Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something Blue [Quest/Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Sofia 

Something Blue [Quest/Solo] Empty Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 534 Words | TAG: N/A |  

“And there she was… Strolling up on a pair of pins that promised they could to take you all the way to heaven whilst that look in her eyes that told you she was just the right kind of trouble… Sofia Serena. One hell of a dame by anyone’s estimation, she was certainly the kind of girl anyone would love to call their own, but my experience told me she there was only one person she answered to. Herself. Still, with a smile and a bounce like she had, any fool might think they could tame her. Hell, if I hadn’t had so long in the job, I probably would have made that mistake…”

Does he know that me, and anyone else, can hear him? The blue brow of the beauty in question lifting a little bit as she caught wind of the soliloquy spoken by a man who had the collar of his coat turned up and was huddled over a smoke, as Sofia approached the client she had agreed to meet down by the riverbank, she couldn’t tell if he was a madman or some kind of genius. Eccentric for sure but his words seeming to have a certain truthful ring to them, as she found herself being verbally appraised by this madcap mister, the blue haired girl couldn’t help but smile as he noted a few of her charming assets then continued to talk her up, feeling a little bit flattered by both the observations and insights that he gave about her. Sure it was unconventional and perhaps not the best thing to do in circumstances where one required a little discretion, but there felt an earnest desire and sweetness about what he expressed that made the girl giggle. If he was doing this for her amusement, it was certainly working.

“Ah, might you be Mr… No, Detective Miller, perhaps~?” Deciding that this particular little adventure might be more fun and rewarding to play along, while she had been warned by others that Dex Miller was about as much a legal investigator as she was a hairy chested Icebergian, Miss Serena couldn’t help but grin like a child in on some joke as she spoke to her client as she tried to repress a giggle of excitement. Shaking away her giddiness and attempting to appear as serious as she could in the moment, as the sun slowly sank toward the horizon behind the blue beauty she did what she could to mimic the mannerisms of her companion, hunching herself over slightly and speaking in a hushed whisper as if being overheard would lead to catastrophe.

“I’ve heard you’re looking for a partner to investigate something… Mysterious? Remembering the odd detective story she had read as a child and managing to get her hands on a nice, long coat that was tied by a belt around her waist, though to her disappointment the dame hadn’t managed to secure a fedora for herself she found she felt the part all the same, treating this little spot of sleuthing more like a game of make believe than the chase of a wild goose that most had told her that it would end up being.

Stir Up Some Excitement

"Make every day its own adventure~"
- Sofia Serena

credit to nat of adoxography.

Something Blue [Quest/Solo] TDL1IUK

Last edited by Sofia Serana on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2Sofia 

Something Blue [Quest/Solo] Empty Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:07 am

Sofia

WORDS: 549 | TAG: N/A

“I came straight away when I heard. What are we looking at, detective?” Still something of a child at heart, while that usually loaned itself best to her mischievous habits, it seemed every once in a while it also meant she could find a little fun and joy in topics that others considered irksome, and relish the chance to hang out with a person most people shunned.

“Hmph. Glad you could make it, but… This one might not be for the faint of heart.
You sure you’re up to it?”

The gruffness of Dex’s behaviour only seeming to be further emphasized as he began to address her directly instead of through his not quite internal monologue, after dropping his cigarette onto the ground and stamped it out with his toe, the imaginary investigator pulled a hip flask from his pocket and took a swig from it before offering it to Sofia. Somewhat tempted to taste the beverage given her fondness for a good drink but waving it away when she caught the whiff of something that seemed to have a slightly medicinal character, while she could have pointed out to the would be gumshoe that his oddness might be a result of swigging what certainly smelled a lot like mouthwash, the girl in the trench coat brushed away that idea and shook her head toward her partner for the night as he voiced his concern.

“I might be young, but I’m no greenhorn, sir. I can handle it.” Feeling she was no longer Sofia Serena, wandering mage but rather a rookie cop keen on getting her first big case, perhaps it was naughty of her but she happily played into the fantasy of the man before her, more excited by the experience that awaited her than any supposed result that many said they were unlikely to find. Hopeful that she might find something intriguing but really much of the ‘adventure’ this time seeming to come from her companion, while most had written Dex off as some loon fit for a long stay in a very secure hospital, the eager young woman couldn’t help but find a sense of curiosity about both him and the mystery he had supposedly found.

“We’ll see, I suppose?
his one could bend the mind of a lawman with forty years on the job… 
We’re dealing with something strange, mysterious and probably dangerous, likely from another world. And it looks like a big, blue ball. 
Still think that you’re up for this, rookie?”

“Of course I am, sir! I will be an honour to serve with the renowned Detective Miller!” Pausing for a second as she considered the topic, as she bathed herself in the character of this eager to impress young officer, Sofia let her character inform her next action and barked with approval like a soldier before giving a small salute to the man nearby.
“I’m looking forward to showing you what I can do!” Enjoying herself far more than she really had business doing so with the childish act she put herself through, perhaps she wasn’t acting the most mature or wary right now but at least she wasn’t nervous, and the blue haired girl was also rather eager to see what might be waiting for her wherever the evening might take her…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

Last edited by Sofia Serana on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

#3Sofia 

Something Blue [Quest/Solo] Empty Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 am

Sofia

WORDS: 540 | TAG: N/A  

“So here I was, a dame by my side and worry in my heart, a part of me wanting to just run away and pretend I never saw this. But I couldn’t do that. That damn ball, it was only a matter of time before it did something horrible, took something that could never be given back. I was lucky to get away from it, but others, they wouldn’t be so lucky as me. So I sucked it up, took a mouthful of the hard stuff and went back. Maybe I’d die down there, maybe we both would, but someone had to do something. Even if the world might never know what we did here tonight, something had to be done…”

Apparently the monologue something that seemed to continue whenever Dex was given a few moments of quiet to let his mind drift, Miss Serena was not sure whether or not it was something he did for fun or just to distract himself from his woes, but given the hint of concern that seemed present in his voice she would guess the latter.

Perhaps there’s more to this than people assume~? The sun slipping beyond the horizon and darkness extended overhead whilst they had been walking along the riverbank, after glancing toward that black blanket covered in diamonds, she found her brow tightening just a little as her partner continued. Certainly the gruff tone that the detective used when talking to her having a sternness that seemed lacking when that narration drifted toward the topic of their target, the change in bitch voiced an anxiety that seemed to imply whatever they were facing was absolutely something that the man believed was a danger, and there seemed an honesty in that. Whether it was real in the truest sense was anyone’s guess, but even if it was just something that the mental malady of Mister Miller’s had created, Sofia felt glad she was here to help him confront it. He needed help, in one way or another.

“Hold it there kid.
Gotta move real quiet now, we’re close…”

Sofia strolling along with her guide a step or two ahead of her, as his hand shot out to block her path and the man gave a hushed order, Miss Serena braced immediately and started to study their surroundings to see what was going on.
“Is there…?” Glancing around the winding riverbank to see what had caught the attention of Dex and whispering to him as she did, the arm that barred her way turned over and beckoned her to follow as the detective continued in a half stoop, moving with silence and stealth.

He’s been spooked by something, but what? The young woman furrowing her brow a little but following the path of the man as sneakily as she could, she placed each foot down with soft caution as if she might step on a branch and startle something, feeling a bit like a hunter stalking prey as she tried to work out exactly what they were trying to avoid the attention of. Unfortunately, for the moment, all that Sofia could see were bushes and tree trunks and all that she could hear was the soft and gentle sound of running water…

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

Last edited by Sofia Serana on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4Sofia 

Something Blue [Quest/Solo] Empty Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:19 am

Sofia

WORDS: 533 | TAG: N/A  

I hope he’s not having some hallucination or something? Suspicious certainly because of the vigilant pace they had moved into but also somewhat concerned because of the rumours and sympathetic experience she had toward Mr Miller that this whole thing might be something of an ‘episode’, the girl tried to feel a little hopeful that what they were doing wasn’t because of the mental malady he suffered and took the fact that the monologue she had grown accustomed to had seemingly melted away. The leader definitely looking wary and worried in front of her, as they stalked their way along by the stream finally Sofia was given something solid to back up the sense of faith she wanted to put in this troubled soul as they weaved past trees and woodland and she noticed their surroundings growing brighter.

“So… That’s it, is it?” Whispering to the Detective in front of her in as low a tone as she could manage as they peered from the cover of a trunk at something bright and blue and just as ball shaped as Dex had described, a sense of elation rushed through the young enchantress as she eyed an eerie but enthralling apparition seeming to bob up and down on the bank beyond them, finding herself relieved and excited to see that her partner had been true to his word.
“It’s kind of pretty…” Looking at the mass of aura and energy, the way it seemed to spin and swirl around reminded Miss Serena of a whirlpool of crystal clear water, though the detective was clinging to their piece of cover worriedly, she couldn’t help but lift her head a little higher to get a better look at the apparition and that was when she hear it.

“Come closer, dear…”

A soft voice that seemed so comforting a familiar seeming to speak to her as the ball stopped moving around and hovered in place, though Sofia shot a look toward her partner who seemed to be rocking back and forth slightly as well as trembling with fear, she did not feel afraid of this oddity.
I know that... Don't I? But who...? For some reason disarmed by the tone, the way it pleaded with her and more than anything the recognition that she had for it despite the fact that she could not place just who the intonation reminded her of, the eyes of the blue beauty narrowed as she tried to get a better look at what was in front of her. Fascinated by it, both in terms of appearance and that eerie but easy going voice, even though Dex hadn’t told her to move the girl did so anyway, standing up straight and then stepping off closer to it and the water nearby.

I don’t think it wants to hurt us… It feels… Gentle? Perhaps that magical inclination she possessed allowing her the ability to sense the nature of energy better than the average person, or at least that was what she believed was occurring, a mix of curiosity about what she was seeing and a desire to have her feeling of safety prove compelled the girl to slip away from the trunk and make her way down toward the ball. 

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#5Sofia 

Something Blue [Quest/Solo] Empty Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 580 | TAG: N/A 

What is it though? A ghost maybe? Did Uncle Nik mention something like this? Transfixed by the apparition, her gaze not budging an inch or two in any direction as she slipped through the grass and moved closer toward that beautiful blue ball, Miss Serena studied it with her eyes like one would a jewel as she tried to think of any stories she had heard that mentioned something like this. Most closely seeming to resemble myths of eastern realms of the appearance of departed spirits, balls of energy were mentioned as the souls of the dead in books hailing from these realms and the girl’s sailor uncle had mentioned a tale or two about them as well.

If so, does it have some kind of unfinished business? That usually seems to bind the departed to the mortal realm? Usually they’re angry or sad in tales though, this one… Doesn’t seem like that? Outdoorsy in her youth but not the soul who abhorred reading, spurred by the stories and legends Nikos has told her, Sofia had gotten into reading whenever she had reason to be cooped up in the house and had read a few ghost stories in her day. Excited at the chance at seeing what she had heard about but a little confused and perhaps a hint of suspicious about the circumstances given the tragedy those tales tend to be littered with, this inconsistency only compelled her curiosity more and the beauty drew close to a blue spirit which seemed to show no degree of wariness of her.

“B-Be careful, Sofia! It' gonna-“

The hand of our heroine extending forward with her hardly realizing her motion, as Dex called out from behind her, the thrall of Miss Serena was broken momentarily as she turned her head to look at him and find out what his warning was about, but before she could process anything the world seemed to disappear as she made contact with something that felt hot and cool at the same time. A flash seeming to wipe out her surroundings and leave the curious vixen in a featureless environment that seemed the colour of a cloudless sky at noon, in confusion the young woman looked around herself to see what was going on then found her attention being drawn to a figure that was nearby.

“What is…?” A large and flowing shape seeming to hover in the air none to distantly from her, Sofia saw a body that was made of blueness like her surroundings but darker and more distinct, or at least for the most part. The edges of the entity seeming to look like they were fraying or dissolving in front of her eyes, after looking around herself again the girl realized that whatever ‘realm’ she seemed to be standing in appeared to be made of the dispersed body of this being, as if it was being turned into a fog that surrounded her.

She’s pretty… Confused by the situation that surrounded her and looking to the face of the figure that stretched out around her body, as Miss Serena stared at the other entity searchingly she found what looked to be a great beauty looking back at her.
Who is she? Large eyes and a slightly narrow face cast in her direction, this feminine looking phantom had long hair that was dissolving with the rest of it, but it wound around her frame and flowed like a liquid, looking like the image of elegance and refinement.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#6Sofia 

Something Blue [Quest/Solo] Empty Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 574 | TAG: N/A

“Get.. Off… Her!”

A voice breaking through the silence of this serene moment that she was lost in, while Sofia felt as if she could gaze upon the vision for eternity, it seemed she only had a second or two to take in the sight before suddenly and painfully she was returned to reality. The air seeming to glow with heat as if all of a sudden fire had been belched all around that only lasted for an instant, with a grunt followed by a groan the blue beauty felt something hard slam against her body and then felt as if she was flying through the air before landing with a thud. It wasn’t a pleasant experience.

“Urrrggghhhhhhh…” Groaning as she felt both her head spinning and the cold ground beneath her body once she had landed and been a second or two to regather her thoughts, while she was fascinated by the vision she had just received, as the dark surroundings she remembered from before it reminded Miss Serena of where she was the girl realized she had more important priorities. “Huh?” The girl lifting up her hand so as to rub her buzzing head, as she did so the attention of the azure angel was snatched when she found something heavy and somewhat warm impeding the path of her limb.

“Getting a bit fresh on the first date, aren’t we detective~?” Looking down with slightly blurry vision to see the shape of a curly haired slumped over her, though her head was pounding with pain and body felt as if all the energy had been sapped from it, Sofia couldn’t help but lay out a little cheekiness as she tried to rouse Mr Miller with a nudge.
“Dex? You Ok there?” The prod that she gave her partner seeming to provoke not even a twitch let alone anything one could quantify as movement, a sense of panic made the heart of our heroine thump harder and drive away her pain as she realized he might actually be properly hurt, prompting a little more serious and sober behaviour from the blue beauty.

“Can you hear me? Are you OK, Dex?!” Rolling the two of them over and glancing around herself to check for spirit that they had found but discovering no sigh of it, after a deep breath the girl from Valerica began to check her companion for hurt, hoping she didn’t discover anything too bad as she did so. Hands shooting down that surprisingly slim frame as she searched her partner for the feeling of wetness or a bone that felt out of place, in a way Miss Serena felt herself fortunate that the experiences she had with her frail mother had prepared her for this, recalling times when she was a child and the spirited woman had taken a spill or fainted after a funny turn.

“Say something to me! Jeez, five minutes ago you couldn’t keep your mouth shut for anything now you’re feeling shy? Girl’s don’t like guys who run so hot and cold, you know?” All of those times being resolved without too much hurt, and the reason she kept a cool head in the moment the impromptu medic hoped this situation would be the same. Sure this guy had a gear or two loose but he was good and hardworking, not to mention dedicated. He had better not go dying on her now, that was for sure!

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#7Sofia 

Something Blue [Quest/Solo] Empty Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 630 | TAG: N/A 

“Goodness, copping a feel then having the girl carry you home… You’re a cheeky one, aren’t you?” Sense of humour deployed in her relative solitude largely as a means to distract herself from her worries than anything, with a makeshift bed made of water extending from her palms in front of her like a gurney, Sofia marched through the woods with speed of purpose. Checking Dex over and thankful to find no sign of blood or broken bones, while her form ached from her own misadventure and energy levels felt like they could ebb at any moment, the riverside beauty ignored her discomfort and fatigue as she tried to get her partner to safety as soon as she could. Because of this, it was no small comfort or relief to see a friendly and familiar face dashing up the path toward her and waving.

“Looks like your adventure with Dex went about as well as…
Well, an adventure with Dex?”

By chance meeting up with the very first face that she remembered meeting in Orchidia once she had arrived in the town, Miss Serena felt no shortage of appreciation for Dacol Lubex as he appeared on the scene, seeming to be accustomed to finding at least one of her party in dire straits following his adventures. Perhaps the timing of his joke a little bit insensitive but Miss Serena hardly holding that against him, especially given how often she herself used humour to try and ease tension, all that the sapphire eyed investigator could think about was how glad she was for the town guide to have found her.

“We ran into the Blue Spirit, I think it did this to Dex when he tried to protect me?” Perhaps in a less worried state the woman by the water maybe making a playful remark in response to the joke but currently preoccupied with the safety of her friend, after letting out a sigh of relief when their rescuer slung her companion over his shoulder and made a line for town, the riverside girl filled him in on what had happened. Still trying to make sense of what had gone on herself but being more preoccupied with the safety of her injured cohort more than anything, Sofia had pieced together a rough idea of the events either side and during her little trip to the realm of blue fog and offered what she knew, even if it wasn’t a whole lot. If only she had known what had gone wrong, had the ghost by the river deceived her, or had it been spooked by Dex and lashed out? So many questions filled her head, but now wasn’t the time for them.

“That thing was real? Wow, I didn’t think there was anyone in town who took that story seriously… Maybe we should have? 
Well, best get you both to the doctor…”

Brows of Mr Lubex bouncing higher than the blue beauty had ever seen in response to Sofia’s comment, while she felt a hint of satisfaction of proving her partner for the night right she did not linger on the feeling for too long at this time, instead simply nodding as their saviour made for the medic that Dex clearly seemed to need, in what felt like a blur the girl found herself at the hospital with her bumps and scrapes bandaged up and sitting in a chair next to her still unconscious client along with Dacol. Perhaps not the most popular member of their little community but both the town guide and the doctor who had seemed to them both dropping everything when they thought that their hardboiled investigator was in trouble, it was nice to see really. It filled the girl with warmth to know they cared for him.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#8Sofia 

Something Blue [Quest/Solo] Empty Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Sofia

WORDS: 534 | TAG: N/A 

“Unnnfffff… Did anybody… Get the number of… That truck?”

A groan filling the room as life and wakefulness returned to the body of Dex Miller after a period of silence that felt entirely too long and loud to be tolerated and with tears like little diamonds in the corners of her eyes, Miss Serena lurched forward the second that she heard him make his little quip and wrapped her arms around her ‘partner’ tightly. "You're OK! Thank the goddess!" For some reason finding herself oddly attached and protective of this madcap soul thanks to their evening and her suspicion that the reason she herself wasn’t the one lying in a bed right now was because this detective had borne the brunt of the attack for her, she cuddled the kook eagerly, even as he seemed to raise some tough guy objection to her affection.

“Easy there toots, it’ll take a lot more than that to do ol’ Dex in, you know?”

Playing off his injuries in a fashion that one would have come to expect from the persona he had adopted, Miss Serena couldn’t help but chuckle as she held her new friend close and felt how warm he felt to her. An arm seeming to wrap around her and scruff that blue hair up playfully, though the scent Dex gave off was one of a mix of alcohol and stale tobacco, in the moment it seemed the most wonderful fragrance for the femme to sense.
“I-I should think so… Who’d protect the town if you bought your last ticket, detective?” Only easing away once Mr Miller lifted himself up into a sitting position on his bed, the blue beauty gazed up at the soul who looked a little woozy even from that little movement and was glad she had gotten him to safety, wiping those wet buds from her eyes and smiling up at him.

“We showed them though, didn’t we kid? 
That thing was real… I knew it.”

You got that right, sir. Now no one can call you a liar. If they do, they’ll have me to deal with!” Nodding as the grizzled veteran brought up their accomplishment with pride, Sofia couldn’t help but beam with satisfaction at the success she had found, making a mental note to water whip anyone who badmouthed Dex in future.
“Thanks for protecting me, Detective…” Smiling happily and then leaning forward and planting a little kiss on the cheek of her comrade to thank him for watching out for her earlier, though the azure angel had been left with more questions than ever through her experience, for the moment she chose to ignore them.

“N-No problem, Kid… 
Nice working with ya tonight. 
Job well done, I’d say?”

Instead simply enjoying the fact that they had been through something mysterious and come out the other side safely, as her partner in the paranormal glowed with redness at the little smooch he had been given, Miss Serena couldn’t help but giggle mischievously.
“Hahahaha, yup. I'll be your backup any time, Detective~” Dex certainly was a weird guy, but he was also a good one, and could be really cute when you caught him off guard as well…

534 + 549 + 540 + 533 + 580 + 574 +630 + 534 = 4474

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum