Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Underground Associates | I. [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ezekiel II 

Underground Associates | I. [Quest] Empty Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Ezekiel and Mlezi walked silently through the Crimson Quarter. They had been travelling all throughout the city but refused to see this part until they witnessed the beautiful parts of Hosenka first. Not much happened so far though. The duo wasn't bored, but they expected to see some crazy things here. From what Zee heard Hosenka was like "Las Vegas" though "Las Vegas" was only a fictional place mentioned in an old book he read, still, it seemed quite similar. Mlezi the Dardian Guardian strolled alongside his partner with not a hint of fear. Ezekiel, on the other hand, was full of anxiety. Not only was he in a new country, but he also didn't seem to have transcended beyond his original amount of power. As far as he could tell, he was as strong as he was before the Grand Rising ceremony. As far as he was concerned, he was a D rank mage. The night sky was clear and despite how bright the stars shined, the Crimson Quarter was as dark as ever. In the distance, Zee could hear gunshots and noise but every time he thought he had been approaching the action, it seemed to move further away. "This place is not the most welcoming, but it is important to see the way citizens live here." Mlezi simply grunted. That's really all he ever did, yet still, it was comforting. Most of the time Ezekiel just pretended like he knew what his companion was saying. Some of the time he knew exactly what he was saying. Unlike Ezekiel, Mlezi was a born warrior. His kind often helped the Ainkens fight off dark spirits or other enemies. If danger ever tried to stroll towards the direction of the wood-elf, Mlezi would surely make it go away.

There was hardly any authority in this part of the city. Ezekiel found himself walking past homeless people far too often since he came here. He felt helpless because he could not offer them the funds they needed to secure another meal. Down here it was a human eat human world. He did notice how the people looked at him. There was interest in their eyes when they gazed upon the paladin, but that look in their eyes shifted completely when they saw the beast beside him. If Z didn't know any better, he'd say that Mlezi enjoyed the reactions. "We should find something to eat. I'm getting hungry." The teen stated. The truth was, strolling through the streets of this dark and lawless place was definitely not in the duo's best interest. With a nod, the Dardian's stomach rumbled like an earthquake in the desert. Everyone heard it. Zeke couldn't help but giggle. The Fairy knew nothing about this place so he couldn't exactly point towards a good restaurant but then someone caught his eye. A hooded woman had been moving towards their direction, most likely to continue on in the opposite direction, but she did seem to be in a rush.

"Hey! Hello, sorry! You look like you're in a rush but do you know any good restaurants around here?"

500/2,000

#2Ezekiel II 

Underground Associates | I. [Quest] Empty Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:16 am

The woman stopped in her tracks. Her first instinct was to flip the elven boy off, but she seemed to have come to her senses when she saw the huge golem beside Z. The woman's eyes widened and slowly she approached the Dardian. Mlezi's first instinct was to defend himself so without further adieu, he dropped his hands and balled his fists. Ezekiel didn't need to look at his comrade to know what could happen if this woman pressed him the wrong way, so he quickly shot his arm up so that the mysterious hooded lady couldn't advance further. Suddenly she turned to Ezekiel, eyes still widened. She looked interested more than surprised or shocked. "Is this your creature?" Ezekiel rubbed his head, and Mlezi grunted. "My creature? Of course not, he's my friend." The elf stated. He was slightly offended by her use of words but ignored it for the moment. "He looks strong. Can he talk? Can he fight? Can he use magic? Such a beautiful creature..." Now this was just getting a little weird. Zee twisted his face and glanced over at Mlezi who'd been staring the woman dead in her eyes. "Uhh...no, he can not talk, yes he can fight and- wait, I'm sorry Miss but we're just looking for a place to eat."

"Oh! Yes, yes! I'll take you. Sorry for asking so many questions, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Elizabeth Malrwy." The woman calmed herself. Now, Ezekiel could tell that she wasn't some creepy lady who wanted to experiment on Mlezi. Underneath her hood, Zeke could see short blond hair that stopped just above her shoulders. Her eyes were a shimmering blue, like the ocean on a bright summer day. "My name is Ezekiel. A pleasure to meet you? Which way is the restaurant?" The woman nodded and pointed towards the direction but insisted on coming with Ezekiel and Mlezi. So, the duo allowed her to tag along. The walk wasn't too long. Maybe around ten minutes or so. Ezekiel learned that Elizabeth was working for the government of Hosenka and specifically worked towards recruiting mages to take down crime lords in the Crimson Quarter for pay. She explained that things were getting worse around here. Ezekiel wasn't surprised by the information though. Already he had noticed how different this part of the city was compared to the other parts and to be quite honest, he did want to do something about it. Elizabeth was obviously asking the duo to take on a mission without actually asking yet.

The three of them finally entered a restaurant. It was a run-down place and poorly regulated but the lady was convinced that their food was excellent, so, of course, Ezekiel ordered a full course meal. Mlezi was vegetarian, so he ordered 3 plates of salad and fruits. Ezekiel on the other hand ordered burgers, fries, onion rings, and a milkshake. In fact, this would be his very first time trying all of these things. In Savannah, there was hardly food like this.

1,000/2,000

#3Ezekiel II 

Underground Associates | I. [Quest] Empty Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:43 pm

Surprisingly the greasy fatty foods tasted exactly how they looked; good. To say the very least, Ezekiel was pleasantly surprised and was a little bit more trusting of the woman sitting across from him and Mlezi. She didn't eat anything except a few fries, something urgent was pressing her mind. Ezekiel decided to ask her about it, and happily, she revealed that she wanted Ezekiel and his companion to take on the quest. She ensured half payment before and the rest if everything was successful. At first, Ezekiel was going to deny, but then he thought about how broke he was becoming. It didn't help that he had this strange desire to help people. Yes, it was good to help people but sometimes Ezekiel didn't know when not to help. The woman said that the task was simple. All he had to do was get into a certain building, figure out where the weapons were and all the weak points of the building, then return to her. Easy enough, Ezekiel wasn't fit for a fight so he'd have to use his hunter instincts. Elizabeth warned the duo that the crime lord of this specific drug gang was very very ruthless. She explained how he was a diagnosed psychopath.

"So you're saying I have to kill him?" Ezekiel asked bluntly.

"Hm? Oh, no, I'm saying he's going to kill you if you aren't too careful."

"Oh, thank god."

"Thank god?"

"Yeah. I don't kill people, so things would have gotten awkward very quickly if murder was one of the payout requirements." He then stood slid out of the booth and stretched, burping as he yawned. Mlezi slid out after him, waiting for Zeke's commands. "Okay, we will be back in an hour or two." Two hours tops. That was the challenge time. The pair of Savannan's quickly made their way to the destination. It was on the other side of the Quarter, but all in all not too far from where they were. This building was deep within the woods, surrounded by trees and only a few guards. Two stood at the door.

Ezekiel turned to his companion and told him the strategy. Then immediately the two of them sprung into action. Mlezi dove into the ground while the wood-elf quickly approached the two guards. "Hi! I'm selling flowers to fund my school's trip to Seven this summer would you like t-" The guards weren't trying to hear anything that the young elf had to say. "Boy, you shouldn't be here. Go on." But of course, Ezekiel insisted. "Wait but this could reeeeeeeaaalllly help me go on that trip." Once he got within 2 meters of the guards, they lowered their weapons. "Listen, kid, we said we-" Quickly Zeke stepped forward, grabbed the spear and pulling it so that his enemy would fall right into his knee as he lifted it. He'd snatch the spear and slam the flat side onto his head before using the other end to swing upward onto the chin of the other guard. Just like, he had easily defeated two guards.

"I guess I do still have it, huh?"

1,500/2,000

#4Ezekiel II 

Underground Associates | I. [Quest] Empty Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:10 pm

For a moment Ezekiel stood outside of the building waiting for his companion to hurry up. Finally, the door clicked and there Mlezi stood. He used a spell that allowed him to dig through the ground and rise from the ground about 15 meters away. It was definitely a worthy spell, only thing was that Mlezi was incapable of attacking immediately after coming out of the ground. Hence why he may have taken longer than Ezekiel initially thought. When Mlezi opened the door, the elf silently stepped inside. Not many people were adept at hunting Wood-elves. They didn't have a specific scent on their own and move a lot lighter than the average person.  If Zeke wasn't so worried about his own power, he would have told his Dardian Guardian to remain as the lookout outside. Alas, the elf was unaware of what he was capable of these days. Now that they were both inside, the first thing they needed to do was find the weaponry. The building wasn't anything amazing, but despite its size, it was a decently tall structure. 3 floors, which about 7 guards on each floor. Ezekiel dashed through the building silently, hiding behind walls, and bending certain ways to ignore cameras and alarms. At some point, Mlezi knew he couldn't do the same thing, yet still, he refused to leave his friend. "Found it." Zee whispered. Then the two of them entered a room full of magical guns. Lacrima's were implanted in most of them, but they didn't seem like anything other than pistols and rifles. "Weaponry on the third floor, about 18 guards in total for the timeframe between Ten PM and Eleven-thirty PM. Four cameras in the weaponry, but none throughout the whole third floor." He noted. With that mental note, it was safe to say that the duo had found all they needed to.

With nothing left on the agenda, Ezekiel led the way and the friends quickly found their way out, the same way they found their way in. The only difference was that the guards on the floor were still knocked out and nobody noticed yet. Either these guys were amateurs, the Savannans got lucky, or both. Either way, the mission was done. The fairies made their way back to the restaurant where Elizabeth was at and told her everything. She listened and nodded, writing down notes to give to her boss. When the deed was done, she handed over a bag of jewels and thanked them for their work, reminding them to come back down to the crimson quarter when they needed good-paying jobs. The pay was actually great, but the job was way too easy. In fact, the wood-elf was surprised that she was even willing such a vast amount of money. There was still more to see here, but they definitely wouldn't be staying long. Maybe he could give out some of these jewels to the homeless..

2,000/2,000

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum