Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hunt (Solo Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Rinni Faithe 

The Hunt (Solo Quest) Empty Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:52 am

Rinni Faithe
It was humid as hell in this arid mountainous region. A young girl had decided to clear her head and discover her destiny. It may seem like a stupid notion, especially for a 16-year-old tomboy with little experience, but it was her choice. She was tired of her parents controlling her. She loved her parents, don't get me wrong, but she wanted some sense of freedom. She wished her brother had come with her for this journey... but to be honest, he was even more over-protective than her overbearing parents. She wiped a tear, missing her brother. She wasn't leaving forever, after. Only until she discovers her place in the world. Wherever that may be. She wasn't a mage, possing no magic, herself. But she had been practicing with her bow and was decent with it. She had heard this place was dangerous... but she decided it couldn't be too bad if people were living near here.

And then...

She saw him.

A man, who appeared to be in his mid-20s to early 30s, was moving toward her. But something was wrong. He appeared staggered and clumsy. Was he drunk... or? Suddenly, he collapsed! With no second thought, Rinni ran toward the stranger to make sure he was okay. As she reached him, she knelt down and helped him to a sitting position. She offered the stranger her water flask and asked him who he was and what had happened.

"M-my name is Cameron..." He responded shakily. He then spotted her weapon. "You... are you a Ranger?"

"Uh, y-yes." She answered, taken off guard by his sudden question.

"Oh, thank the gods! You have to help me! There's a rogue werewolf in the area... attacking villages..."

"A werewolf? Did... did he do this to you?"

"Yes. I... I thought I could fight him myself. But he was too strong... I didn't stand a chance... Please... we need your help."

"I... didn't come here to fight." She helped Cameron to his feet. " However, I will not standby and allow a werewolf to terrorize innocent people. Where can I find this creature?"

"He was last seen to the west." Cameron pointed the way. That's... where I fought him, at least. If you hurry, you could still catch him before he makes his next move."

Rinni nodded and took off at a sprint in the direction Cameron had indicated. If this werewolf was hunting villages, perhaps this place truly was as dangerous as she was warned. As she neared the last place the werewolf had been seen, she spotted tracks in the dirt. Mixed with blood. They had to belong to her target. She followed the tracks toward a village where she heard screaming.

Up ahead she saw the werewolf, He was massive and muscular, covered in gray fur with a slender snout and frame. He had a mane of black hair and equally black eyes. He had a mother and her child cornered, begging for their lives. Rinni quietly positioned herself behind him and steadied her bow. He snarled and opened his mouth, drooling as he prepared to attack his victims.

SWISH!

An arrow flew through the air, and the werewolf's ear twitched. He jumped out of the way and the arrow embedded itself in the wall. The woman and her child ran to safety as the creature focused his attention on his new target. Rinni Faithe. He growled as he stared at the petite child. He then smirked and let loose a dark, sadistic chuckle.

"So... Cameron sends a child to do his work? He couldn't beat me, little girl. What makes you think that you stand a chance?"

"I haven't tried yet." Was her response as she loosed another arrow. Again, the werewolf dodged. He lunged at the girl, and she dodged just as swiftly. Their speed was near equally matched. This was becoming a matter of who could hold out the longest. So long as she didn't get grabbed or pinned down... she should be fine.

She took off running through the streets, trying to lure the werewolf away from the villagers. She then positioned herself on a rooftop and waited for the werewolf to follow her. There he was. He was sniffing the road, the buildings, trying to track the child's scent. Meanwhile, Rinni was overhead readying her bow. By the time he noticed her, it was too late and a sharp piercing pain ripped through his shoulder. Growling in annoyance, he let out a furious howl and began to climb the building in an attempt to reach his prey.

Rinni fired another arrow, but this time the werewolf leaped onto a narrow balcony narrowly dodging the arrow. He looked up, and Rinni was gone again. He jumped up to grab the roof ledge, pulling himself up. He snapped at the air, hoping to catch a bit of flesh. But the girl was nowhere to be seen. Frustrated, he began jumping rooves hunting for the young Ranger in frustrated desperation.

Down on the streets, Rinni was observing his movements. She positioned her bow, aimed for her target, steadied her arrow, and then fired hitting the werewolf in mid-jump, causing him to yelp in pain as he fell to the ground. Breathing heavily, Rinni approached the werewolf. Her arrow had struck him in the leg. Not where she had intended, but it should hinder any future attempts to escape. The werewolf snarled at the girl as she approached.

"Don't get cocky, little girl! I'm not dead yet!" He lunged at Rinni as soon as she was in range, knocking her on her back. She shoved him with her legs, but he was much stronger than her. The struggle was difficult as the beast snapped at her savagely. She kicked the arrow that was embedded in his leg. He yelped, so she kicked it again. He cringed and snarled viciously. One more kick and he backed off, blood gushing from the wound. The arrow snapped in two, but the damage was done.

Taking advantage of his dazed state, Rinni sat up and readied her bow. Her final arrow shot into the heart of the creature. Upon his death, the villagers came out and cheered for their hero. Rinni blushed and rose to her feet. In the midst of the crowd, Cameron approached her. He thanked her for her help and paid her a reward. She bowed graciously, humbly accepted her reward, and left the village.

STATS:

[WC 1,114/1,000]

The Hunt (Solo Quest) Format,gif
Fiorian #00ffcc, Encan #ffcc66, Candy #ff99ff
Theme Song

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum