Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:14 pm

Judith Karlinius
It was not something she was overly expecting to do often, Just in this case Judith was in Iceberg, bundled up in a few layers of clothing to keep her warm while she was here, she was travelling into the Udgard Wilds, either or not any one had really spoken to her to do other was was most likely in the air because Judith always just kind of did thing with out much details depending on the matter of why.

Any part of nature always interested Judith, she wanted to see how plants in some manner adapted in different areas of the world, So she had travelled into an area of iceberg that she assumed most people would really not expected her to be, Judith assumed that most people would think she would never travel outside of Magnolia.

Nonetheless Judith was just here to study the plant life, maybe she could figure out and adapt a few plants live in Magnolia if they were that interesting and new to her.

So far the tales of what this area was like, Judith more realize she had been exploring things that were more then just plants, Knowing that and keeping in mind maybe she just needed to be a bit more careful.

All of the areas were interesting, However the plants were first, the possible viewing of ruins could wait until after, it would be more tempting if she knew it was safe as well, Maybe arriving here by herself was starting to seeming, maybe not the best of the ideas she had however Judith always would figure she already had no regrets and well if she died that was fate, was it odd of her? maybe but she has a good life as it stands so death was just something to expect.

#2Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:01 am

Decima
It was times like these when Nadine was glad that she was not cold blooded like real crocodilians. Winter was not new to the demi-human, but usually she avoided areas that could receive snow. Of course, with a country called ‘Iceberg’ that was very hard to do. Thankfully it was not winter yet, and the Udgard Wilds were not frozen. Still, it was cold to her, someone who was born in a warmer climate. She wore a heavy jacket over her normal clothes, and even wrapped cloth around her long tail.

Over her jacket Nadine wore a poncho of living foliage. Thin vines were woven together to support the layers of moss and leaves. Everything was grown from the Udgard Wilds itself and combined with nature magic to make the piece of clothing, the colors blending in with the rest of the forest. The demi-human’s poncho even had a hood that was pulled over her head for shelter.

She tried to be quiet as she stalked through the woods, but her growling stomach would not be silenced. From the shadows cast by her hood over her face Nadine’s golden eyes searched around impatiently. The deer she had been hunting had escaped, but she would settle for a boar or even a bird if she could find one. Again her stomach groaned, and her jaw clenched as she finally lost her patience.

Her hand had been using a tree as a brace to steady herself, but then the woman’s fingers curled into a fist, and she struck the tree without looking at it. The trunk and branches shuddered from the heavy blow, shaking a few leaves loose as the thump echoed through the wilds. Ignoring the greenery falling around her Nadine kept moving forward, her tail slinking through the tall grass behind her.

#3Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:01 am

Judith Karlinius
Was this going to be a odd time, Of all things to hear a hungry stomach while coming to study flowers, Judith seemed to stopped for a moment."Odd...I could have sworn, I ate before coming to explore here." Judith remarked to herself as she looked around, Unless aside from bundling herself up she had been out for so long, That she did not realize how many hours had passed, she should not be hungry.

Or something else was lingering around and hungry, Maybe an animal of sorts hunting her, in which would also be odd since she had barely heard animals stomach grow before, It was jarring considering the almost dead quiet aside from maybe the wind.

So with so far everything seemingly clear Judith would go back to her quiet study of plants of this area, Since it seemed maybe it was just happen stance.

Even the most friendliest soul was clueless sometimes, Having the mind of her just wanting to study plants, But she still could not help that maybe that was a sign she really did not need to ignore.

Just how long did she just go out her business? It was a magical thing to ponder. It would be with in a few minutes Judith could not help but be curious about if that sound of growling stomach was some one else, After all she did assume she was not crazy.

So whatever way she heard the sound of something close by, Judith would be walking towards it. Quietly mind you since she did not think there was anything to talk too, Since might be a bit of a worry considering she did not know event remotely what could be lingering around, After all she did not know anything about Iceberg before showing up here.

#4Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:06 am

Decima
A flutter of noise pulled at her attention. Nadine was aware that making loud noises was a bad idea while hunting, but for now it seemed that her luck was turning around. The noises were the flapping of wings as several pheasants took to the air nearby. If the demi-human was a religious person she would have uttered a prayer of thanks, but instead she could only feel her mouth water at the sight of food. Immediately she raised a hand up facing a palm towards the flock thinking only of savoring the taste of roasted pheasant.

A magic seal, part blue and part green, formed in the air in front of her hand. From the seal a small pillar of pressurized water and bramble vines shot out towards Nadine’s prey. The attack struck two of the pheasants as they tried to escape. The battered birds fell helplessly to the ground, crashing near the original commotion they had been running from: a short woman with pale hair quietly moving through the woods.

“Yes!” cheered the demi-human as she watched the pheasants fall behind some bushes. Nadine quickly ran through the bushes to claim her kills, tearing through the thin branches and leaves with her hands. Her eyes were focused downwards as she looked for the birds without stopping her frantic pace. She spotted one, and quickly snatched it off the ground. Hungry eyes searched for the other, but when she saw it had fallen near someone else Nadine skidded to a stop.

She stared in disbelief at the woman with pale hair for a long moment before looking around to see if there were more people. She didn’t see any, but she was on guard now. Straightening her posture slowly the demi-human’s tail thumped the ground irritably. As her stare returned to the other woman the surprise on her face changed to suspicion.

“Bonjour,” she greeted in Minstrese with a skeptical tone of voice before switching to a more common language, “I didn’t expect to see anyone else out here. You are a long walk away from civilization, no?”

#5Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Judith Karlinius
So alas Judith finally had a look at what seemed to be roaming. Nadine was meet with a normal peaceful smile upon her greetings. To anyone else this would be normal Judith but since she was just meeting this one person."I do not have a single clue what that single word meant, But Hello and Greetings."Assuming it was actually a harmless greeting much like Judith just gave Nadine, Judith also was not type to hold back her honesty with mentioning she did not understand that, she had not heard that language before even remarking."However, It was a lovely sounding word, From an interesting sounding language."

But at least Nadine would get an answer to her wonder."It is fairly far away from most people, However things left not touched by people, Always have the most interesting of plant life, So in my free time I sneak around other parts of the world and search for them."So with out even asking why Judith was here, the demi-human already learned why.

Weather this bother her greatly or not, Did not seem to be a worry upon Judith's mind."Alas in the end, My worry of trouble being out alone, Did not yield anything life endangering."At least Judith assumed Nadine was entirely harmless to her.

But Judith also might be a seeker of plants but also trying to find out what in which was behind that got her to stop searching."However, I am seeking out a noise that was the sound of growling stomach, Thinking it might have been something dangerous."Judith had not put the piece together yet if it was the case, Either because she had not considered it was as simple as it could be, Or in thought because she had not been in these frozen lands long, It could be something risky to her.

"Not that I feel I should be too worried, I could be done soon and return to a warmer area."This however might be a benefit to Nadine since it could lead to food and warmer weather. Then again it most likely would even more apparent with."By the time I return to where i am staying, I will most likely have to cook something to eat and warm up."Would this be it? would Nadine take a chance with a small pale lavender haired woman she met in the cold weather in the middle of who knows where? it was an interesting thing to ponder.

#6Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:50 am

Decima
The woman’s initial reply was surprisingly polite. Manners were an uncommon thing out in Iceberg’s wilderness where tribals ran free. It was a safe assumption then that this stranger was not a raider, but that didn’t mean she was not dangerous.

“It is a Minstrese greeting,” admitted Nadine, “I would be surprised if someone understood it this far North.”

She listened attentively, and with a wary stare as Judith explained her reason for being here. It was an innocent reason to be in such an untamed land. Still, the amount of talking the stranger was doing was disarming, and distracting. Again she looked around to make sure no one was trying to sneak up on her, only for her narrowed eyes to return a skeptical look at Judith. This was a strange encounter indeed.

However, Nadine found herself nodding in agreement when Judith spoke about the plant life here. With her free hand Nadine gestured to her poncho, grown from nature with magic to resemble the greenery around them.

“There are a lot of plants here you might find interesting, then. Resilient and hardy, like this country. But, there are dangers here. Wild beasts. Wild people. And worse.”

By then Nadine had decided that the older woman was not an immediate threat. As Judith talked about searching for a noise the demi-human moved forward, eyeing the second pheasant that had fallen closer to the pale haired woman.

“I am the ‘something dangerous’ that you are looking for, then,” she said as she walked forward to pick up the dead bird. As she did so her stomach growled again, making Nadine smirk and shake her head. What bad timing. “Am I dangerous to you? Maybe, but you’re not something I want to eat.”

As Judith offered a warm place to stay and food to eat, the demi-human walked a slow circle around the older woman, studying her. When she returned to her original spot Nadine stood in place, raising a brow curiously.

“That’s a kind offer. Careful, I may eat you out of house and home,” joked Nadine with a teasing smile showing off her sharp teeth. Holding her pheasants by their necks in one hand she then lifted the birds up. “I can’t wait, so I’m cooking these here. You’ll have time to continue your research while I eat, and after you’re finished I’ll leave the woods with you. I do know a little nature magic if that’s any help, and if you find another ‘something dangerous,’ I can help with that, too. That’s a fair arrangement, I would think.”

She then extended a hand towards Judith for a shake feeling less suspicious of the other woman.

“I’m Nadine Archambault. Try not to get eaten while you’re exploring; friendly company is hard to find out here.”

#7Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Judith Karlinius
And thus now Judith had learned a new thing to day."That would be the first time, I have heard such a greetings, Then again aside from here, I have not really ventured outside of Magnolia."And now it would be a continual cycle of learning more about people. Judith seemed, Fearless about meeting the person she was around, Knowing entirely how unnerving it was when this happen, Judith never cared because she knew, Judith herself was entirely harmless.

Even if it was possible for the four foot nine inches tall nature mage to be somewhat dangerous, Judith was not the type of lady too, It was just how she was. Not that a demi-human lady would understand in the freezing cold of Iceberg. After all they were both standing here most likely fairly cold."I have seen a few, But I have to wonder if they will live through the trip home."Which was a good ponder for at least Judith, Nadine might not worry that much about flowers.

This attempt of humour did make Judith laugh. Both her joke and comment about food."If there is some one who might be able to contend with that hunger, Is a mother who had to feed four children and husband...If anything it would be an interesting trial to attempt."Judith took Nadine's comment of eating her out of house and home, As a challenge would it be one actually to happen?

However what plan seemed logical and reasonable, It give Judith a bit more time and her a chance to eat something to at least tie her over. It showed Judith viewed  Nadine harmless for the moment, Or her better judgment was everyone was actually friendly.

But alas it would just be as they planned."Your arrangement is fair, I will not be too far away  for when you are finished eating."Judith was also thinking about a cup of tea or just sitting somewhere wrapped in a few blankets, to warm up, maybe this idea might not have best in terms of weather for the small woman.

Then again to put the name of the face."I am Judith Karlinus of the guild Fairy Tail. Some the members of my guild call me, The Mother of Fairies."This would be the normal hand shaking part, But it could be better for when they where in more warmer areas. For now, Nadine had her chance to eat away while Judith had a final chance to find some kind of flower and consider take it home.

#8Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:29 am

Decima
She looked at Judith in disbelief when she said where she was from. ‘Magnolia? She came all the way here to look at plants?’ she thought to herself incredulously. This small woman was determined, it seemed. She even wanted to bring samples back home, apparently. Nadine did not doubt that the plants would survive the journey, but this did make her wonder just what Judith was looking for.

Seeing the woman laugh at her joke eased some of the tension in the demi-human’s posture. Judith’s rebuttal was another surprising revelation.

“Is that so? You’re no ordinary housewife to have come this far for plants, so perhaps I am the one who should feel nervous.” Even if she said that Nadine didn’t feel skittish, she did feel out of place suddenly. As if her own wild personality did not belong in these woods while Judith’s calmness was present. For someone who grew up in a rural countryside it was a strange feeling.

“Mother of Fairies. That’s quite the title, and quite the guild, too.” Nadine had heard of Magnolia’s premier mage guild, but Judith would be the first member she met so far. From what she had heard its members were loud and carefree, but this small woman was soft and considerate. Truly, Judith was a mystery to her. She’d nod and step aside before gesturing with her free hand for Judith to pass her. “You go ahead then, Madame Karlinius. I’ll wait here. If you really are trying to bring something home, let me see it before we leave the wilds. I might be able to help with that.”

After Judith would leave the demi-human would lay her two pheasants on the ground before collecting sticks to make a fire and cook her food. She would stay on guard as she ate, though; Mother of Fairies or not the Udgard Wilds were still untamed.

#9Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:09 am

Judith Karlinius
Even if the reality of Judith being this far away and being how she was could be worrying, as it went on and seemed to continue maybe the time she became known as harmless would work out much better. Then again Judith did not seem to notice or worry if she seemed dangerous.

Judith knew one thing at least, She was just that harmless to anyone to seems friendly."And if it isn't the children I raised, The members of Fairy Tail also get food cooked from me, Drinks served from me as well and a clean guild hall to return too."Who would have guessed this is what Judith did, Then again she was somewhere in a cold northern part of the world, With out any huge reason beyond just wanting flowers.

But she did have a more serious reply to her being the nervous one."I might be a mother and a mage. But I promise you I am equally as harmless to you as a common house pet."She could have learned more magic and become a powerful mage long a go, But she choose to go about her life differently and peacefully.

Alas just seemingly going about her business Judith just seemed to already go along with the plan and went off to find flowers.

Given the bit of time needed, Judith so far had not seen many flowers that she would think would live through the trip. Seemingly Judith walks out of sight of Nadine for what seemed like a few minutes, the feeling of how much time had passed was always different between people.

But Judith would eventually return, She did seem to be holding at one flower, In some kind of delight on her face as she returned. So far she seemed safe and like nothing was wrong, If anything was following or wrong Judith was entirely clueless.

#10Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:24 am

Decima
Judith had given Nadine a lot to think about as she went about her cooking. After the fire had been started she grew a small herb bush to season her skewered meat. Most of that she managed to cook over the flames, but due to her hunger she ate some of it raw while waiting. Raw meat had never really bothered her before, and in her opinion wild game was cleaner than farm animals anyways.

‘Warm food. Cold drinks. A cozy place to kick up your feet. Must be pretty nice,’ thought the demi-human to herself as she ate. The idea of being in a guild reminded her of her years of service in the Minstrese navy. Having friends sure did make tough times a lot easier. Running solo as a mage stunted her growth, but Nadine had always been unsure about the politics of guilds. In any case, Judith must be a very capable woman if she could help take care of one.

When the Mother of Fairies returned Nadine had finished eating, wiping away blood from her lips with the back of a gloved hand as she looked to Judith. The other woman seemed happy with herself as she carried a flower back with her. She appeared unharmed, but then Nadine noticed the animal stalking behind the Fairy Tail mage as if investigating her. As the demi-human stood up she glared at the wolf and picked up a small rock off the ground.

“I can’t say if you’re blessed or lucky, but I don’t think your new friend can’t come with us,” said Nadine as she walked between Judith and the wolf. Her tail thumped the ground loudly, but the wolf simply bared its teeth and growled in reply. It was then that Nadine threw her rock at the wolf with all her strength hitting it on the forehead. That seemed to drive the wolf off with a startled yelp. She then turned back to Judith glancing down at the flower she held.

“Found something, huh? Nature always provides. Warm yourself by the fire for now, this will take me a few minutes.” Nadine gestured to the campfire she had made before kneeling down where she was. She placed her hands over the grass as a magic seal appeared below her palms. The rune was colored both green and blue, and as she made circular movements with her hands the ground itself shifted as roots moved to her instructions. It took some time, but soon a circle drew itself in the dirt as the plants continued to pull and shift. Once she was done Nadine dug her fingers into the circle and pulled a bowl-shaped vase from the ground. Roots and vines weaved together tightly like a wicker basket, keeping the dirt and grass contained.

“This should do it. I pulled moisture from the ground into this dirt as well, so it’ll have some nutrients for the trip.” She moved towards Judith before holding out the nature made vase. “Plant it in this, and it should survive.”

#11Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:15 am

Judith Karlinius
So with that, Judith might be clueless and delighted but at least she will still be happy and delighted with the how this all still seemed to work. Was Judith a tasty snack or just a quiet positive minded woman, who had no worry in life at all for how long she had been alive. Nonetheless it was not much to super worry about for a moment, With Nadine's comment Judith only seemed, puzzled so Judith was in fact clueless she was being stalked which was easily guessed. Was it to her benefit really, maybe but risky too, But Judith had some one watching over her this time.

Judith did have an answer to exactly what she said."I guess I could say blessed, Since my magic is called Blessing of Mother Nature."So Judith was also a nature mage just had not mentioned to her right away, As well she was putting that collected flower, into Nadine's hands to do as she stated.

So Judith would just think of it was a blessing."So maybe two ways, I am blessed for the new companion and the flower."So even if the wolf was gone, Judith gained a lower and a company of a demi-human, It was most likely a better situation to be around her anyway. Then again Judith would try to make friends with almost anyone.

Judith would walk over to the fire for a few minutes, even bringing her hands close enough to the fire to warm up, after all her skin was very easily showing signs she was being effected by the cold, because her hands were a different colour having a hue of blue more her normal white skin.

Then well she would continue conversation."My offer for more food, Will still stand."After all Nadine in a sense was looking after and helping Judith so, Now she was getting some what of a thank you.

She just needed to make sure she will be okay. Which was simple since she did not take long to warm up."It should not be too horrible of a travel."Then again travel might be risky since it was colder area of the world it had a small chance of Judith being slower with how cold she seemed to be getting in this situation. If anything Judith would only just keep pressed on because she was either stubborn, stupid or determine. Maybe a combination of any of them.

Nonetheless it was a good start to the adventures of Judith and Nadine. The tiny mother and the taller demi-human, So far they seemed to get along for how different they could be.

#12Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Decima
Blessing of Mother Nature. It was another interesting title for an already interesting Mother of Fairies. Again Nadine didn’t know what to think about this encounter, but so far it was pleasant. If they had run into one of the local raiding tribes out here she doubted things would have been so peaceful. Being called a blessing in the form of a new companion made Nadine pause for a moment. She supposed that was true for both of them, and nodded thoughtfully in agreement as she planted Judith’s flower in the wicker vase she had made.

“Oh, trust me Madame Karlinius, I had no intention of turning down your offer. I think it would be a blessing, as you might call it. I haven’t had someone else cook for me out of kindness in a long, long time.” The confession was almost hard to say for Nadine. Solitude did not bother her, especially when she was out in nature. However, companionship was something she was lacking these days. Perhaps it was a lack of her own effort. In any case she felt uncomfortable admitting that all the same.

“We can leave whenever you’re ready.” With Judith’s flower secured for the journey Nadine offered the wicker vase to the other woman to hold. So long as the flower itself wasn’t crushed she was confident that it would survive all the way to Fiore. As she held out the vase she noticed the wedding band on Judith’s right hand.

“Do you ever regret that?” The question itself was vague, but Nadine’s eyes stayed locked on Judith’s ring.

“Probably not if you are the Mother of Fairies, with the Blessing of Mother Nature magic. I’ve never really considered something like that myself. I always preferred being out in the woods and countryside looking for the next big hunt. Not really an environment for a family.”

#13Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:26 am

Judith Karlinius
So it was at her ready, As well as still being able to cook for some one else, In some manner everything lined up perfectly in the manner Judith would be happy with. At least with one part of this conversation Judith would openly admit in some manner, at least one thing."Well, Then if that is the case. Then allow me to fix that situation."Not much would need to be altered in her current plans with food, maybe just add in a bit more meat for the company who seemed to either enjoy or need more meat then her.

And with that Judith seemed to already go and start walking towards the direction she came. With now the magic wonderful question about marriage."Short answer, No."It was good to clear that out of the way quickly, Given her entire life that kind of built up was always a manner of up and down as always."I do not carry many regrets for marrying, I have built a wonderful life with what all has happen, no matter the ups and down life give you."It was a light answer, Only because it was simple question with out asking details.

Then again, maybe she needed to continue in some manner, for her walking company seemed to carry some kind of lingering doubt. Even if her next words were easily highly debatable."Keeping in mind, Even if you  seem to carry a lingering doubt on such ideas, I believe each person will find the right partner in their life eventually."Which that was just Judith's positive nature most likely just being herself.

The idea and even mention."Given your case, It might not exactly be the easiest to find a sitting partner right away, But I am sure there is something fitting."She would avoid mentioning even knowing some one personally she who quietly lives in the woods alone and just quietly lives his life.

She was still tempted too, but for now other things might need to be said."More of the question is how  it will happen, Since you can never figure out when you will meet that person, For that is never easily figured out."It was the small starting basics about that, Was greater detail could be needed eventually.

#14Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:01 am

Decima
“Thanks,” replied the woman softly, appreciating the effort Judith would go to feed her. Having been responsible for her own hunger for the past couple years had made her reconsider living alone. It wasn’t as pleasant or as easy as she thought it would be. Once the Fairy Tail mage started walking Nadine would walk beside her.

The demi-human sent a puzzled stare to the older woman at her initial answer to the marriage question. Judith was very confident in that brief answer! Then Nadine’s expression eased into thoughtful contemplation as the other woman continued to talk. Her eyes stared forward as they walked to keep watch over things while hiding her thoughts. So Judith did have some if very few regrets, having ups and downs as she called it. That was to be expected, but it was nice to hear that the downs had not derailed her marriage.

When Judith called out Nadine’s self doubt the taller woman quietly scoffed, her sudden and forceful exhale becoming a visible mist in the cold air. The gesture was not in disagreement, but instead slight embarrassment.

“Is it that obvious? I thought my concerns were pragmatic, but you do not hold punches,” said Nadine in an amused tone, chuckling at the end. Maybe there was doubt in herself or the idea. She had never really had to think about that before, but Nadine was not getting younger, either. Judith also believed there was someone for everyone. Perhaps that was true, too.

“You have a very optimistic view on this matter, but you also sound very experienced in it as well. The ‘who’ and ‘how’ parts, I think it’s best not to think too hard on them. Perhaps you are right, and it is all inevitable. Why worry yourself if that’s the case.” The topic was both simple and complicated at the same time. Everyone was different, and everyone had different circumstances in their lives. This was honestly more thinking than what Nadine had expected from her original question, but she was willing to continue the conversation. Hesitantly she would ask her next question, keeping her gaze forward.

“The person who gave you that ring… If you had somehow hurt them, how would you deal with that?”

#15Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:36 am

Judith Karlinius
This is the part were the mother in Judith would be much more apparent."I have been on this earth for over 60 years, Even if I may not look like it."She was trying to word it in a way that did not seem dragging or nagging."Raising children, You learn the in's and out's of how a person can feel form body language, Even sometimes words."Age already did interesting things to a person, Even if had a personal example."Considering I had a daughter a bit taller then you, who had emotions a lot more withdrawn than yourself, I had to figure out how to read what troubles her."

It was the best example."This was daughter who was in the rune knights,Fairy Tail,Empyrean Divine one other guild, Fought demons, Wore fairly heavy plate armour and was a fair balance between magic and using a sword."The contracts between mother and daughter in Nadine's view might be interesting to ask, But there was still a point to all of it, Which she was getting too sometimes the set up was important.

"So to learn to read such a stubborn child, Is something that took time."It was one she had mentioned having more then one, But it was just her best example. So thus as they continued on their walk, So there conversation did as well."I am blunt, fair and honest. For i expect the same from others as well."Nadine was just around a person who was able to put the pieces together, Even then she was far too friendly to so many things with her way of figuring things out.

It was a ponder she were Judith had to wonder for a moment."I stand by that belief, After all if I who was a hermit living in the woods alone, Can find some one to marry, Surely some one else could."Maybe also Judith's outstanding positive nature could help, But it was all in the end the matter of fate.

Then well she had to ponder aloud."You are trying to learn more about my husband Nadine?"She would not out right avoid the question, However Judith sounded super curious, For it was not one normally asked when it comes to partners."If you are clever way to go about it."It was an uncommon question.

Before Judith would answer the question she would pull out a key from her sleeve,Because they were at the building she was staying out, Time must have passed a fair amount, Thus opening the door."From Experience, the right person will stick with you through everything if it logically resolvable."

Opening are closing her hands to make sure they were not frozen stiff."I have a horrible problem if allowing Guilty to easily linger and burst out, So depending on the situation, My husband has to deal with me crying on him and apologizing."It sounded childish, However since Judith seemed like a strange woman it was also followed up by."Eventually after words are expressed and hugs are exchanged, We move on, For what kind of life we have together, We are both far to old to date again."They were simple people, Judith was also an easy woman to forgive as well, Since seemingly anything she could do would not be that horrible.

After closing the entrance behind her after Nadine and here were inside, Judith seemed to already go about to getting any means of heat going."My husband, Is the type of man to shrug a lot of small things off, If it something that truly hurts him emotionally, It is not beyond him to no longer talk to the person at all."So if anything her husband was the harsher one to deal with, Weather or not he joined Judith on this trip she never did mention, After all seemingly she came here alone.

#16Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Decima
When Judith hinted at her own age Nadine turned her head to give the older woman a disbelieving stare. Over sixty?! Saying she did not look that old was an understatement! The demi-human wondered if it was magic, good genes, or top notch healthcare that kept her looking so young. Maybe all three? She didn’t interrupt though as Judith talked about children, and her daughter.

The description of Judith’s daughter was surprising. It was easy to discern how different the two might have looked standing next to each other. Nadine wondered if her daughter inherited her father’s traits more. In any case the demi-human nodded attentively as Judith continued talking.

“Blunt, fair, and honest. That is a respectable policy,” admitted Nadine with another nod. “I’ll do my best to return the courtesy. From all the years of raising your daughter, it sounds like you’d know if I wasn’t being genuine, so it’s best not to hide. You are too cunning for me, Madame Karlinius.” She chuckled softly and shook her head. This was not how she had thought her day would go, being given life advice from a Mother of Fairies out in the middle of the woods. “Your daughter sounds like an admirable person, though. You must be very proud of her. A skilled fighter and accomplished mage. You’ll have to tell me more about her some time.”

She did not expect to hear that Judith used to be a hermit as well. However, her curiosity about that would have to wait as they moved onto the topic of Judith’s husband.

“I meant no disrespect,” she was quick to say as she waved a hand dismissively, “but I am curious all the same. If you humor my question I will explain later.” Perhaps that was a weird thing to ask, but Nadine had her reasons. When they came to the building Judith was staying at the demi-human patiently waited before being allowed inside.

She listened carefully to Judith talk about how some problems between her and her husband were resolved. It sounded like what Nadine had expected to hear for the most part. If the relationship was not damaged beyond repair, and if your partner was ‘the one,’ then things would work out in the end.

“A fairytale ending, everything becoming peaceful again. That must be nice.” She remained standing where she was as she watched Judith busy herself. Nadine didn’t want to disrespect her by intruding upon anything. “I only asked because I think seeking forgiveness like that, after I might have done something terrible to someone important, might be impossible for a person like me. Maybe I am stubborn, but it is safer that way for everyone.”

She took off her gloves so they could bask in the warmth of the building, but that also revealed her nails that looked like small claws. There was still dried blood on the sleeves of her jacket from having cut up and cooked the pheasants earlier as well.

“Hopefully one day I will find true inner strength and courage like your daughter. Then I can slay my own personal demons.”

#17Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:17 am

Judith Karlinius
The common ground set in terms of simple understanding, Then again the magical part was it was all fairly simple, Judith carried wisdom to her, But assumed nothing wrong of a person as long as they seemed to keep it friendly. Everyone had their horrible dark ways, Some would speak of them other did not."If you call that cunning, I guess is just a mother knows best thing."She laughed about it so casually.

"It is not anything I view as disrespect."In fact quite interesting to Judith and she would openly admit it."No one ask such a hard question right away, Thus even if unexpected it still was a good question to answer."If anything Judith seemed to find it more interesting. Most likely because the details was expanded upon nicely, If anything Judith would make one thing clear."You can ask any many questions about my husband and I's, I do not mind at all."It seemed if anything Nadine had a rather understanding conversation partner.

Judith's easy going nature was helpful here. Then again her husband was not here to say much. So when her next ponder was mentioned, Judith figured it was better to use a more personal example."Seeking forgiveness is never the difficult part, It is always the other party you are seeking it from that is difficult."Which she would lead into an example of her life to maybe see if her point could be made."When my oldest son went insane, Killed his wife and daughter, he sought forgiveness for many years. Where as I gave it to him even if still sadden, My husband chose not too."It was an example of how each person was different."Even if many years a go, My husband is yet to move on from it."It did seem personal but horrid events were normal of life.

After warming up a bit Judith just seemed to already be heading towards starting to cook."My daughter did not manage her emotions and struggled with her personal ones still, She did actually fight and slay demons."So maybe that comment was taken in a bit differently by Judith or well she was just being a bit prideful.

But now it was most likely not as importantly in depth and personal."I assume with your nature of being you prefer more meat with your meal, Does the matter of it being cooked need to be specific as well?"Judith seemed to have a plan already set for that too, Just needing that one answer form her.

#18Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:58 am

Decima
Mother knows best. That line made Nadine chuckle, as her own mother had liked that saying as well. Maybe it was just something all moms used. Still, she couldn't deny the validity to that saying. She was also glad that she hadn't offended Judith for asking such a heavy question about her and her husband. The pale haired woman was very patient even with strangers. Nadine wondered where that patience came from but put the question on hold as Judith tried to use a personal example to relate to the demi-human's question.

The story of the woman's oldest son was a tragedy. Nadine had the stomach to tolerate a lot, but hearing this hit too close to home for her. Her golden eyes looked away from Judith as her jaw clenched anxiously.

“Being forgiven really is the hardest part, yes. My condolences to you and your family. That is exactly the kind of situation I'm hoping to avoid causing.” Nadine sighed as her wandering eyes found a chair. She picked it up and placed it near where Judith was working, but in a place where it wouldn't get in her way. She faced it backwards towards the other woman before sitting down, leaning forward on the backrest with her arms as her tail rested on the floor. She was still avoiding eye contact. “I hope your son is doing better these days.”

When Judith mentioned her daughter again Nadine finally looked back to her. Hearing the other woman talk about her daughter like that put a small, but pleasant smile on the demi-human's lips.

“You're right to be proud of your daughter. She sounds like she grew up to be a fine woman, even if she is a little stubborn,” she said with a soft chuckle. “The world needs people like her, strong people.” Judith's family tree had a lot of stories to tell. Honestly, even with the sadness Judith's son had brought upon them, having a family sounded a little fun to Nadine.

“Ah, yes if it wouldn't be too much trouble?”  answered Nadine when asked if she'd like more meat. Still in her chair she leaned slightly to the side trying to peek around Judith to see what she was making. “I have no preference on how it's cooked either. Mother knows best,” she said with a chuckle.

#19Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:28 pm

Judith Karlinius
It did also pain Judith, Just seemingly keeping her emotions in check and had been able to come to terms with it a long time a go."He is living in the forest areas of Magnolia alone, hunting animals and living in nature alone, He has made a place for himself to live alone, Lingering upon his own regret."It was not exactly the best sounding status update of him, Just that he was alive and exists still."As it could be sadden and I have come to terms with it, I do spy on him to check up on him."Which might not be a shock, She the caring soul never seemed to let go, However maybe that was a lingering of something that could be also risky.

"I will avoid asking what situation you are in where you feel it is the same fate as my son Regis, For I do not wish to pry,I am wise. However I can not predict whoever you are seeking forgiveness from for I do not know them myself."Judith seemed to make sure also, to show that it was okay for Nadine to keep things to herself if she had wanted too, For it was understood various things where bleak subjects, Judith only did not mind for it was just her nature to show her own life's dark and brighter times. It made her point clear and define.

To Judith in her exact words."Each of my them have something I am proud of them for, Even if they have their flaws, It is just how you learn to the balance to allow yourself to enjoy life."With that Judith would start taking out normal cooking supplies: Frying pan, A large chef's knife, cutting board, A few packages of meat some vegetables.

And she would be seemingly take her time to chop the vegetables."And here I had considered at least cooking to more of the rare side myself, But I could always see how it ends up by the time I am done."It was a good question to what Judith was cooking, However she seemed to not be paying attention to what Nadine was doing, So if she wanted to peek at Judith cooking she could.

if looked upon, Side from the knife and cutting board. Judith had a kind of meat red in nature, a red,white and green onion, a small amount potatoes, salt, pepper. With a small sack containing more things that Judith most likely had carried all of these things in. She was just looking at what she was doing in front of her, To ensure she did not cut her hand as well making sure all of the pieces she cut were even.

#20Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:28 pm

Decima
It made sense to hear that Judith's son was living the rest of his life alone for now in the middle of the woods. It was similar to what Nadine was doing, although she had not hurt anyone yet. Finding out that Judith checked in on her son from time to time was comforting to hear, as well. Even in his isolation he was not alone.

“Your son had the strength to live with his regret. You've raised strong children, Madame Karlinius,” said Nadine with a nod, “and as for myself, I have yet to ask for forgiveness, because I have not hurt anyone that I care about. Not yet. You answered my question about you and your husband, and I said I would explain myself so I will. That is fair.” As Judith started to cook Nadine would watch from behind curiously, although her eyes would always stray back towards the packages of meat.

“You already heard my stomach growling in the woods when we meet. Hunger is my burden, and always has been. I don't know if it's because I'm a demi-human, or a mage, or both, but there are times when I get hungry enough to consider bad ideas. Very bad ideas.” With her arms resting on the backrest of the chair Nadine leaned forward to rest her chin on her arms with a sigh. Her expression was tired, but it was nice to talk about this every now and then to someone who would not hold too much judgement.

“My mother used to keep me well fed as a child, but when I got older and left to live my life I was arrogant. I served eight years in the Minstrese Navy chasing pirates and protecting the coastline. I would board enemy ships and help subdue the crew, but people would rarely surrender peacefully. Several times when I felt I was starving, I bit people during fights.” Nadine chuckled softly as she shook her head. Her eyes were no longer staring at the meat, but looking far off into the past.

“The arm. The shoulder. The throat. With the adrenaline and my mind in battle mode, my body moved on its own, and my body was hungry. The man I bit in the throat? He did not survive.” She would become quiet for a minute, contemplating her memories and thoughts.

“I've eaten parts of people. I don't remember if I liked the taste. I don't want to remember. That's why I stay by myself mostly, like your son does. The hunger never goes away, it just gets quiet. If I were to marry...” She sighed and shook her head.

“Well, to put it plainly, I don't think I will marry.”

#21Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:42 am

Judith Karlinius
What does one say here? It was an interesting ponder. Anything typical might be not really needed. To fear before action was in some manner needed, But dangerous as well if left unattended from the thought of control."I understand your view."Well considering her understanding of life it seemed it was logical that Judith would understand as well. The only notable chopping sound, Since she seemed to listen to Nadine talk.

If anything Judith started to wonder if she viewed herself, as a horrid killing machine with a never ending hunger. Was there a way around it? most likely, Did Judith know that answer, Nothing easily guessed that she would figure out to help Nadine with that reality.

After a fair amount of time, Judith seemed to move on from cutting vegetables, She was starting to prepared the meat for cooking, walking over to that bag of wonders of hers digging out some spices to season some of the things she had prepared. Even if Judith for the most part had been quiet, it seemed like she had taken her time to come up with answer."Forgive the almost seemingly vague and almost pointless question, What you attempted to learn alternative ways to control such hunger rather then endless consuming?"It was the closest thing Judith could admit to asking a stupid question, However sometimes people had not considered actually thinking about it.

So she had asked that. It might be rough to ask that question to some one who just admitted to eating people on a battlefield during fights."Desire in a primal nature could be easily turned away in some manner if you figure out an alternate thing to do to keep the mind busy."It was some kind of suggestion, In seemingly motherly knowing does not span that far when you where human you entire life.

With her last comment Judith just said."Do keep in mind, even with the lingering danger you seem to know you have, You should not consider that idea that you will be alone forever, The answer to in which how is left to how fate chooses partners."With that Judith seemed to be places the meats she had on heat to start cooking them, The smell would linger in the air with the mixture of seasoning and red meat would start, Then Judith seemed to be peeling potatoes to start chopping them. Seemingly all of what she was doing might be coming together.

#22Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:51 pm

Decima
[Beginning of guild posts as Sleeping Calamity member; sorry Mama Judith!]

“That’s not a pointless question, and sometimes I wonder if others can think of different solutions. So hearing any ideas you might have  is still valuable to me.” She sat up in her chair when she noticed Judith taking spices out of the mystery bag, making a silent game out of guessing what was what. She could smell them from her seat. As a cook and nature mage things like that easily got her attention. “I’ve been experimenting with plants over the years, and I’ve found a few specimens that help. Certain leaves that I can boil, smoke, or eat. Some suppress hunger. Others are like narcotics, and cloud my mind to where I don’t think about food.”

Judith was trying to be helpful, and Nadine appreciated that. However, the demi-human smiled and shook her head even if the other woman wasn’t looking.

“It is a very basic urge, yes. Primal, like you say. But, it is like an itch from having a splinter in your finger. The more you try to ignore it, the more annoying it is. It’s best to take care of it immediately, but sometimes it can’t be helped. Like how we met earlier, and how I would not leave until I ate the pheasants.” Mentioning the birds reminded her of the dried blood on her jacket sleeves. She removed her jacket and rolled it up to avoid dirtying Judith’s things, and placed it in her lap. The older woman’s words were something to contemplate.

“You’re a very kind woman, and I am not saying you are wrong. However, I am fine with having just friends for now. If that changes later, so be it.” Listening to the meat sizzle over the heat and smelling the aroma filling the kitchen was making Nadine’s mouth water. Involuntarily, her stomach growled again, although it was softer than the time it happened in the woods. She chuckled and sighed.

“Don’t worry, that was just a reaction to your cooking. I am still in control.”

#23Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Judith Karlinius
It always showed Judith was more then this tiny mother let one, She was a person always seeking solutions and figuring out problems. So she has been trying, Given a primal aspect of the mind, this might not be as simple as she seemed."So that rules out anything my magic could cover then, Teas or various other plants might not do it."It was that Judith seemed to be considering how else to go about it while she was still able to focus on her cooking.

It did still showed Judith was thinking on it. It was a great mystery for her."I would have to do some research on what else could help in the situation, I am not where near any books I would normally read to such a needed time."It almost made Judith sound determine to solve this problem because she understood how this person was trying to deal with her problem.

For now other things would continue."Do keep in mind, I am not your mother nor will I ever tell you to rush into anything you can not handle."Which this part is what made Judith the normal reasonable adult she had been the entire time, Even if she was a caring loving mother."I can only suggest so much and help in what I believe is best."Nadine was still an adult and needed to do things how she pleased. Judith knew that entirely.

So with that she simply just said."You will need to allow things to work on as well, Even if some things might need more attention right away."Which was what Judith would consider the best view."Even now, You could consider me a new friend."Judith attention and being sure everything was working in a timely fashion was just her normal working.

Everything here would be what she would consider perfect for the moment, So she was start cooking the onions, the rest of the vegetables and started mashing the potatoes."I am sure to having three to four small ones watching me eat, So one drooling is not all that bad."It was her just turning the meat to the other side.

So with that Judith finished frying the onions and making the mash potatoes."I am sure if anything worrying were to happen, I could react in time."Yet again Judith seemed not overly worried about it.

#24Decima 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:50 am

Decima
The mention of books made Nadine tilt her head to the side curiously. She knew she couldn’t be the only person with this kind of problem, and that it might be well documented somewhere. The woman hummed softly in thought.

“I haven’t tried books yet. Heavy reading makes me sleepy, though,” admitted Nadine with a smirk. “I spoke to a doctor about it before, back when I was in the navy. He said that my body was acting normally, but processing nutrients at a faster rate. Other than eating more, he wasn’t sure if there was anything to fix? That’s why I’ve been dealing with it this way.”

Hearing Judith say she was not her mother made Nadine laugh softly, amused by the comment.

“No, you are not my parent, Madame Karlinius, but that does not mean your thoughts are unwanted. This problem has always been a work in progress, and I will continue to try and deal with it appropriately. I’m glad to have the Mother of Fairies as a friend, truly.” If Judith gave anything to Nadine, it was hope. That was not something she had anticipated finding in the Udgard Wilds. Again, the older woman made her laugh, this time at being compared to a drooling child. Her wit was sharp, Nadine would give her that. What Judith said about stopping Nadine if anything worrying happened, though? That made the demi-human’s brows raise up in surprise.

“At this distance, you could stop me?” asked Nadine out loud, voicing her thoughts. “You don’t seem to be lying, either. That’s a confidence that is well earned, I’m sure.” Physical strength was something Nadine had a lot of. For such a small lady to not be worried about being overpowered, that made Nadine very curious. She assumed Judith learned some kind of defensive tricks from her guild.

“Did you receive some kind of training from your guild? What’s Fairy Tail really like? I have heard stories about it, but you are the first fairy I’ve met so far.”

#25Judith Karlinius 

And Just How Did One Get Here?(Open Social.) Empty Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:54 am

Judith Karlinius
She seemed to pause her thoughts for a moment, Maybe that was the case. Even remarking."So your metabolism might be one of dangerous things to control along with primal animal instincts."Judith seemed to understand the deadly mixture in a good way. It seemed to make some gears turn in Judith's head while she was taking in all that was just presented to her.

"I am unsure if any medications that act as a apatite suppressant could help with your case, But it might be a good idea to look into."There was more then just medication that could do such a task, But it was just the first thing in her mind and she seemed to keep it open ended for that reason.

When that Question was posed to her Judith almost seemed to not answer, She seemed to be plating the meal. With cooked red meat, Mashed potatoes and various grilled vegetables. Judith even going as far as to have a small container for gravy too.

But she was not leaving it unanswered."In reality, You could can kill me with out a problem, I could very little but delay and flee."If anything Judith was out right admitting the truth of the matter to Nadine."Delay, Heal and Flee are entirely my options if it were truly the case, I just highly doubt it was needed."No mention in vast detail how she could.

However this next phrase might be almost unnerving."However, Given my time upon these land and how long I have lived. I do not fear death or any one killing. For I have expected it long ago."She explained this as she as picked up the plate that would be Nadine's meal, It was fairly larger then the one Judith made for herself.  With well larger serving of meat like she had a feeling was needed.

Before eating herself her final remark to add upon what she just said."I have stared many deadly things in the face and walked away..To fear something that comes for everyone is pointless."It almost felt like you feel a bleak line of blunt reality would be painted across the conversation.

Only just for a moment."However, personal views aside, Come enjoy. It will be something pleasant with in the coldness of iceberg."Judith acted like she had not just casually mentioned staring death in the face and no longer feared it anymore.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum