the monk in an attempt to get past him and into the shop he was protecting. Granted, the intention was for the monk to ask them a barrage of questions in order to confuse and scare them enough to start a fight amongst themselves like last time. To be fair, last time was also a miracle when wave after wave of thief groups were piling on top of one another in order to answer the question or be the person who was right in some trivial way!

The monk felt he could not replicate this exact success just by asking questions again, especially when more thieves were being sent from all walks of life. The worst thieves with no remorse were likely going to be sent who not only wanted to become criminals but love the idea of being a criminal! Money was not their only motivating factor, assume the monk as he waited impatiently. His imagination was running too wild for the night dragging on! The long the wait, the more he believed this night would end in his death or reverse incarceration! Nadine, a huntress, attempted to reverse incarcerate the monk but was foiled by the monk's magic, barely.

600 words

#4Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest] Empty Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The walking back and forth in front of the shop was starting to turn the normally sane monk insane! Whether Poropo was actually sane or not to begin with did not matter because he was certifiably insane just from all the waiting he had to do to protect this measly shop which would not stop selling illegal drugs! The illegal nature of these herbs caused the shop to become the target of harassment and then a real threat of robbery! The monk could not withstand waiting much longer and attempted to make the thieves come out from the shadows by yelling, "come out and fight me like the criminals you are! Come on! Do it! Come and make me pray to my god, the Iron Deity! RAAAAAAAGH!"

The monk roared like a ferocious beast bent on attacking whatever came in line of sight, but nothing showed up - the night was still dead quiet and the monk was still alone! The monk waited a little longer for something to show up and surprise him but then got an idea! "Maybe they are already inside the shop and stealing something! They could have very well gotten past my solid defenses and sharp senses! I must check the inside of the shop!"

800 words

#5Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest] Empty Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:47 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Frustrated by the lack of ongoing events tonight, Poropo marched into the shop to confront the thieves he hoped were waiting inside to surprise the monk with the gift of thrill! However, the shop was as barren as the monk had left the place before starting to watch the front of the shop outside - Poropo was beside himself with disbelief! For whatever reason, the monk's anxiousness has caused him to seek something he normally would despise! He was unsure of what to do next other than continue waiting for something to happen.

"Maybe I need to stop protecting the shop from the outside? I could wait in here, hide, and hope to surprise a group of thieves with a barrage of confusing questions to disorient them..."
mumbled the monk to himself as he paced back and forth inside the shop. The path he was making with his repeated pattern of footsteps was slowly damaging the shop, but the monk could not stop going insane! The inactivity of this night was doing something odd to the monk which he could not notice! For better or worse, the monk's insanity was secretly being controlled from a distance by a malicious force bent on taking anything of value from the shop the monk was protecting this night!

1,000 words

#6Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest] Empty Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:56 pm

Poropo Poproporp
From the shadows of a nearby alleyway, a figure was watching the monk struggle against Insanity Magic! The individual responsible for causing the monk to go insane was the boss who kept trying to attack the shops and harass the shop owners with threats and thievery! This magic was only useful if the caster remained hidden, which so far was going exactly as intended - the boss, Rebar Boil, watch with great amusement as the monk was turning against his normal beliefs and hoping for horrible things to happen in order to alleviate a constructed sense of boredom!

However, the one thing Rebar Boil did not take into consideration what Poropo's inherent insanity! The monk stormed out of the shop and yelled as loudly as he could, "COME AND FACE ME, IRON DEITY! I AM HERE FOR YOU TO PUNISH! I AM AN IMPURE BEING WHO DESERVES TO BE SMITTEN!" Rebar Boil's magic was overloaded by the monk's insanity and ended abruptly! Rebar did not know what just happened and attempted to cast his magic again to fix the broken plan. However, every attempt to cast from afar missed and would not hit the erratic monk who was beginning to feel a little better about no thieves coming tonight.

1,200 words

#7Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest] Empty Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:14 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Rebar Boil felt as though his magic needed to be cast closer in order to continue working on the monk who had started to clasp his hands in prayer in order to ask the Iron Deity for forgiveness, "Oh Iron Deity, I apologize for yelling at you in the dead of night. I hope I did not wake you or your angels nor anyone else on this lonely street. Yes, a lonely and peaceful street tonight." The monk was calming down thanks to his insanity or some other force overloading the magic of Rebar Boil! How exactly his own magic worked, Insanity Magic, was not something Rebar had ever felt like asking - as long as the magic worked he was happy.

Up to this point, Rebar had been unchallenged in the criminal underworld of threatening shop owners of Magnolia, so for the monk to now be unaffected at a long range was new to Rebar. Rebar had only one option left - the criminal boss stepped out of the shadows and decided to confront the monk about why his magic was not working, "Hey! You! Monk! Are you immune to magic now or what!?" Poropo was extremely confused and scared by the presence of an intimidating individual whom he had never met before!

1,400 words

#8Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest] Empty Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:22 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The monk was confronted by a stranger saying strange things about being immune to magic. The monk was not aware he was immune to any magic other than Light Magic, nothing else. Poropo tried to speak up but Rebar Boil insisted on speaking more, "Do you understand what is happening right now!? I am supposed to have an easy time robbing this place with my own hands and magic, but the magic part isn't working anymore! Stop being so persistent and let me through!" The monk looked at the irate man with a sense of pity.

"I am afraid I cannot let anyone past me tonight, my apologize. If I did then I would not be doing the shop owners the service I promised them, and I never break my promises...or I try not to, hah hah..." responded the monk in a reserved manner, unlike Rebar's shouting. Rebar was not happy with the monk's response and attempted to use his magic one last time at a much closer range! Perhaps the closer range would do what needed to be done! Insanity Magic was being focused from Rebar Boil's hands and into a wave to hit Poropo with as much insanity as possible with one technique! The monk blinked in shock!

1,600 words

#9Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Protecting Shop! [Quest] Empty Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo stood against the Insanity Magic again, unaware anything was supposed to be happening! Something had changed about the Insanity Magic Rebar Boil was attempting to implement upon the unaware monk! Without anything left to do, Rebar looked around in a dazed panic and lunged for the monk with a swing of his shaky fist! Rebar was not a physical fighter, but the monk was not either! The only difference between the monk and Rebar in terms of physical ability was the reach the monk had with his Elder Sage Staff! With a thud on the head of Rebar Boil, the criminal boss went down easily.

The monk looked down at the downed criminal whom the monk did not know and said, "I did not wish for violence to be enacted upon you, but you attempted to do something to me and I do not appreciate that. Now stay there while the Magnolia authorities arrive in the morning." The monk waited with the unconscious Rebar Boil until the sun rose and the Magnolia Authorities arrived. Rebar was put behind bars while the monk was paid for his diligent work for the night by the shop owner. The illegal herbs were sold some more as the monk sighed, "if only they learned not to sell illegal items - this could all be avoided..."

1,800 words (Guild Level 2 [-10% WC])

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum