Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

newbing questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Remigio Dono 

newbing questions Empty Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Remigio Dono
Hey I've been learning about all the regulations. There's some things I didn't find in the regulations which is what I'm posting for. I'm not sure if I missed a topic or if it's a good idea for any one person to answer these.

Does the same buff or debuff stack if it has no cooldown? Rephrased I want to know whether the same spell can be cast twice at the same time.
Can a spell be doubled past S-rank? I saw there's a race that doubles a spell's power too. The statistics show higher ranks but not magic.
What's the speed statistic? It says it governs movement speed only. Does that mean it's only for running to and from someone else, kiting, travel, or running from a spell? Rephrased I want to know whether it affects only the legs in a constant motion. Does it affect reaction speed, strike speed in reach, hand-to-hand, spell-cast speed, spell motion speed, guarding yourself, or dodging?
What guilds are open? https://www.fairytailrp.com/f192-9679-the-guilds-and-factions is linked in the regulations but it looks old. There's no descriptions or effects for some groups at the bottom of the site.

#2Rishi Namatzu 

newbing questions Empty Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Rishi Namatzu
hey! I'm here to answer your questions, or at least what I can XD

For your first question, every spell has a cooldown, and you cannot cast two of the same spells at the same time. One would have to end, whether it be instant or sustain, and then the cooldown would occur, causing you have to wait to cast the spell again.

Yes, you can have spell multipliers/enhancers, so if you have an S rank spell, you can get an enhancer that could make it x2 S rank

The speed statistic affects the physical body, yes, it does effect sprinting and running. Travel, spell, reaction speed does not get affected by the speed stat

Fairy Tail, Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale, and Rune knights are open

Last edited by Rishi Namatzu on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

newbing questions Untitled_drawing
#3Mahasthamaprapta 

newbing questions Empty Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:38 am

Mahasthamaprapta
Code:
Another thing to keep in mind is that Speed only affects a user's movement speed, and has no correlation to attack speed. Attack speed is a purely contextual thing here in FTRP, reliant entirely by how a person explains an attack. A jab would naturally be faster than a hook, for example. A straight sword being stabbed would travel faster than a great sword being swung.

Speed only governs your dash/running speed and nothing else. Everyone has the same reaction times IIRC, so you can just consider them to be instant or something.

Also if you have no cooldown on your debuffs/buffs it would probably require you to repeat actions since every spell requires movement.

newbing questions S76lngR

#4Ianthe 

newbing questions Empty Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:35 pm

Ianthe
The groups that aren't in the faction and guild post are not currently open yet as they do not exists just yet.

newbing questions BSIEiBe
#FF6633/Fiorian
#5Akira Shimada 

newbing questions Empty Fri May 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Akira Shimada
This line of questioning has been solved.

newbing questions Signature6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum