Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kenzo Valens 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Mon May 04, 2020 9:59 pm

Kenzo Valens
The mercenary came out of his room as quickly as he could. All of what was happening was quite surreal for him. Taking a cloak and pulling it over his head, the male jumped up to the nearest rooftop as he skipped from one building to the other. He had no trouble crossing the distance between buildings with a single hop. As he started moving closer towards the city’s center, he took out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it for a smoke.

The young male needed to clear his mind a little bit. For some reason, Kenzo had been assigned a bounty a couple of days ago. And a huge one to bout. This was just the reality of this country. Even if he had taken a couple of jobs in Port Astera and was charged with protecting the people from huge sea monsters, they didn’t care at all. Apparently, these so-called “endangered species” had been massacred by the warrior to the brink of extinction. ”Bah! Tell that to the damn fishermen crying tears of gratitude after saving them” was the only thing he could mutter before resigning to his new reality. Labeling him a criminal, the young Bellan swordsman had received the second biggest bounty in all of Fiore. It was quite comical in reality. For years, Kenzo had lived as a mercenary and an occasional bounty hunter. Now, he was on the other side of a bounty board. If that wasn’t hard enough, his reputation had been spreading for the last couple of months at speeds he didn’t expect. He was starting to get recognized whenever he went out to the streets by strangers. Now that he had such a big price over his head, he was sure there would be even more people that could put his name to his face.

”This is such a pain” Were the only words the male said as the night air breezed past his face. Whatever the case, Kenzo simply had to think for a minute by himself. As he exhaled smoke from the cig on his hand, he couldn’t help but sigh as he admired the beauty of the night sky. He had always loved watching at the stars, there was something about them that made him feel connected to his homeland and reminded him of better times. However, those were days long gone.

The pondering swordsman was brought out of his trance by the sudden surge of sound from up ahead. There was a theater or something, and people were cheerfully getting inside in expectation to the play. Thinking that perhaps the play could help him take his mind away from his worries, the male decided to try out his luck. There was obviously a chance of getting spotted by someone, but he really doubted they'd pay attention to him given his current attire. As he threw the barely consumed cigarette to the ground, the male jumped back to the street and started making his way towards the crowd. ”Yeah, I really hate smoking.”

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] IgtZBYS
#2Lucian V. Crimson 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Tue May 05, 2020 1:26 am

Lucian V. Crimson
Marigold was always alight with the flowing lights of grandeur when the theater came alive, the city was washed in a somber glow as the locals and travelers alike clamored towards the theater to enjoy the various shows of the evening, the city came together in collective unison to enjoy the fruits of labor produced by the various members of the theater company. And once again among the crowds was Lucian, he had found himself coming increasingly often to the shows in the recent weeks. He had come to find that Marigold, unlike Oak lacked some elements of fun or enjoyment. The same pubs, inns, and taverns served the same locals who continuously patronized the area. And any traveler was quick to come and go. But who could blame them, Marigold was a city for the family or those who settled down. No one came to Marigold to revel, they came here to retire, but yet, there was always diamonds to be found among the rough.

Lucian, study the surrounding crowds, the excited chatter in the air, seemed to arc-like joyous electricity throughout the medium, everyone was ready for tonight's show. As for him, he had come here hoping to run into something interesting, the last few shows had not been his cup of tea nor preference and so they had been bores to sit through. And yet, he couldn't turn away. Maybe in some crazed sense of chaotic irony, he kept coming back expecting a difference, expecting to be...

That man...the light blue hair, the jawbone and bone teeth. He knew of that man from the rumors, he heard of a beast of sorts that roamed Fiore with blue hair and indomitable aura. Though judging from his smell, the man was no beast he had encountered, he smelled more like cigarette smoke than anything else, but yet his form though hidden by a large cloak was still undeniable. A true being of battle. To think that he would be here, just strolling through the city, was insanity, to say the least. Though, he seems to be strangely calm and at some sense of peace. What was he doing here? Was he just here to relax, or was he hear to bring forth chaos.

Clearly fate had it determined that I was supposed to be here, and so I'll wait and watch, for now.

The Harbinger of WarFortune wheelLucian's character sheet.

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Qhre37u

Speech

Even if the morrow is barren of Promises
Nothing shall forestall my return
To become the dew that quenches the land
To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice
#3Kenzo Valens 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Tue May 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Kenzo Valens
The blue haired man continued his stroll as he approached the entrance to the theater. He was not wearing any of his gear on his person, except for the small useful ring resting on his finger. Kenzo surely didn’t want to attract any unnecessary attention to himself, and he sure as hell was not looking to stir some trouble either. However, he was prepared if the need came to be. As he approached the line to buy tickets, he couldn’t help but sigh at the thought of having to wait for so long. However, the task would become all the more bearable when a person selling popcorn passed through the place and offered her salted snacks to all of the people waiting in line. ”I’ll be getting one please said the merc with a calm voice as he raised his hand towards the young woman. Next to him, a young kid pulled from his mother’s dress as she begged at her.

”Moom! Please let me get some popcorn~ I promise I will eat dinner later. Can we pleeeeeease?” The mother looked at her child as she placed her hand over her hair. ”I’m sorry darling. I forgot my purse at home. I only have enough money with me to buy the tickets right now. It will have to be next time, okay?” she told her with a sweet tone. Puffing her cheeks, the little girl’s eyes started to fill with the faintest show of tears as she answered in a noticeable sad voice. ”O-okay…”

Kenzo, who had just finished paying for his popcorn by that moment, chuckled as he turned once more towards the vendor. ”Make it two please” Once he paid for it, the swordsman lowered his body and put himself eye-level with the girl. ”There’s no way a play is a play if you don’t get popcorn, right? the merc flashed a smile at her as she took a step back and tried to hide behind her mom’s dress. ”Here you go. Just make sure you share with your mom kid.” Handing the bucket of popcorn, the little girl shyly extended her hand before her expression was lit with excitement. Nodding happily, she grabbed the snack as she answered in a happy manner. Thank you mister!~ The girl’s mother looked at the male once he rose and muttered a silent thank you as well. ”Don’t worry about it” he answered whilst scratching the back of his head.

By that moment, it was finally the male’s turn. After buying a single ticket, Kenzo entered the theater’s building and looked at the clock hung above a pair of finely crafted doors. There were still around 20 minutes before the show started, so he had some time to spare. Finding the establishment’s small bar at the end of the hallway, the Bellan swordsman decided to sit on an empty spot by the counter as he ordered a drink. He lowered his head as he took a sip from his glass, making sure to conceal his appearance as best as he could. Marigold was quite a small town from the looks of it. The type of place where almost nothing happened, as far as he could tell. Taking another sip from his drink, he wondered if there would be anything exciting waiting for him in this place while he waited for the heat over his bounty cool down a little. Hopefully the play would prove to be good, at the very least?

#4Lucian V. Crimson 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Wed May 06, 2020 2:01 am

Lucian V. Crimson
Mmm, was this a ploy or a game to save face...Eh, does not seem like it, the guy is kind of out in the open just relaxing watching a play, there was no way he even acknowledges my presence. Granted, though I would assume that man would be able to discern when there was a killer's intent in the area. He didn't get to his point but just being another run of the mill individual, this man was something not to be trifled with or taken lightly. And in truth, it probably was best not to pay him any attention and get involved with him. Today was not the time for a scene other than the ones to be performed on the stage.

Lucian watched with somber eyes as the child and her mother enjoyed the popcorn, it reminded him of much simpler times when the world wasn't mages, warriors, gods, dragons, werewolves, and whatever else roamed in the far fringes of existence. At one point he had been that child and yet, here he was now, alone.

Walking through the line of people, the workers let him in without having to pay for a ticket, after all his work with the theater he had come to receive a certain amount of favor with the place. A handy reward for when it came time to find some measure of enjoyment. Passing through, the auditorium opened up to reveal the grand audience hall, there were only 20 minutes until show time and people were starting to filter in to find seats. Looking up towards the top seats, he knew his spot was going to be available for the evening the same spot he always sat.

Lucian felt his mouth was dry, luckily he had time to fix that problem. Walking towards the bar, he noticed the overwhelming presence return, and of course, the blue-haired man was there again, casually drinking seemingly without a care. Just pay him no mind Lucian, you're here for a play.

The bartender noticed his approach and pulled out a silver bottle, the drink seemed to fizz as he poured it over the ice cubes in the large glass. His favorite drink in the place and the usual he received. Leaning forward, Lucian faced towards the bartender and the bottles in the back. He could see the back of the blue-haired man's cloak, the distance between was three stools.

The bartender seemed to follow his eyes and nodded, the two of them engaging in conversation.

"I've never seen him before, but he seems to be alright." The bartender seemed to finish cleaning his cups as he finished his statement.

"Yeah, he doesn't strike me as a local. Prayerfully we can just enjoy the show."

"You and me both, besides, let's hope he doesn't get drunk and try to pick a random fight."

Lucian knocked back his drink and reached out with his cup, the silent refill request answered with a full cup.

"You're the bartender, that's your job ain't it."

Please don't let this turn into a drab...

Speech

#5Kenzo Valens 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Thu May 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Kenzo Valens
Ever since the Bellan swordsman had awakened part of the powers lying behind his curse, he had obtained a rather particular ability. It was frankly quite distracting, but through rigorous training and practice he had managed to turn it into a valuable asset. The “White Eye of Dhan-Galhoul” as he had learned it to be called, allowed Kenzo to observe everything within a 10 meters diameter field. As such, it was not difficult for him to notice a conversation going on a couple of stools away. He couldn’t understand what they were saying of course, but by the glances they directed his way, the merc figured it would probably be about him. The bartender spoke with quite an interesting fella. In all of his time in Fiore, he had never seen someone that looked like him. Judging from the dreads on his hair and general features, there was no mistaking he had some Savanahn heritage. Furthermore, out of all the people he could sense around them, the stranger oozed with quite an interesting magical aura, something about it also reminded him of Noel Raion’s.

Knocking back his drink and finishing it with a gulp, the male placed the empty glass on the counter before standing up. Slowly, Kenzo made his way down the wooden floor of the bar before taking a seat right next to Lucian. In his usual confident manner, the blue haired swordsman looked at the stranger with a smile and spoke in a calm manner. ”So, I wonder what caught your interest?” Kenzo said as he signaled at the bartender with his fingers for another glass of beer. ”Was it perhaps the teeth?” The Bellan man twisted his head a bit to show him the ominous looking jawbone protruding from his cheek. Kenzo traced the sharp bone teeth with his finger playfully as he received his glass from the bartender. ”Whatever it is… I just hope you let me enjoy my evening in peace.” Kenzo gave the person in front of him a sharp glare. He didn’t know what this stranger’s intentions were, but he knew people were after his bounty. From what he had learned through experience, facing a bounty hunter straight up tended to throw them out of their comfort zone. He had no way of knowing if he was out for him though, but from all the people at the theater, he was definitely the only one that had a real shot of succeeding.

#6Lucian V. Crimson 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 am

Lucian V. Crimson
Lucian could feel the cold intent before he ever made the move, the strong hint of his ale and body scent wafted through the breeze in the room. Genuinely this man had decided to make the first move and granted he was surprised more than anything that he had taken this long to act.

I can feel the power that radiated from this man, one of his eyes void of any distinction between the sclera, iris, and pupil. It was unique, maybe it was an injury from battle and hence with the blindness, his hearing had been enhanced, or it could truly be that this man was not human at all and was something different. Granted he couldn't be any creature of the dark, the bracer didn't react or pulse at all at his presence.

Lucian watched as he postured, showing off his special facial features, the gleaming white bone reminiscent of a beast more than a man, he had made it clear he knew that he was being watched.

Tch, so this is how things go, one drink and he is already ready to be in a tussle. Gah, just one time without having some confident brute ready to fight. Wait, did he think I was some hunting him, me? A bounty hunter?

"My interest isn't the one you should be worried about."

Lucian pointed to the various groups of women that seemed to be eyeing the blue-haired individual. Knocking back his drink, Lucian turned to face him. Looking into the eyes of the man before him. The cold threat passed through the empty air but there was an understanding, he was beast on the run and he was ready to defend himself at a moment's notice, not afraid to resort to violence.

"Tch, I thought you were the one coming to ruin my peace. I am no bounty hunter. Relax. The only bloodshed tonight should be in this evening's performance."

I am not afraid of this man, nor his threats, but with all due respect, I will defend myself if necessary and so be it, should this turn into a war of beast then prayerfully let it be just a test of might rather than one to the death. Lucian let the metal-capped fangs on his teeth show with sly intent as he picked out something from between them, the posturing to return a favor.

Speech

#7Kenzo Valens 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Sun May 10, 2020 7:49 pm

Kenzo Valens
After Kenzo’s small act brought out the reaction it did out of the stranger, he couldn’t help but burst into laughter. Going around threatening strangers was as far removed of Kenzo’s personality as it could possibly be. Placing his hand at the man’s shoulder that was nearest to him, the mercenary pat him in a friendly manner before speaking again. ”Don’t worry, I’m merely joking.” Taking the newly refilled drink from the counter, the blue haired warrior took a sip and turned around to face the spot the man had pointed. A group of women suddenly giggled after making eye-contact with Kenzo. Sadly, none of them were his type.

Turning back once again, Kenzo inspected the man in silence. He was definitely someone used to travelling, that much he could tell. The jewelry he wore was far from your usual store-bought stuff. Those items clearly were magical in nature, fit for an adventurer. For the moment, the Bellan swordsman would settle with learning some more about him.

”Good… The last thing I’d like is having to kick some bounty hunter’s ass due to this stupid fake bounty. I’d just have more unnecessary problems that way.” He replied to his last comment. Kenzo’s tone was filled with the slightest hint of annoyance. Truth be told, he was trying to think ways to fix his current predicament, which had led him to look for an escapade to clear his mind. That was the sole reason of his visit to the theater.

”So tell me… What brings someone like you to these corners of the country?” Since there was still some time left before the show started, Kenzo figured he’d at least try to strike some conversation with the stranger. He seemed to be on the defensive, so perhaps he wouldn’t want to talk, but Kenzo figured he’d try at the very least. From what he said, he had nothing to worry about, but one could never be so sure. As the saying went: ”Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer”. The question still was: will this stranger be an ally or an enemy?

#8Lucian V. Crimson 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Tue May 12, 2020 5:24 pm

Lucian V. Crimson

The hearty laughter was a surprise, to say the least, especially considering that this man was supposed to be some sort of blood-thirsty and cold-blooded individual this was a pleasant surprise. Or a ruse to stop folks from not pushing too far and to drop their guard and be unsuspecting to the possible dangers. But all in all, this man was something different to behold.

He was strong, quite strong, and possibly was going to be a devastating force of nature in the near future that could shift the balance of things to come. But for now, we should give fate it's chance to handle its business.

Lucian nodded at the bartender, the man leaving them to attend to his other guest and the matters at hand, he knew that this conversation could get personal quickly especially with alcohol involved it was probably for the best that the two of them be left to their own devices. Lucian sipped on his drink and stared out into the crowd of people, the multitude of folks all seemed to be in a jovial nature.

The show's impending start was hanging in the air.

"I am a traveler, I walk where fate takes me."

Lucian sat in somber silence, swirling his drink as he stared off into the past, remembering the days that he used to walk the various paths of the country and spend countless nights out in the wilderness among the creatures and beings of the forest. Those were good days, but they were lonely days. Aimless save for the descent towards some sense of belonging, the desire to just be.

"And fate so decreed, I am here. Hence, why even this moment it was pre-destined."

Lucian looked up at the clock, they still had time to spare and so maybe it would be in his best interest to get to know more about the society he had left behind years ago.

"So why are you here? I would expect someone of your caliber to be here only if you were trying to hide out from the law."

Speech

#9Kenzo Valens 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Wed May 13, 2020 10:07 pm

Kenzo Valens
Kenzo had what most would consider an easy-going personality. For a long time, he had also been quite a distrustful person, so he preferred to stay out of people’s business. However, when the need came to be, he was fully capable of blending in most situations. Lately, the large increase in power he had received after awakening the sun walker aura inside him had turned him into a more laid-back person. Even if he still distrusted in strangers, Kenzo was now confident enough that he could get himself out of most sticky situations if needed.

For that reason, he had decided to open up with the stranger he had now met at the bar. After hearing the man speak of himself as a traveler, the male nodded agreeingly. He knew what it was to live on the road, never belonging to one place or another. For most of his life, he had never stayed at a single location for more than a month. However, Kenzo knew that Fiore was different, and had started to take a liking towards it.

”It is quite the story, if I say so myself…” he replied at the man’s question. ”I’ve also come to call myself a traveler. So, if your question is what is a Bellan man, so far away from his country, visiting a shaky theater in Marigold doing?, the answer would be simply fate’s will.” A smile painted the merc’s lips.

”Yet, I know your question lies in another direction.” Kenzo took a pause before continuing. ”Before I tell you about the real reason though, let me ask you a question.” The blue haired man squinted both eyes as he rested his chin on his palm. ”The life of a traveler is solitary in nature. Yet, it is ironically a journey that connects you with others too. Getting to know new people, different cultures and customs. The more one travels, the less he feels part of. Yet, it is also a path that leads you to feel part of something higher.” The male left the words lingering in the air for a second before posing his question.

”Now tell me. Why is it that no matter how much you travel, there is no escaping greed, corruption and hatred?”

#10Lucian V. Crimson 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Sat May 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Lucian V. Crimson
Lucian respected that fate had decreed this man to travel the path as well, though as we both know fate has its own unique decision making. One would say that the path to finding acceptance was not even based on the love of the individuals you met on your travels but one's actual genuine self and the true definition of their soul and how it connects with those that they meet. And this man seemed to have some grasp of the concept, to a degree.

Lucian continued to study the room but kept his senses tightened, there was no way that he could afford to let his guard down, this man was not someone to take lightly for face value to a point. Though granted he was not the one to have to play like a weak fool.

The man had traveled from another country, Lucian couldn't even remember the place of his beginnings, his family living the life of simplistic nomads to a degree until his father's job took them to the city of their demise.

"Truth be told, I had no reason to pose that question other than to ask but to answer your loaded question."

Lucian continued to sip on his drink, and then place down his glass, looking into the liquid reflection of himself he gathered himself and turned to the individual.

"Because greed is the pursuit of more and everywhere you go you will meet those who want more. More than they can bear. Humans care to hate the things they refuse to understand or things they have been forced to believe are evil. As for corruption, humanity has carried the scars of corruption since time immemorial. It is ingrained into the core of man. It is a war of beast that one must fight against every day."

Lucian remembered the day these things took away all he held dear. Everything that he cherished or loved was ripped away by the disease of human greed, hatred, and corruption. There were no greater sins.

"And so, in truth, as you traverse through this world, you come to realize that that humanity is all the same, the only thing that makes us different in the end is the unique parts of our growth and cultures that lend itself to our experiences. And as I'm sure you know, people can't stand to see different, they either fear it and run from it or fear it and want to destroy it."

Lucian eyed the clock, the show was still a ways from the beginning so they still had time.

"So a question for you before you return the favor, Do all Bellans look like you or am I guessing you have come to know the ugly side of man at a very early age."

Speech

#11Kenzo Valens 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Wed May 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Kenzo Valens
The bar’s ambience was honestly fitting for this kind of conversation. Marigold’s tranquility in all places never ceased to amaze the blue haired mercenary. He was normally not a person to bring out philosophical topics to the table with strangers, but he nonetheless secretly enjoyed them. As he heard Lucian speak from his point of view, Kenzo was satisfied by his answer. Enjoying the artisanal beer of the region, the male listened attentively as the man in front of him spoke. It was definitely obvious from his way of talking, that he too had spent years on the road, perhaps even more than himself.

The blue haired male nodded in agreeance over the origins of some of the world’s worst traits. There was definitely something rotten with the nature of human beings. Had it been the gods or simply a law of the universe, it was quite a shitty law to instill in the heart of such fickle beings as them. Nevertheless, it was reality. Perhaps Kenzo was just only bitter given the circumstances.

”I guess you’re right.” was the only thing the male commented in the end. Considering the two of them could see eye to eye, there was nothing else to say. However, Lucian now had a question of his own. With a slight chuckle, Kenzo placed his glass on the counter before answering.

”Yeah… If all Bellans looked like me, life would have definitely been better.” Kenzo sighed as memories of his childhood came back to him. ”More so than the ugly side of man, it was the ugly side of reality. This is only a reminder of what happens when men thinks they are alone in this world” Kenzo clenched his fist as he spoke those words. Ever since the fated night when a Demon slaughtered his family and cursed him, a deep hatred for other races was instilled within his heart.

”However… My current predicament is the fault of men. Never thought killing some sea beasts to help a group of scared fishermen would net me such a high bounty.” Kenzo started rambling out loud. He wouldn’t normally be sharing this information with a stranger, but the combined power of the couple of drinks and the realization of the new life that awaited him simply frustrated Kenzo.

There was still time left before the play started. However, unbeknownst to all at the Marigold theater, a set of events that would derail that night’s plans had already started in motion in the darkness. As Kenzo and the stranger spoke at the bar, a group of dark figures had successfully infiltrated through the backdoor.

#12Lucian V. Crimson 

The Show Must Go On - Social [Open] Empty Thu May 21, 2020 2:26 am

Lucian V. Crimson
A case of misunderstanding was always an extremely dangerous thing considering that people with some sort of perception are willing to create an entire reality from these views and mold them into a world that they then live in. And unfortunately, it was horrible that folks sometimes created monsters out of men. Especially in the case of folks that made heroes into villains and vice-versa. And depending on you're perspective this view could change easily depending on which part of the story you are on.

Lucian couldn't help but find it funny. Lucian could just imagine the view of a giant sea creature being killed turned into a dastardly story of evil.

"I would love to hear that actually. I've never dealt with sea creatures. I've met some other kind of creatures but nothing below the water."

Lucian leaned back on the bar and looked out over the crowd, the different denizens of the crowd looked to get into position for the show. He could see people starting to move towards the auditorium. Lucian smelled a unique scent. It assaulted him quickly, the smell of the room had been consistent up to this point but now the scent of black gunpowder was strong.

Why would someone be carrying a weapon in here? I haven't seen anyone with a security guard and normally the security kept small bladed weapons. Either they got some new recruits or something was afoot.

Lucian's senses were tingling and his instincts were alerting him, granted he could be just having a fit of worrying but he couldn't afford to not be prepared for the worst beside it wouldn't hurt to do some simple investigations.

"Excuse me for a second."

Lucian threw on his hood and disappeared into the crowd, walking into the auditorium, he walked towards the backstage, the smell of the gunpowder was stronger as he headed that way. Pulling behind the curtain, the crew continued to move around preparing for the show, not really giving him any attention as he walked through the back. Watching the people he felt maybe his gut had led him astray.

Lucian you dummy, relax. You're not being targeted and no one is going to cause chaos, just rel... the gunpowder smell came again and Lucian turned to a small trail of gunpowder on the floor, the wax line holding the powder was lined from the back of the theater towards the scaffolding. Walking along the line, Lucian followed it up the scaffolding climbing to the top of the guide railing above the stage.

The gunpowder lines had been attached to a small set of explosives lined along the rafters. Someone was planning something dangerous for tonight's show, and they were somewhere in the theater.

Looking around Lucian quickly dispatched the lines, cutting them his claws careful not to make any speaks fly in the case of possible ignition.

I have to leave. I can't get caught up in this madness. Besides, if he is here and so am I. That could cause more trouble for me.

Using a hidden escape way, Lucian disappears out into the night, he had done what he could. He hoped the man could handle the rest.

[exit]

Speech

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum