Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round Up Recruits [Solo, Mission]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tori Lancaster 

Round Up Recruits [Solo, Mission] Empty Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:17 am

Tori Lancaster
The sun was barely rising over the city of Magnolia as Tori Lancaster, the Ice Dragon Slayer of the Fairy Tail guild walked the town streets. The hustle and bustle of the day was just beginning as citizens started to leave their homes. Some would be going to work while some would be out to run errands, and the blonde mage was one of the former. Rent was coming due and the woman was slightly short and needed to make some quick money by next week, or she would have some explaining to do to her landlord who didn't appreciate tardiness when it came to his tenants paying their rent. She walked around the town, looking for anyone who needed help with anything. She was in desperate need of work at the moment, and would do almost anything to earn some money. She can't believe her depression had gotten this bad lately. The last month was truly a challenging one, but Tori was glad that for the certain people that entered her life. Eva, who had taken her shopping a few days prior showed her what it was like to have fun again. Alice had shown her that her life was nowhere near as bad as it could have been. Although they probably didn't intend to have treated any kind of deep seated issues going on in the blonde's life, that's exactly what they did and Tori would be eternally grateful for that fact.

She continued to walk around, visiting every shop to see if they needed any errands run for them. Tori's time back in Magnolia told her that was the quickest way to make some quick money. It wouldn't be anything like the pay a mage would get from fighting monsters, but she would earn quick money in a fraction of the time, and if she played her cards right then she would be able to earn more money in less time by doing some chores for a few people rather than going off somewhere to defeat some creature. To her despair, every single shop was up to date on all their errands, as well as all the people that were already there and overheard her asking the shop owners. Tori could not believe it. No one needed anything in the whole town? That's unheard of. Someone always will need help with something. She sat on a sidewalk bench nearby, simply gazing at the streets and crowds, trying to find anyone who looked worried or rushed. It was then she saw an armored man, someone belonging the Magnolia city guards. That might be an idea. She hadn't spoken to anyone with them as the Magnolia city guards weren't normally patrolling during the day. Usually the city guards only patrolled at night, looking for thieves or the like, but ever since the Index incident in Era, something would cause the Rune Knights to expand on the city guard, possibly fearing something like it happening in the nearby town. She ran up to the man, causing him to stop and turn to face her. He asked how he could help, to which Tori responded if he or the guard needed help with anything around town today.

"Well, fearing the Era incident repeating itself in other places, the Rune Knights have ordered that the individual city guards expand so we can hold off any threats until help arrives. To this end, I have assigned the duty of patrolling the town and recruiting for the guard to someone every day in order to reach our desired numbers. By my last count, we need ten more people in order to meet that quota, which we could do today, but the man who was supposed to recruit today as taken ill and is bedridden. I would rather not have him infect potential new recruits. Would you be willing to fill in for him?" he explained before extending the offer to the blonde woman. Tori's eyes lit up as the explanation was given. She was just happy that she would be able to pay her rent. "Of course I'll do it! Anything to help the city of Magnolia! I would even willing to join the guard part time if my guild allowed it. I just always assumed that the Rune Knights appointed people to serve as city guards. What do I have to do?" she responded enthusiastically.

"All you have to do is patrol the park and ask anyone you see if they'd like to make a difference by joining the guard. They pay is not the highest, considering that the guard treasury pays a good portion of your rent and utilities in exchange for the sometimes long hours, and it's not often that something happens, so it can get boring sometimes. Everyone will be trained in the art of combat and interrogation. That's really all there is about the city guard. Think you can recruit some people?" he asked curiously, wanting to know if this inquiring young female could handle what was being asked of her. She nodded confidently and replied with fervor. "I got this. I recruit people to Fairy Tail all the time, so I'll definitely help on one condition. While I'm recruiting for you, would it be possible to see if I would be allowed to join the guard part time? I know it's a random question and it's asking a lot, but my responsibilities with Fairy Tail would come first. We help you defend Magnolia too, after all." She scratched his chin as he thought about her request. It didn't seem impossible, but he would have to check with his superiors. He was the highest ranking member in the Magnolia guard as a Captain, but he still had his bosses as well. "I'll see what I can do.." he trailed off as he remembered that introductions were not made. "I'm sorry, where are my manners. I'm Captain Devon, and you are?" she said as he extended his hand formally. Tori took his hand in her own and shook it vigorously. "Tori Lancaster of Fairy Tail, sir. It's an honor." He smiled noticeably, even under his helmet his mouth was visible while the rest of his face remained hidden. "Alright, Tori. Meet me at South Gate Park in 20 minutes and I'll have some things for you to help you recruit." She nodded in compliance and the two parted ways for the time being as she headed to the park and the guardsman went to his office in the barracks to fetch something for her.

A short time later, the blonde was at the park and it appeared that the captain had not arrived yet. Figuring she might as well get started, the girl looked around for her first potential recruit. Quickly she noticed a group of young men, probably 18 or 19 years old. The four of them were wearing semi casual clothing and appeared to look slightly worried. Deciding they were her first ones, she approached them without a single hint of hesitation in her step. "Hello, gentlemen. May I ask what's got you all looking so worried?" she asked, hoping to gain some insight that would possible help her with her overall goal. As they spoke, Tori learned the four of them were brothers and were out looking for jobs. Apparently their mother is in poor health and their father recently passed away. "I'm sorry to hear all that. But wouldn't it make your mother happy and your father proud if you joined the city guard and made a difference? The pay is well enough to take care of all the the expenses that you need taken care of right now, plus it will give you the opportunity to put money back as well and save up to start your own families one day." The boys scratched their chins as they thought about Tori's words. They had never considered joining any kind of military before, but maybe this woman was right. Maybe this was the godsend they were looking for in these trying times. After a moment they all nodded and agreed to accept Tori's offer. Maybe now they would be able to put financial troubles behind them.

A short time later, Captain Devon was approaching the park and was already impressed Tori was talking to people. "Well, I see you aren't wasting any time." he said holding out a bundle of flyers. "Thank you, Captain Devon. And if you would like, I have four recruits right here that can accompany you back to the barracks for orientation." His mouth fell open slightly, shocked that she filled almost half her quota in just the time it took for him to get to the park in the first place. Oh, this girl was good. He nodded before turning his attention to his new recruits. "Alright, gentlemen. Follow me and I'll get your paperwork started." he said simply before turning his attention back to Tori. "At sunset, I'll meet you back here. Throughout the day, document the citizens you speak to and hand out these flyers to everyone that you can. I'll collect everything when I return and we can do follow up visits with them more personally. Anyone who wants to start right away can come straight to the barracks and tell me you sent them." he explained before turning away and leaving the scene. The four brothers followed him after thanking Tori and the captain for this opportunity.

As they left, Tori started walking up to everyone in sight that wasn't extremely young or elderly, but anyone young adult to middle age was perfect. She didn't know if it was her stunning personality or good looks, but soon several people came to talk to Tori and find out what was going on. The woman stated to everyone that the city guard was looking for anyone willing to make a difference. Some people would find themselves to be more talkative and Tori took that as an opportunity to make the job especially appealing to those. One man said that he enjoyed his time relaxing with a cold beer and fine cigar, to which Tori replied that the pay along with the guard paying his bills would result in the finest cigars. A few people exclaimed interest to save up money in order to move out of Magnolia, each for their own different reasons. Tori documented all these people as she spoke to them, and every person that approached her got a flyer.

Around sunset, Tori had run out of flyers, and the list that Captain Devon had asked her to make was nearly full. The armored man approached the park. Meeting him halfway, Tori walked up to him with every bit of the confidence she had showed earlier that morning, much to his surprise. "Well, Tori. How did you do?" he said laughingly, hoping to be met with good news. Tori handed him the ledger she had made, much to his surprise with it being as full as it was. "Good lord it's almost full! What about the flyers?" he asked curiously. "I ran out about two hours ago, so I had to make due." The man was in shock at her confidence and her skill at recruitment. He almost wondered if she told them that they would get a free horse each or something extravagant of that nature. Shaking his head, he decided it didn't matter. He asked for recruits and now he had them. "Well, Tori. You held up your end of the bargain, and I held up mine. I spoke to my superiors, and while I unfortunately am unable to bring you into the guard as a part time recruit, I am able to make you an honorary Magnolia city guard. You can come and go as you please, but we won't be able to pay you nearly what we would our actual recruits. I hope that makes sense." he explained before extending his hand to shake the woman's once again. "In any case, I thank you Tori of Fairy Tail. You did good." he said simply before handing Tori her reward for a job well done and being on his way.

-exit-

2036/2000

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum