Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Associates of the Underground (Mission/Kazimir)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Jolyne Atreides 

Associates of the Underground (Mission/Kazimir) Empty Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:32 am

Jolyne Atreides

Another day and another string of disappearances, like poetry again she was paired with Kazimir to suss out this threat to the community. Hopefully this time there would not be as much collateral damage, but it sounded like yet another insidious scheme that sprouted in secrecy. The details given with the missions missive explained about how some of the missing people would be discovered as corpses with a single, continuous detail. A small hole that was bored seemingly without tooling into the back of the skull was found on each victim. This being the case, the two mages from Fairy Tail were dispatched to assess the situation and bring a stop to the preying upon the less fortunate.

Dressing herself in preparation of expected combat, the Lich would don her volcanic plate mail armor as well as a black sheer veil that covered the top of her head like a funeral shroud. Jolyne often found that with this and her cleaver she could sometimes trick the more foolish into thinking she was Death itself come to claim them. The subtle messing of perceptions of realities could give her enemies pause, which would give her the edge in her style of quick combat where split seconds where almost stretched into what seem like minutes thanks to adrenalin.

Leaving the hotel from which she was staying while in Hosenka, the Plant Mage would begin to head towards where she was meeting with Kazimir as detailed in the mission note she received. While on her way she would think about the area in which the bodies showed up, and where the disappearances took place. While it had taken her a while, before she would arrive Jolyne Atreides had triangulated two spots in which best to search for suspicious activity. She would bring up her suggestion to her Guild Master once they were both at the meeting spot, though whether he would already be there or not, she did not know.

327/2,000

#2Kazimir Seiryu 

Associates of the Underground (Mission/Kazimir) Empty Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:32 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
In some ways a darker mission than the last. No doubt the vibrant nightlife of the city was seething with misdeeds and evil. Kaz unveiled the letter and shook his head with a grin. Jolyne again, what an interesting twist of fate. Perhaps she was the Fairy Tail mage he was seeking after all. He tucked the note back into his robe and moved through the streets to the meeting spot. There was a nostalgia to these quests, but at the same time, he did miss the simplicity of monsters.

The wind mage arrived at the meeting spot early. Enough time to get a grasp on any threats that may lurk about. An attempt to avoid the missteps of last time and the surprise ambush that awaited them. With little else to do in the town, he took up his position atop a building and waited.

"Holes in the back of the head, huh. Fascinating," he pondered aloud. "I wonder what her thoughts are on this," he rolled the paper back up. He intended on letting her take the lead with this investigation. A sly way to see what kind of person she was. And it was a position more comfortable for Kazimir. He had his day in the sun and rushing forth into conflict. It was getting about time for a new generation to take life by throat.

Footsteps clacked on the street below. A daft wind blew threw like death had arrived. A feminine build stood with a thin veil over her face. A grim reaper come to meet him, but she was a little familiar now. The wind mage dropped down from the building.

"As ominous as ever I see. Good to be working with you again." He gave her a nod and turned to the long path in front of them. lanterns floating overhead.

"Any idea where you'd like to start?" He gazed back over his shoulder at her. The two undead of Fairy Tail ready to action. "You know I remember when race was a big hurdle. Distrust of the so-called dark races. Even banning them from the knights. What strange way things twist and turn."

wc 350/2000

#3Jolyne Atreides 

Associates of the Underground (Mission/Kazimir) Empty Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:08 am

Jolyne Atreides

Signaled to his coming by his utterance from above, the skeleton's skull split into a smile as she directed her face upward to accompany her goofy wave to Kaz. The Wind Mage was in his environment as he descended with his greeting, it appeared as though the Guild Master had in fact beaten her to the punch. A wise decision he made to take an avian eye over the scene considering the cause that brought the two Wizards together. The Lich wondered how Kazimir was doing as of late, hopefully her dropping the floor on him the other day was not the most exciting thing to happen to him recently.

"It's wonderful to see you in...high...spirits" the grin on Jolyne only grew larger as she delivered the pun within her response to her fellow guild mate. Growing a bit more somber she would respond to the situation at hand, "Well, I think there's either a local body dumping spot for some of the murderously inclined of the area we could go to. There is also a previously abandoned domicile on the outside of the districts a piece that has recent activity. Either spot would be a good place to start the investigation, but I defer to you as which to follow up first." The smile on the Lich's face would return from her more serious, though not dour resting face as she retorted to a bit of a lighter subject all things considered. "Well, it ultimately goes to show that the things that matter is where your mind and soul is in my understanding. I'm certain there are quite a few who would still rather not see us at all, but that's how it goes sometimes. Speaking of the Knights, forgive me and my...rotten...memory but what exactly is their ideals nowadays?" Delivering a question of her own she would probably be leading her Guild Master to whichever locale he had chosen to investigate first.

It would not take them long to arrive to either location, though both would have it's share of dangers. The Lich was curious as to what exactly was behind this recent string, furthermore why it seemed that a lot of darker actions were occurring here.

WC: 369/696/2,000

#4Kazimir Seiryu 

Associates of the Underground (Mission/Kazimir) Empty Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
He shook his head and laughed at the pun. "And good to see you can keep a sense of humor," he meant it. Something that was hard to come by in stressful times was a more jovial spirit. He crossed his arms and listened to the somber delivery of details from his guildmate. It was a dark picture that she painted but they were the ones to bring it to light.

"Hard choices to make," he was much more interested in knowing which one of the two she'd chose but as the choice was given to him, he'd accept. "Alright then. Let's go check out the domicile first. If it's on the outskirts and we encounter danger I can worry about my magic less out there," he responded knowing how inconvenient his magic could be.

"Can't argue with that," he shrugged at her mention of people still not wanting to see them. He had not yet gone public as a vampire and he wondered how the magical world would take that.

He gave a side laugh at her next pun masked in a serious question,"The knights. When I left the land, they didn't exist. Only fragmented bodyguards for the nobles and now they are reformed. I don't know where they stand. and to be honest...I only care so far as it affects my goals the guild and the people we protect." A part of him still missed the knights or at least what they were before.

They approached the old building on the outskirts. It was surrounded by abandoned buildings and a forgotten construction zone. Two men sat on the steps of the house they needed to enter. There were two stories and the second floor only had boarded-up windows. Kaz stopped ten or so meters away from it. "I can smell blood. On the steps and a hint of it within the building."

"Alright, Jo. how do you want to tackle this. Two men out front. Boarded windows. Unknown contents within. Sneak or smash are usually my options."
He waited for her decision, ready to cast magic or to engage in a bit of stealth. "You take point on this one and I'll follow your lead."

As they were speaking, a third man arrived with a large cloth covererd item and entered the building.

WC 410
Total 760

#5Jolyne Atreides 

Associates of the Underground (Mission/Kazimir) Empty Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:54 am

Jolyne Atreides

It was good indeed to keep a light spot of humor in darker times to avoid staring into the abyss long enough to become it. Nihilism was not something the Lich desired to fall into with her potential to languish in that belief for hundreds of years. As Kazimir would opt for the domicile where he could output more of his powers the Lich would nod with a smile and begin leading the duo out towards the place. Upon the way as they conversed they would speak of the Rune Knights and the skeleton would reply, "As far as I see they serve themselves primarily, I am rather leery of their current structure."

Jolyne Atreides paused, she could not smell the iron substance so the blood was not nearby. If her Guild Master had cast a spell to help his scent out, she would have saw it. What kind of item helped him discern this? A rather useful one if she had to guess, perhaps something to ask him later over a beer. For now, the shambling pile of bones refocused her attention on the mission at hand. Well, they had two options now as her companion had put it, sneak or smash.

Something seemed off as the Lich began her approach crouched along the fence line leading up to the area where now three men were, they seemed afraid. But why? Why would these men be afraid? Had Kazimir already activated another item to make them fearful somehow? This she doubted, and noticed the two standing guard now were more focused on the house where faint screams could be heard coming from. Those noises grew louder and louder until the third man was seen prying open the door to the house from the inside without the object he entered with.

Not a split second after however the door shut, and shortly after the screams stopped suddenly. The other two men now looked visibly upset at this revelation.

"Well fuck, smash it is then" Jolyne said jumping over the fence and beginning to approach the two men as she began to push up towards her running speed as well as withdrawing her cleaver from it's scabbard on her side. Instead of a mystery it seemed this would be a rather straight forward fight as the house began to shake now, whatever was inside was rather upset and rather large. Thanks to this the two men that were guarding now ran past Jolyne and Kazimir with only fear in their eyes, only eager to escape whatever was coming out to greet the two Mages.

WC: 433/1,129/2,000

#6Kazimir Seiryu 

Associates of the Underground (Mission/Kazimir) Empty Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:24 am

Kazimir Seiryu
Kazimir nodded as Jo spoke about being leery of the knights. It was something he was used to when he was in service of the knights and it seemed that things were the same now as they were back then. "I guess bringing them back from the dead didn't change much." Even during his sevice the knights had issues with higher command.

He looked over Jo, realizing she may think it odd he could detect blood from so far away. He was to use to being open abiout his condition in hsi seclusion in the east. She didn't ask anything about it and so he followed her down the fence. The smell of blood grew even stronger. It permeated his nostrils and sent worry shivering through him. The sound of screams made the wind mage stand up. The guards flashed a paniced look at the door. The third man clawed for freedom but was drug back to the pits. Kaz was ready to move and Jolyne affirmed the same.

"I'll get the men out of the," he said as he ran alongside Jolyne but the men were already storming off towards them.

Kazimir hoped out of their way and glared at the rumbling house. The door burst from its hinges. The man that had entered before staggered out with his feet shambling together. His eyes were solid dark with a strange flame-like blue light radiating from them. The man collapsed. The back of his neck had a wisp of shadow bored into the base of his skull. blood ran down the sides. The wisp of shadow pulsed and drained more of his essence away, seeming to turn his life force into shadow. The clouds parted and moonlight flashed through the doorway. The wisp of shadow floated like flotsam back to a large hulking figure, merging with its body.

"I'll cover you," Kazimir replied as he thrust both hands in opposite directions sending blades of wind out from each. The blades spun with one coming at the creature from the left and the other to the right.

The being seemed to have a trail of shadow that drifted down to the basement.  

WC: 380
Total: 1140

Monster:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum