Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Checkmate [Quest | Genjiro]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Genjiro Yamada 

Checkmate [Quest | Genjiro] Empty Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Genjiro Yamada
The old man known as Genjiro Yamada walked through the streets of Hargeon, his steps were slow and were not rushed, he had no need to hurry about. He was a patient individual who could wait days even weeks sometimes even months on end. Having grown up as a farmer and tilling the land taught him much about the passing of time and being patient as one waited for things to happen. His patience grew with old age. Tacking his time he would conserve his energy as he went at his own pace so not to exhaust his physical energy to quickly. As an old man he did whatever it took to conserve his strength taking it slow and steady. But when the time comes he could leap into action without any signs of hesitation using the stamina he had conserved in an instance. Until the time came he would reserve his strength building up his stamina as he hobbled along using his walking stick to support his six foot two frame.

Genjiro hobbled along making his way towards the quest board in the middle of Hargeon. THe old man was thinking of passing the time by taking up a quest. With his current rank he was only able to undertake D rank quests, but if he worked hard at it and reached C rank he could start taking C ranks which meant an increase in job difficulty but it also meant an increase in rewards. The old man pushed the thought of money aside, no need to allow money to get the better of him, it had done so once many years ago but Genjiro was a better man now. He would not allow greed to overcome him like it had in his youth. The thought of the sins he committed gave the old fire mage nightmares but he could live with it. He had done so for over forty years now.

Genjiro came to a halt after finally arriving at the Quest Board one-half had bad quests the other half good quests, bad on the right while good was on the left. Genjiro walked over to the left side and began to inspect the quests stationed there attempting to find a quest take. The old man used his right hand to stroke his long beard, his wrinkled fingers smoothed the beard out as he eventually found the quest he wanted to take. The client was a young lad who was an apparently some chess prodigy. Using his left hand he snatched the quest while he continued to stroke his bead. He examined the quest, apparently, the child wanted to place a game of chess, but not just any chess game one that involved money. The wise old man chuckled as he rolled the quest up and slid it into his left sleeve. Turning on the heels of his waraji he walked off in the direction of the location he was to meet the young Bart Decker at. Genjiro was rather curious to see just how skilled a chess genius was.

WC: 512

#2Genjiro Yamada 

Checkmate [Quest | Genjiro] Empty Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:50 pm

Genjiro Yamada
Genjiro made his way in the direction of the Hargeon City Park to meet up with Bart Decker. His haori flapped as a gentle wind blew on by. The old man's beard was caught in the breeze and flew over his shoulder, but with the act of a hand he repositioned it back in front allowing it to settle in the middle of his body. The old man stroked his long mustache tails as he walked towards the park at his own pace. He was not in any rush to get the job done, surely the child genius could wait especially when he realised Genjiro was just an old man.

Genjiro made his way through the streets eventually arriving at the park, where he spotted a lone boy sitting at a chess table on his own. The fire mage approached and sat opposite the boy taking the black pieces. The boy looked up at the old man with a raised eyebrow but didn't say a word as he moved the first piece forward. Genjiro stroked his beard with his right hand and moved his own piece to begin the game. With that the game began as the two took turns back and forth to move their pieces across the board.

Half way into the game, everything was progressing along nicely, neither side had the advantage as each had to take the time to think over each move. Genjiro wasn't a genius when it came to chess but he had played it a number of times over the years gaining experience. His eyes were shut as he stroked his beard with his left hand, using his right to move the pieces. "Your surprisingly good old man." Suddenly said Bart as he rubbed his chin in thought. Genjiro merely smiled at the boy in return.

Again the game progressed but as it did the bart began to speak, "I've been looking for someone to play against in a relaxed game. There's just been to much pressure from home to be as good as my brothers and win every chess game I play. It's like if I lose I won't be as good as my siblings in my parents or the worlds eyes. I can't even play a game for fun without it being blown over the top. I've had to sneak out of the house lately just to visit the park to play against normal people." Prattled off the boy as he made his move.

"Perhaps you should not worry about your parents expectations and play for yourself" commented Genjiro as he moved a bishop into place, "Check." The old man stroked his chin as he checked Bart's king. The young lad eyed the board and moved his king behind a pawn. Genjiro stroked his beard and began moving another piece into place. Bart moved again aligning his pieces with Genjiro's king, "Checkmate."

Genjiro hummed as he stroked his beard and sat back. "Good game youngster." Bart nodded his head and got up sliding a few jewels towards Genjiro, "Thank you for listening." Bart bowed to Genjiro thanking him for lending an ear. The old man nodded his head and looked back at the board, "Another game?" Bart smiled and the two went back to the game starting all over, playing well into the night.

WC: 553
TWC: 1065 / 1000

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum