Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sardine's Restaurant [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Guest 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:11 pm

"More like Sardine's restaurant." Zane quipped in his mind, looking up at the name plate of the fine establishment as he sat on a bench opposite of it. "You're going to use that dumb pun as a title for something at some point, aren't you?"

"Yup." Zane crossed his legs as he put his hands behind his head, slouching back a little bit too much as he reclined in the surprisingly comfortable park bench. His attire was a bit different than usual. Zane would usually wear clothing that was very over the top in every way possible. Coats that were way too big, armor that was way too shiny, extravagant headgear. Today Zane was wearing something much more casual, no different than what he would see any average man walking down the streets of Hargeon wear. He even picked a dark blue for his choice of shirt, a color that was extremely subtle. Usually he'd be trying to go with something that stuck out much more, like a bright red or neon green. Beelzebub was especially glad for this change as he didn't much enjoy seeing the average passerby glance at Zane as though he was a greenscreen who had gotten legs and decided to walk around town.

There was definitely one change in Zane's attire that stuck out the most to Beelzebub though - he didn't wear his 'signature' eyepatch. "Finally done with your pirating days?" Beelzebub sarcastically suggested. Zane chuckled a little bit out loud as a couple of nearby kids gave him a weird look for laughing at seemingly thin air. "I'll be back out there with Edward Teach, Charles Vane and the rest of them soon enough. I simply find it exhausting to keep up with my constant god-tier levels of fashion. Sometimes I need to catch my breath and take it simple for a day or two." Beelzebub immediately doubted Zane. That was definitely NOT the reason for this abrupt change.

Zane was out here waiting for Atani, a girl he had managed to sell some allegedly ancient book to the other day. Zane had proposed the two meet here to exchange the money for the book - the problem was that Zane was stupid enough to give her the book early. Beelzebub figured it was highly unlikely for the girl to show up tonight. Who would want to spend more than the bare amount of time minimal with Zane? 99.99% of people would definitely be sane enough to take the book and keep their money. When Zane first revealed this to Beelzebub the demon was furious. The two talked it over for a couple of hours and Zane eventually persuaded Beelzebub into a deal of sorts. If the 0.1% chance that Atani came back was true Zane and Beelzebub could continue on as normal. And if Atani didn't show up? Beelzebub would use his influence over Zane to maim him. Zane usually didn't take Beelzebub's threats very seriously, but this time it felt different. He had never seen the Lord of the Flies that angry before.

Still, Zane didn't seem awfully concerned about Beelzebub's potential punishment right now. He closed his eyes and hummed happily to himself on the bench. Zane had legitimate faith in Atani in this instance. He just had to wait for her to show up. Hopefully soon. Zane quite liked the idea of having both his arms intact.

#2Atani 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:46 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 308 | @ Zane -
A date with a human. Atani never thought she'd see the day.

It was just she had never been on a date with someone who was not from Athalran like her. The culture she imagined would be quite different. She was unsure of how to dress. Zane had said to wear something nice, but not too nice. She opted for a blue spaghetti strap dress that cut off above the knees. There was enough skin showing to reveal the green Blue Pegasus emblem tattooed beneath her collarbone, which was not an unusual thing to see given that they were in Hargeon. Atani did her hair in her signature braided crown atop her head and completed the look with a golden locket and cardigan to shield her from the cool spring nights. Pocketing her 300,000 Jewels, she was ready to go.

The elf had heard good things of Sardina. It was highly recommended by nearly all residents of Hargeon as it supposedly sold an incredible selection of seafood. It was one of the finer dining options. Frankly, Atani was surprised Zane had chosen such a place, but perhaps that was typical of Fiorian dates. Still, she was not complaining. A date was a date, and if traditions were similar on any level as the ones from home, she would be getting a complementary dinner out of her purchase.

Atani showed up slightly later than the time they had agreed upon, but she didn't think of it to be an issue. In fact, upon seeing Zane sitting on the park bench close to the restaurant, she smiled and waved to him, hoping to catch his attention-- she didn't want to make a scene calling his name or anything. Once she was closer, however, she properly greeted the man.

"Hey," she began, flashing Zane a friendly smile. "Ready for our date?"
bloop ♡
template by punki of adoxography

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Lu7gGv2
#ff6666 - Fiorian #cc6666 - Elvarin #996666 - Val'Elvarin
#ffe666 - Fiorian #ccc666 - Elvarin #999966 - Val'Elvarin
#9b2222 - Sinese

#3Guest 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:29 pm

The noise of Atani's voice caused Zane's eyes to slowly open, his head tilting in her general direction. "Looks like you get to keep your arm for now, Zane. Just make sure to get that money." With that Beelzebub's presence faded away for the time being. Zane felt a huge weight being lifted off his shoulders. As much as he would've liked to pretend he was being nonchalant he was definitely at least some small level of freaked out at the possibility. Thankfully he wouldn't have to think about that for a while.

Standing up from the park bench, Zane smiled as he walked slowly towards Atani, greeting her. "Glad to see you made it instead of running for the hills with the book. Not that I ever doubted you, of course." Zane was glad trusting her paid off too: not only did he get to keep his arm but he got to prove Beelzebub wrong as well. Two birds with one elf-shaped stone. Speaking of elf-shaped stones, Atani seemed to have dressed up too. Zane's outfit looked awfully plain in comparison, though he supposed that was what he was going for. Zane's eyes hovered over her dress, quite impressed by how nice it looked. It reminded him a lot of the stuff his mother would have in her wardrobe back in Baska. Perhaps it was a common preference among elf women? Or just a coincidence. Zane's eyes moved back up towards her face though stopped for a 5-second break around the collarbone area before moving back up to her eyes.

"Impressive." Zane said, quickly realizing that he should probably further explain. "The Blue Pegasus tattoo, I mean. I know it's quite an amazing guild - I've met a number of people from there before." It was probably quite clear that Zane's words were a half-lie. He certainly did notice her tattoo and did genuinely think that her being in the guild was impressive, but it wasn't all. No matter. Zane turned to face his head towards Sardine - ahem, Sardina Restaurant. "I talked with the staff this morning, got a nice table reserved and everything. They know me here, you see. I errr, may have given them a good business opportunity in the past." Zane had been here when he first arrived in Hargeon and had ordered literally everything on the menu. Beelzebub often insisted that to be greedy was to have everything, and that everything included food. Zane had bought so much food that day to the point where people from the streets were coming inside solely to see how crazy he was. Free advertising, in a way.

Zane held out his hand towards Atani. "Well, let's be on our way." Zane had a feeling she'd take it considering she did the same yesterday, but he'd lead her on into the place no matter if she took it or not. The place was only mildly busy tonight, perhaps because of the day of the week. The Sardine - ahem, Sardina's mildly busy was more like very busy for any other restaurant however. It was arguably the most famous place to eat in Fiore after all. The noise of chatter throughout the walls instantly filled up Zane's ears, though the way the building was set up managed to make it sound more like background noise if anything else. As the two approached the podium a server greeted Zane. "Ah! It's Crazy Zane!" The server exclaimed, a reference to the nickname customers had given him the other week. Zane quickly made some hand gestures to see if the server could cut it out. "Ah... I see. I'll take you to the table you wanted right away, Sane Zane."

Zane and Atani were led to the table, Zane's face already a bit red. He certainly hope he didn't have to explain any of that to the girl. It could make for an interesting story, but.... Zane didn't exactly think that his date would be very flattered about hearing how he ordered an entire menu of food at once. The part in which he nearly died eating it wasn't exactly great either. "I'll be back in a few minutes." The server stated, walking off to another part of the restaurant to continue his duties. The table Zane picked was slightly further away from the rest of the place, the background chatter being slightly quieter here than it was elsewhere. Zane had tried to get the VIP rooms but the restaurant didn't like him quite enough to let him have it. This was the best they could give him. At least there was a very nice aquarium near the table.

"Ignore the part where they called me crazy Zane." Zane requested, though quickly realized the error in saying that. "Oh. I guess mentioning it doesn't help, huh?" Nervously chuckling, Zane pulled out his chair and sat in it as he wondered if he would be doing better with Beelzebub around. Perhaps there was some value in having a peanut gallery - or perhaps he had just grown so used to the demon's comments that doing some things without them felt weird. "You ever been here before?" He asked, wondering if Atani had stopped by here yet. He couldn't blame her if she didn't - without a special reservation like Zane's the line to get in was pretty horrible. Disneyland level, even.

#4Atani 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:08 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 331 | @ Zane -
"... Not that I ever doubted you, of course."

"Of course."

Atani shot Zane a quizzing look as his eyes lingered for a moment where she had hoped a respectable man wouldn't. He, however, quickly tried to remedy the situation by making a comment about her Blue Pegasus emblem, which was conveniently on her chest as well. "Oh, I wouldn't say it means all that. I'm not much of a mage," she laughed, scratching the back of her neck. For someone who was already starting to gain a bit of reputation around the town, she could hardly get the simplest of spells to work, much less anything that would make her truly stand out in the guild.

Atani was impressed to hear that Zane went out of his way to make a reservation so early. He was taking this date more seriously than she thought. Perhaps he was more than what she was giving him credit for. Taking his hand just like the day before, she let him lead her into the restaurant where all that credit suddenly went to waste. For reasons Atani did not know, Zane was known as "Crazy Zane" around here. She arched a brow and watched the interaction between the server and Zane. His nickname was quickly changed to "Sane Zane," but it didn't matter. She had already heard.

The two were led to their table which was pleasantly situated near an aquarium. Soon after the server left, Zane requested for her to ignore that previous exchange, which she was happy to comply with, though she'd be lying if she didn't want to know how he would have earned such a name. Her chance had passed though, and they moved onto another topic.

"No, I haven't. I actually haven't had a lot of seafood in general for that matter." The most she had tried was sushi and sashimi, neither of which were true seafood dishes like the ones present on the menu. "What do you recommend here?"
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#5Guest 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:30 pm

"Now now, don't sell yourself short!" Zane said in response to her rather modest assessment of herself, though he could see how that was the case. Back when Zane was in Fairy Tail he could only hold a sword somewhat decently and yet they let him in without a problem. Was Blue Pegasus the same? From what Zane had heard they were all about fashion and looks. Hmm... maybe Zane would join... no, no. Zane couldn't betray Odin like that. He just had to make Eternal Nightmare be even more fashionable and even more attractive than Blue Pegasus. Perhaps he should invite Atani... then again, it was best he didn't invite his date to join a guild run by a skeleton man who Zane was pretty sure had killed thousands.

Here the two sat at their table, Zane already having taken the menu into his hands. It's not like he really needed to either. He already knew everything they served at this restaurant. He'd eaten it all. Zane was rather surprised he didn't get PTSD by just coming into the place. "Everything is good." Zane would plainly say, though he quickly realized that would be too vague an answer for her - even if he was telling the truth. "Err, I really like the gumbo. The seared salmon is amazing too." Phew. Zane couldn't help but feel that much of tonight would be spent trying to recover from his bad lines anywhere between 5 to 10 seconds from making them.

Zane already had an idea of what he was planning to get himself. The server would most likely take at least 4 or 5 minutes to get back. Zane figured it was a good idea to get some sort of discussion going within that time. It felt a bit different having a discussion with Atani though. Yesterday he had spoken to her in a much more genuine way than he usually did. He liked doing that. Yet here he was trying to think over all of his words to an insane degree again. Maybe this was for the best though. Maybe he was better off doing these long stretches of thinking. Or perhaps it really was a safer bet to just speak out loud. Or maybe he should just stop thinking to himself and go for it. He should just say something already. Maybe he wou "Did you make any progress on that book?" Zane asked, something he was immediately curious about as soon as he opened his mouth with the intention of saying whatever. He put down the menu and rested it on the table as he spoke. "I'm pretty excited to see if you do manage to find anything of note in there. I mean, you probably will. The question is just how noteworthy of note is. The elven guy I first heard about that thing from mentioned that lords of towns and other people of power like that were kinda interested in books from whatever language that happens to be." Zane remembered how he tried to go to the local lord yesterday to do the same thing, chuckling to himself a little as he remembered the guards pushing him outside. "Tried selling it to the mayor of Hargeon. His guards didn't even let me see him - it seems my eyepatch was a little too pirate for their taste. Kinda glad they did throw me out though - I definitely got something more - and a lot better - our of this exchange than a bunch of jewels."

#6Atani 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:42 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 320 | @ Zane -
Atani listened to Zane's suggestions. She wasn't sure what this 'gumbo' consisted of. It was a strange word. She looked at the menu and tried to find it, but the mention of seared salmon stole her curiosity away. She had tried it in sushi once and found it quite delicious. The girl nodded her head as she read its description on the menu. It was paired with a lemon butter sauce, a flavor she knew she liked well.

"Hmm... I think I might try the salmon then." Atani looked back up from the menu to Zane. He asked if she had made any progress on translating the book to which she shook her head. "No, I looked it over last night, but they aren't written in any language or code I've ever seen. It'll take some time."

Atani propped up her forearms against the table. She laced her fingers together and rested her head atop her hands as she listened to the rest of what Zane had to say. It was interesting to discover an elf was the one who supplied him with the information on the book. It was a detail he had neglected to share before, but perhaps it wasn't a crucial detail to the story. Elves did, however, tend to have a different supply of information than humans, so that might have been why so many people in Baska thought the book to be a dud. Either that was the case, or this really was indeed nothing more than a wild goose chase.

"Oh, you didn't tell me that part," she teased, giggling at the situation with Hargeon's mayor. She was surprised that was Zane's first option. "You didn't mention this elven guy before. Do you happen to know where he was from? The book's language could stem from certain regional areas... Or might it not matter if this elf was just an adventurer, archaeologist, or whatnot."
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#7Guest 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:53 pm

"Hmmm." Zane thought to himself, placing one of his elbows on the table as his hand went right for his chin, stroking it lightly in an attempt to appear more intelligent. "I suppose they're pretty obscure. I've only ever seen a book with characters of that fashion twice in my life after all. The one I gave you definitely isn't the same book as the one that other guy had, but the font is so unique it's pretty easy to tell they're part of the same kinda set." Zane thought as much at the very least. He had taken a look at some other libraries he'd visited around Fiore in the past to see if there were any books that were similar to that man's. None, at least until now. It was somewhat reasonable for that neighborhood library staff to have just thrown the thing out. They most likely had never seen anything like it. Thank god Zane went and buried through garbage. A fair deal of history could've been lost forever if not for that. Guess dumpster diving isn't such a bad thing after all, huh?

Zane couldn't help but smile a bit at Atani's giggle. He was glad she found him amusing. In a good way, hopefully. Knowing Zane's luck there was a decent chance that wasn't exactly the case... Zane started to think a little bit too much about what the girl was probably thinking about right now, his mind going off on what was undoubtedly a long inner monologue that would normally be about half the length of this post. Atani kept him on his feet with more questions thankfully. "The elven guy... hmm..." Zane tried to rack his brain a bit. Did he know much about the man? He couldn't exactly put his finger on it... "All I can remember is that he wanted to sell it to the local lord of Baska. I guess he also was a bit more dignified in the way he carried himself. You kn-" Zane's recollections were interrupted by the waiter coming back, a small notepad in his hands. "So what can I get you two?"

Zane looked towards the waiter with a bit of an annoyed expression. This guy was worse than Beelzebub when it came to interrupting interesting conversations! Sighing, Zane pointed down at his menu. "I'll have the gumbo. And I think she was quite interested in the salmon, right?" Zane asked, bringing his eyes up towards Atani to confirm that she was in fact going to get the salmon in the end of it all. He figured he'd let her take dealing with the waiter from here. Zane already knew exactly what he wanted. There wasn't really much room for imagining what would and wouldn't be good after all - he had already tried everything on the menu.

Once the waiter finished with their order Zane would try his best to get back on topic, sitting up straight in his chair and looking directly towards Atani once again. "Where was I? Ah, right. The way he seemed. As I said, he would carry..." Wait a moment. Zane looked at Atani more intensely. He remembered there was something familiar about her the other day, something he remembered from years ago. What was it he was recalling just now? "Carry. Cerry? Cerri? Wait... Kerii? That's your name, isn't it?"

The memories all started coming back to Zane as though he was Light upon re-obtaining the Death Note. Actually, wait. It wasn't quite that intense. The two had only spent one afternoon together with each other years ago but Zane was never one to forget a pretty face... most of the time, anyways. A smile came upon on his own face, lighting it up instantly. "Oh wow! It's been a while. We met at that uhhh, Orchidia shopping mall I think! A couple years back. You were just as bus- err, as beautiful back then as well." Zane remarked, his eyes soon correcting themselves to focus moreso on her face as he tried to recover from the second time he focused on the wrong thing tonight. "But for real though, how have you been? Oh, and why did you start going by Atani? Or is it a surname like Zane?" If that was the case Zane would most likely be pretty excited - the idea of knowing another person who for some reason never used their first name would bring him great joy - though mostly through affirming he wasn't COMPLETELY odd.

#8Atani 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 297 | @ Zane -
"So what can I get you two?"

Their conversation had come to an abrupt pause as the waiter came to take the order. Zane settled on the gumbo and implied that Atani was eyeing the salmon. She nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah, I'll take that please." She flashed the waiter a kind smile.

It wasn't long before he finished up copying down their order and took the menus out of their way. They were about to pick back up wherever they left off when suddenly another thing seemed to distract Zane. With the word 'carry,' his voice trailed off. He repeated it a few times, strangely changing the pronunciation of the word ever so slightly with each repetition. He settled on 'Kerii' and asked if it was her name.

"Come again?"

She didn't know where he got 'Kerii' from 'Atani,' but she listened as he went further on. It soon became apparent that he was mistaking her for another person, one whom he had met in Orchidia. She gave him an uneasy smile. Her cheeks flushed a light shade of rose at the complement, though she felt bad if she accepted it on another person's behalf.

"I... think you might have me mistaken for someone else." She scratched the back of her neck. "My last name is Tathvir anyway, so... No. I've never even been to Orchidia before, and besides--" Her smile turned more genuine out of slight amusement at the idea of 'Kerii' somehow being a name for an elf. "I don't know any elf who goes by Kerii. It sounds more human to me."

Maybe it was the hair. She had done it differently today than when she had originally met Zane. Perhaps this Kerii person he knew had a similar style to her.
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#9Guest 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:46 pm

Zane's theory didn't seem to be shared by Atani, a frown coming upon his face as he realized there was a decent chance he was in the wrong here. And here he was thinking he had managed to solve some grand mystery! "Ah, I see..." He commented with a slightly dissapointed tone in his voice, his eyes still fixated on her face as he noted the crazy amount of similarities between her and Kerii. Zane did suppose that there was a chance he just didn't remember Kerii's face all that well... Atani's tone seemed to be rather genuine as well, though Zane wasn't exactly the greatest at telling apart truth from lie either way. "I guess my memory must be playing tricks on me. That being said, I don't think Kerii is that weird of a name for an elf. I mean, my parent named me Ch-"

Zane stopped himself. Everytime he had told this story it had ended with whoever he said it to giving him a serious look of doubt. He remembered that when he told Kaiser he used to be an elf she had thought it to be some joke he had come up with. Probably best not to make his date think he was crazy. "Christian, though I suppose I'm not an elf anyways, haha..." Zane reached for his water, gulping it down as he absorbed how awkward his last line was. Now that he thought about it, Christian was a pretty weird name for an elf. And Zane was a pretty weird name for an elven family. Perhaps he was simply born into a bloodline of oddballs. Resting his now empty glass back down on the table, Zane let out a huge post-water sigh as he caught his breath. "It does give me an interesting question to ask though."

The waiter placed the food on their table silently this time, his sudden presence shocking Zane just a little bit. He did prefer it to him randomly interrupting to be fair, though a little bit of warning would be ideal. "Thanks." Zane softly said, the waiter having placed Zane's soup after resting Atani's salmon in front of her. He quietly left, perhaps having sensed Zane's frustration with the way he interrupted earlier. Taking the spoon for his soup in his hands, Zane decided to ask his question before eating. "You came from the place where a lot of elves live, right? What exactly is that place like...?" Zane's tone near the end showed a bit of melancholy. He had always felt a little bit disconnected from other elves during most of his life. He grew up in Baska. He had never been to a place where there would be more elves than humans. He sort of always wished he could go there, but he had a feeling that now that he was a human he wouldn't have quite the same experience.

#10Atani 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 257 | @ Zane -
Atani quirked a curious brow. Zane had certainly phrased that in an... odd way, though she would gloss over that for now. Instead, she proceeded to agree with him.

"I suppose, I've heard more Wood Elves are living with humans now than in the past. It would make sense if they adopted some human names."

It just was not anything she had heard of while residing within Athalran. The only human names she heard of were from people talking of traders or other miscellaneous folk they encountered in the past. Otherwise, hearing of them was just not a common occurrence. It felt strange to call an elf anything other than a traditional name.

After the two received their food-- the salmon looked amazing-- Zane seemed to want to know what it was like where she came from. Her ears perked up in excitement. She loved talking about the enchanted forest she was delighted to call home.

"It's called Athalran," she began. Her eyes were full of wistful joy. "It's the most magical place in Fiore."

She didn't quite know if that was true or not, but as far as the magic of nature itself went, there was no other place she knew of that could even compare to the capital of the wood elven race.

"Elves live in harmony with nature. Woodland spirits freely roam, people use magic in their everyday life, and there's a huge castle where the Everqueen lives. It's kinda funny. Thinking about it, it's not really a place I thought I'd ever leave."
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#11Guest 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:21 pm

Zane briefly became concerned when he saw the way Atani moved her eyebrow. Oh god. Would she start asking him about his little slip up? Thankfully she didn't mention it. Perhaps Zane was lucky for the fact that he already accidentally let things out several times tonight - there was a good chance his date was simply accustomed to that by now. Instead her words managed to give Zane a better understanding of why exactly he would've been given such a human name. Zane did suppose that his mother might've mentioned once or twice that his family tree had been in Baska for a few generations. Perhaps the name Zane itself only dated back a decade or two.

Zane's soup-filled spoon went to his mouth, eating a bit of his meal as he listened to Atani's explanation. About the land of the elves. There was certainly a somewhat different type of interest in his eyes now, quite unique compared to the ones he had shown towards Atani before. His eyes weren't those of a salesman trying to charge a girl an absurd price for a book, nor were they of a pervert looking at his date a little bit more than he should. His eyes were moreso like a child's now, filled with an extraordinary sense of wonder. They definitely stuck out on him as well. If Zane had still been an elf right now they would've blended in with the rest of his very youthful appearance quite nicely, but as a human they certainly contrasted with his more adult features. "A big castle?" Zane asked, quickly swallowing what soup was in his mouth so he could barrage Atani with questions.

"Like, how big? Crocus big? And is it more of the wide kinda big or the tall kinda big? Do they have a lot of treasure there?" The last question certainly showed how much Beelzebub had managed to be a bad influence on Zane over the last year or so. "Oh, and what about the queen? Is she hot? Err, dignified? Does she have a solid grip on the economy? What's the tax rate like?" Zane didn't really have much of an interest in their economy, but it definitely made for a good distraction from his early question. Zane took another big spoon of his gumbo, putting it in his mouth as he eagerly awaited Atani's answers. There was definitely something much more pure about him in this moment, perhaps due to his childlike sense of wonder being temporarily ignited. The elven city of Athalran sure sounded exciting... perhaps he'd go there and steal stuff with Beelzebub sometime.

#12Atani 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:11 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 295 | @ Zane -
"A big castle?"

She gave an eager nod.

"Like, how big? Crocus big? ... "

"Well, I haven't been to Crocus either so--" She pondered on the Everqueen's castle in Athalran. It wasn't a place she visited often, but it simultaneously was a structure that was impossible to forget. Everyone in Athalran knew of it. It was a great honor to be a part of the Everqueen's guard, and an even greater honor to be someone akin to Anthares.

"-- But it is big. Imagine a tree, but oversized. I've never been inside myself, but I imagine the Everqueen keeps a lot of her gold and jewels there."

Atani was a bit surprised to hear that Zane was interested in more things than just the palace. The queen, of course, was on his mind, but the economy? It wasn't what she expected most people to inquire about. Unfortunately, she didn't have the experience to fully indulge in his curiosity.

"I left Athalran before I was at the age where I really needed to care about taxes and such," Atani admitted, "but I do know that most elves practice a sort of trade to profit from. Woodworking, hunting, smithing, jewelry making... All that."

She waved a passive hand as if it was a trivial matter. It was just another passing trait of elves she rarely dwelled upon. It was common enough in humans as well, but the diversity of jobs they had seemed to be greater than what was present in her homeland. Done with her explanation, Atani tried the salmon dish in front of her. The gentle sour mix of lemon and savor of salmon flooded her mouth.

"Good recommendation by the way." She briefly gestured to her plate with the silver fork she held in her hand.
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#13Guest 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:48 pm

"A tree but oversized?" Zane asked, sounding a lot harder to understand with a mouth full of Gumbo. The conversation had got him into a good enough mood to not care about how his date would feel about him speaking while eating. "Sho like... really oversized then?" Zane asked, having a hard time imagining any tree as a castle. Perhaps she meant like, the tree the size of a mountain? But could that kind of thing really exist? The idea was fascinating to say the very least.

Zane gobbled up more of his gumbo as he listened to Atani's explanation on how each elf usually had a trade. Didn't seem much different than life back home at Baska if Zane were to be perfectly honest. "My trade was a cook at one point." He stated, his mouth free of gumbo for the first time in a while. "I could probably make food just as good as that salmon you're having if I put my heart into it. Err, don't tell the chefs I said that though." Zane's cooking expertise was so high that he could probably guess 99% of the recipe correctly. That was what he'd like to think he could do anyways - how cool would it be if he really could, right? It would probably be something that would really impress someone on a date. Too bad he was far too absorbed in the last few spoonfuls of his gumbo to utilize it here.

A bit of time passed and the two got to eat their meals, the waiter eventually inquiring with Zane as to his payment. Zane figured it was best that he be a gentleman and pay for the two of them, though no doubt Beelzebub would comment that he shouldn't of if the demon was currently present. Zane had to admit that being away Beelzebub was a bit of a magical experience. It was kind of like Beelzebub was... his wife. Huh. Now that Zane though about it... wait, no. This train of thought was too weird, even for him! Shuddering a bit to himself, Zane stood up from his chair as he pushed it back into the table. "That was pretty great. Even better than the last time I was here." Zane failed to mention that was because he didn't have to eat a superhuman amount of food this time.

It was around the start of the evening now. The weather in Hargeon was great enough to warrant it being still fairly warm out. The sun seemed as though it would shine for at least a few more hours. Why let it end here? "Let's go to the beach." Zane thought. Zane also said it out loud, a worrying sign that one day his crazy inner monologues would end up simply being monologues. "Sounds pretty fun, right? It's still warm out, but not warm enough to get a sunburn. It'll be less busy than in the afternoon. I get to see you in a swimsuit. I think there's a tiki bar there as well." Zane's proposal made a lot of sense, but it would probably rest on if Atani felt like spending much more time with him. He had hoped he'd made a good enough impression so far to warrant that... Flashing a smile towards the girl, Zane made sure to look as handsome as he possibly could after eating as much soup as he did. Thankfully none of it got on his clothes. That had unfortunately happened once or twice before. "We'd probably have to go back to our respectives rooms and grab swimwear, but I think it would be worth the time. So? What do you think?""

#14Atani 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:12 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 347 | @ Zane -
"Sort of? It's, ah, you'd just have to see it. Unfortunately... Wood Elves don't openly reveal their homeland to humans, but I'm sure there's a book on Athalran at the library with pictures if you're interested."

It was hard to explain the castle verbally to someone who had not laid their own eyes upon it. Like all things in the city, it appeared to be at one with nature in every sense of the word. Physically, it was full of roots, plants, and greenery. It reminded most elven folk of the great trees that populated the forest, but it was far more than that.

Atani ate some more of her salmon as Zane described that he had a passion for cooking. He was rather adept at it as well, and was convinced he could produce something just as well as the dish she was eating at the moment. She finished chewing before responding to the man.

"Really? That's really impressive then. To be honest, I'm not much of a cook. I spend too much time with books, not enough doing homely things, you know?"

Which was yet another reason why she could never imagine herself settling down with a job as something other than a mage. She would suddenly have to develop skills she didn't quite have at the moment-- Which was something she needed to work on. It was hard to guarantee that sort of lifestyle forever.

Time passed. The two enjoyed their meal, and Zane paid for it all as part of their little agreement. She thought their date would end right then and there, but much to her surprise, he suggested going to the beach. Earlier in the night, she might have passed on that offer, but Atani surprised even herself by thinking that it would be fun. There was a lot more to Zane than what she had originally given him credit for on their first encounter. She was actually looking forward to their time together at Azure Beach.

"You know what? Let's do it then. Hargeon's beaches are beautiful, even at night."
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#15Guest 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:24 pm

"Perfect!" Zane exclaimed perhaps slightly louder than he needed to, leading Atani out of the restaurant as the waiter bid them farewell by way of a classy bow. Holding the door open for her, Zane looked out towards the streets with a smile on his face. "I think I can probably meet you by the pier we were at yesterday in about... hmm... 20 minutes, give or take." Zane's tone played it off as though that was how long it would take for him to walk there, but in reality he would most likely have to sprint considering the fact he was staying at an inn pretty far away from the coastline. It was alright though, he felt pretty energetic right now. "Ah, right. One more thing." Assuming that Atani had went through the door by now Zane would close it, his feet bringing him down the small flight of stairs that led up to the restaurant and onto the street. "You can keep the money for the time being. I still expect to get it eventually, don't get me wrong. I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other a bit often so I don't mind letting you hold onto it for a night longer." To tell the truth Zane just didn't feel like lugging that amount of money around Hargeon, especially while he was sprinting.

Zane stepped towards Atani, smiling down at her. "I'll see you at the pier in 20 minutes. With any luck that'll leave us with at least another 2 hours of sunlight." Thinking he should probably end this (temporary) farewell with something sweet, Zane leaned down and planted a kiss on Atani's cheek. "Alright, now time to walk to my room. See ya there!" Zane nonchalantly said, turning around as he walked down the block at a slow pace. After reaching the nearest corner he'd turn onto another street, holding his back against the wall as he looked over towards the block where the restaurant was. After confirming that Atani didn't see him Zane would immediately start sprinting towards his hotel at full speed. Oh god. Why did he lie about it being 20 minutes? It would've been so easy to just say 30!

EXIT

#16Atani 

Sardine's Restaurant [Private] Empty Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 229 | @ Zane -
Atani nodded her head as Zane said how long it would approximately take him to reach the pier. She could work with twenty minutes. All she needed to do was change out of her dress and into a bathing suit. All the prep with her hair and skin and such had already been done in preparation for her date. It wouldn't hurt to give her locks another brush though, just to freshen up a bit before the beach.

She was surprised to hear Zane say that she could keep the money for now. "You're sure? I have it right here." But he insisted, thinking they would see each other sometime soon in the future. Well, as long as he was comfortable with it...

Then, he planted a goodbye kiss on her cheek. Atani was surprised. Her face once again turned a shade of pink and she brought her hand to where his lips had touched her skin.

"R-Right! See you there."

She was kissed by a human for the first time. Not on the lips or anything, but it was still a kiss nonetheless. It felt strange, but a good strange. She was surprised by that. As Atani walked back to her home to get changed, she shook her head and smiled at the things the elves back at home would say if she told them about her night.
- exit -

#9b2222 - Sinese

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum