Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Path of the Dragon Pt. 3 [solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Jan Ren 

Path of the Dragon Pt. 3 [solo] Empty Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:57 am

Jan Ren
"See this right here?" The smirking detective's face had become engraved in the Sinese' mind by this point as he had seen it one too many times; though as of late such has been followed by some sort of disappointment. Nevertheless, this time had a rather solid plan in store and Jan Ren held confidence in the detective's idea. "This baby here's got enough power to knock out a wyvern. We only need a few drops of this... And bam! We got ourselves a sleeping boss." Seriously, where did he even get his hands on such a thing? A powerful sleeping drug like that ought to be illegal. Funny how a law-enforcer happened to be the one handing it out, as opposed to the Yakuza the protagonist had gotten himself working for.

The plan was simple; with the recent discovery of the Ouroboros tattoo over the unknown man's left pectoral muscle, Weirdlock's suspicions turned to the leading figure of the Black Dragons: their boss. His name omitted because ultimately he's not important for this quest as much as I'd like him to be, though it was highly likely that he of all people would have a tattoo like that present on his body. And to inspect that unnoticed, they needed him asleep and available. So the execution? Slip a few drops of the sleeping drug into the boss' tea before it is served, and have the detective sneak in the middle of the party, or night -- whichever seemed more convenient at the time, to inspect the boss' body up close. This time, the Sinese held absolute confidence in the plan working; taking on the request despite the obvious danger it held. Weirdlock didn't seem like the type, but had the general feeling of someone who was not just sharp; but good at running away if the situation called for it. As such, even if they get caught. At least the operation could go on. Jan Ren would be fine if he was found out, for sure.

He was serving a "different boss", after all.

WC: 344

Path of the Dragon Pt. 3 [solo] 2_1
Clickey for sheety
#2Jan Ren 

Path of the Dragon Pt. 3 [solo] Empty Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:03 am

Jan Ren
All seemed to go rather well. Reaching the Black Dragons' gambling den as he redonned himself in the same old suit he was used to wearing by this point, Jan Ren played casually as he bet a couple Jewels in some poker game; coming to learn that the goons were actually decent people through their gaming ethics. They may have been criminals, but playing amongst themselves when the stakes were properly defined proved their honor to be much more present than he had given them credit before. Perhaps he'd fit in if he came to earning their submission one day.

...What was he thinking?? Just because he happened to have a small gang of sixteen willing to serve him didn't mean at all he needed to start pondering about widening his field of influence! These guys weren't silly teenagers, they were criminals! Adults who were more than up for serving a period behind bars, not just a couple punks who went around doing graffiti in the streets! He'd chastise at himself for even coming up with the idea later.

Soon enough, someone claimed to go make tea for the boss. This was his chance. "Then I will be taking my leave too." Using the opportunity to escape from the gaming table, the Sinese was quick to drop two to three drops into each of the cups prepared. Apparently the boss was having a meeting of some sort in his closed quarters. But right before he left the grunt to hand the tea to the boss, an unexpected underboss appeared. "Ahh, yeah, lemme serve the big guy this time." Yomu claimed, smiling as ever and seeming... Elevated. Cheeks flushed red as his body swayed here and there, the rotund man quickly took the tray from his subordinate and made his way to meet with the boss.

...He was surprisingly stable for a drunk man.

WC: 657

Clickey for sheety
#3Jan Ren 

Path of the Dragon Pt. 3 [solo] Empty Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:10 am

Jan Ren
Yomu reeked of alcohol and smoke. The cigar smoke was a given seeing how the middle-aged underboss obviously had a smoking problem, never found without at least a pipe or a cigar lit in his mouth; though the alcohol contents were a new addition. It wasn't farfetched to assume he was a heavy drinker; literally. With his stature it made all too much sense that he'd require far more than the average person's intake to get hammered. So perhaps him smelling so foully strong off the drug was really because of his elongated drinking period. The only thing Jan Ren was left to wonder was, whoever was it that could stand there and drink alongside this giant of a meatball.

His thoughts were cut short after a short-lived game at the gambling table when Yomu burst out violently, breaking the wall in the process of disregarding his size in comparison to the door's parameters. "T-The Boss!!!" He screamed out, frantically; sunglasses nearly flung away from his face. "THE BOSS--"

...Oh no.

"THE BOSS IS DEAD~~!!!!"

The gambling den's sudden moment of silence couldn't be described better than the calm before the storm. One by one, the Yakuza's voices began breaking the shock as soon enough there wasn't a single person keeping quiet. How was that possible? What happened?? "I-I saw him!!" Yomu dramatically began, tears flowing from his eyes as he fell to his knees; hands reaching to claw at his own throat in stress. "The Boss, h-he gargled and choked to death!! I saw it with my own eyes!!!" For such a usually carefree and jolly man, this was definitely a new sight. And easily the one side of Yomu Jan Ren had probably been better avoiding. "It was... The tea." He suddenly decided.

...Hold on. "(I don't like where this is going...!)"

"THE TEA WAS POISONED!!!" ---And whoever was it that touched the tea last, I wonder?

WC: 976

Clickey for sheety
#4Jan Ren 

Path of the Dragon Pt. 3 [solo] Empty Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:19 am

Jan Ren
Almost immediately upon the giant's following accusation, Jan Ren found himself chased around. The doors were locked soon after the underboss' accusation, trapping everyone from the family inside to pinpoint exactly who did the deed. And all fingers pointed to the newbie, Jan Ren from Tenma-gumi; as he was the last person to touch the tea. "(That's impossible...!! Did Weirdlock set me up!?)" Or rather. Did someone else sabotage the tea?

That didn't matter. As it stood, the young wizard had a hoard of enemies chasing him around in a small area; which, while their numbers were vast, happened to be the last of his problems. "You aren't getting away~!!" ...Because alongside those small-fry goons, an awfully enraged -- but thankfully drunk -- Yomu, joined the chase. His massive limbs thrown around whenever he managed to close in on the Sinese, easily breaking and smashing through wood, glass and stone alike. Just how powerful was this guy anyway!?

Eventually, by sheer luck. Jan Ren managed to find an opening by leaping on top of the rotund man's back, using his body as a stepping stone to make a spectacular leap towards the tallest window; "You're not getting away!!" Though the underboss' protests and demands were fully heard as the goons grabbed their guns to try and shoot the airborne "traitor" down, his armor proved thick enough to stop the bullets from piercing through. Making it through the window, falling flat to the ground and immediately running away. Weirdlock, who had been waiting outside, wasted no time in waiting around; fully grasping what had happened through whatever he could hear.

"CURSE YOU, TENMA-GUMI~~!!!"

How was this possible?

Through a small chase conducted outside, Jan Ren and Weirdlock ended up in a secluded alleyway, having managed to get into proper hiding. "I..." He started; "I definitely put just three drops tops...! How--"

"It's Yomu." The detective cut off, frustrated as he proceeded to punch a near wall in the obvious attempt to let off steam. "It's Yomu!! He poisoned the tea while serving it!! For fuck's sake... We were set up from the start!!"

WC: 1,326

Clickey for sheety
#5Jan Ren 

Path of the Dragon Pt. 3 [solo] Empty Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:19 am

Jan Ren
...With the exception of beating up Yakuza members to join a gang and possibly promoting their ranks through debt collection, among other things... Alright, on second thought it might NOT have been -- probably the lower request Jan Ren had undertook. That said, it definitely gave a good run for its money with the other seemingly despicable tasks he was given. Except that unlike the previous ones, this one ended on a much more sour note. "Dammit... We were careless." Clicking his tongue in irritation, the pompadour'd lowered his head as his hair pointed to the floor. Holding back visible frustration as the Sinese could feel a terribly sour taste in his mouth. "I'm... Sorry." He apologized, fists clenched as the duo returned from their failure of an attempt. They had long since lost their pursuers and were fortunately lucky enough to escape unscathed, but this didn't mean anything if their goal was nowhere near achievement anymore.

"You shouldn't blame yourself, Jan Ren." Weirdlock sighed, realizing his mood was serving some high effect on his aid. "We couldn't have known. You were only involved for a short while... Your 'coronation' hasn't even been set yet. These things do happen sometimes..." Despite the detective's attempt at cheering his partner up, it served little purpose. The Sinese had designated this as a personal failure, not being able to see through the to-be foe's actions when he had the chance. No, it's beyond failing to see it through; "I was right there." He complained; "I had a feeling my nose wasn't just acting up. And yet, I... ...Dammit." Teeth clenched as he came to a halt, Jan Ren's fist clutched tighter. Noticing this, the detective's pace soon slowed until he stopped completely, looking to the young man behind him for a moment before turning to face him.

"Listen." He said, placing a hand over his shoulder; garnering the Blue Pegasus wizard's attention. "This wasn't your fault, okay? Don't beat yourself too hard over it. We'll think up something else soon. How about some food for now?"

WC: 1,668

Clickey for sheety

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum