Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

#51Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:09 pm

Vivi Ramstein
That got Vivi to laugh. She knew it wasn't as funny as a real joke, but something about the way he said it was rather ironic. She shook her head with a bit of mirth and smiled as she looked down at the floor. The water streamed down her back and over her head, dripping down from her hair which hung over her face like a wet dog's. She remained unperturbed by the look and seemed completely enraptured by the conversation itself. It was rather nice to simply have a conversation, to not have it focused on anything but a connection serving them both. She liked the comfort that came with just being alongside Manzo. He kept things simple and didn't ask much of her.

"Sometimes I sleep on the ground," She admitted. "I am not always able to find a hotel or an inn to stay at while I am on the road. Though I have been sleeping in a bed as of late. I feel as though the beds there are not much better than the ground though. Perhaps I should start sleeping on the floor instead, that may serve me even better to at least have a familiar surface."

She looked up at him. "I try not to think about it too much. I prefer not to complain about the situations I find myself in. If I want to change something about it then I will do so. It is much easier than hoping someone else will do it for me."

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Vivisi10
#52Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:25 pm

Manzo

In his many travels he had never found himself sleeping on the ground. Ever since coming to the country, he had become quite the city boy. Which if his mothers could see him now would think that it was quite the shame they didn't get a chance to raise him. Because of that fact, he was raised by a branch family which meant he was raised in the outdoors setting. Which meant he didn't have much of a love for it upon growing up.

So once he got to the big cities he was completely smitten with soft sheets, hot meals, and of course the women. Though he tried to be a good boy in those situations. "Well if it's any consolation, you can sleep in a nice bed tonight if you'd like." He said with a chuckle. He was completely joking of course, but he did worry she might not take it in such a way.

His eyes still closed at this point, which of course was out of courtesy to the woman across from him, not wanting her to think he simply wanted to ogle her curvaceous body all wet like it was. He always tried to be a gentleman, though it was hard sometimes, though he was proud of the fact that he was able to keep his hands by his side.

Keeping one's hands to themselves was a lovely way to make sure to avoid going to prison. Or getting sucker punched. The latter wasn't so much of a concern, but wandering hands will be the end of any man.

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 LGnxHvk
#53Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm

Vivi Ramstein
"I would hardly refer to it as a consolation." She flipped her hair back over her face so she could actually set to cleaning herself up. After all, she had been in the dirty rain and muck all day. Making sure she received a good and deep scrub was rather important to make sure she wouldn't be dealing with any unwanted issues later on. A clean body was, after all, a healthy body. If nothing else, Vivi did pride herself on being a healthy and well cared for woman. Even if she did sleep under a tree on the side of a dirt road at times, she cared for herself better than most people might even feel inclined too. Illness was a weakness she could ill afford to be afflicted with even on the best of days. In fact, she hadn't been sick since she was just a child.

"It seems more like a kind offer. One that I would be happy to accept. I'm not sure I could find my way back to my hotel in the dark." She gave Manzo a nod of thanks as well as a careful smile over her shoulder. "I appreciate the kindness you've shown me. It is not so often that I am treated to such hospitality, especially in a city I am unfamiliar with."

She didn't go into further detail. She had been treated with far more hostility in other places before. Given her line of work and her tendencies, it was not a very shocking matter to her. She had broken bones where she needed to and caused a racket elsewhere too. She had no qualms about herself or her work. But it did make her stays interesting at times. She had been met with open threats at some places she had stayed in. But it did not bother her any.

#54Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:25 pm

Manzo

Manzo took a step forward and began to help her with the process of washing herself. Making sure he covered her backside with plenty of suds to get her nice and clean to say the least. It was the least he could do for someone in her position, well maybe he was doing a bit more than most. Though he did always believe in going the extra mile, even for strangers.

He would wash down the arch of her back quite slowly and methodically. Wanting to take his time and make sure she was sparkling by the time she got out of the shower. Though something that she said he did find quite odd to be completely honest.
He didn't understand hostility toward non humans. Perhaps it was because he didn't see himself as human either.

"Think nothing of it, I'm sure you'll find a way to pay me back." He said teasingly as he continued the detail work on her back, making his way down to her buns, but always keeping his eyes forward, making sure to only look at the tile wall of the shower.

"Besides, it's hard out there for a dark guild mage. Even if you yourself have done nothing wrong, you'll always be judged by the stigma." He said as he leaned down to the back of her thighs and making sure to get them clean as well.

He preferred to give everyone a fair shake in life. No one's situation was the same. He was also in position to judge. He had done his fair share of misdeeds.

#55Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:22 pm

Vivi Ramstein
She didn't flinch at his touch or his words. She'd made her acquiescence to him clear, she didn't feel any sort of concern about what he might do. If he intended to harm her or to take advantage of her, he surely could have done so on his own terms at any point within the last several hours. She could easily tell that he was a man capable of feats well beyond her talents, and she had no intention of making an enemy of someone who could, possibly, kill her with a glance. By sheer logic, it wouldn't make any sense to fear him. If he wanted to harm her he could, and if he chose to he could have done so before. So why worry?

"That title carries so much stigma," She returned. "It makes me sound so vile and full of hatred. I think it has something to do with the propaganda the government likes to spew out to make sure that people always remain afraid of us." She shrugged her shoulders. "I do what feels right for me. I think that's fitting enough."

She scrubbed her hair down hard. Digging her fingers down into her scalp, she reached every inch and made sure that each strand was as soapy as could be. She wasn't in the mood for sleeping with a head of hair that smelled like the great outdoors and rainy gutters. Once she was sure she wouldn't miss a spot, she rinsed out her hair and shook it out like a wet dog, surely glancing off of Manzo a time or two. She spat out a few droplets when she was done. "Much better. That should last me at least a few days before I need to do it again."

#56Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:40 pm

Manzo

"There always has to be an enemy, always has to be a struggle, otherwise the government would have no reason to exist." He crept a bit closer to her, wrapping his arms around her waist and scrubbing her abdomen, quite toned at that. He had never seen such a toned core on a woman, he was impressed to say the least.

As he washed down her torso, making sure to wash under her bust, knowing that sweat and dirt did like to pool under such places. He could only assume she would appreciate the gesture and help. If not, he'd have no problem backing off at any time. He just enjoyed the act of washing down someone. It was the most humble and serving thing you could do for another being.

"I personally believe the guilds should govern themselves as well as the regions in which they occupy. But then again, I think I only feel that way due to the strength of my own guild."

It was true though, if the government dissolved, the guilds would be spread too thin to protect everyone. But even then, between the light guilds and government, acts of terrorism and violence still went on. So perhaps it was a lost cause no matter what anyone did. There was only one thing he knew for certain.

No matter the size of the siege, blue pegasus would hold hargeon. No matter the force or the foe. "I feel like we'd be better off with a democratic system, not a monarchy. But even though I say that, I have still come to the aid of royalty on more than one occasion. I'm many things, but a regicide is not one of them."

#57Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:10 pm

Vivi Ramstein
"I don't mind playing the part of the enemy. Someone has to. Someone always has to disagree with the way things are done. We'd live in a perfect society otherwise." She didn't comment on his wandering hands. To do so would be rather unnecessary. Her silence surely stood as a potent enough consent to his touch. After all, she had not proven herself to be anything less than a woman who spoke her mind. If she had an issue with his actions, she would speak up about it. But otherwise, she did not feel that wasting words on making her satisfaction known would make any difference. He knew what he was doing and she knew the same for herself.

She went still and laid her arms against the shower wall. She stood with her back slightly bent and her hips pushed out, hanging her head with a gentle sigh. She closed her eyes and simply went with the moment. Better to be concerned with the present then always looking back or forward. She would miss this otherwise.

"I don't think I care what kind of system we live under just as long as it is one that does what is right for the people." She rolled her shoulders. "This government does not care about strength. It does not teach its people to be strong. A society should award leadership to the strong, then the strong should lift up the weak to make them strong as well. That way, we all grow stronger and our nation does as well."

#58Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Manzo

Manzo couldn't help but find himself nodding his head at her words. For he knew that she spoke the truth. What she had described was what they had envisioned for doing for the south of Fiore with Blue Pegasus at the helm of the region.

In his opinion they had done a fantastic job. But he didn't want to bring up such a thing as if he was trying to recruit her from where it was she considered her home. He knew how he'd feel if he had that done to him. It would have made him furious to be completely honest.

"What we are trying to do here, is create a safe and thriving environment for everyone. Not just in Hargeon, but the whole of the south. I'm sure you noticed all of the banners in your travels."

It began to wash the front of her breasts and chest, allowing the suds to wash over her body as well the shower water to wipe it all away. There was something about doing this for her that just felt good. Not in an erotic sense, but in just a human sense. It made him feel increasingly human, something at times he had struggled with.

"What I learned from the dragon that trained me, and the one I ended up devouring at the end of the day. Was that power always finds a place to raise it's head. History is written by the victor after all."

A sad truth, but it was the reality of all empires.

#59Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Vivi Ramstein
"And the victors tend to be those who have the strength to seize victory from the jaws of death itself." She shook her head slightly. "But in this country, we don't give people the tools to be self-sufficient. We don't encourage the proliferation of magic and might. I try to imagine a Fiore where even a common man can combat the foes that pester him. No more goblins and magic boars harassing farmers. He could handle it himself. He would be strong enough to protect himself and his family. And he should be taught to do so." She looked back at him under her arm. "Then people like us could focus on the real problems that plague this country. And we could solve them too. We wouldn't have to worry every time some damsel in distress stubbed her toe."

She hung her head again and took a breath. She'd spent so much time putting together her thoughts on this before. She'd practically been a modern philosopher on the matter. What would strength mean if everyone could possess some of it? Who would be the strongest? What would be the goal of such a society? She'd considered all of that and found her own answers. The answers that would satisfy her and would seem the most logical. Knowledge was strength as well.

His presence was calming though. She didn't find herself getting riled up like she normally did. She was able to take a breath and remain calm, all the while he was close by. He was closer than most ever really got to be. She didn't mind that. She found it comforting even. But she didn't say it. She never said it out loud.

#60Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:18 pm

Manzo

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for life." She wasn't wrong, but what she was combating was the a long standing tradition in this country of the have and have nots. Especially when it came to magic.

"What we have in this country, is our mages are like a swiss army knife, often times more powerful than the countries standing army. But we prefer to be of the people. Tend to their issues, it's created an economy. Not just for legal guilds either."

He didn't agree with the idea that all of them should relegate themselves to ivory towers, buried in their books. Perhaps they should set up a college of mages, for those who are not thrilled by blood and combat. He was a warrior, found knowledge in the shedding of blood and battle.

He was a simple man to say the least. But very learned also, it was a weird combination for those who know him. He was constantly dabbling in old elven magic. Growing strange magic plants, but perhaps that was more for himself then the betterment of mankind. Perhaps he was selfish in that regard, but anyone could be guilty of such a thing.

He removed his cloth filled hand from washing her breasts and began to work on himself, because at the end of the day perhaps he needed a good wiping down as well. He did work in the kitchen that day, so he had to carry some sort of odor about him.

#61Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Vivi Ramstein
"An economy, sure, but one of suffering." She flipped her hair back and whipped around, leaning against the shower wall still while she looked at him. Her face expressed seriousness even while her posture remained relaxed. She would make a great poker player. A woman with no tells in the right situation. But she did not gamble on things she wasn't sure about. Because of course she didn't. She did her best to look him in the eyes, trying to root out exactly what he was thinking. She knew it was likely futile. She was never the best people reader. But she knew intent. She had been forced to learn that even as a child.

She gestured to him absently. "This country, or rather the people who sit at the top, profit off of the suffering of those who do not have the power to defend themselves. Forget the guilds. I am aware that our jewels come from those who need our services. But those who control the land, or the mines, or the mass farms, or the towns, they profit when suffering is had. If a family dies because of an ogre attacking a village, then the land owner can use the slaying of the ogre as a method to boost his profits when he sells the land to the next family."

She grunted, clearly a bit more frustrated. "I would like it much better if the farmer and his family never needed to die in the first place. But he would need much more than a pitchfork to make that happen."

#62Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:56 pm

Manzo

He began to wash his torso thoroughly as he listened to her speak. While it was a nice dream that it would be better if the family never had to die in the first place. That isn't exactly how nature worked. He being the sage of such things saw nature for what it was. At the end of the day, humans were the new kids on the block expanding into the territory of ancient creatures who had been here far longer than them.

"The Ogre is simply doing what the Ogre must. It feels as though the bipedal apes have encroached upon it's land. The land of it's ancestors, creatures who have been here far longer than we. I find it barbaric to slay the creatures of this land. But I have to eat. I have people in my employ who rely on me. I am the sage of this land. The most enlightened mage in the world of life and death, nature itself. Instead of arming them all with magic, we should have local militia with one mage to ensure their survival in remote places such as that."

That was quite a mouthful, he was not one for words in such quantity. But sometimes the situation demanded such things. She was presenting her opinion, and only felt it fair to do the same thing in response to her. Then again she hadn't asked for his opinion. But on that same not, nor he, hers'.

Though he wondered what exactly was going on in her head. Sure he could use visual prowess to understand that. But where was the fun in that, a seasoned mage taking advantage of such a situation. Truly deplorable in his eyes.

#63Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:38 pm

Vivi Ramstein
"I do not disagree that ogres will do as they will. Their nature is not for us to challenge, and nature is a powerful force. But even wolves do not expect their prey to simply roll over and wait to die." She said it with such certainty and vigor. There wasn't an ounce of doubt in her. She spoke with conviction that it was as if she were speaking the dogma of a religious institution rather than a simple philosophy. And it was simple. It could not get much simpler. It was the law of the jungle. The strong should be on top. But where humanity had perverted that idea into the powerful remaining on top, thus allowing for men and women of landed gentry and corrupt ideals to control the method of governance and currency, she believed only in the strength of the body, mind, and spirit.

Put another way, in an effort to create her ideal world she would not hesitate to kill a nobleman even if it would mark her as a criminal. For the nobleman would have been weaker than her from the start, and his corruption would have served as proof of this. Her act of slaying him would prove her strength and thus mark her as above him, thus would she be fit to rule instead. Of course, she would prefer it not need to be done with so much bloodshed. She would prefer peace. She was not a warbringer. But she would fight for what she knew to be right.

"There is merit in allowing those who have strength to rule. They can protect the people, stave off foes, and bring prosperity. Whether it is through strength of mind, body, or spirit, we all would benefit. For it would be the worthy goal of the strong to then lay the brickwork for the weak to attain strength as well." She smiled. "Imagine a Fiore where any child could learn the gift of magic, or attend the most esteemed university, or master the arts as they chose. We would become a nation of prodigies and prodigals. Led by those who had earned their way to the top. That is what I wish for in strength, Manzo. Can that kind of world measure to a sage's vision?"

#64Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:52 pm

Manzo

"It's a beautiful dream you're weaving. One I hope to live long enough to see become a reality." He said in response to her words of revolution. He had been in the servitude of monarchs and warlords his entire life. Either being chained like a dog to a post, or sicced on people like he were a dog of war.

The truth of the matter is, he wanted to wash himself clean of the blood he found perpetually soaked on him. Be in the rice patties of Joya, or the grain fields of Bosco. He found himself constantly at war in one way or another.

"But regicide rarely ever spawns anything of value. We replace the tyrants, and impose our will on the people, in what we think is best for them. Becoming no different than thought process they perverted in the end."

He then began to clean his lower area while contorting his neck and popping it from side to side. He washed himself with such fervor as if he was covered in something, in his mind every time he set about to bathing his mind went to the dark moments of his life where he would wash himself clean of blood.

"If I have to choose between the lesser of two evils, I'd rather not choose." He said as he walked a bit closer towards her in the shower. His eyes weary of all the choices he was forced to make in his life that cost to much at the end of the day.

#65Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:34 pm

Vivi Ramstein
"I am no warlord," She replied with a soft smirk. "I have no intention of leading a charge across Fiore all the way to the capitol. The last thing I want is to weave a path of destruction that will only cause harm to the people I wish nothing but the best for." She slid down the wall slowly and had a seat on the ground. Once more, she looked like something akin to a horned sheepdog as her wet hair fell across her face and covered her eyes up. She took a few deep breaths while the warm water simply traveled down in rivulets across her skin.

"I do not think I want to kill a king either," She said with a sigh. "It seems like a feat that would have to be attempted by someone far stronger than I. Even if I were to be as strong as you are at this moment, I do not think it would be what I want. But I would prefer to depose the regency. Cast them out onto the streets and let them earn their way back into the good graces of the people. Let them prove their strength. If they are worthy of it then they will reclaim their spot at the top. If not, they can live as everyone else does."

She looked up at him, her eyes still covered. "It seems rather simple the way I describe it, no? Maybe a bit too simple."

#66Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:54 pm

Manzo

"In most scenarios, removing the regency requires an army. A threat to their life. Because without that, they'll just retaliate on the people." It was clear to him that she had done much studies of history. Though she was young, and a bit naïve. But that's okay, life is all about learning and growing, and he knew in his heart that she would one day grow into someone incredible.

Though for now, it seems as though he was destined to rain on her parade, not entirely something he was happy about. Doing things of that nature broke his heart. He didn't want to crush the dreams of others, and revolutionaries especially. Without people like them, the world would have no big thinkers, and what a dull place it would be.

He slipped down onto the floor, directly across from her. Chuckling to himself as he looked upon her hair. She looked a bit like a wet dog, which he found absolutely adorable. But he wouldn't ruin their talk with such little meaningless flirtations such as that. It would put quite the damper on the evening they were having.

It had been such a long time since he had a deep talk like this with anyone. Usually it was the organization of catering events, or how the days fishing had gone. This was a breath of fresh air in comparison. One that he loved to indulge in whenever he could. He hoped she was full of more surprises such as this one.

Teasingly he touched her foot with his own, inspiring a small game of footsey, wanting to see how should would react to such things.

#67Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:15 pm

Vivi Ramstein
She nodded her head. She knew he was right. It was not as if just anyone could march into the royal palace and depose a king. Not even he could do it alone, surely. Odin likely couldn't do it either, not unless he truly did achieve his goal. She knew it was not possible to simply lop off the head of a ruler on one's Sunday stroll. She did not ever think it would be that easy. One would need the support of nations, or at least their own nation, to pull such a feat off. She did not have any of that. But she had often imagined if she did.

What could she do with that much power behind her? With the strength of a nation all rallied at her side. With that kind of following, she could birth any nation she chose. She could conquer the entire kingdom without firing a shot. But it would require everyone to think as she did; to understand her vision as she did. And while Manzo could see the merit in her words, they were inflammatory and not something everyone would be able to see eye to eye on.

So she had to be content with herself. She had to accept that maybe she would be the only one to ever see her vision in the way she meant it. But that was okay. She could live with that.

Brushing her foot up against his in return, she placed her head against the wall. "I suppose we would have to strip them of their ability to do so in that case. Remove their control over the army and the knights. Strip them of their rank. Force them into the same muck and mud as the rest of us far below their lofty towers."

#68Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Manzo

"Could you imagine their reaction to having to touch ground that wasn't covered in carpet." He laughed to himself at the thought of it, brushing up against her foot once more. Keeping the tease up would ease her, of that he was sure. It seemed she was a woman tortured by what she couldn't do, but dream of achieving.

He too had once thought of things such as that. Dreaming of what he wished to become. But tortured by all that he was not. That being the case, he could sympathize. Even though he was a sage, he still felt it odd to basically teach someone his views or try to give them a path to walk down. Even though that's what it is he was called upon to do many times over.

"The path to power is paved in blood. If you've not the stomach for it, then you have no right to rule. Confidence in such things is what makes a man into a god. The people love their gods. While words are often sharper than swords, it is still the sword that comes before the pen." He said as he scooted closer to her in the shower. Feeling that perhaps his aura would be healing to her mind in such talks.

The truth of the matter was, it was a strong man, or force had to shed blood, in order to establish a world of diplomacy, one without war. That being said, the men of this age generally had no desire for words, just for power and women. Though, perhaps a woman, the right woman, could turn the tide to a world in which she dreamed.

#69Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:29 pm

Vivi Ramstein
"Put another way: the only people who should kill are those who are willing to be killed." She had made peace with those words long ago. She was not an unsullied maiden when it came to staining her hands with blood. She had killed before, and if her fate was as she believed it to be then she would kill again. She took no pleasure in it. Life was not something to be wasted. She did not believe that any life was without merit, save for those that had become twisted beyond recognition. She had slain men both good and evil, some to further her goals and some to protect her ideals. She did not remember them, of course. She was not haunted by their spirits. They were obstacles to her. She only regretted that their deaths were necessary. She hated playing the role of judge, jury, and executioner. It did not feel right to her. It even made her feel a bit like the very people she railed against so frivolously.

She slid her foot up his leg, brushing it against his calf. The game was nothing she needed to focus on, it was instinct and reflex. "I don't want to be a god either. When people hear about my goals, they often think that I want to be worshiped like a goddess of war and conquest. But I think if I had a temple built in my name I would be the first to try and tear it down. I do so hate those kind of things."

#70Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:38 pm

Manzo

"As strange as this may sound. I think your talents would be best suited to the pen rather than the sword. Perhaps should take up writing. As odd as it sounds." He said as he scooted closer to her. Rubbing her legs and feet in a massaging manner.

Given how long it was she was on her feet, perhaps she would appreciate that kind of thing. He knew he would if he had been on the path for a majority of the day, or anything like that. She had seemed to be perfectly fine with how he had touched her before, so this way should truly be no different in his mind.

"Your words might even have a larger impact than your actions. It may be something to think about while you're on your journey." While it was true, that often times writers faced their own set of challenges, if she used a false name she could easily escape that.

Though given how she spoke, she'd likely not fear such a thing. He wasn't sure how she'd take his suggestion, but he hoped she would at the very least think about it. He was a bit concerned about the strangers path. Though he couldn't quite pinpoint why that was.

#71Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:51 pm

Vivi Ramstein
Once more she closed her eyes. She took a breath and tilted her head back, catching the flow of water right across her face. She breathed in even in spite of it and simply sat there while he worked on her feet and legs. She could appreciate it. Her feet were tough from all her walking but that didn't mean she couldn't feel all the tension she carried in them. Even with a horse at her beck and call, she walked quite a bit. It fit in with her need to stay in top physical form. Her commitment to that rigorous training regimen of hers was quite serious for a reason.

At his words, she shook her head and even snorted. It was rather funny to her that he would suggest she put pen to paper. She had never even considered it before. But words could certainly inspire and lead people to forming new opinions. Look at the written word of the church and it all becomes quite clear how the process can work when leveraged to its very best. But she was not a priest and she was certainly not an author.

"I am only good at speaking about this one thing," She explained to him. "I am not a speech maker or a writer. All I can do is display my passion on this one subject. I would not even know where to start with writing it all down." She shook her head very slightly. "I would make a poor excuse for a great author. That is why I try to inspire others by my actions rather than my words. They speak far more than I ever try to. It also helps to keep the headaches away. I do so hate crowds that are all clamoring with their thoughts on a matter."

#72Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Manzo

"The great thing about writing is you really only need for your words to get into the hands of someone with the power to craft your vision in society. I've heard for some time now, the winds of change are flowing in Bosco. Might not be a bad place to start."

Truth of the matter, is he was due in the royal court of Bosco in the coming weeks. He had already been summoned to the side of one of their princesses, wanting to claim the crown in the betterment of her people in the past. Though, the current queen of Bosco was a non human sympathizer. Which of course there was nothing wrong with that. She was of course open to the idea of reform.

"Her Royal Majesty Hildegard of Bosco is a non human sympathizer. She believes in the acceptance of minorities, freedom of speech, and the embracing of new ideas. She may be young, but Bosco could be the start of a world wide revolution." He said as he got closer to her even. Now situated between her thighs and stroking her back gently as he spoke.

Allowing the magical aura of himself to seep into her and relax her aching muscles in the best way possible. He was a doctor in regards such as this.

#73Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:40 pm

Vivi Ramstein
"Oh, I think the winds are blowing more towards Oak." She grinned at him. It was a grin that was full of knowledge and just a bit of mischief. It faded as quickly as it came. "I know a man who seems to be possessed of an even greater will to change things than I am. The only thing is, I cannot tell if he is capable of achieving his goals. Regardless, I promised to lend myself to his cause. At least until the point that his cause interferes with mine. But so far, he has not given me any reason to believe that this will become the case."

She did not feel the transference of his power. But she did feel better. Her aches did feel less prevalent and her muscles did relax. She felt almost as if the day had not happened at all and she had simply laid in bed all day nursing herself back to full strength. To her though, it was simply the wonders of what a warm shower and a friendly touch could do to the body.

"I think that is simply how I operate. As long as those I call comrade do not try to halt my goal, I can fight alongside them and for whatever cause they may have." She shrugged. "Perhaps I am a chameleon of sorts. But I tend to skew to the darker side of the law simply because the law does not tend to agree with my methods."

#74Manzo 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:09 pm

Manzo

"I respect that, can't really argue against it either. Other than to say that be careful of those you get into bed with. Metaphorically speaking, of course." Of course that was also a good rule for living in other situations as well. Though he'd be wise to take his own advice in that regard of course.

But he felt as though he had a good enough eye to notice when someone did not have his best interest at heart. But he was also a bit of a hopeless romantic truth be told. If someone was as sly as he was versed in nature, that would be rather awful for him in the long run.

He got up from his position and made his way to the shower door. Feeling as though now was as good a time as any to make his way to the apartment above his shop. It was a quaint little space. But he would of course gauge her feelings on the matter. He did offer her a nice bed to sleep in after all.

But if she was enjoying the shower, he certainly wouldn't rush her from it. Gods only knew how long it would be before she got an opportunity like this again, all truths be told.

#75Vivi Ramstein 

For Want of a Good Meal (Manzo) - Page 3 Empty Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:54 am

Vivi Ramstein
"Metaphorically speaking, of course." The thought did make her laugh, but she didn't spend much time on it. She sat in silence for a time, content with the conversation. In truth, so few people had ever tried to understand her. Very few cared for her words. But Manzo seemed different. He was open in his interest and focused in his intent. It was a pleasant change from the usual manner in which these conversations went for her. She was happy with it. He made her feel a bit better about the whole situation really. She only wondered then just what inspired him to be so different in his nature. What exactly had the man seen?

She followed him out of the shower, fully aware that he would not push her to do so. She followed because she felt satisfied and that was plain to see. Every part of her was relaxed and at ease. The only thing left was to get a bit of rest for herself. After the day she had been subjected to, she could still really use a long bit of sleep to cover all of her exhausted nerves. She'd done enough for one day, she could be satisfied in that.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum