Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winter fishing.[Social/Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1James 

Winter fishing.[Social/Open] Empty Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:21 pm

James
A day in winter. The snow was coming down slowly from the skies. General snow, no storm, nice weather. James was wearing a winter trench coat over his normal white everyday shirt and pants. He was of course also wearing long johns and thick knitted wool socks. Otherwise he was wearing his normal clothing. Jeans,boots and all, serape excluded. The snow covered hat sat heavily upon his head as he sat near the riverbank.

River fishing was not really in season but there he was. He had shoveled away the snow as best he could using his hands and sat down upon the cold ground in a form of “snow couch” gripping a fishing rod tightly with his cold uncovered hands he slowly moved it back over his shoulder, unleashed the wire and cast out. The river lure soared in the sky as it made its way out into the river. The bobber hopping happily on the water’s surface.

He waited a bit setting the rod down in the deep snow so that his hands were free. He then reached into his satchel and took out some rolling papers and formed a cone with them in his hand that he could then fill. He then reached into his tobacco pouch and took out some tobacco that he put on top of the papers very carefully. Grabbing the papers with both hands he slowly rolled them together into a cone and licked them so that they glued together. Basically he made a cigarette ok. He then put it to his lips and lit it with a tinderbox. Inhaling and exhaling the smoke in long breaths.

The bobber sank beneath the water and started pulling the rod away so that James had to almost fall forward to get it in time. A silly scene for anyone whom could be watching.

#2Kazimir Seiryu 

Winter fishing.[Social/Open] Empty Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
There was a gentle snowfall peppering the landscape. His traditional black GI worn close to his body and his equally dark Hakama pants hovering slightly above the snowy ground. Kazimir pulled his white scarf closer around his neck and breathed into his hands for warmth. The billowy exhalation was visibly seen from the drop in temperature contrasted by his warm breath.  

The river was a nice scene even among the snow-covered banks and all seemed normal. Although his trip to Orchidia so far had been filled with running into unordinary people it seemed. As expected from the current state of affairs, he thought. Then he noticed a man in the distance, who had cast a fishing line into the cold river waters.

A small puff of smoke came from his lips until he nearly stumbled forward holding onto the rod before it slipped in with the fishes. The moment made him more concerned than made him laugh. Although seeing that it was under control he shook his head at the odd sight before him.

He approached the man who was sitting on a sofa of crystallized water. The snow crunched under his feet turning to slush. The closer he got the more he saw the stark difference between their attire as if they walked in from different worlds.

"I don't know how good the fishing is these days, but I have seen stranger things," He said with a slight smile, standing a few feet from the man.

#3James 

Winter fishing.[Social/Open] Empty Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:52 pm

James
James pulled back. The line visibly stretched as he did. There was something on the hook. He started to combat the fish movements and started to reel in. A man’s voice could be heard from behind him. James sneezed and just as he did he pulled the fishing rod in a weird manner backwards sending the fish flying out of the water straight into his face where it started wiggling around slapping James several times with its fins.

James in turn let go of the fishing rod. He wouldn’t stand down in a fight. The fish was big but James was bigger. He grabbed onto the fish head with his right hand and jammed his thumb inside it’s jaws down its throat. A slapping contest ensued. Fast left slaps turned into faster left slaps the momentum was never lost except for when the fish counter slapped. In the end the power of the momentum got so fast that a slap shattered the fish neck.

“Yeah I don’t think it’s really fishing season but at least I got one. Care to join me?”He said looking over his shoulder at the man whom in comparison to James clothing wore very strange eastern clothing. After all it would be quite nice to have someone to fish with. Sadly James had only brought one fishing rod so the eastern man would have to come up with some other way to fish.

#4Kazimir Seiryu 

Winter fishing.[Social/Open] Empty Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:59 am

Kazimir Seiryu
The man flung a fish directly into his face and a hefty battle ensued. It was a festival of slaps that could have gone either way for a moment. Kazimir jerked forward to help but the Cowboy's intent flared and any intrusion would have been disrespectful to the challenge. The Cowboy took control and with a swift move as the slaps rained down between them, the fish's neck was snapped and the man emerged victoriously.

As the fish was placed down the man offered for Kazimir to join him. His face was moist from the war with the fish but he was unshaken by it. "Looks like that hasn't stopped you. Yeah, I'll give it a whirl," he said as he took a seat on the snowy bank next to the man.

He pulled out a piece of food from his bag and ripped it into smaller pieces. With a gentle toss, it landed on the cold water bobbing in the waves. He readied his hand forward at the water as if he was ready to cast a spell at the movement of a fish.

He looked back at the cowboy, "I usually just pop them out with some wind," he said with a small grin. He settled into the sit and waited with man, for more fish to come. "So, what brings you here? You don't seem like you're from here."

He asked but then heard the sound of music in the distance, "Oh. Sorry, but I actually have a prior engagement. Let's go fishing once I get a pole."

He said as he stood and hurried to the sounds of music playing from an Inn. 

-exit-

#5James 

Winter fishing.[Social/Open] Empty Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 am

James
James looked at the man then at the fish and then at his fishing pole. The cold wind swept through his clothes and instantly made him feel like maybe river fishing during the winter in inadequate clothing had not been the smartest of ideas luckily for him it seemed as if the other man was about to leave anyways. James slowly stood up and looked at the other guy again. “Well seems I have places to be as well. Maybe we could take this up some other time then.”

He fastened the line of the fishing rod and sat it down in the snow. Took out a bag of tobacco rolled a cigarette using both of his hands, put it to his lips and lit with some matches. The fish still lay dead in the snow with some small postmortem spasms. After having lit the cigarette James collected his belongings and the fish that he had just brawled to death and then James walked away walking in the opposite direction of the man whom he did not know the name of that he was going to meet for fishing some other time. When or where he did not know but he was definitely going to meet him again at some other place in time. As James walked away he had this slight vision of something bad happening.

-exit-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum