Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Storyline Quest 5-A] The Legend of Ragnarok

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Esperia 

[Storyline Quest 5-A] The Legend of Ragnarok Empty Sun May 02, 2021 9:28 pm

Esperia

It was an understandable question, and for a moment Odin went quiet, perhaps thinking about something of great importance when finally he spoke:

"Fylliz fiǫrvi feigra manna,
rýðr ragna siǫt rauðom dreyra.
Svǫrt verða sólskin of sumor eptir,
veðr ǫll válynd. Vitoð ér enn, eða hvat?"

In response to the words spoken by Odin Esperia felt an odd sensation, a feeling that grew stronger as Odin smiled sympathetically at her and translated the verses for her:
"It sates itself on the life-blood of fated men,
paints red the powers' homes with crimson gore.
Black become the sun's beams in the summers that follow,
weathers all treacherous. Do you still seek to know? And what?"

The words brought a chill down Esperia's spine as Odin clarified further. "It is part of a prophecy a seer once told me. But it is the part that follows that brings the true despair:"

As he took a deep breath the deity continued to speak further:
"Brœðr muno beriaz ok at bǫnom verðaz
muno systrungar sifiom spilla.
Hart er í heimi, hórdómr mikill
—skeggǫld, skálmǫld —skildir ro klofnir—
vindǫld, vargǫld— áðr verǫld steypiz.
Mun engi maðr ǫðrom þyrma."

Of course, aware Esperia didn't speak the language once spoken by the ancestors of the Icebergian people, he continued calmly.
"Brothers will fight and kill each other,
sisters' children will defile kinship.
It is harsh in the world, whoredom rife
—an axe age, a sword age —shields are riven—
a wind age, a wolf age— before the world goes headlong.
No man will have mercy on another."

It seemed Ragnarok would truly be an event that would end everything, a battle that would lead to the destruction of all this beauty, of all this wonder and excitement, the countless possibilities that could be born from this place. "Do you have any idea what would cause Ragnarok?" A sound question, but unfortunately Odin shook his head lightly.

---
WC: 319
Total WC: 319/1800

#2Esperia 

[Storyline Quest 5-A] The Legend of Ragnarok Empty Sun May 02, 2021 9:29 pm

Esperia

"Unfortunately, the only thing I know is that a great conflict will lead to Loki to turn against us, which will set in motion the events leading to Ragnarok. But why or when or how I do not know." And of course, just banishing or killing him would be a foolish notion to say the least. Esperia's frown did not go unnoticed by Odin who shook his head lightly, gesturing lightly toward her hand, of course the motion confused Esperia, yet she was quick to accept it, and soon she felt a small piece of metal rest on the palm of her hand, an emblem of sorts.

"You will always be welcome in my hall Esperia. My son speaks fondly of you, and you are a fascinating human. I will not force you to join us in this battle if we survive and the halls are still standing, I will gladly welcome you once more."

Esperia went quiet, a hand reaching for her cheek as she ponder for a bit. "But for now I have talked for too long, you should seek out your companion, she has words she wishes to exchange with you." The Ancient Dragon sought her? "Where is she?" The question made Odin gesture toward the entrance of the hall, the same direction she had first arrived at a few days ago. "Outside in the gardens."

And with those words Esperia stood up and made her way over toward the entrance. It didn't take long for her to reach the spacious gardens where she had met Thor before, and observing the tree was the Ancient Dragon who governed over dimensions.

"A beautiful sight to behold, truly a wonder of Valhalla." Esperia smiled sorrowfully at those words as she replied. "And soon to possibly disappear forever." The ancient dragon turned toward her, a sympathetic look upon her visage. "So you have heard about Ragnarok then..." The ancient dragon stated, a soft sigh following.

"Is there nothing we can do to prevent this from happening?" The Ancient Dragon shook her head lightly in denial. "Neither side will be willing to make a compromise once Ragnarok starts, and the twilight of the gods will happen then."

---
WC: 366
Total WC: 685/1800

#3Esperia 

[Storyline Quest 5-A] The Legend of Ragnarok Empty Sun May 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Esperia

Esperia shook her head violently in denial to that statement, she refused to allow it to be that way. "Is there truly no way we can help them?" Yet the Ancient Dragon soon made a very sound reasoning. "How do you expect to help them Esperia? You are but a human in the realm of gods." True, she might had been invited as a guest to Odin's hall, and made friends with the Gods but did that truly mean she was powerless?

Was this prophecy set in stone? Was it an inevitable future that awaited them? Just like how Earthland was slowly heading toward one? She hated to accept such a idea! "But the prophecy never stated our presence..." Esperia's muttering earned a surprised blink from the ancient dragon. "What are you planning Esperia?" Esperia turned her attention toward the ancient dragon, her lips curving into a knowing smile as she declared confidently: "The prophecies never mentioned us, travelers, from another dimension, which meant I might be able to stop Ragnarok from happening!"

Wait what?! Was this girl truly suggesting she would stop an event which would later become known as the Twilight of the Gods?! "But how? You don't have the power to best one of them, let stand an entire force that could wipe out the likes of Odin and Thor!"

Esperia shook her head lightly as she presented the emblem Odin gave her. "I am an honored guest in Odin's hall and a friend of both Loki and Thor! I might be able to convince them to never start this conflict in the first place!"

Awestruck by the sheer insanity of this girl's idea, the ancient dragon was about to protest, but it was too late already for Esperia had started to run off toward the halls of Valhalla.

She would prevent Ragnarok at all costs! To protect the myriad of possibilities that could be born from the countless interactions between those entities! To challenge Thor to another drinking contest someday! To pull another prank with Loki! There was no way she would allow things to end here already!

---
WC: 352
Total WC: 1037/1800

#4Esperia 

[Storyline Quest 5-A] The Legend of Ragnarok Empty Sun May 02, 2021 9:31 pm

Esperia

Rushed footsteps resounded through the halls as Esperia ran past Einherjar and Valkyrie alike, pondering about how she would resolve this. According to Odin it was something that would happen that made Loki turn against them, so she might had the best chance by seeking out Loki?

Running along the corridors Esperia finally found Loki, standing on top of a hill, and as Esperia approached it, she saw something amazing: seemingly endless fields of grassy plains stretched before them, but for now she had little time to gaze in wonder.

"Say Loki, do you hate the gods?" The sudden question made Loki blink in bewilderment as he turned toward Esperia. "Esperia, quite a sudden question to spin upon me out of nowhere, why do you ask?" Esperia shook her head firmly. "Answer the question please!" The urgency made Loki's usual playfulness fade away a little as he spoke. "Since you asked so nicely: I neither hate nor love the gods. If I was to describe myself, I like to consider myself a wild card, an unpredictable force of nature so to speak."

Perfect! That was what she needed to hear! "Then can you make me a promise Loki?" The sudden question earned a look of curiosity from Loki, as he raised a hand to his chin. "A promise? I'm listening."

Esperia thought for a moment on how to deal with things. According to what she had read, Odin was really wise, and Thor was really powerful and Loki was super clever! So surely... "Promise me that you do all in your might to prevent Ragnarok from happening, no matter what it takes!"

The urgency in her words earned a momentary silence of Loki as footsteps resounded behind her, and to her surprise, Esperia saw not just the Ancient Dragon, but all the gods of the Pantheon to have gathered. "You guys..." Esperia hesitated, not sure what to say or do when a voice suddenly called out behind her.

---
WC: 328
Total WC: 1365/1800

#5Esperia 

[Storyline Quest 5-A] The Legend of Ragnarok Empty Sun May 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Esperia

"Making a promise with the Trickster God is a dangerous move Esperia." Loki spoke, the words disheartening the girl, but before she could protest he raised a finger. "But there is a way for us to make this deal." Esperia's eyes widened in surprise, yet before the joy could settle in she heard Loki continue: "A bet~ Accept a challenge from me and if you win the bet I will honor our deal, even if it would kill me."

Wait, was she about to be challenged by a deity for the second time?! Yet seemingly aware of her thoughts Loki grinned in amusement and shook his head lightly. "Don't worry Esperia, I do not plan to challenge you to a drinking contest, my bet is a more... martial one."

As he spoke Loki gestured toward the spacious plains ahead of them and suddenly a chilly wind started to pick up, yet all of a sudden as the breeze settled, the plain seemingly had been replaced by a grandiose battle arena of sorts, the type she would have seen in Crocus, just a lot larger!

"Wait, you want to fight?" Yet Loki shook his head in denial toward the inquiry. "Not at all Esperia, or at least not me. The opponent will be my cute little child."

A sudden fierce blood-curling howl pierced the sky as the giant wolf emerged amidst a flurry of ice within the center of the arena, it’s body clearly restrained by a collection of chains! "Is that... Fenrir?" The ancient dragon whispered curiously. "Of course, I am not without mercy or understanding, so I will allow you to pick a champion to fight in your place."

Was it a trick? If she asked Thor to fight Fenrir, perhaps Thor might win, but it was just as possible for Fenrir to slay Thor! That would just speed up the start of Ragnarok! The gods were all there, their eyes fixated onto Esperia as the sorceress could feel the immense pressure of the situation starting to weight down upon her. This was totally not how she had expected this idea to go! Yet it was clear there was no other way: Either she would need to find a way to win the bet against Loki, or Ragnarok was sure to happen! What a terrible mess she had found herself caught in...

No, there was no doubt that this had been the right solution, or at least the only solution she believed in! If this could prevent Ragnarok from happening? Then so be it!

But the question was, how in the world would she be able to compete against Loki with such a challenge? Just a mere glimpse at Fenrir made it clear this was the same wolf from the legends!

---
WC: 453
Total WC: 1818/1800

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum