Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Till the Dirt [Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tori Lancaster 

Till the Dirt [Solo] Empty Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 am

Tori Lancaster
Late in the day, the sun was dropping losing some of its intensity as Tori continued wandering through town looking for work. Having taken out a loan from some seedy looking characters, she was running out of time to pay it back and she had heard some rumors about this organization in that they really weren't playing around when it came to settling debts owed to them. It wasn't long before she was approached by someone who said that Farmer Jim was looking for her for some help. She wondered what it could have been, but she didn't ask too many questions, figuring that the old man would fill her in upon her arrival back at his cabbage farm.

It didn't take very long before the Fairy Tail mage found herself at the door to Jim's farmhouse. After knocking a few times, he answered just as kindly as when she met him that morning. "Well, howdy there, Tori! Long time no see!" he joked, laughing slightly. I'm sorry to call you back out here like this, but I need another hand. If'n ya look over yonder, you'll notice that all the cabbage has been harvested. After you left this afternoon, I got my grandson to gimme a hand with the rest of it. That pretty well wore me out like an old towel." he explained, stretching as he spoke. The day hadn't been kind to him with all the work he had to do. Although, Tori didn't quite understand his reference, she never lost the smile or showed her confusion. "Well, Jim, I did say to let me know if you needed anything else so it's not a problem at all. What else did ya need a hand with?" she asked enthusiastically, not wanting to miss a minute. She felt at home on a farm, oddly enough. "Well, I wasn't gonna get to it 'til mornin' but this was the last harvest of the season. So I was gonna till up the ground a bit. I went to go prep up the tractor and everything, but wouldn't ya know it, the dern thing's busted. I won't be able to get it fixed for a few days, but was hopin' you could take care of it before you left town. I'll pay ya as much as I did this morning. What do ya say?" he questioned, hoping the blonde would help an old man out.

"Why, Jim, that ain't a problem at all. Just tell me what fields need tilling and I got it handled." she answered, removing her jacket as before. Putting her backpack on and securing it tightly, he followed him as he showed her what fields needed tilling. Other than the ones she did while she was picking the cabbages before, the rest of that section, as well as three others needed tilling up. They were still fairly neat as whoever did the rest of the field must had done it by hand. Tori was quite impressed they finished up the fields so quickly having done it all in one day. A vast majority of the cabbages sat stacked in the bed of his truck, more than likely all to be delivered in the morning to all the vendors that were waiting on the vegetables. Channeling the magic from her book, Tori embraced her magical ability and dove to the ground to form her drill. This tilled the ground quite well as she dove in and out of the ground like a dolphin in water. Finishing the one section of the field, and using 10 drills to do it, she came to the conclusion that it just wouldn't work. She had already burned through half her magic and was only a quarter of the way done. She stood there for a minute, trying to think of a better way to do this, when it hit her. Using her ice sword spell for each arm, Tori brandished a long blade of ice from each hand before moving to the next section. She dug them into the ground and started running forward, tilling the ground with the swords as she did so. It seemed to work easy enough, so she kept it up with as much gusto as she could muster.

In what seemed like no time, she had three of the four section cleared. Just one more to go, but she needed a minute to rest and something to drink would certainly help. Almost as if he was psychic, Farmer Jim showed up a moment later with a glass of ice cold lemonade. She knew it wasn't, but she could almost swear it was glowing as if it was a gift from the heavens themselves. "Oh my goodness, thank you Jim. I was just about to ask if you could spare a cold drink." she said enthusiastically before tipping the container to drink its contents. She chugged half the glass before expressing how it really hit the spot. She almost lost her breath for a moment when she started cough from some of the lemonade going down the wrong pipe. "Take it easy there, young lady. It ain't goin' nowhere." he laughed, taking the glass back from her when she had finished. "You just take your time, ya hear? I'd hate to be the one to have to tell Fairy Tail that their wizard done keeled over on me." he added, giggling even more as he made his way back to the farmhouse. Meanwhile, Tori felt a rush of energy, almost like that drink had some kind of magical healing qualities. Tori felt herself chuckle as she the thought came and went before re-casting her swords to finish up her work. In no time at all, the field was finished and she went back up to the farmhouse to let the old man know. She joined him on the porch for another glass of lemonade as the two recalled tales of being on the farm before she went on her way, wishing the old man the best.

1008/1000

200/550:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum