Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Caitlyn 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:13 am

Caitlyn

CAITLYN, THE TRAVELLING MERCHANT

■ 205 WORDS ■ "This is how it should be."

Les was gone. There was no other way to say it. There was nothing else she could have done. . . but they were Manji. Their god would rise again, and so would their souls be reborn. It was their cost of life, their trade. They were all waiting for this moment, and having failed once, they would have to try again, harder.

She had collected the lives of many having worked with the graveyard so frequently. Bodies of old mages of mixed lifestyles had filled a hole hidden deep under the temple. It was saved for this moment. The sage and mounds of incense burned to mask the smell. On this day the temple would be empty as they would all remain outside. The doors kept open to welcome the guest that was to soon arrive.

She awaited, her head bowed to the altar within the back of the small church. The Manji temple was simple, wooden with other mixed materials. They were not wealthy people and strived on donations for the most part. They had no relics to fund themselves, not any longer. Here, their suffering would end and they would be presented a new solution. This was just how the Manji lived.

#2Chisu Lau Manji 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:23 am

Chisu Lau Manji

WHERE THE ROAD ENDS
CURSE THE MAN THAT COULD NOT SAVE HER.

She arrived at day break. It seemed to take more time than she thought. The man had stopped their travel right before a large church. Was it Santos? No, it had been a while, but she knew the temple when she saw it. It was a bit changed, a lot of the stone changed to wood, and a lot of it finally replaced and removed of the rotting.

"Milday, this is the place I believe." he said to the raven haired woman.

"Thank you." She wondered about how their own lives were, the caretakers.. "Grant your father my thanks.." She looked at it and all of the sickly people that walked in and out of the doors. It was supposed to be abandoned for the most part. It seemed like they would all linger, forever.

Chi lifted her cloak to cover her head and face. She hopped off the wagon and made her way to the back of the carriage. Her arms bent, wrapped and bloodied. She was a fool to let loose of her emotions.

"Do you need help, miss-?"

"Manji. And no thanks."

"Miss Manji? That is a title I could enjoy." Nameless spoke out to the girl. She knew enough to know what was planned.

This was going to be the end of the road, the final stop. They would return only when the task was done. When the Manji would be safe, she would rise from the ashes.

She would be reborn.

Warrior Set Equiped
Arms broken

#3Caitlyn 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:26 am

Caitlyn

CAITLYN, THE FIRST SETSUNA

■ 207 WORDS ■ "Let me see her... I have to see her..."

She had been waiting. The bodies lay in the bottom of a pit that was dug under the temple. It was by their god's wishes to do so, and Caitlyn dared not question. There was something to happen today, and it was nothing she was prepared for.

"She's so pretty. Why does she wear a robe?"

"I've seen her before!"

It was then, by those words, Caitlyn knew who it could be. She would make her way past the people, they were all but complete. They had all awaited this day.

Black hair begun to flow, and a coffin hit the ground, the man rode away. She was coming towards the temple. Was it her? Was it them?

Was this the end of their fate?

No, their story wasn't going to end anytime soon. A book might end, but a story can go on forever. It was only a question of who would be writing this new future, and who would remain from these old times?

These of course, were not on her mind. All Caitlyn focused on was what could possibly lay within that wooden box. She feared the worst, but if she was brought here, at least she could see her face, one last time.

#4Chisu Lau Manji 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:32 am

Chisu Lau Manji

WHERE THE ROAD ENDS

There was no time to waste. The pages were turning and they couldn't stop it. It would be a waste of their time to struggle and fight back. Chisu was going to pay the cost, just as Nameless did long ago, and continued to pay.

She would spot the woman, a face she could never forget. It was by her hand that they all were able to make safe refuge in this new world. Sure, Chisu's first moments were harsh, but it was better to have it rough, than not at all.

"Miss Caitlyn, we have no time to waste. I trust you have made preparations?" Chi asked, her blade on her hip and coffin, all but left open, behind her. "The caretaker has granted us a gift for this evening."

There was no telling how she would take this ritual. Chisu didn't know if it would work either. It was their duty to try, if it failed, then it was at the cost of strengthening their god for the next attempt. Chisu's soul was strong and pure. If it did not happen soon, it would happen when the time was right, when all was safe.

She would follow the woman to wherever they needed to go.

These were the final moments. There was no going back.

Warrior Set Equiped
Arms broken

#5Caitlyn 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:57 am

Caitlyn

■ 226 WORDS ■ "Let me see her... I have to see her..."

It had been so long since she had seen Chisu. She was the heir, and here is where the story was going to end. There was no longer any more need for any of them to suffer. This was the outcome of their work, however it was going to end.

"Unfortunately, yes." she would answer. Any time a life was lost was a sad day, even if their god would rise. Chisu was someone of high honor. "The remains of Sekiya, Les as well as Nobunage rest within, along with the pureblood you had requested." The vesss

There was much to say, but here, for now, the less words between them, the easier this would become.

The two of them would find their way to the basement of the temple, supporting the weight of the box as they walked it down the steps. There, they would lay the coffin beside the pit and wait for everything to be in place before they would begin the end.

Here, Caitlyn would assume the title, even for a moment. She would have the most true blood until everything was set into place. It was going to her her rite to complete this task for her. For all of them. It was going to be the last hurdle in their lives. Then...

They would have a god to listen to.

#6Chisu Lau Manji 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:04 am

Chisu Lau Manji

WHERE THE ROAD ENDS

She would kneel before the pit, the girl that saved the soul that ended the life that ended theirs. It was the perfect example of the greatest reward at the highest cost. But none of them bore sadness. None of them bore anger. It was their fate to live and die. There was nothing more honorable than to die for their cause. However that fact alone does not stop a woman from harboring a grudge against a man. No matter how many times he died, or how long he suffered, she would not forget what he had done to them.

Chisu sat, the blood oozing from her wounds. While they were wrapped they had kept from putting all of the weight on the points of pain, but would not change the damage done.

She looked at the body. She could see the wound that claimed her life, as well as the marks from the man that attempted to dispose of her. Gashes, large wounds, burn marks. He was no skilled killer, only a leader of foolish strong men. Chisu nodded at the idea of raising her own army of the same like.

The Manji were different.

She would await her own demise without ill will. She would not fight back anymore.

Chisu would turn away from the grave as she sat before it. Her feet would be crossed, her blade placed on her hip, facing forward. It was ceremony to die by their blades. It was their custom to usurp themselves. When they hold no longer purpose, it is their cause to give them a warriors death. To live without a reason to die, is to be dead. To die for honor, is immortality.

Chi would wait for her final moments. Her eyes closed, her chin held high.

And this was the end.

#7Caitlyn 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:08 am

Caitlyn

■ 241 WORDS ■ "Let me see her... I have to see her..."

One cannot create without first destroying. You cannot make life without taking life. Everything came at a cost. Freedom came at the greatest cost. You could not free yourself, without first restricting others, or yourself. The world was full of odd contradictions.

Caitlyn knelt before the woman she served, and the embodiment of a god. She bowed in respect. The relic remained on Chi's back. Caitlyn would remove it from her, taking it from it's case to lay upon her skin. She would lift her hair and place it against her flesh. With the blood on her hands, she would slowly take up the sword that within its scabbard. It was going to be quick. She would not suffer.

She would unsheathe the blade. She would take the blade and push it forward in one clean movement. It would be a single scar when it was done. The blade would pierce the woman's chest, heading directly for the woman's heart and lungs in one swift movement, and an odd angle at that.

The sword would then find its way into the pit, as would the girl and the object pressed to her back. Caitlyn would shed a tear, for this moment she was the elder. She was now the heir, for this moment. For this moment, she was alone.

For now, bodies of all that was lost lay together.

And soon they would all be covered in dirt, made to forget... to all but the Manji.

#8Mikiko 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:44 am

Mikiko

FOR THE MANJI
I WONDER WHAT MAKES YOU TICK

It was over. Miki had be waiting, watching from the corner of the room. It was almost sickening. But with the candle light, most of the details of the matter were hidden behind candle flicker. She opened the book, the one she was required to record, with Caitlyn's set upon the desk beside her. Within it carried all of their thoughts, as well as their tellings. It was said they were required to hold their books, for when they are reborn, their minds may not remember who they used to be. For them, it was a paper record of everything in their minds. The language was their own, of the people of Manjinoki. Even if they lost the book, no one could read it, no record of their existence even remained, all thanks to that man.

Here, the book of Chisu remained on the altar above, for it was the closest telling of their god's tale. But if it were so, would their god not lose her mind at her time of a new breath?

Mikiko shook her head at the thought. Someone had died for something they didn't even truly know would work. Everything was done in blind faith.

Was this the legacy of the Manji?

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] I2ohmg
( App - [Tracker] - GFX )
#9Yukirochisu 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Yukirochisu
Darkness. Shadows, Shade. It was all eternal. It was all how it was. Time never stops it keeps moving. Time always moves forward. But sometimes, time slows down. Sometimes time is fooled. Sometimes, time doesn't flow like it should. Sometimes for others, time is reset.

. . . she yawned. She lay there, covered in blood. She stretched. She yawned. She rubbed her eyes, she looked at her own wounds. She yawned again.

"Dad?" she looked up from the bottom of the pit. She didn't even look at the bodies, nor think twice of the stench. She took up the blade that rested beside her and began to crawl up from the pit.

She would reach the top, to find candle light and people waiting. What was this place, and who were they? What was going on. She sighed, placing the sword on the floor of the room before hopping out of the pit. Who knows how long it really was, but for her it was just a ten meter climb.

"... It seems I was apawenrtly taken somewhere else." she would pout at the new faces. "Who the fuck are y'all?"

She had never seen any of them before in her life.
NAMELESS,
THE MANJI WARLORD

202 Words
Miss Manji

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] 2rwangp_th

#10Caitlyn 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Caitlyn

■ 205 WORDS ■ "This is not the way."

It was... already completed?

A girl would emerge, ears atop her head and a curious way of speaking. It had to be their master, there was telling no other method around it. They had collected bodies of nothing but purebood Neko-

Oh.

Oh that's where it went wrong.

There was no demon she could get her hands on. She bought and collected as she could. Perhaps it would not change her power, and if it did, her god could change it surely.

"Caitlyn, my goddess." she would say it with a bow. She would look towards Mikiko and urge her to do the same. She would take her own book from the desk, and set it in front of her. "We kept these, as you asked."

She would run up the stairs to retrieve Chi Lau's book as well, only to return and place it before the woman.

"These are our recordings, of all of our travels. Every little detail. From my days with Waylon to fighting against Santos. Surely you remember." But could she ever know what she would remember?

After all, someone can't remember a life they never lived, but they can always pretend. And to some, pretending long enough, became a new reality.
[

#11Mikiko 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:19 am

Mikiko

FOR THE MANJI

Her father? At the time of her awakening, she called for her father? No, of course. It was the great spirit of the forest. The god of death. Perhaps that was her father, and only he could allow her to live again. That had to be it, and in her own rebirth, she had lost her knowledge. This was the need for the recordings.

Mikiko nodded, and bowed in reply to her mentor, onto to set her book beside Caitlyn's and to take a step back.

"So how much of Fiore do you remember?" she asked, if not for her position, but her own curiosity. "I suppose you at least remember Geno and your debt to him, or perhaps who the Manji are."Mikiko shook her head at the thought. Someone had died for something they didn't even truly know would work. Everything was done in blind faith. She had to know who and what everything was about. She was their god, but how much of the world was she immune to?

How much of this world could she endure?

There was so much to discover and so much to learn. But how much could the god without a name really teach them, especially in a state like this?

#12Yukirochisu 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:33 am

Yukirochisu
Books. Pages. Symbols. Letters. This foreign tongue, the language these books were written in, she knew it all too well. They were in the language of her father's teachings. Whoever these people were, she either had led them before, or they were a byproduct of her father's way. The latter was unlikely, so she had to assume she had influenced them in some way.

She opened the books and skimmed through them all. They seemed to be diaries of some kind, mainly telling feelings. She looked at Caitlyn, and she knew enough to know how she had touched this part of the world.

"I may not know what the hell a Flowery is, but I know that she's a Setsuna, and y'all know the Manji language." she rose a hand to point at Caitlyn. She had read a good portion of the book, but the only things that stuck to her mind were the names Bodak and Geno. The rest seemed useless to her.

She rose up, looking around. The other thing that stood out what how they spoke and their mannerisms. "So what's this place, and what are we doing here?" She had dropped her facade and all of her jokes. This was no laughing matter. The sword that had claimed a life just moments before, remained in her right hand, dripping blood as the tip touched the ground. The girl was amused, wondering what had become of her implied teachings.
NAMELESS,
THE MANJI WARLORD

242 Words
Miss Manji

#13Caitlyn 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:55 am

Caitlyn

■ 201 WORDS ■ "This is not the way."

A Setsuna? What could that possibly mean? No, Caitlyn was a Manji, at least in spirit. But was a Setsuna something of another matter? "A Setsuna? What-" No, she knew the answer. She was artificial. She was created at the hand of her goddess herself. She was created, from her god's own mold. How dare she question it. ". . . .nevermind. We are your followers. We serve you, and we have done our best to unify Fiore for our rule."

It was what they had done. The Manji had set themselves all over Fiore in the guises of Shrinemaidens to recruit and find eyes in all agencies of this world. They had all sought to network to give the Manji Clan the upmost control over the country. It was their goal and it was all they had wished to do. This was their quest. And they would succeed. They had done it, and would continue to do it, for their master alone.

Here they would not await her new orders and her plan of action. They had made progress, however slow, and  as of now, they would stand with her to unite this country. The Manji would rule them all.

#14Yukirochisu 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:08 am

Yukirochisu
No no no no no . . . These fools. This was not what they stood for. They were not rulers, they were fighters, granters of wishes. They did not make the people serve them, they served the people. Nameless took her blade and drove it into the black haired woman, taking it up to the hilt. She would lift the woman with the force of the blade, her eyes glowing red with anger. What was she supposed to tell these fools.

"We do not govern our people." she would say, before dropping the woman. These Manji were all false, using her namesake wrongfully. They were all dishonorable. She would spare her first offspring for now. "Is this why you have built this temple? Then you are not fit to be a shrinemaiden. You teach these people heresy!" She threw the blade into the pit, the woman would most likely fall to the ground, weak and out of breath, Nameless would sit on her like a chair. She would reach up to a candle and take it in her hands, only to toss it across the room into a pile of the burning incense. A fire would begin to start, and there was no water to extinguish it. Nameless knew what she was doing.

She was going to take the temple down, along with the Manji name. None of these mortals deserved these teachings.
NAMELESS,
THE MANJI WARLORD

242 Words
Miss Manji

#15Mikiko 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:24 am

Mikiko

FOR THE MANJI

She did not seem to remember anything, nor held a care in the matter of which. She was different than she imagined, as well as hoped. She was much more careless, and carefree. She wasn't as gathered as everyone seemed to refer to her as. She was like a child, ready to throw a fit at the first-

"We do not govern our people."

Those words, it was the last words she would hear. The next second she found herself nearly thrown to the ceiling, only to have a sharp pain drive through her belly. She would begin to slide down, the edge cutting her as it happened. She was silent. She would endure the pain. This was the power of the one they had sought to bring back, and they had made a mockery of her ideals. This was their punishment. This was her fate.

She would be dropped to the ground, her eyes wide open, watching Caitlyn. If she wasn't a Manji, what was she? What was anyone anymore?

She pressed against the cold ground, only to watch a candle thrown into the corner into the piles of burning incense. To the flame it was kindling, and it would ignite into a massive flame. The wooden temple would have no means to stop it.

This was how it would end. This was how it was going to end.

The woman would sit upon Mikiko, only to force her lungs to expel the last of her breath. With her final moments getting closer and closer, she struggled to overcome the pain to breathe.

And

. . . Soon

. . . . . She

. . . . . . . . . Would

. . . . . . . . . . . . Give

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Up

Mikiko is now dead

#16Caitlyn 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:30 am

Caitlyn

■ 209 WORDS ■ "This is not the way."

She was a failure. She was no Manji. She was no Setsuna. She had displeased her. To watch Mikiko would only drive the point further. She was guided not by the voice of her god, but the voice of her own demons. She was a fool to think she had been guided, she was nothing more than a failed prototype.

She watched the flame begin, only to realize what was to follow. It was better this way. Les would never have been able to rest in peace if they tried to take over. She had died a warriors death, and she served Nameless to the end, as Chisu did. But here, Caitlyn and Mikiko were failures.

She would run through the stairs to warn the others. She would only wait and watch from outside, when the others were removed from the burning temple walls. She would watch the demise of the grand temple she had worked so hard to build.

She was nothing more than a house for the ill and old, asking for donations to feed her own wrongful image of her deity.

Everything she did was wrong to this point, and now it was going to be lost. She was not worthy to carry on any longer.

#17Yukirochisu 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:35 am

Yukirochisu
With the other white haired woman gone, she would watch the flames begin. She would drag Mikiko by the straps of her dress and drag her over to the pit. The flames would grow, catching fire to the wooden beams. There was no reason for her to chase after her devotee. She had a nice cool and save place. She knew the layout enough to know it was a replication of the Manjioki Church. Above her was nothing but benches and open areas. The wood would burn and set into ash.

She would grab the woman and throw both herself and her into the pit. She would use her as a shield from the heat, along with the other rotting bodies.
To here, it didn't matter the smell or where it was. It was going to be her little haven for the time being. For now, she was save. The beams would block the entry, which for her would only be a inconvenience when it was over. Nothing could stop her. Not the flames, nor the ash, nor the lies of a woman seeking power. Outside was full of corruption. Outside was the ill and aged. The dark depths of the pit would be safe, for now at least.

The temple would burn until there was nothing left of the Manji . . . .  in this town at least.
NAMELESS,
THE MANJI WARLORD

230 Words
Miss Manji

#18Caitlyn 

I'll Make a Man(ji) Out of You [Private][Red] Empty Thu May 03, 2018 8:31 am

Caitlyn

■ 231 WORDS ■ "This is not the way."

The house had fallen. All of her hard work had come down in flames. Her master had destroyed her work because it had all stood for the wrong thing. What was she supposed to say? What was she supposed to do? What would anyone else have done? She was full of questions, and was left without answers. The sick and the weak watched all of it burn down, as did the shrinemaiden. She was from an older time it seemed. Nothing seemed to make sense. The world was moving past her.

There was no reason for her to oppose Santos now. There was no longer a struggle for power. Perhaps this was the reason, or maybe it would simply just become a side effect. The end would be unclear and unapparent. There was much to consider, but for now she would rest. For once she would rest for herself and no one else.

For now it was about her. It was what they had done. The Manji had set themselves all over Fiore in the guises of Shrinemaidens to recruit and find eyes in all agencies of this world. They had all sought to network to give the Manji Clan the upmost control over the country. It was their goal and it was all they had wished to do. This was their quest. And they would fail. They... had always failed.

/end

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum