Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Price of Evil [Open to EN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Yuno 

The Price of Evil [Open to EN] Empty Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:01 pm

Yuno
YOU'VE SLIPPED UNDER MY SKIN
p o i s o n e d   m y   b l o o d
& enslaved my soul.

“Ah, not quite what I’m used to,” said Nuala.

The Daemon stood in the rain with her hands against her hips and a rather gloomy expression written on her face. The guild building of Eternal Nightmare was far from luxurious, but that didn’t matter at this point – she simply couldn’t continue like this. With Daeva Eye gone, the thief had aimlessly roamed Earthland throughout the past year and after losing her immortality through rather questionable circumstances – and regaining it very recently, the rogue decided that it was perhaps for the best to join a new guild and start over. There weren’t many options in Fiore and the woman surely didn’t plan on joining forces with any of the lighter guilds. She didn’t like their happy-go-lucky attitude and the constant need to please society, the king and even the Rune Knights.

Nuala didn’t really care about any of that. She just wanted to live her life and do whatever she felt like doing. The thief had always been like that and it was one of the many reasons why she was considered an outcast. Nuala hadn’t chosen Eternal Nightmare for any particular reason, especially not for its charm, but somehow the woman felt as though she might get lucky here. If anything, the guild master was her best bet at finding a place to sleep again that wasn’t some run down in the forest or some shady stranger’s apartment.

She’s really had enough of all that.

Taking a deep breath, Nuala lifted her right hand and knocked on the door. The sound of her fist against the wooden surface of the guild’s gate echoed through the entire building. It was eerie, but not scary enough to give her goosebumps. There was really no way to say what kind of people she would face inside, but she was ready to meet whoever stood on the opposite side of these doors.

#2Venus Rosé 

The Price of Evil [Open to EN] Empty Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:25 pm

Venus Rosé

Venus Rosé

Blade Dancer

Libraries, like this one, were characteristically sombre and still, and that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it was the sort of silence that her body came to crave somehow, after the strain of odd jobs pushing her being to and from between towns. Settling here, between the small, sectioned shelves and the books that huddled together, brought a warm calming feeling blowing over her person, like a meek forest breeze.

Housed in that tiny, cloistered space was a melody that the library branded its own—the soft flip of pages and the flop of books from cover to cover, her boots scratching against the carpet and the thick silence that organized the blend of elements far too nice for her own good. For the moment she’d been there, the vampire was already considering locating a small corner to indulge in a nap rather than returning to her chambers, that she’d been helplessly devoid of.

”Ma’am, we have a guest downstairs,” spoke one of their guild’s personnel, who seemed to be struggling to catch his breath after rushing up several flights of stairs. The guild was a massive tower after all; workout routines had no longer been necessary to her after she moved to the guildhall.

”Most likely pests—send them away.” The red-haired assassin continued to flip through the pages of her book nonchalantly, without even lifting her gaze once to instruct the command to the man.

He scratched his head. ”But, she seems to be looking for someone.”

”She?” That brought her attention away from the contents of the book she had been scanning intently to the young informant’s face and snapped the book shut.

It took her at least fifteen minutes just to travel from the library to the lowest floor of their guild, even with the magical elevator located directly at the center of the building. Such a wondrous guild—an interior that awed her every single time she travelled past, despite the uncanny ambiance it gave off to strangers. The main doors had been opened, allowing the guest to be let inside but would not be allowed any further than the guards permitted.

There she stood—a familiar face, one that Venus hadn’t seen for several years now. A crescendo of emotions rippled over the features of her face; she wasn’t sure whether she was supposed to be thrilled or devastated to see her after everything that happened between them once Daeva Eye was disbanded. At long last, the rogue let out a long sigh.

”So, we meet again.”

#3Yuno 

The Price of Evil [Open to EN] Empty Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:57 pm

Yuno
& enslaved my soul.

The guild’s staff let the woman inside without pretence, but required her to wait at the door. The building’s interior was eerie but well structured and purple eyes curiously scanned their surroundings. The personnel considered her with no small amount of suspicion, but the thief didn’t seem to care. Instead, Nuala wrung out her wet hair and added more water to the small puddle that had formed below her feet. She was drenched, but if things went well tonight, the rogue would finally have a place to sleep and call home again.

“Someone will be on their way shortly,” the middle-aged man reassured her, clearly itching to get away from the shady-looking female. She arched her brows at him and watched with mild amusement as he shuffled away to fetch her someone with more authority.

Nuala half expected the Lich himself to show up. Speaking with Odin would make this easy – their first meeting, albeit brief, had been memorable and the daemon doubted he would mind adding another infamous name to his ever-growing roster of strong individuals. The rogue wasn’t a known powerhouse by any means, but equipped with a refined set of skills Nuala considered herself a valuable asset to any dark guild in the country. Here’s to hoping the Master would agree. Even so, nothing could have prepared her for the person who ended up coming down the seemingly endless corridor.

Nuala’s eyes widened in surprise and her stomach churned at the familiar sight of Venus Rosé. A once close friend and ally, the fiery red-head still carried herself in that same self-assured manner, oozing of confidence and boredom because somehow no one was ever good enough for her. Nuala used to adore being one of Venus’ favourites – it felt good to be the chosen one of someone of such power and renown, but after everything fell apart the woman only felt scorn and anger for her former guild mate. When Venus looked at her and only signed, as if Nuala was somehow inconveniencing her just by being here, all hell broke loose.

“You!” The purple-haired woman nearly screamed and crossed the distance between them with quick, heavy steps. “How dare you! After everything–,”  her throat bobbed and Nuala became visibly exasperated. It wasn’t as though Venus wasn’t allowed to have a good time and move on with her life, but while the red-head had been reveling in the benefits of her new guild, the thief had gone through hell and back losing her powers and desperately searching for her friends – friends that were either still MIA, dead or had abandoned her. The latter seemingly applied to Venus, at whom Nuala was now furiously pointing a finger at.

“You don’t get to stand here and look at me like that when you’re the one who let everything go! Let everything fall apart!”

#4Odin † 

The Price of Evil [Open to EN] Empty Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:46 pm

Odin †

Venus wasn't the only one who received a notice regarding the new arrival, as Odin sat at the very top of the spire, one of the cultists making him aware as they made their way up. Outside of the main guild members, Odin was only to be troubled if something interesting happened, especially if he was at the summit of the guildhall. He came up here often, high above the mountains where he could watch over Oak City below, and enjoy the freedom it brought him. He had no way to fly himself, which was probably for the best as he would have jumped a few times by now if he could. The view was sublime, unattainable anywhere else in Fiore, and provided a sense of grandeur to everything Odin could do. The only downside, of course, was the length of time it would take to reach the ground floor should the need arise, like it did today.

As such Odin would arrive later than Venus, but he recognised the new arrival just as quickly. While he maybe didn't have as much history with Nuala as his ace, he did owe her one. She had helped put him back together, quite literally, and if she were here there could only be one reason. After all, Daeva Eye no longer existed. Approaching the two women, Odin would raise a hand to wave at them. As far as he was concerned, there was no danger and he was among two friends of his, "Nuala, Venus, I suppose it was inevitable the two of you would know each other. Power attracts power and all that. However", Odin regarded Nuala with a curious eye. It had been some time since they last met but, "There's something different about you. If you're here to join our group then we would be happy to have you." The Lich glanced briefly at Venus, clearly there was some history here given the shouting he had heard upon arrival, but now was not the time to get into it. If Nuala wished to join the guild, she would be welcomed with open arms.

#5Yuno 

The Price of Evil [Open to EN] Empty Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:25 pm

Yuno
& enslaved my soul.

Odin did show up in the end, unceremoniously ending whatever brief interaction Venus and Nuala had shared with not as much as the bat of an eye. The thief was admittedly caught by surprise by the lich’s sudden entrance and when he nonchalantly offered her a spot in his guild, Eternal Nightmare, the woman’s mouth opened and closed, like a fish. “I, uh..yes?” Nuala’s anger had turned entirely into dust, her argument with Venus quickly slipping away from her consciousness, back into the far depths of her mind.

A matter for later.

“I mean, I do. If you’ll have me–” she immediately felt stupid for saying that, considering that Odin had already confirmed that he would be happy to have her – could the lich be happy? Another thought for later. Nuala shot the red-haired woman a quick glance and although she’d never openly admit to it, there was a sense of doubt in her eyes, searching for approval in the other. When Venus gave it quickly and without question, the thief’s head abruptly turned back to Odin and she gave an eager nod. “That’s, uh..that's a yes. Definitely. I honestly didn’t expect it to be that simple,” she said with a laugh and awkwardly rubbed the back of her head. She almost looked silly now: graceless, drenched, deadly Nuala. Finally wearing a new shade of purple after months of solitude.

“Anything I should know?” She figured she’d ask about the rules while they were at it, seeing how Odin was probably busy often, with plenty of other, better things to do than to tend to the emotional wreck that was her. Granted, Nuala was a new-born daemon and adjusting to her new powers and her new body took some time, but that was to be neither his nor Venus' concern.

#6Odin † 

The Price of Evil [Open to EN] Empty Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:16 am

Odin †

Nuala hadn't expected joining Eternal Nightmare to be as straightforward as it was, which Odin could understand in a way. Most guilds required some form of proof that you wanted to join: long winded interviews or the completion of tasks. The Rune Knights wouldn't allow certain races unless they were known as heroes throughout Fiore. Odin didn't care for any of that. He would let anyone into his guild and, if they were there trying to destroy him, that would be their funeral. He didn't think Nuala was aiming to kill him, which as good because the Lich liked the Daemon. She was strong, and had helped him at a particularly difficult, and incredibly amusing, time in his life. She would be a great addition to their group.

"Every room here is accessible, feel free to choose your own to sleep in. Beyond that, everyone here has their own goals, but the guild's purpose is to change the world. Not in a bullshit 'make this world a better place' way", Odin realised, as he spoke, that he was starting to get a bit riled up as he almost spat out the words, "but in a real way. Take down the monarchy, replace it with something greater. Bosco was the template, but we can go further." Having aided Hildegard in becoming the leader of Bosco had been a great boon to Odin's, and Eternal Nightmare's, credence. There was now a precedent for what he wanted to achieve, now one could tell him it was just an idea, and no one could stop him.

A messenger would appear behind him, one of his trusted cultists, with some great news. After many months, they had found the location of the Many-Faced Queen. Odin could continue on his own crusade: reforming Midnight Cult in his image, and destroying the Bishops that hold the power. He bade his two guildmates farewell and began to plan his next mission.

-Exit-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum