Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest )

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Noel 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Noel

NOEL RAION.

MAGO OSCURO.

After a long time of hard work, the fruits of the labor of the Advent World guild members had finally paid off; their new Guild Hall had been established in Oak. It was time to move forwards, and move onto greater things instead. That's why the lot had set up task forces in order to gain more control in Oak. Other than their name, the Oakians weren't familiar with what Advent World exactly was doing. Today was dedicated towards changing that. Last night concluded the final steps of their planning, and today was about executing said planning. Noel, together with Kenzo, were assigned to gain control over the Majura Gallery. Finn explicitly stated that a peaceful approach was of paramount importance. Noel wasn't done decorating his room yet, so he woke up in and around the center of the guild hall. Bottles of various booze scattered across the floor surrounded the lower most bunk, where Noel had found respite--having dragged the bunk bed from one of the temporary sleeping spots the night earlier. Noel hadn't realized another human was on the top bunk, sleeping on it. Much of the previous night was a fade.

Accomplice in crime, who over the last months Noel befriended perhaps the most during his tenure in Avent World, was most likely found to be sleeping on the top bunk. They had one thing in common, drinking--from an outsiders perspective, they'd call it alcoholism.

Noel crawled out of bed, smacking his bed sheaths away from his body. This was a tactic he'd have refined over the years, inducing the cold motivated him to dress up and get out of bed. Setting one foot on the ground, he'd already have knocked over two bottles. The ground was sticky and smelled of beer and various other boozes. Waking up in a place like this was a hangovers worst nightmare. "Aaargh, you've survived another night Noel Raion--you marvelous beast. Surely you can take on another?"

The tall male talked to himself, shifting more of his body out of bed. He was dressed up in a bath robe, underwear, slippers and nothing else. The loud snoring from the top bunk protruded from under the deep covers. Noel recognized that snoring. He'd playfully tug on the bed sheath. "Oi, wakey wakey Kenzo ~" Noel knocked over a few bottles on his way to instruments that were also in the center hall. Noel was quite needy in terms of music, so he'd managed to acquire a lot of different pieces during his stay in Oak. Noel begun loudly playing each different instrument, until Kenzo managed to leave the bed. His collection was a healthy mix of strings, woodwinds, brass and percussion instruments.

Noel wandered to the large map attached to the sides of the most eastern walls. Flowers decorated the sides of the map, like a vine spiraling downwards to the floor.

Noel had thought of a good approach the night before. With a cup of coffee in hand, he'd been awaiting his partner who he was expecting to help accomplish this goal.

A round table covered by some chairs were in front of said wall. Noel sat on one of the chairs, and he'd open his notebook on the table. Everything in his notebook was drawn in a comedic fashion. Noel begun talking, potentially to himself if his partner was still asleep.

"Going over it one more time, ... The Marijuana Gallery -" Noel lit a cigarette. "Prominent rich wealthy people own it. Let's take control." He took a drag of his cig before going over his notes. "So paintings were a method rich people could use to launder their money. These people are probably hard Gs, so we gotta cover that they might be doing something illegal." Noel looked around him. "I assume Finn wants no funny business, thing is--it'll be hard to earn the trust of these people if we start telling them the way they operate their business cannot go on. Right? Well, here are my arguments. This thing is gonna happen whether they want it or not, not accepting it will only mean another guild showing up and demanding it. This'll increase the damage to their business most. We gotta talk in their language, money." Noel had a few different more reasons, but he'd cast them aside for now. They had to setup a meeting with a few of these artsy people.
AVENT WORLD.

The Majura Gallery is one of the last bastions of an older time. Founded by one of the most influential wizards in recent Fiorian history, the Majura Gallery is still owned by some of the richest and most influential in all of Fiore. Unlike other factions or influencers, the owner of the Gallery do not care about the events going on in the city nor the country. So long as they are positioned to allow their art (and wallets) to thrive, they will be happy.

#2Kenzo Valens 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:26 pm

Kenzo Valens
The day was here. After months of relentless work, the Guild Hall was finally complete. It had been quite a journey to this moment. Ever since meeting Noel and Finn in the most unexpected of circumstances, Kenzo had grown to form a bond with them. And now, a guild. As the name suggested it, the advent of a new day had finally arrived at Oak. The citizens of the western city would get to know at last what the coming of the new guild truly meant for the future of Fiore. Advent World’s message would spread through the streets and cement its power within the infamous city. For years, crime and dark guilds made a living at the expense of the people living in Oak, extorting and demanding every last bit of wealth they could from the populace. A rule of fear and injustice was the only thing the noble’s in charge of the city offered to its poor citizens. Today this would all change, for the guild’s preparations were done, and Advent World would finally make a move towards destroying the rotten system.

Or at least that was the idea… if only the mages in charge of doing so were able to beat the horrible hangover waiting for them. The past day had ended abruptly in the mind of Kenzo. After getting the final details of the Majura Gallery takeover mission, the mercenary and his mission partner Noel celebrated with a ritual of companionship sacred to both. Drink like there was no tomorrow. During the last year, the relationship between both of them deepened through their shared love for booze. Kenzo respected the mage. One could say he even looked up to him in some ways. After all, he’d always managed to drink Kenzo under the table.

”You’ll refine this ability with age my boy” Those were the last words the blue haired mercenary remembered before passing out cold. Kenzo promised to himself he’d always remember the day he beat Noel, be it at battle or at drinking, whatever came first. Alas that day had not been the day. Through snores and a deep sleep, the mercenary dreamt of the important task he had at hand. He’d review in his sleep the assigned mission’s details. Going carefully over every minute step that would ensure total success. As he heard the familiar voice that called him while tugging away his covers, he finally remembered what the real mission was. ”Fuck. The Majura Gallery”

In an instant, the covers flew all over the bed as he stood up quickly. He was disoriented, couldn’t remember what happened, or how he’d gotten to that specific room. But he knew that they had an important job to do. Wearing only his underwear, Kenzo heard Noel playing instrument after instrument in the hall. He quickly grabbed his clothes and managed to ready himself, making it just in time before the black-haired wizard reviewed the details in his notebook. Coffee cup in hand, Kenzo sat in a chair close to the man. He nodded as he heard Noel describe the intel they had on the location.

”I heard quite an interesting rumor the other day” Kenzo commented after hearing the mage talk. ”While walking through the streets the other day, a bunch of wannabe gangsters were talking about extorting the big wigs at the gallery for protection.” Kenzo took a sip of his coffee before a smug look filled his face. ”Bunch of amateurs… Deals with people as refined as these require quite a higher grade of finesse. I suggest we approach them with a far more professional alternative. As you said, we’ve gotta talk in their language.”

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) IgtZBYS
#3Noel 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:13 am

Noel

NOEL RAION.

MAGO OSCURO.

Kenzo finally had gotten out of bed, the boy was already dressed. Noels hairy self didn't have such connections to privacy--his body was available for the world to see.

"Good morning champ."

It was already well around 1PM. Like a cool special operative, Noel was briefing himself and Kenzo through the details of the conquest. His concepts, ideas, laid out on table--drawn in a comedic sense that required verbal explanation in order to understand. As Noel went on to explain a few ideas he had, Kenzo pitched in his own. "That's a good lead, actually." The tall mage saw potential in following up with that.

Noel begun drawing an angry Sicilian looking mob gangster, along with a dialogue bubble that featured a couple of 'angry' exclamation marks. He showed Kenzo the picture. "What do you think?" The male eagerly awaited Kenzos reaction. He'd expect a few compliments on his Picasso.

Noel finished his coffee cup, and set it down. These art investors understood currency the most. "Maybe we should make a few pie charts, get that ROI calculation going? I must say, I'm not very financially knowledgeable so I most likely won't be able to answer their questions." Unless Kenzo was knowledgeable, a different strategy was required. "But surely, they will understand that allowing gangsters to mess with them and, having rivaling guilds see them as a potential target will be bad for business?" The black haired male closed his drawing pad. He was gonna get dressed, because to him it was time to head out. "Alright, I'm gonna put on some clothes. We need to setup a meeting with the Marijuana Gallery owner, maybe come up with a few pros and cons of having us as their representatives?"

Noel disappeared from the guild hall for a quick flash. The 6'7" Advent World mage possessed a variety of different clothes. A pair of indie lace-up toe boots with an amber tint, followed by black colored trousers with an extra layer of tan leather that covered his outer thighs down to his knees. Belts supported his trousers from staying up. On his torso, he'd have worn his usual white sleeveless shirt. His mental forecast had warned him of the potential bad weather, so he'd wear his full-length black fur coat which the neck lining was made of wolf pelts as well.

Noel wasn't gone too long, as he came back wandering into the Guild Hall, he'd expect Kenzo to still be there. "Lets hit up the grocery store before we head to the Gallery?" The male spoke, putting on his coat simultaneously. He'd have run out of cigarettes, among other comestibles. Noel headed out of the front entrance, and into town. He'd try to make conversation on the road to the grocery store. "So, what's your opinion on art? More specifically, is there a painting you like?" Noel had specific answers to these questions himself, but was rather curious as to what Kenzo had to say.
AVENT WORLD.

Noels drawing:

#4Kenzo Valens 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Kenzo Valens
Noel agreed that following the lead was a good choice to start with the mission. Quickly following his line of thought, the older male grabbed his drawing pad and immediately began scribbling a sketch. The mercenary watched attentively as the drawing came to life with each stroke of Noel’s pen. After he finished, he showed the completed product at the warrior, asking for his opinion. By the way he proudly presented it, the mage was definitely eager to hear Kenzo's comments. ”E-erm. Sure. That’s just what I was thinking about.” To be honest, Kenzo didn’t have what some would call an artistic eye, so he really didn’t see anything bad on the drawing. He’d never even attempted to draw anything before in his life, so for the blue haired man this was uncharted territory.

Moving along, Kenzo heard Noel’s input on the subject, stating that this wasn’t really his strong suit. Luckily for them, it was exactly Kenzo’s cup of tea. ”Yeah, that might be able to help us. I’ll leave the pie charts to you, just give me a moment for the calculations.” Kenzo was a man that valued wealth and money very highly, so he knew his way around numbers and financial terminology. After all, he’d also helped with the accountability of the mercenary company he’d been a member of. Managing and administering the finances of a large group of fighters had taught him the necessary skills he needed to speak with investors. However, the real answer laid in the following comment Noel made. ”That definitely needs to be the approach here.”

Kenzo was left thinking about a course of action while the older mage went to change clothes. He sat on his chair, looking at the big map of Oak that covered one of the hall’s walls. As he pondered about their situation, an image kept flashing on his mind. Noel’s art piece. There was something about it he couldn’t quite get out of his mind.

Just as the now fully dressed man entered the room, a sudden idea rushed to Kenzo’s mind. His eyes lit up as he got excited over the realization. ”So, how about letting them taste first what living with the competition would be like?” Kenzo took up a quick sip of coffee as he organized his thoughts for the plan. ”Let’s let these gangsters get away with their thing, observing the deal from away. From what I gathered the other day, they’re making their strike today. Once they’ve gotten the money from the dudes at the gallery… SMACK! You crush them to the ground with your magic. Once all is settled, we simply offer them Advent World’s protection against any threats to their business. Easy as that, we can then sit at the negotiating table to draft our proposal.” It was exactly like Noel’s drawing. To solve the issue, the gangsters first needed to do gangster stuff…

Both men set out to a grocery store before heading to the gallery. Kenzo also needed to buy something to eat, he was starting to get a little light headead from the hangover. While in the road, Noel asked him what his opinion on art was, and if he had a painting he liked. Kenzo pondered on his answer with a silent expression for a moment. This was something he hadn’t really asked himself before. Sure, he had seen paintings in the past, but more as part of spoils of war after a castle or noble house fell during conflict.

”Well, while I cannot say that I definitely get it, art is one of those things that I’ve always wanted to know more of but I’ve never known where to begin…” Scratching his head a bit more, he continued. ”Actually. There was this one time when a painting caused a very profound reaction within me. I cannot explain it, but it was like if the author taken a look into my soul and painted exactly what he saw inside. Feelings I didn't even know where there.”

By this point, both men had already reached the grocery store and entered through the door. ”I don’t remember the painting's or the author's name, but- Hmm, lend me your drawing pad for a sec.” Taking the sketchbook from the mage, Kenzo began drawing from memory the painting he was referring to as best as he could. Even if this was the first time he tried making an illustration, the mercenary hoped it was at least enough for Noel to recognize it and tell him the name; obviosuly in the case the painting was famous at all. Just as the black haired mage finished buying his stuff, Kenzo showed him the drawing he’d managed to do. ”Erm.. I don’t know if it’s any good, but the painting looked kinda like this:”

Kenzo’s Drawing::

#5Noel 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Noel

NOEL RAION.

MAGO OSCURO.

Noels art got complimented. It made him smile, he'd feel proud over his drawing. Truly a depiction of "Sicilian Gangster", in his eyes at least. The older male was alright with graphing out visually any raw data that Kenzo could provide him. This could become useful at a later stage, although it may be disregarded completely. He'd make a nice looking graph nonetheless, giving a representation what'd happen if their turf got marked as a target. It was a straight arrow drawn from top left to the corner right. The X axis said time, and the Y axis said money. "What do you think about this?" He'd show the male his graph, which was not at all a fitting conclusion to the numbers that were generated.

As Noel headed back into the guild hall, he'd been interrobanged by Kenzo. "What do you mean?" He'd ask, still putting his arms in the sleeves of his coat as Kenzo explained what he meant. "Mmm, I like the gist of your plan--but I disapprove of it heavily. What if someone from the Art Gallery spots us? They'll say that we sent the gangsters there." Noel said, ready to head out. "There may be a different angle we can take here however, ..." As Noel begun leaving the building, assumingly with Kenzo at his side, he'd explain his own adaptation of Kenzo's idea. "So this partnership - for me - is more about building trust. We're not just giving them a pillar they could use to balance their load on. We want to be able to trust them, and they gotta be able to trust us first. A show of goodwill shall make it much easier for them to trust us, that's true." The sun shone quite brightly, even though it was hella cold--it was one of those days where you weren't sure which type of coat to wear. The sun stung the eyeballs of the slightly hungover male. He was thirsty as fuck, in dire need of some water. His lips were quite crackled, and his face looked quite caved in from dehydration. "Anyway, as I was saying. Let's say we go to the gallery before these gangsters arrive. We tell them we have some interesting information about them potentially being extorted today, suppose we suggest to stick around to prevent that from happening."

It'd take them a few more minutes to arrive at the grocery store, so Noel could contemplate a little bit longer before continuing with the idea. "So after we stop the gangsters, we talk with the head chief. Say that these things might happen more often, and that they're lucky that we were informed about it to stop it from happening. Maybe might make a good point and give them a reason to not only trust us, but will want to work together with us." As the two headed into the grocery store, Noel prolonged the conversation about the modus operandi. "Thing is though, while we'd have provided them a good motif for trusting us; they at that point have done nothing to win our trust. This is where we, like diplomatic cobras, attach our teeth on. If we make it seem like they owe us their trust, we'll be good no matter what. Are you following me?" Noel grabbed a shopping cart, and potentially could be talking to a grandma if Kenzo had disappeared. He'd hold this conversation while the duo were in different isles, across the store--uncaring as he was being discreet about the details. "Even if they notice what we're doing, they will still work together with us I think. We'd have lost some trust, sure, but we'd win a lot more by them knowing how we solve our problems. If we solve our issues with cloak and dagger operations from the get-go, we won't get their respect." Noel placed a plastic packaging of hotdogs in his bin, some bread--two pieces of fruit and a cup of yogurt. He'd add a can of Stella Artois and Fiore Water(brand) water as well. At the cash register, he'd ask for a pack of smokes.

A conversation about paintings ensued, and Kenzo offered to redraw his favorite painting by mind. Noel used his free hand to hand him over his drawing pad along with a pencil. They were heading back out of the grocery store, it had begun snowing--nonetheless while Kenzo walked, presumably matching Noels speed, he drew his favorite piece from memory. After a bit, Kenzo showed Noel his artwork. It looked very good, insanely good. But there wasn't a chance in hell you'd actually overhear Noel compliment someone for being better at himself at something. It rather made him a bit salty. "What the hell is this? It looks so bad, you really need to improve your drawing skills Kenzo. This is the result of the damage  your motor cortex has suffered after all those years of underage drinking." Noel started going in deep, due to his own insecurities. "I think you should stop trying to draw things, you're making children in the area cry." With puckered lips, the male had begun eating his fruits as they made their way to the gallery. It didn't take them a long time to arrive at their front door.
AVENT WORLD.

#6Kenzo Valens 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:52 pm

Kenzo Valens
Noel gave some pretty solid points against Kenzo’s initial plan. The blue haired mercenary agreed with what he said. It would seem too much of a coincidence if they appeared to save the Gallery just when they were getting mobbed. They needed to find another approach. Graph’s in hand, both men left the building as the black-haired mage pitched in his alternative to the plan. His focus made complete sense to the warrior. They needed to build trust between them. That was the only way this partnership was going to work. His proposal: instead of saving them from the mobsters after they had come, they would beat them to the place and warn the Majura Gallery owners about it, offering to protect them. It was a simple thing, but Kenzo was sure it was going to be quite an effective plan. Looking back at his partner, he spoke. ”Sounds good”

Entering the store, Noel kept elaborating on the plan. Kenzo heard attentively to what he had to say. His eyes shone brighter as the concepts he described began forming dots and his brain connected the lines. Little by little, Kenzo began seeing the same picture Noel was so enthusiastically trying to describe. When he asked the man if he followed him, Kenzo simply laughed. ”You crazy bastard. You’re slyer than I give you credit for.” Clearly, the plan ought to work. It made complete sense and he was sure the people of the Gallery would see it that way. After all they were people that dealt in business under the table; trust and secrecy were key in their line of work. Kenzo grabbed something to eat and drink while the conversation flowed. It was comical actually. Topics that would normally be treated between whispers, dark alleys and as far away from prying ears were being discussed in the open. Every grandma from Oak making their week’s shopping had now heard the details to Advent World’s master plan to convince the Majura Gallery to join forces.

Either way, both men walked through the snowy streets of Oak while Kenzo drew a portrait using Noel’s things. He soon received feedback from his sketch. In the mercenary’s mind, he hoped that Noel was at least able to recognize the painting. He wanted to remember the name of the artist and even perhaps find it. It had made quite a lasting impression in the mercenary. However, his hopes were not up. After all, this was the first time he had drawn something, so he was oblivious to whether it was any good or not. His hopes were thrown out the window in a second. Noel’s scolded the mercenary for drawing something so heinous. Even if only slightly, Kenzo’s self esteem was hurt a bit. ”Shit. That bad?” The day they had met made the mercenary certain that the Advent World mage knew what he was talking about when it came to health and medicine. He suggested that his motor cortex was damaged from excessive underage drinking. ”Think it can be fixed?” His voice was slightly preoccupied. For the most part, he wasn’t a gullible person, but perhaps due to the difference in experience and age between both, Kenzo respected Noel’s word.

Either way, they eventually made it to the entrance of the Gallery. ”We’re here huh?” Kenzo took a glance at his partner before motioning at him with his head towards the entrance door.

”Welcome! Welcome dear guests. How may I help you?” The mercenary flashed the man a charming smile before raising his hand to greet him. ”Good afternoon! We’re here for a really important reason.” His smile turned into a smirk. ”We’re sure it’ll definitely be a proposal you’ll be interested in.”

#7Noel 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:01 am

Noel

NOEL RAION.

MAGO OSCURO.

Noel stored some of the financial data in the inside of his jacket. Kenzo listened attentively to his plan, which Noel was quite confident in. Getting compliments for his plan stroked his ego a little. As the two had departed from the grocery store, Noel had been giving Kenzo some backlash against his expertly drawn picture. When Kenzo asked if there was a way to fix it, he'd just chuckle. "You're such a dumb ass sometimes" By the way he used his voice, Noel made it subtly noticeable that he was joking about his motor cortex being damaged.

The entrance of the gallery was quite luxurious, two attractive looking musea guides gave out leaflets at the entrance. It gave a quick summary of the locations of the individual pieces of art. Ranked in popularity according to their in house metrics. Noel followed Kenzo into the building, after they were greeted by the staff they'd make their way into the Gallery. "I like this smell." It smelt of perfumed cleaning chemicals. "We should just make our way up to the main man, greet him, explain our reason for being here and then see what happens." Noel said, who potentially interrupted Kenzo from explaining his attention to a random staff member that couldn't really do anything with the information that he was about to give them.

Noel wandered towards the first security officer he could find in the gallery. "Hello, I'm Noel--from Advent World that's recently settled nearby. We've gathered some intel the other day that said that you guys may be under attack soon, is it cool if I talk to your boss about it?" Noel honestly explained his intentions to the guard, who seemed to slightly recognize Noel due to his fame. "Hmm, yeah, make your way up the stairs on my right, knock on the door and say Luigi Ferrari approved you barging in. Main Mans secretary will let you in." Noel nodded out of respect for the man, he knew how to make a decision quick. "Gotcha, thanks." Regardless whether or not Kenzo came with him, he'd start going up the indicated case of stairs. He'd knock loudly upon the ebony door, a friendly voice spoke from the inside. "Come in" Noel opened the doors and non verbally greeted said secretary with a gesture. "We need to talk to Main Man, it's pretty important. Luigi Ferrari approved of us coming up here." The secretary looked worried, this wasn't the first time two angry looking men came in wanting something from main man. But since Luigi gave approval, she'd let the two go into the main office of Main Man. "Alright, hope it's nothing too serious?" The secretary said, buzzing the pager of Main Man to let her know that guests were coming in. "You do the talking Kenzo, it's showtime." Noel walked up to the door of this Main Man and opened it, letting Kenzo in after having opened it.

"Hello, who are you two?"

A deep masculine voice spoke from a leather chair. Much of the figure had been disguised, barely any patch of skin visible to the naked eye.

AVENT WORLD.

Vanessa "Main Man" Underwood : Descendant from a rich family, not afraid to flaunt her riches Vanessa is an art gallery owner in Oak. Wears a mask to protect her identity, coupled with a voice changer. Only confiding in those she trusts with her real identity. Vanessa is an elf. #339999 Is her fake voice and #ff6699 is her real

#8Kenzo Valens 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:45 pm

Kenzo Valens
The architecture of the Gallery was quite unlike any other building one could find in the city. Every aspect of it described finesse and elegance. From the colored marble floor to the fine wood doorframes of each room, the place exuded luxury within its details. Both men were greeted by two good looking women, giving out information about the different seasonal and permanent expositions. Apparently, they had a special exhibit on Dadaism paintings. Looking through the leaflet, Kenzo was able to understand what his drawing from earlier was lacking. Most of the pieces that were highlighted in the flier were very similar to the one Noel had previously drawn. No wonder his sketch didn’t make the cut. As he intensively examined the paintings, he thought to himself. ”So this is what real art looks like.”

Kenzo followed Noel while he was still absorbed on his thoughts. He nodded at the black-haired wizard’s comment without really paying much attention. However, he was brought back when they were suddenly showed the way up the stairs. Apparently, the guard had cleared them to meet Main Man. Quite a fitting name for the boss of a Gallery like this one.

Both men entered an expensive looking black wooden door before being greeted by a secretary. She quickly notified her boss of their arrival, telling them to wait a moment before entering the office. Kenzo at this point was planning on let Noel lead the whole operation, he definitely had more experience on this type of missions. However, the mercenary was instantly thrown into the fire as Noel tasked him with leading the conversation. He didn’t have a second to reply, since the door was now open, and a deep masculine voice greeted them. “Hello, who are you two?”

The owner was a mysterious figure. His physical appearance was completely concealed to the eye, but he still exuded an air of dignity and refinement one could only find in a person that had spent their lives surrounded by power and wealth. Nevertheless, this was not a time to chicken out. Kenzo quickly composed himself before replying to the boss with a confident tone. ”Greetings. My name is Kenzo and this is my partner Noel. We’re both members of Advent World, the guild that’s settled in the nearby river.” The mercenary motioned his right palm towards Noel as he introduced both of them. ”One of our intel sources has made us aware of a possible attack to the Majura Gallery. Apparently, some deputies within Vincenze Tessio’s family have been bought by the Martello gang and are planning on starting a coup soon.”

Kenzo let the comment in the air for a second. Main Man stood motionless. Both of his arms traveled to the top of the table as he crossed his fingers and rested both extended indexes where his mouth was supposed to be. Nothing could be seen behind the mask that he wore, but the mercenary was sure he had struck on the target. He hadn’t been taking jobs in Oak the last couple of weeks for nothing. The mercenary had been able to obtain insider information from the two most influential underground organizations by taking requests from both of them. Most importantly, Kenzo had come to learn that the Majura Gallery was under the protection of Vincenze. He was the head of the oldest and most powerful gang in Oak. However, the Martello family was slowly nailing its claws in their business. Just a couple of days before, Kenzo had received a job from Remy Martello to sabotage an auction going on in the Gallery. It was obvious that the newcomers wanted to mess around with Vincenze. Whoever controlled the Majura Gallery held the keys to blackmailing the nobles and influential families of Oak. For the moment, Vincenze was proving that his family couldn’t protect the owners of the place, so a shift in power was coming closer. What neither of the gangs knew, was that Advent World would be the first to act.

Main Man broke the silence after a moment. He motioned his hand towards the two empty chairs in front of his desk. ”Please go on” Kenzo and Noel would take a seat after thanking the owner before continuing. ”We’ve been sent by our guild master to offer our assistance with these matters. Oak has been ruled far too long by criminals and dark mages…” the mercenary would take a glance at his partner expecting him to deliver the finishing punchline.

However Noel decided to finish their introduction, one thing was certain. Main Man now had an opportunity before him, and Kenzo knew he could see it. These men cared only about profits. Any smart businessman would know that trying to make a profit while tied to criminal organizations was always a bad idea. However, when there was no other choice, compromises had to be made. Today, Advent World would give them an escape route. The only thing left to do was see if the Majura Gallery would take it.

#9Noel 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:54 pm

Noel

NOEL RAION.

MAGO OSCURO.

Kenzo followed Noel into the room with Main Man. After they were asked who they were, Noel let Kenzo talk. This office had a coffee machine in it, so he'd wander towards it as the two conversed. Noel unpacked his hotdogs and placed them in a ceramic white cup. They'd only fit in half way though, the boiling hot water was meant to make the hotdogs edible. While listening to their conversation, Noel noticed that Kenzo may be playing up the supposed gangsters a little, but it was in their favor so he didn't really respond to it.

"Do you guys want some coffee?"

He'd politely ask, after Kenzo's dialogue with the Main Man was halted. He'd join them back at the table. Main Man expressed a confused look under their mask. "My name is Noel, and I believe those gangsters may be here any moment. We'll keep this place safe, no worries." Noel extended his hand to the Main Man, wanting to shake it before going back into the gallery. "Hm, I see very well. Come back to my office after they've been dealt with." Main Man told the two. Noel in response gave an understanding nod, and headed out the same way he came in. He'd keep the graphs to himself for now. Descending the staircase again, this time holding a ceramic cup of hot water and half dangling out hotdogs, the tall wizard had intended to look at paintings while they were waiting for the mob men.

"Kermit"
The male gaped in awe at the sight of the painting. He'd grab a wiener from his ceramic cup and start eating it while intensely staring at the painting. Noel felt moved. There was a sign under the painting that read;

In memoir of Geb, sole owner of Majura Galleries X785

Noel continued to bewonder what other paintings they may have had. "Do you want a wiener too, Kenzo?" He'd extend his cup towards him if he was at all interested. The next painting he'd see was another interesting one.

"Death of Geb"
In memoir of Geb

"Hmm, this gallery is pretty strange. I think this piece carries a certain defiance--" Just as Noel was about to pretend to know what he was talking about, an audible disturbance emerged from the entrance.

AVENT WORLD.

Diego Antonio : Struggling through his day, Diego decided long ago it was time for him to join a mobgang. He's currently an enforcer.

Macaroni Spaghetti : Due to various criminal offenses, Macaroni has lived most his life inside a prison. After becoming a bandit, he'd join the mob gang.

#10Kenzo Valens 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Kenzo Valens
Noel wandered off as Kenzo talked to Main Man. He seemed to have made his way to the coffee machine at the far end of the office. While the two men talked, the black-haired man had taken the opportunity to make a coffee for himself. Or at least that was what the mercenary thought at first. Upon closer inspection, he had prepared… hot dogs? A cooking sausage hung halfway out the expensive porcelain cup in his hand. After making sure one side had cooked thoroughly, he would take the wiener and turn it around, making sure it was ready to be eaten completely. Kenzo knew Noel was a quirky guy, but he outdid himself sometimes.

Either way, it seemed that for the moment Main Man would allow them to help out. It was definitely a test to see the veracity of the men’s words. After all, they were complete strangers at this point. As they made their way downstairs and into one of the gallery’s exhibits. Noel was drawn to the paintings like a moth to a flame. Following closely behind, Kenzo thought to himself that it’d be a good time to learn more about art. Both men stood motionless as they stared at the first painting. It had a complexity the mercenary couldn’t quite understand, but something about it moved the warrior. It was dedicated to a man named Geb, apparently the founder and owner of the Gallery.

As they made their way to the next one, Noel offered a sausage to Kenzo. ”E-er.. I’m good thanks” The half cooked sausage dripped droplets into the wooden floor as he extended the cup. The black-haired mage was really invested into seeing the paintings, and the sentiment had spread to Kenzo. The next painting represented the death of Geb. Apparently, the owner had died four years before. While Noel stared at the piece, Kenzo moved a couple of steps ahead, finding a golden plaque with a carved text:

”In commemoration of the 5th anniversary of Geb Majura’s death:”

The world of art weeps in unison. Such is the fate of genius and prodigies. May the star that has extinguished, never be forgotten to the annals of time. After the death of the most illustrious of patrons, the world has come together in commemoration of his legacy. Private collectors, nobles and artists from all over the world have joined together to donate the most exquisite pieces of culture mankind has ever created. In remembrance of five years of his death, the Majura Gallery presents the collection:

“The Life of Geb” -X790

Rows of paintings filled the walls of the room

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) 1y4bBLf
"The Creation of Geb" - Fresco from the Catedrál de Stella

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) ZgjVrZJ      
"The Geb-a Lisa" - Oil on Poplar Panel

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) GIUn2E6      
"Gebican Gothic" - Oil on Beaverboard

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) MI4AAGz
"Vincent van Geb" - Oil over Canvas

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) 09B1FgW      
"The Blue Geb" - Oil over Canvas

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Nq6azH0      
"Geb with a Pearl Earring" - Oil over Canvas

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) ZsGipOd
"The Gebadonna of the Lilies" - Oil over Canvas

Truly, Kenzo was left speechless. He was definitely a neophyte when it came to art. But even someone as unexperienced as him in art was moved to tears. Without noticing, they began flowing from his eyes. The mercenary was touched. He could simply mutter a single sentence: ”This IS Art”.

Even if a commotion was taking place outside, the man couldn’t help but ignore it. It was obvious that the attack had come to the Gallery, and under other circumstances the warrior would have sprung into action. However, he needed to compose himself. Taking a look at Noel, Kenzo spoke as he tried to control his emotions. ”Mind going first? I’ll be there in a second.”

#11Noel 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Noel

NOEL RAION.

MAGO OSCURO.

Kenzo had refused the sausage Noel offered him. He was possibly too caught up in the gallery to enjoy a hot meat rod. More for him, was Noels logic. Strange pieces of art had possibly caught the attention of the blue-haired mage. "What in lords name have we stumbled upon, Kenzo?" He'd ask, a physical expression of confusion written over his face. An entire wall was decorated with classical paintings, baroque, early enlightenment, featuring the same frog. Maybe Geb was a frog? Like a mascot of the museum. He'd have made a good fit in Lamia Scale with those colors. Noel moved his hair out of his face, bewondering the paintings. When shit began popping off at the entrance of the Museum, he'd alert Kenzo. Who was keen on letting Noel go in first.

Who coincidentally had been planning out mentally how a fight here could ensue in their favor. Since they weren't meant to damage the painting, they had to be delicate in their actions. "Gentlemen, what's going on?" Noel had to raise his voice a little for them to understand him. There were at least two of them, a staff member at the entrance was pushed over and sat on the ground one arm over their face as Noel walked his way up closer to the entrance. "What fucking business is it of yours?" Macaroni replied. "Lets calm it down buddy, I'm sure we can find a compromise." Noel diplomatically replied, standing ten meters away from the men. Staff in the gallery were on the move. There were two things he was doing, stalling for time so that guests could safely be escorted to a safe room -- and trying to deescalate the situation all together. "Look at this guy, Diego. Look at the top of his head." Diego, the other enforcer who was also present chuckled loudly at his brothers remark. "This doesn't have to go down, let's talk for a second."

The spaghetti brothers were already inpatient. "We're just here for the money, so move or we'll make you move."  Noel clicked his tongue. It wasn't like he was an easy man to move out of the way, so he knew that they were intimidated somehow. So he did what any man would do, he'd get closer and closer until he eventually passed by them. "Let's talk outside." The Advent World mage said to the spaghetti brothers. "Screw this guy, let's just go in." Noel could hear one of them say, they were starting to turn their back on Noel and step forwards closer to the inside of the Gallery. Noels fishing hook had already been attached to the inner door, closing it hard as he furiously reeled in his 'bait'. He'd proceed to tear the door of its hinges and outwards, forcing both of the Spaghetti brothers out with great violence. The door came out at such a speed, that both of the brothers ended up close in his personal striking range, with their backs facing Noel.

A red gleam bolted across Noels eyes, a show of intent. Years of martial experience, years of lifting heavy weights, he'd have long perfected the right hook. Having thrown more than thousands of them in his lifetime. A lot of his concentration were channeled into his right arm, tensing the muscle to its maximum. With his entire body, Noel moved in a way that'd let his punch carry the most amount of momentum. The flight path of the door collided with himself at its apex, and he'd abuse this to turn Macaroni's lights off. A solid right hook converted enough energy to deal S rank damage across Macaroni's back, who was now between a rock and a hard place. Noels fist kept him in place, as the inner door of the museum smacked him one more time against his face. His partner, Diego, managed to get away and would roll across the ground, gathering himself four meters away from Noel. Maybe Kenzo could peacefully finish this? Macaroni dropped to the ground, being knocked out from severe damage. "What have you done to brother!?" Diego was distressed, but still up for a fight.

Spell used: Telekinesis
ADVENT WORLD.

#12Kenzo Valens 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:21 pm

Kenzo Valens
A sudden crash brought Kenzo back from the catharsis he was having. It was the distinctive sound of wood breaking apart from an absurdly strong strike. The guards of the gallery that had been informed through their intercommunication lacrima about the supposed attack instantly figured the gangsters had arrived at the gallery and begun destroying the place. However, Kenzo knew better. There was no mistake, the one that had destroyed whatever wooden object it was, had to be Noel. The mage was absurdly strong. Kenzo knew for a fact that there was no one capable of making such damage with a single blow but him. Unless, the enemies were actually the real deal. Nonetheless, the mercenary could place his money on the fact that it had been the black-haired mage. Either way, Kenzo finally composed himself and made his way to the entrance of the Gallery.

Lo and behold, Kenzo was just in time to see the aftermath of Noel’s demolishing blow. Splinters and wooden pieces had flown everywhere, as if the expensive wood of the entrance door had exploded from the inside out. Still, a motionless body laid tumbled in the floor before his companion. A punch mark was still visible in his back. As if someone had made a cast mold of Noel’s fist, the print at the back of the gangster was the perfect proof of the attack that had just happened. The sight of the damage brought a smile to the mercenary’s lips. It was still not over.

Even if one of the Macaroni brothers was done for, the other had managed to evade the gravity wizard’s attack. He was standing four meters away from Noel, facing him directly. It was obvious from the tone of his voice that he was shaken by seeing his brother knocked out. Honestly, even Kenzo wasn’t sure if the poor guy was still alive. It was doubtful, but it could potentially be better for them, seeing what they were tasked to accomplish. Taking advantage of the situation, Kenzo sprung into action. He knew what needed to be done. The end of the stairs, where he was standing on, were a mere meter closer to Diego than where the older wizard was standing. Furthermore, the shock from the sudden attack had made the still standing mobster completely oblivious to anything other than Noel. Finishing the task would be a piece of take for the warrior now.

Lunging forward in an instant, Kenzo closed the distance between him and Diego in a little more than a second. Grabbing the katana he’d acquired from a renown Baska smithy a couple of months prior, Kenzo struck Diego at the back of his head with a swift motion. Making use of the momentum of his lunge, the mercenary grabbed the scabbard with both hands in the same manner as one would start a nukitsuke stance in Iaijutsu. Even after a year in Fiore, Joyan style swordsmanship was still second nature to him. With his sword resting on the left side of his hip, Kenzo grabbed the sheath with his left palm from the outside, facing towards his body. With his right hand, he firmly gripped the hilt of the blade as he made a 45-degree angle with his forearm. Keeping his elbow close to his body, Kenzo made sure he would maximize the attack’s power as he approached his target.

A second after setting off, Kenzo swiftly extended his right arm upwards as he held firmly to the scabbard with his left hand. The mercenary crossed Diego’s position from the right, unsheathing his blade midway and hitting him directly on the back of the head with the katana’s pommel. The strike was significant enough to deal A-Rank damage to the gangster and instantly knock him out. Diego was going nowhere for the next couple of hours. Sheathing back the sword completely, Kenzo walked towards the lump that was Macaroni. As he stood next to him, the mercenary was relieved to see his chest expand and contract with his breathing.

”Damn. I really thought you killed the guy.” Kenzo let out a laugh directed at Noel, before proceeding to signal the Gallery’s guards to tie the mobsters up. Before walking away, the mercenary quickly pat the passed out gangster’s coat. The blue haired male had been a thief while he was an orphan, so he knew his way through people’s pockets. In a flash, his hand met with the prize he looked for. Tucked deep inside, Kenzo brought out a bag full of jewels from the unconscious man. Certainly, it was the protection money they had managed to extort from others before coming to the gallery.

”Should we go report to Main Man the mission was completed?” Kenzo expected Noel to follow him back inside and up the stairs. They still needed to obtain his cooperation in order to further Advent Worlds cause. Making his way into the Gallery, presumably next to Noel if he followed him, Kenzo would throw the bag of jewels he had just obtained at one of the guards. ”Sorry about the door. I’m sure this’ll be more than enough to pay for the damages.” The mercenary flashed at the man the most amicable smile he could. They needed to make a good impression with them after all.

#13Noel 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:07 pm

Noel

NOEL RAION.

ダークウィザード.

In the heat of battle, the tall male felt very excited. His heart racing, having taken a small risk with the door the ensuing scene reminded him of what combat used to feel like. Maybe this was a call for him to engage in fights more often. Perhaps the diplomatic side that he's grown accustomed to wasn't a good fit for this more violent side. He'd philosophize about this later, and come to the conclusion that he needed a safe outlet for his potential for violence. Somewhere where it won't bother people. He came back to his senses when he heard the other brother shout. Having been lost in thought for a few seconds, the male shrugged, and replied: "Boo-shaka-laka, one down. One to g--" Mid dialogue, Kenzo came lunging down from the end of a case of stairs. Diego remained tunnel visioned on Noel prior to Kenzo's upcoming sequence of movements. He'd have performed a sneak attack to take down the other brother, Noel witnessed it happening and stopped mid sentence due to it. "Well shit, good you Kenzo--you took a good pragmatic decision in the heat of the moment, I like that." He'd flash his guild mate with a thumbs up after both brothers were laying collapsed on the floor. He was quite proud of him taking advantage of the situation, advantage of the chaos that was Noel to attack while they were distracted.

As the dust had settled, Noel had already roped Macaroni's hands to his back it was completely unnecessary as he was clearly out of commission for a few weeks. Noel could recall an incident from the past where he assumed the same thing about an opponent who eventually turned around and managed to land a hit on him. There wasn't going to be any repeats of incidents such as those. Noel wasn't as concerned about Macaroni as Kenzo was. A casualty like this meant almost nothing to him. It'd set an example, discouraging others from doing the same. But perhaps a more merciful hand should have been played? It was hard to say. "He'll be alright, just needs to nap it off." He obviously needed a little more than a nap. Curious onlookers were trying to figure out what was happening. Staff from the inside eventually came out of the building, a guard with his weapon drawn. Noel reported to him in a loud voice, loud for other onlookers to hear as well. "It's fine, threat has been dealt with. Your men can stand down!" A collective sigh of relief occurred as Kenzo searching one of the bodies. Relief that all was fine. The guards came out to tie Diego's hands as well. They'd take care of it.

"Yes, let's head back up and see Main Man."

Noel stretched a little, a few of his sausages had been scattered across the ground in front of the entrance. He'd grab one off the ground and blow really hard on it. "That takes care of that." While eating, Noel stepped back inside. Kenzo dealt with the security outside in relations to the front door. As he headed up the stairs, the doors to Main Mans office were already open. The secretary had been standing up. "Well?" Noel gave a cool nod, indicating that things were chill. These behavior mannerisms were symptoms of his mid-life crisis. "Good." She sat back down, and pressed on the buzzer to indicate Main Man that guests were coming.  Without a further due, Noel opened the main door to the office of Main Man. Who was standing at the corner of the room, watching through the blinds. "I've seen what you've done." Without replying to it, Noel took the first chair he could find and planted his ass on it. "Let me show you this graph, my partner in crime Kenzo will explain what it means." As Noel began to pull out the diagram from his jacket, Main Man had interrupted him. "Stop, I don't care about the graph. I know you two are from Advent World. I assume you want to rule this district, am I correct?" Noel let the graph he'd made rest on the table. "You are right on the money, Main Man. Thing is though, instead of 'ruling' your art gallery, we will let you remain as an autonomous autonomy." He'd stand up, with both arms crossed and approaching the Main Man; who was much shorter than he was. "You can make up your own goal, and pursue it. Inform us about it, and in return we protect your place from other gangs. Because they won't stop coming, it'll just be a bloodshed until you give complete control over to someone more nefarious. Who wants to use your paintings to launder their money with, for example." Main Man walked back to the desk in the center of the room. Presumably, in thought of what had happened today. Looking over to see the graph that Noel made. Extending arms to get it, Main Man looked up at Kenzo. "So what's this then?" This was probably a good time for Kenzo to hop in and explain the partnership. Perhaps he could raise a certain point about tourism, and how attacks are killing for her gallery. And that Advent World would take a small margin of their income based on how well they fare after their partnership with Advent World.

EQUIPMENT WORN
[Rare] Gust Gauntlet
Name : Gust Gauntlet

Slot : Weapon

Type : Hand

Handling : One-Handed

Class : Rare

Quantity : Unlimited

Element : Wind

Damage : +40

Durability : 1x S-rank

Description : A superior Wind-enchanted gauntlet.

Details : The gauntlet covers the user's hand until their wrist.

Requirements : None

Bonus  :

• Speed : +20

Ownership : Purchase

[Rare] Raven Night Ring
Name : Raven Night Ring

Slot : Ring

Type : Ring

Element : Arcane

Durability : 1x S-Rank

Description : A ring which allows the user to cast the Raven Metamorphose spell to turn into a raven.

Spell :

• Name: Raven Metamorphose
    Mana Cost: 50
    Requirements: Raven Night Ring
    Type: Supplementary
    Element: Arcane
    Range: Self
    Cooldown: 2 Posts
    Duration: Sustain
    Effect: The user changes their appearance into a raven. Their feather color is always black. The user can speak while in raven form. The user can't cast spells while being in raven form. The effects of items that were worn while in human form are still applied to the user in raven form but spells that are attached to items can't be used. The user can fly up to 15 meters without using extra mana.

Ownership : Refund

SPELLS PERFORMED
Check in later...

ADVENT WORLD.

Graph:

#14Kenzo Valens 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:04 pm

Kenzo Valens
Kenzo entered the room after Noel had already sat on a chair, just in time to hear his guildmate explain Main Man about the possible implications that came with these turbulent times. Some months ago, the merc had heard a couple of merchants talking about the current state of the country and how it was best described as an Open Season. In his mind, it was absolutely true. With the recent fracture created between the noble and royal factions, the centralization of power had been dissipated as the nobles left their estates and lodgings in the capital and ventured into the country. The king and the royal family had been left virtually powerless to exert control over the different noble holdings in the land. It was a time of uncertainty, where rules would have to be rewritten. If history had taught something to humanity time and time again, was that those that wrote them ultimately came on top.

Main Man knew this. Without a strong central government, power struggles were sure to pop up in the cities. His job was to identify which group to support. Evidently, he’d never bid for anything but the most likely to come on top. The display of power he’d just seen a couple of moments ago, was enough to convince him that Advent World would have no trouble filling the role. Now, it all came down to the nitty gritty details of tracing an agreement.

”Well, this is actually very simple. As seen in this graph, we’ve traced two forecasts for the Majura Gallery. The first of these two is one where we are not to intervene. Taking into consideration the growing restlessness of the population, people are less likely to travel to cities with high indexes of insecurity. Less people traffic means less trade, and by consequence less purchasing power for the citizens. Since almost half of the Majura Gallery earnings come from local patrons, the decrease in cashflow will be quite significant.” Kenzo took a moment to move a bit forward in his chair. Talking about these topics made him excited. After all, he had also done his homework beforehand. All those quests he had taken prior to this operation had been with the sole purpose of obtaining information on the Gallery.

”This decrease in income will likely mean the Gallery will have to face losses or cut staff. Less staff means less security and considering there has been an upward trend in criminal activity for the past two months in Oak, less security means the Gallery will become an easier target just like today. There are even some rumors going around the city that the Martello mafia recently scammed you in an Auction a couple of weeks back. They’ve been flaunting a couple of priceless pieces they managed to get for a ridiculously low amount of money.” Kenzo faked a face of pity masterfully. He had mastered that art in the streets of Bellum. Truly, there was no better school for an orphan than the harsh reality of having to scam and thieve to survive.

Main Man was visibly shaken by the mentioning of that specific information. It was supposed to be a top-secret matter. Of course, Kenzo had not stumbled upon that news so opportunely either. In fact, he had taken the job for Remy Martello and helped him make sure the operation succeeded. Naturally, he left that detail out for obvious reasons. ”Che. Those fucking newcomers. Vincenze has certainly stopped being useful ever since they have their hands full with them.” The fact that Main Man mentioned the fact meant Kenzo and Noel were right on the money. They needed to replace their current protectors.

”I could go on and on about the challenges you’ll face in the future if nothing changes in the city, but I’m sure that you’re better aware of them than us. Instead, let’s focus on this green vertical inflection point. What Advent World offers is just as Noel has said. The Majura Gallery will remain under the guild’s protection and be granted full autonomy in the future it takes.” Kenzo moved a bit backwards as he crossed both hands and placed them on the table.

”We will make sure the Gallery can operate undisturbed. Soon enough, we’ll take control of the transit routes to Oak and put an end to attacks in the roads and within the streets. This will stabilize the city once again. You may operate as you see fit as long as you provide us with information about the future you wish to take. We can sign an agreement for a term of one year. During this time lapse, we will ask for no monetary remuneration. Instead, we will expect to obtain information from your patrons and any other piece of news you could provide. Furthermore, important guild events and diplomatic matters can be hosted in some of the Gallery’s conference rooms, with any proceeds deriving from the them going completely to you. Once the contract time is done, we will discuss an extension of the deal involving a margin of the Gallery’s income as long as you’re satisfied with the service we provided.”

Main Man smiled beneath the mask as he finished hearing the proposal. ”Hmph. I guess you’ve gotten all planned out right? I’d be a fool not to accept this offer” A feminine voice suddenly spoke behind the hidden figure with a chuckle. Kenzo was caught back by the fact, but it instantly made sense as Main Man took off the mask covering his- or rather her, face. A golden-haired elf cleared her throat as she looked at both men with a smile. ”Anything you’d like to add Mr Noel?”

An air of dignity was evident from the female. She proceeded from a rich family, that was for sure. Some elves were known to own most of Fiore’s financial sector at its highest levels. For now, it seemed the matter had virtually been solved. Or had it?

#15Noel 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Noel

NOEL RAION.

ダークウィザード.

While Noel had been seated, Kenzo joined him and Main Man into the room. While Noel did most of the talking up to that point, Main Man had directed their attention at Kenzo. Noel wanted to see the boy in action when it came to being diplomatic like. He reiterated on the graph, which represented a doomed ending. The tall male attentively listened to Kenzo explain. He'd hit the language of the art owner pretty well; which was money. A decrease of which could have an impact on the owner of the gallery. So he knew that Main Man listened attentively too. Most of her advisors had warned her about this; but those were advisors - who were already very familiar with the way the business was ran. This person Kenzo was a stranger up until a moment ago. So for a stranger to notice this as well convinced Main Man that he may have been correct. There was little doubt about it. The graph also showed a positive outcome though. Seemingly, Kenzo was saving that for last--which he thought was a good move also. Always end on a high note.

Like a natural born salesman, Kenzo went through the various processes that were involved in a business suffering huge financial losses. They'd have even bigger problems, most of their expenditures were most likely the art pieces and the staff. Kenzo mentioned some rumors about an auction few weeks prior ensuing and a certain party named Martello maffia being involved. Claiming they scammed some money. Noel was a bit lost in the conversation, so he'd turn to Main Man. Something changed, he couldn't tell what exactly but Kenzo might have triggered Main Man in his view of things. Main Man responded to those allegations, confirming their truth. Noel thought it was a very specific rumor, something he'd make a mental note of to ask about later. Main Man mentioned new people, Noel laid a connection to Kenzos rumor. So those allegations were true. They were quite lucky about that, because if something like that turned out to be false that'd reflect poorly on Advent World, accusing people like that. Noel had a feeling there was more to the rumor than was being expressed, Kenzo isn't the type to take that risk willy-nilly. Kenzo went on to the practical workings of a potential alliance. A feminine voice coming from the direction of Main Man made Noel raise his eyebrow for a second, and then drop it. It made sense she tried portraying herself as a man in this cruel world. At least, that's the version that Noel got. He'd place his head on the palm of his hand, observing the unmasking of Main Man. Such an intuitive machine, her mask. It slipped off pretty quickly.

While Kenzo seemingly were stunned by her beauty, Noel thought it might be better for him to continue the conversation? Kenzo was a shy boy in Noels eyes, it made him want to laugh but he'd keep it in out of respect for the public imago of his guild mate. "Well, it's an important decision. But by your first impression, I assume we can tell our guild master the good news?" Main Man shedding her mask was indeed an indicator that she trusted the two. "Yes. I shall discuss this with our shareholders, but I'm sure they will approve of it too." Noel gave an approving nod in response, glad with the result the two managed to get today. "For your information, my real name is Vanessa. Please keep it to yourselves." The blonde woman said.

"Oh, right. Yes, actually, there's one more thing I'd like to mention."

Noel opened his coat and pulled out a scroll. This was a piece he had been working on for multiple days prior to them arriving at the Gallery. It actually started out as something he began on with serious intentions, but quickly became a joke instead. "I have a painting of the Guild Master of Advent World. I'd like your Gallery to feature it." Noel unwrapped the scroll and showed the gold haired elf the drawing. She placed her hand on her chin, skeptically reviewing it. "I like this, this is nice... I shall give it to my art director, he'll make sure it receives a nice place in the Gallery." Noel felt very gratified when he heard that, and gracefully handed the painted scroll over to Vanessa. He'd extend his hand to her. "Alright Vanessa, let's shake on this partnership." Vanessa laid down the scroll on her desk, returning to the two and shaking Noels hand with a happy expression on her face. She'd then turn to Kenzo, with her hand still extended. "Are you alright Kenzo, dear?" The lady had quite a sultry voice, she'd shoot the blue haired male a wink. After the Advent World wizards had shaken the hand of the Art Gallery owner, their partnership was quite sealed.

"Let's head back to the guild and brief Finn about this."

Noel proposed to Kenzo, he'd already have gotten up from the interaction prior. "I'll drop by for a cuppa tea next week Vanessa, I'm sure that's alright." She nodded, and waved the two off. Of course, putting her mask on again and getting back to work. On the way back, Noel would ask Kenzo about the rumor, and eventually brief Finn back in the guild hall.

Exit WC: 5525

EQUIPMENT WORN
[Rare] Gust Gauntlet
Name : Gust Gauntlet

Slot : Weapon

Type : Hand

Handling : One-Handed

Element : Wind

Damage : +40

Durability : 1x S-rank

Description : A superior Wind-enchanted gauntlet.

Details : The gauntlet covers the user's hand until their wrist.

Bonus  :

• Speed : +20

Ownership : Purchase

[Rare] Raven Night Ring
Name : Raven Night Ring

Slot : Ring

Type : Ring

Element : Arcane

Durability : 1x S-Rank

Description : A ring which allows the user to cast the Raven Metamorphose spell to turn into a raven.

Spell :

• Name: Raven Metamorphose
    Mana Cost: 50
    Requirements: Raven Night Ring
    Type: Supplementary
    Element: Arcane
    Range: Self
    Cooldown: 2 Posts
    Duration: Sustain
    Effect: The user changes their appearance into a raven. Their feather color is always black. The user can speak while in raven form. The user can't cast spells while being in raven form. The effects of items that were worn while in human form are still applied to the user in raven form but spells that are attached to items can't be used. The user can fly up to 15 meters without using extra mana.

Ownership : Refund

SPELLS PERFORMED
Check in later...

ADVENT WORLD.

Painting:

#16Kenzo Valens 

Marijuana Gallery ( Conquest ) Empty Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Kenzo Valens
It was a deal. Kenzo didn’t quite know what to say from that point onward, except nod with a smile after Noel confirmed with Main Man the good news. It had been quite the peculiar day, but in the end it was all worth it. The Majura Gallery was to enter into Advent World’s fold. It was now a matter of Finn and the elf signing some papers.

The woman introduced herself as Vanessa, telling both men to keep it a secret from others. It was logical for her to hide her appearance, given the nature of her job. She needed to appear more respectful in the midst of this male dominated business world. ”Pleasure to do business with you, Vanessa” The mercenary answered as he took off from the table and directed towards the exit.

Before he could take another step, Noel suddenly took out a scroll out of his coat. It was a painting of the guild master. It was also the first time Kenzo had seen it, surely the black-haired wizard had been working on it for a time now. Having seen now the pieces of art displayed at the Gallery, Kenzo couldn’t help but compare it with them. There was something rather.. crude? About it. The art neophyte couldn’t quite put a finger on the thing that made it stand out. Clearly it was Finn portrayed, but something about it didn’t quite evoke the feelings he had when seeing the collection The Life of Geb. Yet, when Vanessa gave her comments on the piece, Kenzo was once again reminded that he was a total newbie to the art scene. She was the owner of the Majura Art Gallery, and she seemed to praise Noel’s art. I guess I’ll never understand true art after all The thought crossed Kenzo’s mind as he heard the elf tell them she would find a suitable place to display it.

Either way, a handshake with her later, and both guildmates made their way back to the Advent World guildhall once again. As they walked through the streets of Oak, Noel asked the blue haired warrior what the rumor was all about. Taking a look back out of instinct, as if looking around to make sure no one from the Gallery could hear them, he told his guildmate the whole story. ”Well, ever since I got to Oak around a month ago I’ve been taking some missions from locals to gather information. Since we were to take over the city, Finn figured it would be best if we could get some insider information.” Kenzo made a pause as he placed both hands on the back of his head.

”I decided it would be best to infiltrate the underworld of Oak. Considering it’s always been a nest for dark guilds and criminals y’know… So, I decided to accept a request by a certain guy known around here as Dr. Stephan Mabuz. He’s got a shop near the town center. He sells herbs and medicines to people at cheap prices. But that’s all just some bull…” A smile escaped Kenzo’s lips for a second. ”In reality, the doctor is actually the local narcotics and illegal substances provider. He works with every single mob and gang that exists in Oak. Naturally, I tried to leave a good impression with him after helping him out in some.. sticky businesses he needed to have done. Soon enough he recommended me with the Martello mafia family.” Kenzo shrugged as he let the final sentence float in the air. He was not someone that enjoyed criminal activity, but it was something he would gladly accept to do as long as it served the better purpose. Taking into consideration the deal they just arranged with the Majura Gallery, he was pretty satisfied with the result. ”So a couple of weeks ago, the right hand man of the Martello boss gave me a call. Long story short, he wanted to mess around with the Gallery to get at their rival gang. The place was supposedly being protected by Vincenze Tessio’s mafia, so they place was the perfect target. Let’s just say that I simply helped the Martello’s get a better deal by switching the prices of the most expensive items in secret before an auction took place.” As the words came out, the mercenary realized the kind of soap opera he had gotten himself entangled with. Luckily, he had been smart enough to hide his identity, so everything would be fine.

As he finished with his story, both men made their way finally to the guild. Kenzo bid farewell to Noel before going to his room. Their job for the day was done. Now he needed to sleep away the horrible hangover he had been trying to suppress. He would travel to Baska later at night. He still had some matters left unresolved there.

-EXIT-

Final WC: 6208

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum