Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arclight Starter Spells

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Shinkiro Yamato 

Arclight Starter Spells Empty Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Shinkiro Yamato
Name: Ride the Currents
Mana Cost: 25
Requirements: Must have Lightning-based magic, Must remain in motion, Must wield Scarlet Arclight magic
Type: Supplementary - Movement
Element: Lightning
Range: Self
Cooldown: 1 Post
Duration: Sustain
Effect: Shinkiro begins by altering his bioelectricity and channeling it into his feet. The channeled electricity's sole purpose is to provide Shinkiro with a method of augmented movement. Shinkiro then utilizes the electricity to "ride" the electromagnetic currents of his surroundings or those of manmade structures/objects. As long as he remains in motion and the surface can hold an electrical or electromagnetic charge, Shinkiro is capable of traversing the surface through the use of this spell. The effect lasts as long as Shinkiro channels it, being ended the moment he ceases moving, receives damage, or no longer has the mana required to sustain the spell.

=======================

Name: Arc Pulse
Requirements: Must have Lightning-based magic, Must wield Scarlet Arclight magic
Type: Supplementary - Sensory
Range: 1 Meter
Cooldown:1 Post
Effect: Shinkiro charges repeated pulses of low-voltage electricity within himself and releases them outward from his location over a 1m area. The electricity is entirely harmless and has no ill effects on anyone or anything hit by them. Upon coming into contact with anything that can carry an electromagnetic, bioelectric, or electrical current, Shinkiro is able to sense them without having auditory or visual line of sensory on them. If the objects or person(s) are in motion, it is easier for Shinkiro to sense them. If they leave the affected area, Shinkiro can no longer sense them. The spell effect ends when Shinkiro discontinues channeling the spell or he no longer has the mana necessary to sustain it.

==================

Name: Shock Blast
Requirements: Must have Lightning-based magic, Must wield Scarlet Arclight magic
Type: Offensive - Projectile
Range: 5 Meters
Duration: Instant
Effect: Shinkiro begins by channeling his own bioelectricity as well as the electromagnetic energy from his surroundings into his hands. The electricity gathered has no ill effects on Shinkiro and is only damaging to targets or objects that Shinkiro designates. Once the electricity has been gathered and formed into a blast about the size of a basketball, Shinkiro proceeds to launch the blast in a forward line up to 5 meters ahead of him. Upon colliding with the intended target, it will sustain D-rank Shocking damage. If the blast reaches its full range without striking anything, it will harmlessly dissipate.

==================

Name: Lightning Shield
Mana Cost: 50
Type: Defensive
Range: 1 Meter
Cooldown: 2 Posts
Effect: Shinkiro charges his own bioelectricity and projects it out in front of himself and any nearby allies. The projected electricity is then merged with the electromagnetic currents of his surroundings to form a barrier of lightning 2m x 2m in size. The lightning used to compose the barrier is incapable of causing direct damage to his opponents. The barrier can withstand damage from up to two C-rank spells or a single B-rank spell before being broken.

===================

Name: Living Lightning
Type: Self-Buff - Speed
Range: Self
Effect: Shinkiro supercharges his own bioelectricity and allows it to circulate throughout his body. The electricity is harmless to him and instead serves to augment his natural speed. The circulating magic increases Shinkiro's speed for as long as he has the mana necessary to sustain it or until he deactivates the spell.

Last edited by Shinkiro Yamato on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

"Oi, you're Guest, right? Quit staring and say something! Don't make things weird."
#2Ryuko 

Arclight Starter Spells Empty Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Ryuko

Hey Shikiro~ a few quick points:

- For lightning Shield, please specify the size of your barrier, and keep in mind that until S rank you can't make full domes or body-armors, but you can make like a shield or half dome~ Also instant means it basically lasts till the end of the attack, as a barrier tech you'll want to put in Sustain

-  For the rest of your spells they are all fine, but keep the following in mind: You are not immune to your own lightning, so for example if you cast an AoE attack and the lightning strikes down with you in the area of effect? You'd be hit also~ At least unless your magic specifically mentions making you immune to the damage etc.

- For requirements please list your magic's name~

tag me in review when you're done~

#3Ryuko 

Arclight Starter Spells Empty Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:02 am

Ryuko

Hey Shinkiro, a final detail that needs to be fixed:

for Arc Pulse you'll want to put the type as: Supplementary - Sensory

#4Shinkiro Yamato 

Arclight Starter Spells Empty Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Shinkiro Yamato
Hey, sorry about the delay, but I made all of the changes mentioned. As far as the wording regarding the lightning from the spells/magic, I suppose that's just an old habit of mine from trying to prevent vague/timeline manipulation in writing. I understand that I'd still receive damage from AoE spells of my own magic unless I had a magic that provided resistance/invulnerability to its element. Rambling aside, let me know if I missed anything as far as changes that need to be made or anything that needs clarification.

"Oi, you're Guest, right? Quit staring and say something! Don't make things weird."
#5Ryuko 

Arclight Starter Spells Empty Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Ryuko

nope that's fine~ just keep in mind you'll have to train the C-rank spell to be able to use it~ but for the rest:

These spells have been approved.

The C-rank spell have been approved for training.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum