Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asteria to Dhalia (horse)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Requiem 

Asteria to Dhalia  (horse) Empty Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:20 am

Requiem
Requiem awoke to the sound of chirping birds and heavily armored feet trying to be stealthy. Of course he was trying to catch her at unawares. Although maybe to be fair her part in the fight that allowed Delilah to escape to her home country had caused a bit of damage in the final days of the Rune Knights. She eased out of bed already dressed and packed, silently sliding towards the window and opened as the door was kicked open, "And that's my cue." She jumped out the window and climbed to the roof away from her former friend, "I'LL GET YOU YOU TRAITOR!"

Of course he would scream that. The man was the son of minor nobility and once a valuable friend and ally when she had been in the Rune Knights herself. Now though, as the organization had fallen apart under treachery and disillusionment, Requiem watched as Nicholas went so far as to attack Delilah for wanting to go home. A few roof hops down the road found Requiem at the stable where her horse waited for her, "Who's a good girl, you are. Yes you are." She stroked the creature's nose before mounting up and making her way out of town.

The early morning light and the silence gave the surrounding area a feeling of expectancy and revitalization. The kind of morning that would often be used in a book to denote the beginning of a tale or perhaps the end of a climax. Poorly done poetic rhapsody aside, Requiem enjoyed watching as everything slowly started waking up as the sun rose above the horizon in its eternal march across the skies. It was nice to just ride again without having to worry about whether or not she'd get chased out of town by the citizenry anymore. That had been quite the revelation when she found out that not everyone felt gratitude for the Knights towards the end of things as more and more bastards subverted the organization for their own ends.

Taking a deep, calming breath, Requiem had to remind herself that now she was one of those bastards when she used what little clout was left to steal the files with her father's name on them. She had yet to open it though, fearing further disillusionment. What if the man that saved her, raised her, made her into who she was despite the royal shitfest that had been her life prior wasn't the man she idolized? Traversing the entirety of Fiore to her new home base of operations gave her lots of time to think and realize how blind she had to have been to not see what in hindsight was glaringly obvious.

Delilah was the friendly peacemaker of the group when Requiem and Nicholas butted heads, but Requiem couldn't help but notice how the other girl always made a point to hold the middle ground. On their training missions, she always held back and used her support magic from as far away as she could. Nicholas, with his rigid morals and unyielding resolve for duty to the point where several times it was detrimental for them. Requiem wanted to call them cowards. One for never truly devoting herself to a cause and the other for hiding behind his titles and obligations. Honestly she hadn't been any better with her tendency to keep people at arms length even as she tried to get close to them. After all, no one could break your heart if it was hidden away.

That sobering line of thought was shut down quickly as she reached her destination and dismounted near the guild and entered the guild grounds. Part of her monologued in her head about a world of adventure and a sea of opportunity.... she really needed to stop watching parodies on viewing lacrima.

My pain will never ruin my smile
And my darkness protects my light
Asteria to Dhalia  (horse) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRheMfjuJy-VF0173Ca6-RfL8AyNymKicC8Qny4h62Hmzr_OiId

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum