Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Astera to Era (Foot Travel, Kaiser)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Guest 

Astera to Era (Foot Travel, Kaiser) Empty Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:22 am

Zane was still in a bit of shock when he got the letter. After all, but not a day before he woke up looking older than the last by a wide margin. He figured this was some side process of the human curse that was put on him, as though the aging he skipped as an elf was coming back with a vengeance. Still, Zane wasn't one not to open a letter from a girl, and was asked to meet at the road out of town the next morning.

Zane tried his best to look like he did when he first met Kaiser to limited success. If she really wasn't able to find him, he was sure that he would be able to find her. Besides, not a lot of people wore red in Fiore, and being in red was apparently part of the nickname random people started to call him.

Sitting on a bench just outside the road leading towards Era, Zane looked around just in case Kaiser had already got there. Personally he thought she was pretty easy to spot, even moreso by some of her mannerisms from the last time they met. For now, the waiting game was the only one Zane was allowed to play.

211/600

#2Kaiser 

Astera to Era (Foot Travel, Kaiser) Empty Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:47 am

Kaiser

After everything that had happened so far in Astera, there was only one thing that she wanted to do, and that was to leave this shithole of a town. A few days ago, the starlight witch wrote a brief letter to Zane, and sent it to the hotel she was staying in. She described all the crazy situations she got herself into, and how she and a guy called Kon defeated a gigantic beast way outside of Astera in the pouring rain, and sold its tooth to some merchant who was obsessed with collecting body parts of monsters. Not to forget how she went to train her magic one morning on the cliffs and fell into a room filled with sand. Reading her own letter after writing it made her wonder whether Zane will believe it all because everything sounded too crazy to be real.

The letter included a date and time for them to meet, on a road that they would have to use to walk to Era. Since she was going to have company, Kaiser decided that it was not such a bad idea to do some walking for health purposes of course. Though she was not unfit or anything, she had been hiring magicars to go from place to place most of the time and the result of that was a backache that lasted for about a week because the roads were not as smooth as other towns. They needed to work on that. She knew Astera was not this crowded before. There were a bunch of otherworldly things going on too but Kaiser paid a blind eye to it. In her opinion, it was not her business as a human. She arrived at the road exactly on time and saw Zane there sitting on a bench. She walked over to him and gestured for him to get up. “Let’s go, Zane. I don’t want to arrive in Era at midnight,” she said.

﹙326 / 600﹚

Astera to Era (Foot Travel, Kaiser) Sigbys10

m a t r i a r c h y
#3Guest 

Astera to Era (Foot Travel, Kaiser) Empty Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:12 am

Luckily, Kaiser was able to recognize Zane, and thus he got up and hit the road with her. The letter she sent was full of things that most people would think to be weird, but in all honesty it wasn't nearly as weird as a lot of stuff Zane had been through. "I read your letter, by the way. Seems your trip to Astera was a lot better than mine, huh?" he noted, walking down the path. The trip to Era was not an easy one, and Zane knew that he would probably have to walk the whole way without many breaks. After all, from what he could tell, Kaiser was very intent on getting there before the day's end. They'd probably have to rent a hotel room or two once they were there. Zane wondered if Era would even have any vacancy, given many people went there on Rune Knight related business.

The two made their way over many hills, luckily not having to go over any major mountains. The trail was for the most part pretty pleasant, and the two seemed to be about halfway to Era by now. Wondering if Kaiser was hungry and knowing he himself was up for a little snack, Zane decided to pick some berries on the path they walked. After gathering a few, Zane tasted one in his mouth to identify what it was. "It seems like Saskatoon berries grow out here." he noted. Saskatoon berries were rare to come by, especially in Fiore. "These don't grow in Fiore... someone must have imported seeds and placed them here." Saskatoon berries, for the most part, could be described as a blueberry combined with an almond-like taste. Holding out a few to Kaiser, he offered for her to grab some. "Here, take some if you want."

513/600

#4Kaiser 

Astera to Era (Foot Travel, Kaiser) Empty Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:09 am

Kaiser

After taking a closer look at his face, Kaiser noticed that he looked a bit different than he did before. Was it the hair? If she wasn’t mistaken, she remembered that Zane looked younger? “What happened to your face?” she asked. She couldn’t help it, the curiosity was killing her. She didn’t mean to be rude, though. She was just straightforward like that, so hopefully Zane was not offended or something. Speaking of her trip to Astera, she laughed. “I don’t know Zane, I just want to leave,” she said, shaking her head. They began their journey as the sun rose. Kaiser had applied some sunblock lotion before leaving her hotel, so she wasn’t worried about the sun. Though she wondered if Zane had prepared for that. “Here’s some sunblock lotion if you didn’t bring it,” she said, tossing the bottle towards him.

Their walk to Era covered some hills, which made it like a hiking trip. Even though today was the only day in about two weeks that she was actually sweating, Kaiser already felt like a fitness champion. Once they had covered half the journey, they started to feel hungry, naturally. Kaiser didn’t want to be the person who disrupted the trip by asking to stop for food, so only when she noticed Zane picking some berries with a weird name she forgot the moment she heard it, Kaiser brought out the lunch for two that she had packed in case they got hungry—like now. Walking up to him, she nodded at what he said about the berries. “Oh, I see. You must be stealing from someone’s plantation then. Here, eat the food that I packed for us,” she told him as she offered him the food. Kaiser wasn’t very fond of the idea of sitting on dirt, but she had no choice. Of course they could still walk a few more miles to reach a place where they could buy something to eat at a convenience store, but their hunger could not wait that long.

Their food break finally came to an end and in a few hours, they had already reached Era. It was already nightfall, and the streetlamps were already lit. Now all they had to do was look for a place to stay for the time being. “Come on, Zane, let’s find a hotel,” she said.

﹙718 / 600﹚

m a t r i a r c h y
#5Guest 

Astera to Era (Foot Travel, Kaiser) Empty Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Zane decided not to answer anything about his face, staying silent on the matter. Perhaps he would tell her properly once he got to Era. He also didn't take the sunblock either. Perhaps it was just some of his past nature showing through as when he was an elf he never really bothered with anything like that due to the race having such a strong connection to the outdoors anyways. One day he'd probably end up with tons of burns and learn the hard way, though.

Zane's attempt at giving Kaiser berries didn't quite go to well, as she noted that he most likely stealing from a plantation. Zane noticed that too might of just been a bad habit that he never got rid of and sighed, eating the lunch Kaiser packed for him. "Thank you for bringing lunch."  he said at the very least, appreciation in his voice as he himself forgot to pack one.

Finally at Era, Zane breathed in the air. Soon noticing that Era air wasn't that great and he never really liked Era in the first place, he tried his best to instead focus on finding a hotel. Thankfully one was not too far off - it was one of a decent quality, not too good but not bad either. "Hey, do you happen to have 2 one bed rooms?" Zane asked at the counter, for the man to check his book. Thankfully he did, and by chance they were right beside each other.

Handing a key to Kaiser, Zane put his in his pocket. Their room was on the second floor. "Don't worry, you don't have to pay me back for that, the hotel isn't too expensive anyways." Looking towards the stairs, Zane decided that he wanted to rest now. "And uh, I'll tell you why my face looks different tomorrow. Goodnight!" And so he departed for his room.

831/600

EXIT

#6Kaiser 

Astera to Era (Foot Travel, Kaiser) Empty Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Kaiser

Kaiser was aware that Zane completely ignored her question, making her even more curious about it. But she didn’t want to appear too inquisitive, so she refrained from asking further. He would talk about it if he felt comfortable about it, she thought. “Oh, you’re welcome,” she said when Zane thanked her for packing lunch. She didn’t really think of it as something she did for him, but more like something she did to save time and energy. She knew they were going to get hungry at some point and didn’t want that to hinder their trip. By packing lunch for the both of them, they won’t have to go through the trouble of looking for food like how Zane did and ended up stealing someone’s berries.

Upon arriving in Era, they both went hotel hunting and finally came to one that seemed pretty decent. Zane was the one who chose it, and even though it wasn’t really her style, she didn’t have much energy to argue or look for a better place. She let Zane do most of the talking, who got them both a single bedroom each. She wasn’t aware that Zane had already paid for the rooms until he mentioned it. “Thanks for that,” she said. The hotel rooms were indeed not so expensive, so she didn’t mind that Zane paid for her. She would probably treat him lunch or something later to make up for it. Since they got rooms next to each other, if they needed anything they could just knock or bang the wall from the other side. “Good night, Zane. I’ll see you early in the morning!” she said and walked into her room, locking it and diving straight into the soft, comfy bed.

﹙1,009 / 600﹚

E X I T

m a t r i a r c h y

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum