Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 621 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“Calling me out to the riverbank as the sun drifts down to the horizon, I half expected to find you carrying a lute and a bouquet of flowers, Dacal~” The words of the Valerican Vixen rife with mischief as she called out to a man as moved toward the great river that flowed through Orchidia, as Sofia Serena laid eyes on the fellow she had arranged to meet with and beamed at him, Sofia couldn’t help but want to make the mood light when she saw what recent events had done to the usually upbeat town guide. Standing rather stiffly with his arms folded and not a hint of that welcoming smile on his face as the sapphire siren slipped away from the beaten track to the spot they had arranged to meet, the usually scruffy but customarily relaxed Dacol Lubex looked tense and a little bit stern with the concern that he felt, which was something of a contrast to the casual attitude shown by his partner for the night.

“And me, finding myself an unmarried woman slipping away to share the company of a different man each night… I wonder what such a rumour will do to my reputation~?” Possessing a strong preference to keep things as playful as she could and perhaps also reacting to the awkwardness of her partner by doing what she could to try and lift his spirits, Sofia slipped through the grass and shook her cyan locks softly, giggling and licking her lips as she laid out even more sauciness in her attempt to help inspire a smile in Mr Lubex. Not quite succeeding of course, though whether it was because of her choice of humour anyone’s guess, while the bearing of the blue beauty seemed relaxed, her garb hinted that she was more serious than the candour she showed might have implied.

“Heh, it’s a relief to know that last night hasn’t dampened your spirits, Miss Serena…”

Absent the usual flowing dress and feminine flair which she usually liked to flourish in as she was greeted by her client and companion for the evening, while smiling at her ‘date’ the foreign fox showed that had disregarded some of her usual feminine flair in favour of functionality as she wore a puffy coat loose enough to allow plenty of movement while protecting her body from the coolness of a late winter evening, along with a skinny pair of jeans and tan boots that were one of the more sensible options in terms of heel height. Ensemble completed with the addition of a nice wool cap which sat atop her head with a furry little bobble, while there was still plenty of charm in the design of her dressing, it was clear she was not looking to impress the man she met. Or at least, Miss Serena didn’t want to flaunt the gifts that lay her garb as much as she usually tended to.

“Of course not~ It was a surprise, to be sure, but one that I’m eager to get to the bottom of…” Dacol more the type of man she’d rather spend a night sharing drinks and funny stories with than saliva and spiciness, she felt more relaxed about this man as she flaunted her bold curiosity as the reason for her arrival here.
“Speaking of, shall we get to it~? We’re burning moonlight, after all…” This not the whole truth really but the concern that she felt something that seemed like a detail that wasn’t worth sharing when her partner seemed so preoccupied, even then the briskness of the beauty did hint at the worry she felt, with Sofia wanting to get this issue settled before anyone else was hurt by it…

Stir Up Some Excitement

"Make every day its own adventure~"
- Sofia Serena

credit to nat of adoxography.

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] SofiaSerana

#2Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 631 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“I have to say, despite what happened to him, I had half-expected to see our hard-boiled detective trying to come along with us~?” Casting a glance to her side as she strolled along the riverbank next to her stiff partner and attempted to coax him into a little bit of small talk as the sky darkened above them, with her concern mixing with curiosity, Miss Serena opted to break the quiet and hopefully some of the tension with a little conversation. The heavy atmosphere not exactly unbearable but also something that would certainly leave them both on edge as they moved along, while the duo certainly needed their wits about them as they went about their business in the dark, the foreign fox had always found it better to keep things a little loose when confronting an unknown.

“After all, it seems to be an unusual thing for him to be proven right, and I got the impression that he tends to be the sort who clings to an idea like a goat to a wash cloth?”  Wishing to cut through that atmosphere of awkwardness that clung to Dacol as she continued, Sofia also found that it also felt something of a shame to see the usually approachable and affable Mr Lubex seeming so aloof, and wished to rectify that a bit. Understanding that unease for certain but at the same time the sort that didn’t like to let herself be dominated and bound by anything, though they might have been walking into danger the Valerican Vixen knew it would do the pair no good to be conquered by mere possibility, and they should save their energy for dealing whatever problem they might run into later on.

“Ah well, he did want to come, but…
Well, with what happened last time, I had a word with the doc and got him kept in for another night for ‘observation’?
Hopefully that will keep him out of harm’s way for a little while, at least?”

The response of Mr Lubex slow and somewhat subdued at first as he pulled his mind away from the worries that seemed to be blighting him, but a little more light seeming to shine from his soul when given the chance, though much of that tenseness remained about the man next to her, Miss Serena was glad to at least give him something other than his concerns to focus on.
“Oh definitely, even if he wasn’t with us, I’d probably expect he’ll be jumping over fences and bolting down back alleys on the tail of his next big success…” Leading the guide’s mind away from the fragile path that it seemed to have ended up on and trying to take it toward something lighter and easier, while Dex Miller was perhaps a bit of an easy target for anyone to poke fun at, in the moment his proximity to their circumstance was something that seemed invaluable in the moment.

“Besides, you never know… The doctors might just manage to figure out what’s wrong with him while he’s there, right~?” Smirking as she looked toward the worried expression of Dacol and hoping that her teasing was at least giving him a distraction from the dismay that he struggled to contain, though Sofia hadn’t spent a whole lot of time with the man in question, she did at least feel from her experience and the stories that she heard that she had a good gauge of his character. Certainly one of the good ones given how he had acted in her defence last time she had been by the river and that maybe making her words seem a little mean, Dex was certainly something of an oddball but in his way was also what gave Orchidia its own unique flavour…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#3Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 545 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“I think we’re getting close to where Dex and I found that orb, Dacol…” Not entirely sure just how much she had really managed to lighten the mood with her playful commentary but unfortunately the time she had to do so quickly evaporating, Miss Serena raised her voice in a hushed fashion to slow her partner down, her body sagging into a lowered stance of stealth as she did so. The vixen from Valerica not accustomed enough to really recognise many of the sights of the riverbank with a terrible degree of familiarity, particularly so when it was dark, all the same there was something that clued her in that she was getting close to the target this twosome sought.

There’s something… Unusual. Feels off around here… A shiver along the girl’s spine despite the warm clothes that she wore whilst the hairs on the back of her neck began to stand on end, perhaps her experience with the entity helped her to perceive it or maybe it was some form of magic sense within Sofia that reacted, but she definitely felt a part of her react to something around her. Skin tingling like it was being prickled by the cold and her body feeling the way it did when she channelled mana through it, while it was subtle any decent mage with their eye on the ball so to speak would have noticed the tiny tingle that swept through them, the experience feeling somewhat similar to a rush of adrenaline in exciting or dreadful moments. For her part, the blue beauty hoped it was more the former than the latter.

“So, you think it’s around here?”

Dacol sticking close to her and for once the mischievous mage having to concede this fact was more about danger than allure, Miss Serena met his whispered question with a slow nod before letting her azure irises wash over what surrounded them, scanning the scene for a sign of that glowing blue light as she crept through overgrown grass and moved between trees and shrubs to try and preserve the element of surprise.
“Yes, well… There’s definitely something here? I can feel it…” Perhaps a little too distracted by the ongoing monologue and odd behaviour exhibited by Dex Miller the night before to pick up on the warning sign that now seemed so obvious to her, as her senses were bristled by whatever unknown force that the duo searched for, the magical minx let her hand wash over the area in front of her in the hopes of finding a clue as to which direction to move.

Where are you…? The brow of the blue beauty tightening as she tried to focus herself as she used a limb like a dousing rod, while she wasn’t really much of a sensory type, she hoped that she might be able to make up for that with the right amount of concentration and an ample dose of luck. Hoping that if she moved her hand in a particular direction and felt her skin squirming that tiny bit more because of it, with one arm out in front of her and her peepers peeled for that glowing blue tone, Sofia moved forward whilst beckoning her buddy to follow with her other hand…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#4Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 623 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“That’s…” The trial and error method that Miss Serena had chosen tricky to work out but eventually seeming to reach some form of reward, as she weaved between trees the teen spotted a sign that made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end.
“We’re close, be careful, Dacol…” Finding that something bright and blue was breaking through the darkness of the night and dying the scenery in that eerie azure tone, though she had earlier been trying to lighten the mood of the man next to her the memory of the night before seemed to provoke an unusual sobriety from the sapphire siren, with the woman whispering a warning to her companion as she stalked her way through the grass and closed in on her target cautiously.

I have to be more careful, Dex got injured because I was too impulsive last night… Seized by a silent sense of guilt for what had occurred with the odd young man the night before and her own role in it, as Sofia moved along in a half-crouching position and peered around the tree’s to see if she could see the source of the growing flow, her brow furrowed as the memories of her last experience with this oddity.
I think we startled it, but I don’t want to take that chance again… Drawn to the light the evening before because of the beauty and mystery about it, the Valerican vixen had found herself triggering some kind of attack by accident, and even though she still didn’t believe the entity was wholly harmless she also did not trust it either. Being a little foolhardy the night before and Mr Miller paying the price for that, she now felt tense at the prospect of meeting this apparition again and unsure of what to expect from it, but as the eyes of the enchantress fell on her target she still found herself surprised despite her experience.

It’s different…? That same blue light shining from something on the riverbank but this time the figure from which it was born far more distinct and defined, unlike the night before when the shape had been a vague mass of energy that swirled and whirled around like water, today the oddity seemed rather different. It looked almost human, in fact.

“Is that it? I thought you said it was round?”

Dacol whispering to Sofia with a sense of confusion that Miss Serena could well understand given the report she had given him, as the two looked from behind the cover of a nice thick tree trunk, they both could make out something that would probably be considered as lovely to look at as it was haunting.
Wait, I’ve seen that before… No longer a ball but having a body with arms and legs and a head, a shape with long hair that flowed behind it and the slim features of a woman drifted up and down the river, and reminded the mermaid of a repressed image from the night before.

It’s the girl from last night, after I… Finding that the pain and panic of her experience had left her recollection somewhat hazy, while Sofia could recall coming to the spot and spying the blue ball, what she seemed to struggle with was what had occurred between that time and waking with an unconscious Dex Miller on top of her. The pain she had felt when the apparition attacked them something she recalled all too well but the dream that it had inspired in the seconds before that seeming to have drifted from her focus, now as the young woman stared at a beautiful shape that was hovering above the ground, it all came flooding back to her…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#5Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 589 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“It was here… Well, kind of…” Dacol clearly seeming to become more and more confused as the memories ran through the mind of Miss Serena, as the young woman tried to process and project the memories that had been made that bit clearer to her she frowned, finding that her experience was somewhat difficult to describe to anyone who hadn’t seen it themselves. The task of the teenage temptress feeling like defining a new colour or shape to someone that had never seen it before, the girl wrinkled her nose as she tried to think of the best words she could in order to help her companion understand, but knew that he probably wouldn’t without going through the same thing himself.

“When I got close to the ball, she appeared, or rather I appeared to her?” Certainly lured by the ball and then finding that everything, the river and the bank and even Dex had been blanked out, all that the young investigator remembered seeing was a bright colour like what was being given off now, but so much more intense. Seeming to be pulled into a realm that was filled with energy and blueness that surrounded her like the sky, the foreign fox remembered seeing a person, or rather an entity just like the one she laid her eyes on there now. A woman appearing to her that was made of blue energy and full of beauty, in the brief moments she had managed to take in the strange shape Sofia had recalled being moved by the loveliness and sense of gentleness that the figure had given off, oddly being reminded of her mother despite the fact that this spectre did not resemble her in any conventional sense.

“I know, it doesn’t make much sense, I suppose I had a vision or something of her?” The explanation that she could offer up seeming to only confuse her companion even more, however, there wasn’t really all that much that one could do to really transmit the information any better. Perhaps a fellow mage might have managed to have a better understanding of a mystical than your ordinary citizen, the experience was new to Sofia and she did not have much in the way of rationalization in regard to it in order to break it down, more just her thoughts, feelings and what she could assume.

“Before we got attacked, at least?” Rocking her shoulders toward Dacol as she knew she was not offering him much in the way of coherency, it was odd but even as she confessed the fact that the incident with the woman had led to the unsavoury outcome, there was something about the memory that seemed to make Miss Serena doubt that the intention of this phantom was to do her or anyone else harm.
“I don’t know if she is the same thing, but she certainly had something to do with it…” Perhaps comforted by the way that she had seen something of her mother in the creature she spied on and that colouring her judgement a little, up until the point that Dex had seemingly tried to intervene everything had seemed to be absent of hostility, making the sapphire siren doubt the malevolency of the creature she saw. However, even as she crouched there and tried to comprehend the nature of the spirit, the girl would not be prepared for what happened next. After all, who is ever ready to hear the voice of another person in their mind? That was just weird…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#6Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 566 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“It’s… You. You… came back?”

A strange and otherworldly tone seeming to fill the mind of Miss Serena as she paused with Dacol behind the tree, having been distracted by the explanation that she tried to give the man nearby, the foreign fox found herself surprised when she found not only the spirit looking straight at her but also seeming to speak to her without ever raising its voice. A shiver passing through the body of the blue beauty as she found her mind being penetrated by softly spoken words, the eyes of the young enchantress widened as she realized that she was being spoken to by the being nearby, finding that despite the gentleness of the words that she heard the spectre’s speech still chilled her to the bone.

“Sorry, I don’t mean to intrude, but you’re the only one who can hear me, I think? Can you hear me?”

Stunned into silence by this odd occurrence and frozen in her place, as the cerulean spirit stared at her and veered a bit closer to her Mr Lubex seemed to panic and take a few steps back, but Sofia was rooted in place by a mixture of awe and curiosity, not to mention a dash of fright. Glancing toward her companion and guessing from the blend of fear and confusion he showed that the spirit was indeed right and only she could hear it, the mermaid swallowed and nodded her head at the question she was given before lifting herself up to regard it properly.

“Y-Yes, I can… I can hear you?” Trembling as she straightened herself and faced the phantom directly, though her words were a little shaky the sapphire siren answered the question spectre, speaking through verbal means more out of reflex than design. Unsure really of whether or not this creature could read her mind, in a way she hoped it couldn’t poke into those dark corners of her mind, or at least the ones she kept that naughty side of her tucked away in during moments like this.

“Uhhhhh, Sofia, what are you saying?”

However, the nerve of her companion only seeming to unravel all the more as Miss Serena spoke up, Dacol looked toward her with that same sense of worried wonder he regarded the spectre with a second or two after the girl had answered the spirit, speaking in a whisper as if he didn’t want it to turn its attention upon him.
“It’s talking to me… In my mind?” Offering up yet another explanation that seemed to bewilder her buddy more than assure him, the girl took a few deep breaths as she tried to steady herself in the presence of this unusual being, feeling a little off kilter both by the attention she received from the entity and the fact that she was essentially had to act as an intermediary between it and the worried man next to her. Finding herself oddly intimidated by the show of telepathy she was given, the witch couldn’t help but find the presence of the man suddenly something of a distraction that she did not need right now. It was hard talk to anyone with someone wittering in your ear after all, and that was without considering the fact that one of the parties she had to listen to with her mind, which was rather a new experience for the girl.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#7Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 576 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“I just, it’s hard to focus on you both at the same time, so give me a minute, Dacol.” The mind of the mermaid racing and feeling she needed to focus every ounce of it on this mysterious figure that had contacted her, while Sofia did not wish to be rude she was a little curt in the way she tried to quiet the man next to her, lifting her hand and gesturing him to back off as the ghost drew close enough that she could practically reach out and touch her.

“S-Sorry, this is new to me, I’ve never…” Feeling a little bit embarrassed for letting herself get distracted from the blue spirit and rubbing the back of her head as she offered an apology to the being near her, though the closeness made the mermaid medium feel a little tense, she tried her best to keep things peaceful. Remembering the pain she had suffered the night before when a being such as this was startled or angry, the Sapphire Siren really didn’t fancy the idea of carrying the man she accompanied home for the second night in a row and also didn’t wish to risk any wrath because of the disruption that her partner might create.

“Oh my, yes… My telepathy is an uncommon magic, even in this enlightened age isn’t it?”

Mr Lubex at least seeming to trust the judgement of the young mage enough to take a few steps back and hush up a little, while he still wore an expression of worry as he looked toward Miss Serena, the water witch was glad for the gesture as he took.
Magic? She called it magic… The eerie words that filled her mind seeming to become clearer now that she was able to offer it her full attention, though she had easily guessed that the spirit with whom she spoke was communicating through mental means, it was somewhat surprising for the spectre to use the same term she might. The mystery about the apparition only deepening because of this, while the foreign fox had assumed that it was a simple application of supernatural strengths it was intriguing to discover that this unusual being was versed in similar arts to herself.

“Yes dear, I may look a little odd now, but once upon a time, we weren’t so different?”

Certainly in for a round of surprises tonight it seemed, though Sofia had come to the riverbank with a silent sense of fear what she had discovered here had left her more fascinated than frightened, and she couldn’t help but gape as she found herself having a conversation with a being that for all intents and purposes seemed to be a ghost.
Oh, so once upon a time you were a stone cold fox too, then~? Doesn’t seem like much has changed to me then~ Smirking a little as a sense of excitement and intrigue seemed to kick her mischievous side into action, maybe this was the wrong time and place for someone to start flirting but the minx could not help herself. Not sure if she would ever have the opportunity to deal with a spirit again and this one seeming rather easy on the eyes once one got over its rather blinding nature, the young vixen also noted that the blue beauty from beyond could also be cute as she saw those azure eyes flutter before the being broke into a blissful chuckle…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#8Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 574 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

You can hear what I say in my mind then? Smirking as she saw the happiness that she had seemed to inspire within the expression of the spectre, after a soft sigh that spoke of her satisfaction, Miss Serena rested her palm on her hip and arched her brow as she continued the conversation. Far more comfortable having got a little flirtation out there in the open, the playful reflexes of the nymph always seemed to set her at ease and she also felt a little bit proud to have flattered this figure in some way, wondering just how long it might have been since this figure might have been told how pretty she was. God, it could have been centuries.

“Yes, yes, it’s a door through which things can travel in either direction, which I know might alarm you…”

Some perhaps fearing for their lives in the face of such a fantastic being but the fancy of the fox setting her at ease for the most part, as the elegant entity elaborated a little on how her abilities worked for the benefit of Sofia, the only alarm bell that the young mage could think of was one more born of social indecency than mortal peril.

It is a little alarming knowing someone can poke through my thoughts, not all of them are uh… Things I feel I should share with a pretty spirit like you? The second that the Valerican Vixen had noted the loveliness of the being the same one that she met she had started to quietly speculate on how exactly a few sinful acts might work when one of the participants was a simple spectre, while she was rarely one to guard her interest or intents with the women that caught her eyes, the knowledge that this one knew exactly what she was thinking was a little bit intimidating. The being flattered by her interest thus far but perhaps that changing if she saw the lewd designs that the mischievous mermaid could not help herself but to think of, it would be a shame to offend her, especially when one considered the fact that she might have been born in a far more uptight era.

“Heeheehee, don’t worry. If there are things you don’t want to see, try to imagine yourself just closing off the door to yourself and I won’t intrude? I’m not here to steal away a young lady’s secrets…”

Thankfully for the teen temptress it appearing that the apparition was the forgiving sort of whatever glimpses of naughtiness that she might have managed to pull from the mind of Miss Serena, with a chuckle that was only enhanced in its swoon factor by the eerie quality of her voice the blue being waved away the idea and even offered the young woman the opportunity to guard herself if she wished.
Well, maybe I’ll leave one or two of those doors a little ajar, just in case you fancy a little peek at one or two unmentionables, hm? The sapphire siren enjoying the generosity and tolerance she was shown a great deal and because of that unable to resist another chance to elicit another heavenly snigger from the spook by the riverbank, after offering a little ‘flash’ of imagery in her mind of the things to which she had been alluding the tease giggled to herself, leaving the nearby Dacol looking rather confused as this cerebral conversation continued.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#9Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 532 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

So, I’d assume that you didn’t go to all the trouble of pulling together into that rather lovely mana form just to stimulate my own wicked whimsy, now did you? Enjoying the little bout of flirtation she was having with this lovely phantasm but the creeping feeling of light-headedness reminding the water witch that she was burning her mana by doing so, while Sofia didn’t mind leaving herself a little bit woozy and in need of a good night’s sleep in order to indulge what was usually her primary interest, she couldn’t help but wonder just what the spook had intended before they had taken this diversion. The idea of engaging in some lusty liaison with a being of this sort certainly feeling like it would be fun, especially when one put that intriguing mind reading aspect into the mix, it occurred to the Valerican Vixen that ghosts didn’t tend to appear simply for the purpose of seducing young girls. If they did, then she’d probably spend a lot more time in graveyards.

“Sadly not, my dear… Unfortunately my presence here is a result of unhappy tidings?”

The suspicions of Miss Serena proving to be true, as disappointing as it was, with their playful introduction out of the way it was a little bit of a sorry sight to see that the situation would take a more sombre tone from here on out, though not unexpected.
That’s always the way, isn’t it? You meet a pretty ghost girl but she’s here to tell you about the next apocalypse or looking for ‘the one’… Shrugging as she expressed her discontent at the turn of events, the response of the foreign femme to news that was enough to bring a being back from the beyond was somewhat understated really.
A shame, but I suppose there’s no way around it, is there? Playing things a little cool rather than panicking or finding some other reason to get herself overexcited, perhaps some shrewd part of the sapphire siren knew that getting worked up now would do no good, but whatever the reason she chose to simply listen to what her spectral friend had to say in a largely casual fashion.

“No, unfortunately only grave events are enough to bring a ghost back to this world?”

Maybe in a weird way almost wanting to offer some measure of comfort to the oddity that seemed the harbinger of bad news, Sofia sighed gently as she looked toward the now worried expression that the ghosty wore and wished she could offer a hand or something to console her, that odd sense of chivalry she possessed always compelling the coquette to want to turn any woman’s frown upside down.
Hahaha, how long have you been waiting to use that line, huh?  Conscious of the seriousness of the topic to follow but at the same time wishing she could break that sense of tension that it created, the mischievous mermaid couldn’t help but joke around a little as she waited for the news that the spectre would bring to her, hoping that any measure of humour they could share might just make a bad situation feel that little bit better…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#10Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 3:03 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 596 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“Unnnngggghhh…” The brightness that once suffused the riverbank with blue light ebbing away like water draining from a bathtub, as the spirit disappeared Miss Serena groaned, feeling like she had been hit in the brain with a brick made of pure exhaustion. Body feeling fine but her mind run ragged by what she had been through, the second that she let herself relax everything caught up with the Sapphire Siren, making her head throb with pain and thoughts feel like they had been shrouded in a mix of fog and cotton wool.

“W-What was… What was all that about? The ghost… What did it say?”

The disappearance of the entity enough to help Dacol recognise that it was his chance to return to the conversation, as one might expect of a man that had just spent the past few minutes watching someone have what to the average observer amounted to a simple staring contest with a being from beyond the grave he was rather confused by what he had seen, and quick to seek clarification.
I feel like I’m about to pass out… Lifting her hand to her head as she tried to focus her mind enough in order to pass along some of what she had learned to the confused fellow, though Sofia appreciated the interest and concern that her companion showed the foreign fox still found that she might have been happier without the round of questioning, rubbing the bridge of her nose as she tried to soothe the ache she suffered.

“Well apparently we’re to be visited by three spirits tonight, each representing the past, present and future respectively…” Taking a long and deep breath as she gathered her thoughts together and opted to deal with her stress and discomfort with a little bout of humour, though she wasn’t sure whether she made the joke more to set herself or Mr Lubex at ease, after sighing Miss Serena couldn’t help but make a little crack about a Christmas story she had read when she was younger.
“They’re going to try and show us the error of our ways and make us better people?” Breathing a little heavily as she moved over to the nearest sturdy tree in an effort to steady herself as she silently hoped that the lightness of her head and the pain even more would pass with time, as rested her palm on the trunk and took a little bit of weight off her feet with a lean the girl cocked her head toward her companion and smirked, wondering if he would pick up on the bookish line she levied.

“Wait, really?”

Unfortunately for the degree of esteem with which the Valerican Vixen held her sense of humour the joke seeming to fall flat, while she noted a sense of recognition in the eyes of her partner at the words of the woman, some mix of confusion, anxiety and perhaps a hint of naiveté seemed to drown out any recognition he might show, leaving Sofia disappointed and a little bit queasy. Though only the former was Dacol’s fault.

“If only it was that simple…” Shaking her head as she confirmed the lying line that she had used with another sigh and then turned around to let herself rest a little more fully against the tree that was proving increasingly comfortable, with a sigh accompanying her admission the fatigued fox let herself slip down into a sitting position slowly as she shook her head, trying to make sense of what she had been told even as she tried to share it…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#11Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 614 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“According to her, there are ill tidings and such about the town…” Cocking her head towards the riverbank after she had taken a few more seconds of silent sitting to steady herself, though Miss Serena had enjoyed the potential that was offered by mind to mind communication, she had to admit that the come down from such an experience was kind of a bitch.
“Dark omens, all that horror story stuff?” The usual sharpness that she had come to expect from her mental faculties suddenly seeming to have become as dull as an old butter knife, as she spoke the Sapphire Siren was as much trying to make sense of the notions that had been passed to her by the phantom, her gaze a little bit hazy as she looked toward the curious concern that Dacol showed.

“The flow of energy and mana is getting all murky and messed up by something, something that she can’t quite figure out…” Everything having seemed to make sense to her as she found the information being poured into her brain, perhaps because of her tiredness and some of her inexperience in dealing with it felt as if everything she heard was a strand of spaghetti and it all now lay jumbled together in a mess within the ‘bowl’ that was her mind.

“It’s bad news, seems something is stirring things up, some force or being that likes to hide away from mortal eyes, but fortunately for us beings that are trapped on the precipice between this life and what comes after can see that kind of stuff a bit more clearly?” Perhaps the difficulty of her digestion of the concepts to which she had been fed coming from the fact that she only knew the facts in a second hand fashion, while Sofia was far from the sort of who was slow witted and simple even she struggled to make proper sense of something she had absolutely no comprehension of. Attuned more than the average man or woman to the mystical because of her power as a mage but this seeming to go that much deeper than anything she had ever learned to deal with, it felt a little like trying to understand a description of the colour red when all one had seen throughout their life was blue or green, and now she had the task of passing that description on to a person who had only seen everything in black and white.

“So she’s looking into it, as best she can, and says we should too…” Sighing and shaking her head as she tried to assure her companion that regardless of the scariness inherent in what she told him that there was nothing to be feared from the spectre herself, and also let him know that she was most definitely on their side, though she was pretty exhausted Miss Serena also knew the situation was quite the urgent one as well and would need them to act sooner rather than later.
“Apparently, if she finds anything she’ll come back here to let us know? So we might need to get people keeping an eye out for that blue light?” Running her fingers through her hair as she looked toward the face of the man who she had sought to solve this oddity with and seeing that he was struggling with the concept even more than she was, after making sure to pass on every morsel that she could make sense of the foreign fox rested her head on the tree behind her, letting Dacol attempt to digest what she had said and hoping he might make at least some small degree of sense of it…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#12Sofia 

Riverside Spirit [Quest/Solo] Empty Fri May 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 577 | TAG: Spooky Times | MIDNIGHT CUTIE

“Right, right… This all sounds pretty crazy, but I believe you.
Do you think we should probably let the Rune Knights know as well?”

Clearly the concepts that were raised by Sofia something that took some time to wrap one’s head around, she was glad to see that after no small number of seconds of silence, something seemed to spark in the eye of her ally that seemed like recognition. Thankful for the fact that Mr Lubex did not panic in the face of the potential catastrophe and ever more so that he seemed to show quite the large degree of trust in what he was told, the slightly scruffy fellow reminded the Valerican Vixen of how down to earth he had seemed when she first met him with the clear headed response he gave, speaking calmly and rationally even after such a ridiculous event.

“I suppose? Is this the sort of thing they handle? I always thought they were more there for bar room brawls and that kind of thing?” Perhaps the idea to contact the ‘law’ of the country the natural response of any civilian, while it might have been because she was a visitor to the land and did not comprehend the full scope of Rune Knight responsibilities in Fiore, Miss Serena couldn’t help but show a little scepticism with the concept that Dacol raised to her as she thought it over. So far from what she saw of that force it seeming to resemble more of an armed militia than something meant to deal with the supernatural, they seemed more brawn than brains to the blue beauty and the situation seemed to call more for the latter than the former.

“Well if we need people looking into things then I think they’re our best bet, unless we involve a guild? Besides, their inspector, Nilan, is pretty sharp in the head… He might be able to figure out what’s going on?”

Mr Lubex seeming to have every confidence in the arm of the law and their capacity to cope with a problem like this, though he mentioned the topic of contacting one of the mage collectives that seemed to be scattered across the land, his seemed to be firmer in his belief in the forces of justice than the mercenary magicians. Perhaps the cost involved in hiring a decent set of mages a concern without official support, it was possible that once more authority got involved in the action then things could escalate from there, but for now there seemed a certain sense in the so called ‘Shields of the Country’ in on the action.

“Nilan, huh? Well, I’m not one for bureaucracy and heavy involvement from lawmen in what I do usually, but if you think it’s a good idea?” For her part Sofia certainly feeling she should cede to the understanding of the local in this regard, perhaps because she did not wish to argue the point or simply because someone from these parts seemed like they would understand the power structure better, the nymph nodded slowly as she agreed to the decision of Dacol before pushing herself back up on her feet.
“Anyway, I’m beat… We should probably head back?” Definitely in need of a stiff drink and then probably a good sleep afterwards, regardless of their course of action it seemed better to take it with a rested and clear head anyway, and right now hers was anything but that…

621 + 631 + 545 + 623 + 589 + 566 + 576
+ 574 + 532 + 596 + 614 + 577 = 7044

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum