Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sign here and here [Odin]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Azure Fenic 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Azure Fenic

As it would turn out the symbol that he was researching was a key of some sort the only thing that was left for him to find out was to find out what the key unlocked. This was something that he would need to spend some time in isolation in order to get find the answers he seeks. Now all I have to do is find some leads, he thought to himself as he made his way through the Crimson Quarter. The people that worked there still didn't seem to find him there at all oddly enough which threw him off slightly as people always gave him distasteful looks even when he just walked into a city or town.

Azure racked his brain to see if he could find some type of clue to where the door or chest could even be. Without really thinking about it the scholar summoned Ignis to his side "It's been months and I haven't gotten any closer to finding anything!." full of frustration he throws himself into the Golem's arm's "What should I do?" he asked her forgetting that she was unable to actually relay any kind of vocal response. Its response was simple head pat "I know but nothing is adding upright." he added on. If it wasn't the symbol then it was his main target both of which were causing turning out to be more trouble than they were worth. The group that he joined was supposed to help him with all his plans but it starting to seem that it was just holding him back. The scholar made his way through the Quarter with his golem following right behind him.

Maybe it was time for him to find a new group that he could benefit from?

{Sheet / Magic}
Sign here and here [Odin] Code-geass-icon
Stellan: #cc0000   Caelese:#0066cc
Fiorian: #9933cc
#2Odin † 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:48 am

Odin †

Odin had spent a great deal of time researching and learning about all different types of magic, whether it was his own previous magics of Necromancy, Demon Soul Takeover and, as it currently was, Greed; or perhaps those of his guildmates: the powerhouse Shinkuu, the other demon souls and the dragon slayer magic that had recently returned to the world. He was an eternal being, and so he had as much time in the world to learn, but he was also had the mind of someone over one hundred years of age. He had already lived through one lifetime, so even though he had all that time, he didn't necessarily want to wait decades to learn something new when he had other means.

That brought him to the present, as he watched a summoner walking through the streets of the Crimson Quarter. How could Odin know he was a summoner? Well he was walking with one of his own creations behind him and, having witnessed the summon, the Lich's interest had been instantly piqued. Right place, right time for sure.

He didn't waste much time before approaching the summon. He didn't know anything about the man, other than his magic, but Odin's face was likely one that could be easily identified. He was a Wizard Lord, Lich and one of the most prolific terrorists active in Fiore. It was slightly taller than the Lich, as he started raising the creature's arms to see if it would react. It was entirely possible this act of curiosity would be taken as a threat, and perhaps this summon would instantly attack the Lich as a reflex. He genuinely had no idea, which was why he was doing it.

#3Azure Fenic 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:49 pm

Azure Fenic

Not really paying much attention to his surroundings had become locked in his thoughts as the current situation has proven to be rather vexing, to say the least. Normally he wouldn't even bother to lock himself in his thoughts when it was something this problematic but in some ways, this was a special case for a number of reasons so he didn't care who he dumped shoulders with. Azure stopped every few steps if a solution would present its self but then quickly go back to the drawing board Why can't I find

Most of his summons are rather good at defending him when they aren't given any other task to apply themselves to which wasn't really common as most other summonses would only act when given the order to so it was nice that he didn't have to say much to them. The only thing that they would need from him would be small hand movements and things like that.

Ignis would quickly turn around swipe away a person's hand while keeping its master safely behind it and while that happened the scholar could feel a wave of fear suddenly wash over, this was just enough to pull him out of his thoughts. When he turned around to check on Ignis he saw that the golem was in a defensive stance What the hell?! he asked himself looking between the gap of the golem's arm's to see a 6'1 ft skeleton which meant it could only be one person Odin, someone, that even he does not want to cross without a full proof plan with backups. He was also someone that he had never planned on meeting at all if he could help it. Play it cool Azure you can just talk your way out of this, he thought to himself.

Mana 1,100:

{Sheet / Magic}
#4Odin † 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:29 am

Odin †

It would seem that the summoned creation, which looked a lot more feminine than Odin had initially realised, didn't take kindly to being poked and prodded by a foreign entity, almost reflexively taking a defensive stance and slapping Odin's skeletal hand out of the way. It did almost no damage to the Lich, and was likely more intended as a measure of putting some distance between Odin and the summoner, who was finally now looking over towards the red orbs that lay within the skeleton's eye sockets. Odin would simply raise his arms by way of surrender, although it looked more intimidating than meek. After all, while he could likely swat the golem back to whichever dimension it had come from with a flick of his wrist, that would completely defeat the point of what he was doing. He was here to learn about summons, would be pointless to destroy one straight away.

"No need to fear me", Odin chuckled as he realised he was passively giving off his Fear aura, giving a very definitive reason to fear him. Deactivating it, and giving the man a chance to breathe, he would continue, "I'm just here to inspect your summon. I haven't had much interaction with summons or their summoners, and new magics are always worth a look, don't you think?" It was arguably the most passive and, if one could be so bold, friendly Odin had been to someone outside of his guild in quite a while. Even Kurisa, who Odin was on relatively peaceful terms with, could still very easily become an enemy, and so was still a threat to the Lich. But this man knew there was little he could do. The gap between them was too wide for now, perhaps he'd be interested in shortening it somewhat.

#5Azure Fenic 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:19 pm

Azure Fenic

From what he knew Odin was not someone that he could take lightly or alone and given his current level that wasn't even on the table so the only real options that were even present to him would be to talk his way out of the situation or simply run and hope for the best. Azure wasn't really the type to take risks when it came to his own life which is why he became an info broker in the first place. This must have been a test of some sort, why would someone like him want to look a summon when he could just contract one himself? many more questions ran around his head each one causing him to lose his train of thought.

Azure couldn't afford to slip up anymore "I would prefer you just don't touch me or my summons," he said sending Ignis back to its realm even though it was the only thing that stood between him and the most grotesque thing he's seen in his life. "Surely your brain hasn't rotted away along with your flesh it's fine if you have questions but you could ask them in a better fashion," this was the scholar's attempt to regain his composure without showing any more weakness. All he needed to do was find an opening so that he could runway and regroup and maybe think of some way to stay hidden for a while.

{Sheet / Magic}
#6Odin † 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:43 pm

Odin †

Well that was certainly unexpected. Odin had grown accustomed to many different versions of how people spoke to him. Some ran in terror, some fainted, and others tried to fight him. It was always the latter that amused him the most, and it seemed today would be on of them. Despite the difference in power, the young man had the guts to ask, almost demand, that Odin not touch him or his summons, even going so far as to remove that summon -potentially the only thing that was saving him- from the battlefield. If that wasn't enough, the boy then decided to insult Odin, asking about his rotted brain after dismissing his summon.

There was nothing else, Odin just laughed. He had to. He chuckled in full force, causing all bystanders to, if they hadn't already, turn and look directly at him and the altercation going on. If the Lich could cry, he likely would be at what he had just witnessed, "You've got guts kid, but I've got a bit of advice: unless you wanna see those guts spilled all over the city, and trust me it's tempting, it might be better to shut up next time you get into a situation like this." The laughing stopped as Odin continued, his voice now slightly more serious, "I'm not gonna kill you today though, mostly because you've made me laugh." Odin would take a step back and bow low to the man.

"I am Odin, and I guess my question is simple: what happens to your summons if you die? They are created by your magic right? Does your death cause their existence to become void?" There was something hidden in Odin's otherwise inquisitive voice. Subtle, yet definitely noticeable. There was only one word to describe it: a threat.

#7Azure Fenic 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:31 pm

Azure Fenic

For someone so well known the bone man sure was carefree which was not in his records but then again he wasn't someone that would just do something without a reason. The people around them didn't really seem to care or at least want to get involved in this situation which he understood all too well sadly. Odin had started to speak to him in a rather friendly matter well as friendly as those in their line of work can get. The scholar could feel his heart beating faster as the man more or less warned him about his wording I have to get out of this and fast he thought to himself doing his best to keep a straight face. Odin went on to introduce himself and ask a question about summons and their link to their summoners.

"Oh I am well aware of just who you are Mr. Odin, former Fairy Tail member, who's currently working with a rather shady group," This was just some of the more basic information that he gathered during one of his slower days. Knowing who is a key figure was part of his job so it would stand to reason that he would have taken time to look into Odin in case a deal would need to be created but his information trail dies before he could learn more about his current activities.

Not wanting to give the Bone Man a reason to disembowel him Azure cleared his through and proceed to tell him the information about his summons "Well yes and no all summons have their own requirements and are normally never tied to summoner's life unless you want it to be. Just think of summons as a fraction of your subconscious that lives on a different plan than our own." it felt like he was teaching a class as some of the civies that were around them slowly made their way two to listen to the explanation. the scholar really hoped that this answer would satisfy Odin well for the time being.

{Sheet / Magic}
#8Odin † 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:50 am

Odin †

Odin couldn't help but laugh rather loudly as he jumped between killing this man, who hadn't even given his own name despite Odin giving his, and keeping him alive long enough for the Lich to gain the information he sought. The former Fairy Tail member part really got to Odin, and almost made him attack the boy there and then before he realised how silly that would be, "People finally made that connection? I was wondering how long it would take. But then again, given Lucas' sudden disappearance and Eternal Nightmare being formed with all of the people he had allied himself with, plus Odin, figured someone would work it out eventually." He stopped laughing as he looked at the boy, "You're actually smarter than you look. How about you join my 'shady group'?" While the offer may have seen almost entirely out of nowhere, it was something Odin had been thinking during their discussion. He wasn't scared of the Lich, had an interesting magic that allowed him to do something that Odin himself could not, and clearly had a good network of connections when it came to information gathering. That was a powerful combination in the eyes of the dark mage.

The information regarding his summons was also greatly welcomed, however sharp looks from Odin told the bystanders who were beginning to gather that doing so would end badly for them. It seemed that summons could be tied to the life (and ultimately death) of the summoner, but it was all up to the discretion of the mage themself. It was a sufficient answer to Odin's questions, but it begged a follow-up.

"What about you, then? Are your summons tied to your life or are they simply creations from another plane?"

#9Azure Fenic 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:38 pm

Azure Fenic

Most of the information that Odin had mentioned were things that he read about but couldn't really understand but at the same time, he needed to know more about everything that was happening with this Eternal Nightmare. While he talked Azure could still feel his heart racing even faster than before, was it from the threat/warning that was given, or was it just from the lack of an escape plan forming as from what he knows about Odin he can be the type of person that keeps his word on things but that can quickly change.

The skeletal man actually gave him a compliment as odd as that was "Thank you, good sir, I pride myself in having the most accurate information." he replied as he began to fidget with Elm behind his back. Even though he didn't really need the compliments given he knows that most people in his line of work require him to know the things that most of the public wouldn't. As Odin went on he brought more or less invited him to his little group of misfits which took him by surprise "J-join you...I am humbled that you would extend me such an offer but surely you wouldn't need someone of my skill set." the offer was rather tempting, to say the least given everything that was going on with his current group.

Rather quickly the scholar pulled himself together and refocused on the rest of their conversation which had circled back to Summons and their contractors which was something that he still didn't understand fully "That information is on a need to know Mr. Odin I can't just tell something like that," he told the Bone man as he took slowly moved his arm behind his back to pull out Elm just in case his words weren't to Odin's liking for some reason. His actions were just in case that Odin didn't take a liking to his reply and wanted to retaliate in some way.

{Sheet / Magic}
#10Odin † 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:11 am

Odin †

The more the man spoke, the more Odin wished for him to join them. He had the right amount of confidence in his words: not too arrogant, but also he knew that he was one of the best at what he did, and what he did was something Odin didn't have: a spy who could collect information from him. If this man knew about Lucas and Fairy Tail, then it's likely he knew a lot of secrets about other guilds: especially those that could prove to become an enemy in the future. He also was beginning to treat the Lich with the level of respect that a Wizard Lord (of which, Odin was the only one) normally commanded, and apparently the invitation to Eternal Nightmare came as a shock to him.

"You misunderstand, it is entirely because of your skill set that I'm offering this. You are a summoner, which means you have command over a study of magic that I myself have no had much experience with. Couple with with your ability to generation accurate information that most of the world is unaware of, and you become a very valuable asset, one whom I would be honoured to count among my peers." Odin decided to spell it out plainly: he wanted this man because he was unique, and Eternal Nightmare was the perfect place for unique individuals who wished to further their own goals, regardless of how many laws those goals affected.

He also knew the value of information, as he wasn't going to divulge any more on his own summons, lest Odin take advantage of that. Today was truly turning into a shrewd battle of wits, and it had been a long time since anyone had impressed Odin to this extent. He was actually enjoying himself today.

"That's what I like to hear. So how about a trade of information? I'll tell you the one thing that can destroy me, and you tell me your weakness. How does that sound?"

#11Azure Fenic 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Tue May 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Azure Fenic

The two of them seemed to have come to an understanding as to what was going to happen which was nice but at the same time, Azure could let his guard down for a second. Every around them more or less acted as if they weren't even their which was fine but at the same time, he could understand their reasoning for it. Even though their scales didn't exactly balance out given that one of them was a rather high-ranking magic user in their own right but in this current state they were nearly two beings conversing with one another about a common interest. As the two went on Odin went on to elaborate on just why he wanted the Informant to which he couldn't help but feel slightly embarrassed.

Not wanting to let the Bone man get to him with their words of flattery he knew that a response was needed. "Thank you for your kind words I would be honored to join you but at a later date as I some matters that need to be resolved first." even though his current guild wasn't ideal he still needed to use their assets to complete his end goal.

When the topic came back round to the summon the scholar couldn't really say no to anything else less he put his life on the line "You have created a fair case I accept your offer and terms. Most of my summons are tied to me in the way I mentioned before." this was a half-truth as he couldn't fully trust that he would actually give him such information that would lower his credit aumong the other informants and he was not about to let years of work just collapse on its self.

{Sheet / Magic}
#12Odin † 

Sign here and here [Odin] Empty Fri May 07, 2021 1:20 am

Odin †

Despite everything, the man decided to decline the invitation to join Eternal Nightmare. Odin wouldn't deny that he was disappointed, but murder and threat was not the way to go about it, so he simply had to accept the man's choice. At the very least, it wasn't a definitive no, rather it was a 'not at this moment'. Whether that meant he would join if asked again in the future or is he was just trying not to incur the wrath of the Lich was difficult to say, he had his own matters to deal with which Odin had no interest getting involved in. After all, he was about to learn something extremely interesting.

His summons were tied to his being. If he died, his summons would also be destroyed forever. It was a risky tactic but, like all things that came with risk, it likely gave him an immense power boost when it came to combat through his summons, in a similar fashion to Odin's phylactery. Summoning it on his person granted him an incredible boost to his mana, but at a potentially fatal cost. "The only thing that can permanently destroy a Lich is the destruction of its phylactery. That's where the soul of the Lich is held, and is what grants them undeath."

With their trade complete, Odin would simply wave a hand at the man and begin to walk away. He had learned a good deal of information surrounding summoners and their creations today, without losing out on too much in the end.

-Exit-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum