Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beauty and the Beast [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tenshi † 

Beauty and the Beast [Private] Empty Thu May 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Tenshi †

Continuing his investigation of this new and distinct world, his research had brought him to Myras. A city that certainly had not existed in his prior world now stood in the southern base of the continent. It had been built practically from the mountain range, a testament to either how advanced civilization was in this world or how stubborn. He had asked about it as he entered, and luckily enough it seemed as though he was not the only one uninformed of this city. Many citizens of Fiore, they said, had never even been there.

It was a city that was operated by an unholy alliance of merchants and Lords. One thing that likely didn't change regardless of the world one lived in was the greed of those individuals. They took pride in their hoards of money and power, but they all played for scraps for the real movers and shakers of society. Still, for the plans that Tenshi had, one would expect him to force meetings with those who led this city. His goals would require finances, items that he did not have, and power he had not yet attained. Yet, rather than go to the castle or the upper districts, he had traveled here.

The lower district was home to the poorest of Myras, and like one would expect, it made up the vast bulk of the populous. In his past life, it was people like this that actually saw him as a sort of antihero. He brought war to their country, but he fought against powers that they themselves felt crushed by. He had become a sort of necessary evil to them, and they had formed a foundation that made him almost untouchable. Even the guild alliances that formed to stop him had found themselves viewed as the aggressors, attempting to stop a man who was bringing change and hope for a fair future.

Yet even now he had not come to gather people to his cause. For that he was still much too new to this world. He needed knowledge before anything else, and for that he didn't need hoards of people coming to his cause. He needed to find a single person, or even an organization, to align himself with. Not an alliance, necessarily. Just a mutually beneficial arrangement.

As he made his way through the lower district, he found an almost a certain charm by how little those who inhabited this location cared. None of them saw Tenshi as, well, anyone of significance. They couldn't sense any of his manga, or recognize the rarity or power of his equipment. They simply pushed through the crowd, same as always, trying to get to their destination. The only thing that they would notice, and only after the fact, was that if they tried to shoulder past him it would be like trying to push through a wall.

Despite the inability of the average person to distinguish Tenshi, he was not bound by such shortcomings. One of the dangers of coming to a place filled with the poor and desperate was that those who were distinguished separated themselves from the crowd.

Even if they were literally separated from the crowd.

Tenshi's eyes, darting through the streets, came to rest on someone who stood in a way that felt neither separated nor a part of the city. To the side of an alley, alone but in a gown and adorned with gear far too nice to be a part of the Lower District, a woman stared into the crowd the way one might watch nature. A sense of intrigue and disconnect laced her face, he thought, and he realized she was the one he should be speaking with.

Pushing his way now through the people, he made himself out of the crowd just before where she stood. The man, who already stood out when surrounded by others, would grab ones attention even easier now.

He looked different from his surroundings in every way. Poking out from behind him was the hilt of his sword, made of a material that appeared to be gold. Hugging his torso was a set of armor that looked quite well made, and one of his hands was crested with a ring. His skin was dark, many shades tanner than anyone else in this city; even the ones who obviously worked in the sun. His face, specifically his forehead and neck, were tattooed in a way that likely drew attention. Below his left eye was a beauty mark, and his actual hues were a gold that matched his weapon. He approached the woman from an angle, ensuring she could see his approach if she paid him any mind, and stopped around a meter away.

"Hello there," he began with a smile, one that felt more polite than kind. "Could I take a moment of your time?"

Beauty and the Beast [Private] D09aavQ
#2Kaiser 

Beauty and the Beast [Private] Empty Sat May 30, 2020 4:25 am

Kaiser

revel in chaos;  

Beauty and the Beast [Private] SmwXEG9

Myras was one of those cities that weren’t very connected with the rest of Fiore, until recently. Kaiser wouldn’t even be here if it wasn’t for the meeting with the guildmistress of Blue Pegasus, and apart from that, she was barely interested in the ongoings of this, quite frankly, dull city. For the time being, however, she decided she would go on a solo tour around the city without Daryl or Pabu by her side. No one really knew who she was here—not yet, at least—so it was easier to roam about. Clad in her usual attire, the aimless wanderer found herself in the streets of the Lower District. How the districts existed in such a way that Myras seemed to be a nation of its own intrigued her; it stood out from the other cities of Fiore. The classification of rich and poor was quite distinct, though she wasn’t very fond of that, but that wasn’t her business or concern at the moment.

Weaving her way through the tangle of alleys, the pale sorceress finally came to a halt at an opening of an alleyway where she could see a mass of the district’s inhabitants go about their day. It was a barely noticeable spot where she stood, but for her it was the perfect place to observe the crowd. Dressed in her usual outfit ridden with flowers and equipped in the expensive gear that she possessed, maybe she did stand out to an observant dawdler within the area. In case of danger there was no one to protect her but herself, so she was armed as an act of caution, having willed for her talisman to pick up any ill intent directed towards her during her tour.

However, something else was picked up while she gazed emptily at the mob—a reserve of mana not as large as hers, but still noticeably substantial. Surprisingly, the carrier of this reserve was approaching her, causing her to listlessly avert her attention towards the tall, dark figure. Of course, she noticed immediately his golden optics that aesthetically stood out, the tattoo on his forehead seeming to bring focus to them, and then she caught sight of the protruding hilt of his weapon. He stopped about a meter away from her position and politely requested for her time. From his looks and the way he spoke, she could tell that he didn’t belong to this place, but what could he possibly want her time for? The nightwalker remained in her languid posture as she responded to the man, nonetheless cautious in case he proved to mean harm. “If you are worthy.”

Beauty and the Beast [Private] Sigbys10

m a t r i a r c h y
#3Tenshi † 

Beauty and the Beast [Private] Empty Sat May 30, 2020 10:40 pm

Tenshi †
Now that he was allowed a better chance to look at this woman, he could better appreciate how little she suited the lower district of Myras. This went beyond her staff, her jewelry, and the garbs that appeared of far better quality than even the most expensive clothing he had come across. The way she carried herself was that of a leader, or at the very least someone who viewed themselves as above others. The gaze she gave him when he approached was one of appraisal, and her words were spoken as one who understood their authority.

"More than you can imagine, I assure you.

His own words came across with a similar sense of power behind them, a light bow given to her that represented respect without submission. He aimed to lock eyes with her, although he ensured that his face was properly tilted down as to eliminate the illusion of him being able to look down upon her. As his gaze settled upon her sapphire orbs, he offered a polite smile.

"My name is Tenshi, and I am new to Fiore. As you can imagine that means I am terribly misinformed as to the current state of the country. I can't very well begin planning my next steps if I don't understand my footing, and I hoped you would be willing to talk with me for a short while so that I can better understand the world around me." He wished to get to the point quickly, as the last thing one wanted to do when meeting a standoffish stranger was to monologue.

As he talked to her, he began to wonder who this woman was. Those he had interacted with up to this point had behaved subserviently to him. They were quick to bow their heads, fearing conflict in one way or another, and would answer his every question without issue. This woman was different. She had immediately met him head on, a confidence that told him she was not one to trifle with lightly. He lacked knowledge of who she was, and he had no ability to sense mana or understand the depth of her power. However, he would be a fool to simply assume her confidence was baseless. And so, as they would continue, he would make sure to give her the respect that he himself would expect; at least for now.

Beauty and the Beast [Private] D09aavQ
#4Kaiser 

Beauty and the Beast [Private] Empty Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Kaiser

revel in chaos;  

Beauty and the Beast [Private] 662c0213

As the two strangers stood in the opening of the alleyway, the commotion in the streets carried on in the background and above them, the heavens shifted in color to signal the beginning of an end, casting a faint coral gleam on the restless city beneath it. Sooner than later, they would witness what went on in the Lower District after nightfall.

Kaiser’s attention was fixated entirely on the stranger as he spoke about being new to Fiore and wanting to have a short chat with her in the hopes of being informed about the ongoings of the nation. She assumed immediately that he was interested in the political situation of the country, but she chose not to speak of her assumption. The vampire held his firm gaze as if to contest the aureate glimmer in his eyes with her own amethyst hues. She was more interested in finding out his intentions of acquiring such information.

Ever the curious one, Kaiser began by asking him a question of her own. “Where are you from then?” Tenshi was a very Joyan name, and hearing it immediately reminded her of the childhood years she cherished back in that country...and the following event of having to retreat back to Bosco as a result of family feuds...and her final time in that suffocating hole where she vegetated for years, with no parent and no place to call a proper home.

“My name is Kaiser. I may not have the right answers to your questions, but you can go ahead.” She supposed there was no harm in engaging with this individual or introducing herself, since he mentioned his lack of familiarity with the prevailing state of Fiore. Recognizing who she was from hearing just her first name seemed highly unlikely. Besides, she was searching for a way to pass her time other than studying the city and the nature of its citizens. Who was to say that this fine gentleman wouldn’t be able to entertain her in her idle time?

Beauty and the Beast [Private] Sigbys10

m a t r i a r c h y

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum