Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poropo Preach Scouting [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Preach Scouting [Quest] Empty Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:51 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo waddled up to Guard Captain Devon in hopes of completing a non-violent job. The job Devon posted said to help recruit potential, future guards for the sake of Magnolia's protection. Poropo was not one for causing violence - the peaceful monk was one to end violence so helping create more guards to protect the peace sounded like the perfect opportunity to get paid while helping the community. Waddling up to Devon, Poropo clasped his hands in prayer and hoped to be allowed to take the job, "Hello, Guard Captain Devon - good to see you again. In case you do not remember, you and I gathered information on cultists not too long ago."

"POROPO! Good to see you!" Devon quickly rushed Poropo and covered the blathering monk's mouth with a gloved hand. Poropo had a feeling this action was related to the cultists which was confirmed by Devon's hushed words, "...yes, I do remember, but you gotta be quiet about it - never know who's a cultist or not..." Devon then uncovered the monk's mouth and let the monk speak more, "So, what can I help you with, citizen of Magnolia? Here for a job? I think I posted a job to help recruit more guards."

200 words

#2Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Preach Scouting [Quest] Empty Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Poropo Poproporp
A little stunned by Devon's behavior, the monk simply replied, "um...yes, I am here to help recruit...recruits...yes. What do I need to do...sir?" Devon seemed to smile underneath his helmet and lead the monk to a spot within the South Gate Park where the monk could see many people coming in and out. The monk began understanding his task and was looking for strong people who looked as though they were ready to be guards. However, before the monk wandered off to ask specific types of people, Devon explained the job.

"Slow down, Poropo - I can see you wanted to ask that big guy to be part of the guard, which is great, but he's not the only kind of person I'm looking to recruit," explained Devon as he began pointing to people and telling Poropo of the wonders of diversity, "you see, there are lots of people in the world - they all have different perspectives and the guard needs that kind of diversity." Devon pointed to a mother and child playing in the park and then pointed to a lonesome man collecting trash off the ground to keep the part clean, "Anyone here can be whipped into a guard given enough time - don't be picky, Poropo."

Poropo began understanding what was being asked of him - the monk needed to ask as many people as possible in order to gather the names and addresses of as many recruits as possible! The task would be more difficult than the monk anticipated, but also easier in another sense - the monk did not have to look for the scarce few who looked like big, strong fighters, instead looking for anyone who was interested in keeping the peace. The monk turned to Devon and expressed his devotion to the cause, "Yes, may the Iron Deity bless everyone no matter how strong or scrawny they may look - the guard need all the help they can get!"

500 words

#3Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Preach Scouting [Quest] Empty Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Devon's smile twitched at the idea Poropo believed the guards of Magnolia needed tremendous help, but he left his smile stuck - if the monk believed Magnolia was in desperate need of recruits then the monk might be more willing to ask anyone, which would be great. The more people the monk asked, the larger the selection of recruits Guard Captain Devon had to work with, "Great! Report back to me at the end of the day with a list of names and addresses so I can mail them with invitations and whatnot, ok?"

Devon was casual with Poropo, but the monk could not help but solute to the Guard Captain and say, "Aye aye, sir!" The nautical speak was a little out of place, but the monk thought all Captains were supposed to be addressed as such. Devon's smile twitched again, but Devon had said his peace - the Guard Captain turned around and left, finally able to frown and curse to himself about Poropo's lack of knowledge. If only the ignorant monk and others knew the difference between a ship's Captain and a military Captain - perhaps his job would be easier if people knew more about military structure. Regardless, the monk had a task to complete by the end of the day.

700 words

#4Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Preach Scouting [Quest] Empty Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:12 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo began asking people at the South Gate Park in Magnolia if they were interested in joining the peacekeepers of Magnolia - many people did not seem to think they were made for guard duty while others had some disdain for the guards. The monk was a little confused by the ladder, but the monk let the former know anyone could be made into a wonderful guard by the end of some harsh training. The term "harsh training" made some people scared to join while others took the phrase as a challenge! The monk was getting good people to join the guard and hopefully for the right reasons.

However, the monk could tell the guards of Magnolia were not as respected as the mages of Fairy Tail - the monk met some people who recognized him from his various deeds and wondered why they weren't being asked to join Fairy Tail instead. The monk could not answer their question satisfactorily and they just left without even considering joining the guard. Thankfully, a select few seemed to understand Poropo's words - they understood joining Fairy Tail meant doing odd jobs to make ends meet but only if you possessed magic whereas the guards of Magnolia took in anyone, no matter their origin or capabilities.

With many names and addresses collected, Poropo went back to Devon for his reward.

900 words (Guild Level 2 [-10% WC])

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum