Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Outreach [Quest | Akira]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Hatsuharu 

Community Outreach [Quest | Akira] Empty Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 am

Hatsuharu
It was almost sundown by the time Haru and Akira reached Magnolia. After the tiring, long train journey, Haru expected to find a hotel and crash. However, after entering the beautiful, busy city of Magnolia, he couldn’t help but want to explore. Haru loved travelling to new places and having never seen a city this big before, all the tiredness from the travel miraculously vanished and he was a bundle of joy and hyperactivity. Turning towards Akira with his eyes wide, he spoke like a kid who had entered an amusement park. “You know what? Let’s explore a bit before we call it day.”

Whether she agreed or not, he was already on the move, dragging his luggage behind him. Haru didn’t care where he was going. He turned into any street at his whim, making his way towards the largest building that was in his vicinity. And that’s how he ended up at Kardia Cathedral. He was not religious, but he sure appreciated the art and architecture poured into the construction of such magnificent churches. He was so lost looking up at the building, that he ended up bumping into an old sickly lady. “I’m so sorry,” he said instinctively, turning towards the old lady. He noticed he had walked into a crowd, who all seemed to be sick.

From the other edge of the crowd, he could see a young priest having his hands full dealing with the sickly people around him. Haru turned back to see if Akira was still on his heels, and beckoned her towards the crowd. Nobody had to ask Haru to help; within a moment, he had put away his luggage at a corner and walked up to the priest. “Let me help, Father,” he said. Father Jerad seemed very grateful at the offer and allowed him to distribute the medicine with him.

310/1000

#2Akira Shimada 

Community Outreach [Quest | Akira] Empty Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:27 am

Akira Shimada
Akira wasn't about to call it a day anyway, but she would have preferred using the night time for her exploratory prowl. Having led all this time, Akira was a bit tired of calling the shots, but she could see from his trajectory that he was gravitating towards the big monument. Monument meant crowd, it already made her cringe. She was compelled to leave him to it, but for the moment, she marched on, her fingers firmly gripping the straps of her bag. It was just so she was sure he wouldn't get himself into anything messy. But sure enough, he leaped right amidst what looked very messy from where she was standing...

She lurked in the shadows as usual, and watched Tsuru streak through the group of rather weak looking people... The looked like they were afflicted by something unpleasant and probably contagious. Out of a small trace of concern, she wanted to call out to him and warn him, but that chirpy bundle had already bounded away. She kept her distance though... For the time being.

Her mind flicked back to Baska, there had been an outbreak of something nasty there as well, was some plague taking over Fiora? She hadn't really thought it'd ever come to that, but she trusted the doctor in Baska more than the man Tsuru had approached. That impeccably dressed, seemingly benevolent father who had positioned himself, with this air of superiority as he aided the ill around him, Akira stifled the shudder that threatened to run down her spine. Tsuru frantically beckoned her to join him, which unfortunately gained her the attention of the priest.

When she didn't budge, the man decided to make his way towards her. 'Do let the act of service wash away the sins of your past.' he said, softly as he thrust the bag of medicines towards her. She grabbed the bag, but remained on the fringes of the crowd, unsure if this was even real medicine. She cleared her throat a few times in attempt to gain her fellow Rune Knight's attention. 'Tsuru!' she finally hissed, as they got closer...

355/1000

Community Outreach [Quest | Akira] Signature6
#3Hatsuharu 

Community Outreach [Quest | Akira] Empty Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:29 am

Hatsuharu
Haru was happy helping and the never-ending crowd kept him busy. He noticed the Father had convinced his partner to help too and he was glad she didn’t refuse. After a few rounds, Haru couldn’t help but notice that he was seeing the same set of hands over and over for a while now. Surely, people who were truly sick and couldn’t afford medicine would not need more than one dosage to recover. The Rune Knight’s detective instincts were tickled.

He was looking around for Akira when he heard her hiss. He found her amongst the crowd and walked up to her, pulling her away from the crowd gently. “Great timing! I was looking for you. I think there are a few among the crowd who are actually not sick and just accumulating the medicine to sell it later. I’ll make them form a queue, you watch for these cheats,” he told her, before hurrying back to the Father. He held the Father’s hand and asked him to stop distributing the medicine. Turning towards the crowd, he spoke loudly, “Please! I must ask you all to form a queue to ensure there are no irregularities here.”

There were a lot of groans and moans, but the crowd realized they weren’t going to get any medicine if they didn’t follow his instructions. So, after a short hustle, the huge crowd formed something that resembled a queue but was thankfully better than what it was before. Haru nodded at Akira before he resumed handing out the medicines with the Father. He began to take a close look at every person he was handing out the medicine to, to ensure they were actually sick. While he hadn’t seen any repeaters so far, he was sure they will try again and was ready to catch them when they did.

615/1000

#4Akira Shimada 

Community Outreach [Quest | Akira] Empty Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 am

Akira Shimada
It was funny how Tsuru thought she had called him to hear his sermons. But he refused to be interrupted, choosing to warn her about those who were allegedly stealing medicines. It was also strange to see him assume such a skeptical goal. Maybe he was growing, after all. Momentarily, she forgot what she wanted to warn him about, instead, just to highlight his budding pessimism, she asked him to confirm his suspicions, with an alternative theory 'They could just have sicker relatives who couldn't show up here, y'know?' she argued, for the sake of it. But he was already gone, trying in vain to organize his distribution, Akira just sighed.

Suffering and pain, were always such amazing tools. It was so easy to manipulate people by dangling relief in front of them. But with one swift move, that pain and suffering could also be used to arouse frustrations, even rebellions and revolutions. Convince the ill people that no one cares for them and you could create and unstoppable mob, with nothing to lose. Or... be brutal enough to make them targets, weakness would mean an easy wipe...

Playing out all the scenarios, Akira refused to really give these pills to anyone, without being able to verify that they actually helped in any manner. Best case, they were placebos, which would be fine, since at least they wouldn't cause any damage. She hoped it was just that, the Father's desperate attempt to instill fate in the suffering people, but she still wouldn't partake in that. But there was a worst case scenario too, this could easily be a instrument to kill or further harm the suffering people... It was pitiful to see the way hands grabbed at her, while she pretended to hand out the pills.

She hissed at her teammate again. 'Tsuru! Do you even know what we are giving these poor people?' she added, this time.

673/1000

#5Hatsuharu 

Community Outreach [Quest | Akira] Empty Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 am

Hatsuharu
Haru thought about Akira’s theory for a moment as he walked away from her. She has got a point… But… I must be sure. Maybe he was over reacting, but his instinct told him to investigate thoroughly. He wouldn’t forgive anyone who was turning this noble man’s efforts into personal profits. He turned towards Akira and said, “Maybe! But let’s make sure.” Haru was not a pessimistic guy; he always believed the best in people. However, once he got suspicious, he wouldn’t stop until it was thoroughly investigated. He was extremely vigilant, examining every person he handed the medicine to. Maybe this warded off the cheaters; or maybe, there were never any cheaters and he was just imagining things. Nevertheless, he did not regret being thorough.

Among all the detective work, Akira raised a very valid question. “Well, I don’t know. But I’m guessing the Father is distributing it only after a doctor’s recommendation,” he whispered to Akira, making sure the priest couldn’t hear him. Despite his answer, Haru wasn’t so confident himself any more. He truly began to wonder if it was okay to just hand out the same medicine to every sick person. What if some of these people are sick with something else? While his pondering over that, he almost missed looking at the man in front of him. It was only after he handed the medicine to him absentmindedly, did he notice the wrist band he was wearing. He had seen it before, twice at least. Haru’s eyes snapped up and locked with the man in front of him, who seemed to be in a hurry to leave. “Excuse me, mister. Could you please wait just a moment,” he said. Hearing that, the man only hurried further, accelerating to a sprint. Haru, however, was fast on his feet. He leapt over the table of medicines and pulled the man back by his collar. Just as he thought, he was carrying way too many medicine packets than one could explain. Seeing this, another man from the queue began to bolt. “Akira! Catch him,” he said, turning towards his partner.

To ensure the culprit does not get away, Haru slapped his hands together and pointed one of his palm towards Akira, using his Limber spell. A thin yellow link formed between him and Akira, and it would boost her speed, helping her chase the thief down.

1013/1000

#6Akira Shimada 

Community Outreach [Quest | Akira] Empty Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:31 am

Akira Shimada
The girl was hoping to wind up their work here soon, she had no intentions of sticking around in the birth place of Fairy Tail. It was after all her goal to be here, till that man told her she wasn't worthy. The girl definitely held a grudge against to town, just for that. Being here, set her on an edge, more than most things did. Eager Tsuru wasn't helping as he flitted from person to person and she struggled to keep up, with the affected population slowing her down.

As he responded to her, it was comforting to know, that at least they were on the same page for once...She was sure there had to be a bone of doubt somewhere in that boy, Tsuru had to have something he was so eager to fight. Akira wasn't about to argue this too much, the girl definitely wanted to encourage such instincts in the boy, it'd serve the two of them better, should they continue being stuck at the hip.

But, through all this, she had her own skepticism to battle. It annoyed her, that he seemed to have such unwavering faith in the father... So she grumbled over the rising din, hoping he'd catch her words. 'Why? The suffering people can be cheats, but that man of religion can't? He could be running a much bigger scam.' The flicker of doubt was enough for her to attempt driving the point home. 'I mean, we don't even have any instructions... we're giving the same medicines to everyone, he surely hasn't diagnosed them or anything, right?' she urged him to see reason she added, consolingly patting the umpteenth hand that reached towards her, but not passing out any pills.

Just then, the last man Tsuru was dealing with, grabbed some magic pills from the boy and began bolting. The agitated crowd parted to give the frenzied man way. Nope, this guy wasn't  attracting more people here... If he sold this to people in town, they'd soon find out where he was getting them from, so for once, the to rookies actually collaborated... She made her way towards him, faster than he could get away. Clasping her hands together, she cast her damper spell... Instantly, the man's shadow wrapped itself around his limbs and he tripped up.

She hurried towards him and collected the pills he'd harvested. 'Not today.' she hissed at the man, before slinking back to Tsuru. 'Here. We need to get more information on these pills before giving them out like candy! Go talk to that dear Father of yours.' she exclaimed putting her foot down and shoving her own pills towards him. 'Find me when you're done, this place is giving me the creeps... Go now!'

1131/1000
~~Exit~~

#7Hatsuharu 

Community Outreach [Quest | Akira] Empty Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:10 am

Hatsuharu
It didn’t look like the Haru had to use his magic to give Akira more speed. She was fast enough irrespective, and the second thief was down on the ground in a moment. Haru cringed at the dark magic, but not so much as he did the first time he saw her use it. He picked up all the medicine from the guy he had caught and gave him just one before letting him go with a warning. “If I catch you doing something shady like this again, you will be behind bars,” he said, before pushing him away. The man whimpered and ran like he was being chased by a tsunami. By then, Akira was back with the medicine stolen by the second guy and Haru took all of it to the Father. He heard Akira’s concerns and agreed mostly. Even if the Father was genuinely concerned about the citizens and was trying to help, dishing out medicines without diagnosis was not advisable.

Handing the medicines to the Father, he voiced his concerns. “Father, I’m really grateful for what you are doing and I appreciate it very much. However, I do not think this is wise. Maybe not all of them have the same disease. We should have a doctor consulting by our side before we give out the medicine,” he said. The Father heard his concerns and responded calmly, “Do not worry yourself, my child. My divine wisdom allows me to identify the right patients among the wrong ones. I thank you for your service. You two have been in contact with the plagued citizens for too long. Please take these medicines for yourself. And as a thank you for catching the thieves, please accept this reward too,” he said, handing Haru some medicines and a sack of Jewels. In all the time they had been distributing medicines, Haru did not see the Father deny it to anyone for any cause. So, Haru couldn’t really put his faith on the priest’s ‘divine wisdom.’ Nevertheless, he did not wish to hurt the good man and bowed out instead. “It was our duty, Father. Please excuse us,” he said, hoping that he did not give the wrong medicine to someone.

1383/1000
-Exit-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum