Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Granny-Sitting [Quest:Ianthe]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ianthe 

Granny-Sitting [Quest:Ianthe] Empty Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Ianthe
Spoiler:

Orchidia was just a wonderful experience for Ianthe. She found herself getting lost so much in her first few days that she stopped caring and purposely went out to get lost. She found plenty of foods and stores, the parks were gorgeous but her favorite thing about Orchidia was the Ox Bathhouse. When she wasn't out and about trying to take in all the sights she spent her time at the bathhouse, mostly during the night hours. She didn't care for the mixed section and often stayed with just the women who were a treat to be around. Even though Ianthe wanted so very much to explore more of Orchidia today she knew she had to start taking on some request and maybe get some information on the guild that resides here. If Ianthe decided she did want to check out the guild, it would be the first guild she ever visited so she was a little more than excited to do so.

The sun was setting, the day turning to night and the temperature dropping just a tad while cool breezes picked up around the area. This was Ianthe's fourth day in Orchidia and already she had found work. Now weather this work was going to be easy or not was another thing altogether. " Now let's see here, which door... Oh ok I see. " Directions in hand she found herself in Orchidia Apartments. It was a nice place, somewhere she would want to be rather than at a Inn. Walking up the the door she knocked a few times and then a few more before being greeted to a man who looked as if his eyes burned.

" So you are the one that's gonna watch my wonderful mother? Good. She is precious to me and all I have left take great care of her or else. "

Ianthe could only nod as she heard a twinge of a slur in the man's voice.

" The name's Mitya by the way, and this here is my sweet mum Rynah. She usually keeps herself busy, but watch her well.. Or you'll find she may go missing or worse, also she is forgetful keep that in mind. Anyway I'm gone, take care. "

Ianthe watched him off, locking the door behind the strange man.

Her task was simple when said out loud but she wouldn't underestimate the power of the elderly. Those folk who are looked over so much have quite a bit of wisdom, enough to outsmart her young mind. For the most part the apartment was quiet. It was a three bedroom, two bathroom with everything one could need to live comfortably and more. Ianthe, in order to have a better watch over the old woman, allowed herself to be entertained with her activities.

" Oh... A four letter word for Dairy.... Mmm. "

" MMMM Milk! "

" Oh hohoho aren't you the bright one. "

The crossword puzzles were pretty fun to do with Rynah. The old woman knew most of them right off the top of her head, but it was the simple ones that seem to escape her grasp. Ianthe was happy to help with those as she was always rewarded a sweet. These puzzles went on for only a hour or so before the old woman broke out some string and long sticks.

" Hey miss Rynah, what's that you are doin there? "

Ianthe was not afraid to admit that she did not know what those things were, and she was more than excited to learn. Rynah must of picked up on that and smiled at the confused girl.

" This is yarn and these are knitting needles deary. I will be doing some knitting but I'd be delighted to teach you. See you take this yarn here and then you pull this into a knot like so. Then of course you take your needles and wrap, twist, push the yarn through like so, pull, then repeat! Let's get you some yarn to practice with. " Rynah was so kind that Ianthe wished the woman was her own mother. Knitting was so nice, a relaxing activity for sure. Ianthe was taught to knit a simple scarf which was a lot harder than she thought. The action was simple enough but to put it practice was another story altogether. Looking over at the intricate designs that Rynah put Ianthe in a rut and the old woman must have saw this because a soft hand was placed on Ianthe's back, causing her to look up.

746/1000

Last edited by Ianthe on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2Ianthe 

Granny-Sitting [Quest:Ianthe] Empty Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Ianthe
" Oh deary, you'll get there I promise. Practice makes perfect so don't give up. How about we make some cookies? That should cheer you up. " Her voice was so sweet that all Ianthe could do was smile and nod. Getting up from the floor Ianthe followed Rynah to the kitchen. The kitchen itself was larger than the guest room and the main bathroom with all kind of equipment. Ianthe was surprised far beyond any words that could describe it.

" Oh no.. I seem to have run out of milk. Can you run to the store to get some for me? It's just down the street. I even have the money for it somewhere... "

Ianthe watched the woman search around until she came back around with a purse, pulling out some jewels.

" Ok... I'm not suppose to leave you, but I'll be right back... Um, just try to be safe ok? "

Rynah smiled and nodded, leaving the kitchen and going back to the living room area. Ianthe watched as the woman went back to knitting. Running out of the house and out into the night she knew where she was going. Ianthe had seen a store along her way here and lo and behold the place was still open. She quickly went in, grabbed the milk and paid for it before making a mad dash back to the apartment. Seeing as no smoke was rising she checked one thing off, now Ianthe hopped the woman was still inside of the house.

" Miss Rynah? I got the milk. "

Ianthe called out to the woman, more or less to make sure she was still inside the place. It was quiet for a moment, too long of a moment for Ianthe to be comfortable with. Running in the house she looked in each of the rooms until she came to the kitchen. A wave of relief washed over her as the woman was moving around, collecting ingredients while mumbling something about milk. " I got the Milk miss Rynah. " Ianthe beamed proudly as handed over the milk, and the next few actions this old woman would take would blow Ianthe's tiny little mind. Like a gust of wind that blew threw town Rynah moved at speeds that would be deemed impossible for her body. It took this woman less than two minutes to make the batter adding some blue crystals into it, taking the dough and placing them into cookie shapes and putting it in the oven. Ianthe could only watch as Rynah left to go back into the living room. Remembering what was said about the woman's forgetfulness, Ianthe waited for the cookies to be done before taking them out of the oven. " Miss Rynah, the cookies are done. "

The old woman appeared and smiled. " Thank you dear, I forgot all about these. " Handing a cookie to Ianthe she took the rest and placed them into a bowl.Ianthe's mouth watered something crazy as the enticing scent of the cookie sent her into a deluded hunger and before she knew it the cookie was gone and devoured. Something in that cookie sent a shock up the girl's spine, as energy surged all around her body. It felt like she was coming down from a high and then Mitya walked in. " Mmm smells like momma made cookies.. Thanks kid you can go now. here take this. " Throwing a small pouch to Ianthe, the girl thanked them both and made her way out the door. Traces of tingly energy sending her floating away.

1332/1000

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum