Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enemy of my Enemy [Quest][Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tomoe Tanaka 

Enemy of my Enemy [Quest][Solo] Empty Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Tomoe Tanaka
Tomoe awoke slowly to the sound of whispering winds and a metronome pinging back and forth. Its allure and rhythm had successfully lulled the Joyan to his restful slumber late last night, and so too did it wake him hours later. Last night was something of an exciting tale: he had saved a village from a werewolf attack, successfully killing the beast and in so doing, gained their praise and admiration. The last thing that the red ronin could remember was heavy drinking, a game of ping pong and a drunken brawl in the streets that ended with the other guy pissing himself and backing down upon realizing that Tomoe could cave a monster's skull in with a jab. Beyond those few key details, Tomoe couldn't remember much once he had rested his head on the soft pillow in a comforting bed, a sweet middle-aged woman giving him a place to stay for the night as appreciation.

The sunset-colored gaze of a groggy warrior stared blankly at the metronome ticking back and forth. Tomoe had purchased and carried the object with him on his travels lately, seeking relief from voices plaguing him and nightmares filling his head every evening. The emotionless, uncaring rhythm that carried on as wood resisted against wood comforted the Joyan somewhat, giving him some comfort no matter how little. He could focus, meditate, and perhaps for the first time in a long time, feel like a proud and proper Joyan samurai with his metronome-based workout routine. Tomoe was never, of course, a properly honored samurai of any description but it was nevertheless nice to imagine that he could force a similar quality to them if he set his mind to it.

It was as time passed in reflection underneath his warm covers that he began to hear a commotion brewing outside. A knock rang out on his bedroom door, and the woman who gave him shelter barged in seconds later.

“Mr. Tanaka, please come outside!”, the woman spoke in a quick and hushed tone, practically dragging the confused and sluggish Joyan out of bed.

WC: 348/850 [15% reduced]

#2Tomoe Tanaka 

Enemy of my Enemy [Quest][Solo] Empty Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Tomoe Tanaka
With no time to do anything except grab his sword as he was rushed out the door, Tomoe immediately dashed out against his will and was met face to face mere meters away from a werewolf. In broad daylight, the creature's features were much more pronounced. Standing at a massive height to bring shade to Tomoe's smaller stature, this beast seemed of a different quality entirely from the stray dog from the night prior.

Ready to draw his sword, Tomoe stopped when he saw the werewolf covered in bruises and scars from what appeared to be various objects thrown at him. He stood there, being pelted by rocks, unmoving yet bleeding. Turning to face the oddly dressed stand-out that Tomoe was, the werewolf spoke.

“I wish to see Cameron, as well as whoever it was that had slain one of my own here last night. I see that I have found at least one of them, standing before me now.”, he spoke aloud, calm and yet assertive, with the subtle hint of weakness in his voice from the wounds he'd sustained as he cast a determined glare towards Tomoe.

The Joyan grew silent, unsure what to do with a hand still ready to reach for his blade at a moment's notice, when he heard foosteps from behind him. After another second, Tomoe felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Cameron giving him a glare that told him to stand down.

“Both of you come with me.”, Cameron spoke calmly, guiding the werewolf and the warrior both into his home away from prying eyes.

“So what's the deal with this monster-mash lookin' dude?”, Tomoe spoke to break an awkward silence once inside, taking a seat by Cameron's kitchen table and kicking his feet up onto its surface.

Cameron shook his head in disapproval before being silenced by a finger from the werewolf as they each took a seat adjacent to the Joyan.

“That's alright. He has not grown to know me as you have. He is more similar to your village in that regard.”, the werewolf spoke in a calm and collected tone, seeming to take no offense to the otherwise hurtful comment.

“My name is Achak. I was once the leader of the werewolf tribe out here in the mountains. Under my leadership, I refused to allow them to attack humans. It is not right that we hunt the weak as we do. Not sentient creatures like humans. Amarok, however...”, the werewolf trailed off in thought for a moment, grasping at his face to plant himself into the conversation once more after a brief sigh.

“My brother, Amarok. He believed differently. That we have the right to hunt humans as much as we want, as a superior breed. He challenged me for leadership after an argument, and by poisoning the tips of his claws before our battle, he claimed victory over me. He exiled me, and ever since, the pack has hunted humans relentlessly and become bloodthirsty under his command.”

Achak slammed a curled, beastly fist on the table in frustration, visions of the innocents taken at the claws of bloodthirsty werewolves flashing through his mind.

“I cannot challenge him as I've already been exiled for my loss, fair or not. As per tradition, anyone who has killed one of our own in one-on-one combat may challenge the pack leader. In this case, you, red haired one. And so I must ask you to assist me in taking down my brother, or else none of these killings will stop. And to you, Cameron, to assist the boy in preparing for it should he accept?”, Achak finished, breathing a sigh after unloading his built-up questions onto the pair and then going silent to await their replies.

“Thought you'd never get to that point. Fuck. Alright, let's go kick some ass. Yo Cameron, get me some alcohol or something, yeah? Gonna need to have me a little somethin' if I'm gonna be enduring more dog smell later.”, Tomoe blurted out moments later, waiting his turn to speak.

Achak and Cameron were left in dumbfounded silence for a moment, confused at how simply Tomoe had accepted. And yet, neither complained. It was clear that the crimson cutthroat was the type to do anything if it meant there was a reward involved – and the empty pockets of everyone in this village for the sake of their survival from this attack would suffice for him. Or so he liked to think, anyway.

“I'll get you prepared. Achak, you stay with us in here. We'll get you patched up. Tomoe, you'll find alcohol in the cellar downstairs. Help yourself to whatever you need, but please stay sober enough to see this through?”, Cameron finished with a concerned expression towards the Joyan, who was already making his way for the door to liquor heaven.

“Shit, man. No promises.”, Tomoe exclaimed with a grin, and then disappeared from view down into the cellar to stock up on his drinks before the battle.

WC: 850/850

- Exit -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum