Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Odin † 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 am

Odin †

A two story inn, not wholly unlike Odin's own Swineherd Pub, was the perfect location for the Lich to relax and take a breather, as well as enjoy a nice glass of wine after the events of the war. Many had retreated to their homes, or respective places of solitude in the wake of the battles, but many also sought sanctuary at the bottom of a bottle. Odin, obviously, was neither of these people, as he had actively partook in the battle, competing for the winning side, that of Grimoire Heart, however he wasn't known as the 'Lich that destroyed an army', simply because his participation had been hidden somewhat. Being the only Lich in the land that anyone knew, there was no point in ruining his ability to walk into a pub and get a drink by being a wanted criminal. Sure, most people assumed he was wanted and a terrible person just by looking at him, but they had no proof. The last thing Odin wanted was to give them any, otherwise he'd never be able to enjoy wine, not to mention his own pub would likely be attacked if the owner was discovered to work for Grimoire Heart, and that was a hassle neither Odin nor Mac, the former owner and full time bartender, could be dealing with.

Odin's wine of choice for today was a simple red, imported from the country known as Sin. A rarity, the bartender had said through slightly concerned breaths, but that didn't mean much to Odin, as he preferred taste above reputation when it came to wines. He sat at the front of the bar, taking up about three seats, simply because no one wanted to sit next to him. He didn't care, as he poured himself another glass, the bottle sitting next to him. The bartender was too scared to ask him for money to pay for his drink, which was definitely a perk of the new form. Naturally, being in the same business, Odin would happily pay once he had finished, he just currently had an open tab.

#2Varian 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:53 pm

Varian
Varian stretched his arms wide, taking a deep yawn as he pushed the door to the bar open. Vega strolled in first, her small orange body slipped underneath tables investigating the numerous smells.

Looking around Varian noticed the lack of people, it seemed he was the only person there except for the bartender and some hulking mass over by the bar. Vega creeped up Under the skeleton’s chair and took a curious sniff before farting away unnoticed. Varian steppes firwaed and leaned over the bar, blowing a strand of hair out of his face, ”I’ll take whatever you decide to get me, I don’t know the names of the drinks.” he said nonchalantly. The part about not knowing th names of the drinks was true. After he had woken up he remembered some things but not the names of mixed drinks.

After the bartender handed him some mixed ice drink Varian chose a particular spot near a corner. Vega curled up under his chair. She didn’t close her eyes, she kept them trained on her surroundings, her ears twitching at the multitude of sounds. Varian began to sip his mixed drink, crocus had been through a lot recently. While he had not been a direct help in the protecting of crocus, he had been helping others. Though now that there seemed to be some calm at the moment he had decided on staying in case another wave of attacks followed. Varian sipped wuietly, his thoughts were a muddled mess at the moment, and with all the things that had happened to him recently, pulling out structures thoughts were hard. Maybe just quietly sitting want such a bad idea.

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] ULuOEQW
CR thread/Coding/text color ffffcc
#3Odin † 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:57 am

Odin †

A somewhat familiar, but only recently so, voice spoke to the bartender, asking for a drink but regretting that he didn't know the names of any of them so he'd take whatever the man gave him. Odin turned to his side, and instantly recognised the green haired man as a member of his own guild that he himself had recruited. In fact, he was the only man that had been recruited by Odin during his time in the guild, having shown promise and having been looking for a guild like Grimoire Heart, and yet the Lich didn't actually know his name, having been in a rush to get back to Oak -despite never actually making it there because of Baska. He gave no indication of knowing Odin, or even being concerned about the fact that he'd seen a Lich, which suggested he'd taken the rule of being silent in Grimoire Heart more seriously than it really was. Because of it, Odin waited until the man sat down at a nearby table before going to join him, bringing the bottle of wine and his glass with him, and ignoring the terrified expression on the bartender's face every time he made any kind of movement. Walking up to the green haired boy, Odin would take a quick drink before speaking, "Might I sit with you? Apologies that I never got your name when last we met, but I'm known as Lucifer." There was a slight internal cringe when Odin stated his Grimoire Heart title, as he had long moved on from the 'Lucifer' title, and yet it was still his.

#4Varian 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Varian
Varian sat quietly in the chair, his lonesome end of the bar soon added another fellow. The lich walked over and began talking like he knew the man. Saying his name was Lucifer, and he was sorry they didn’t get a chance to talk the first time they met. Varian was suddenly very intrigued and very confused at the same time. ”I’m very sorry, but I’ve never met anyone like you, or anyone with the name Lucifer, so please excuse me, but I think you may have the wrong person,” Varian said. He thought for a moment, he did have a large gap from when he woke up in magnolia. ”well anyway my name is Varian Chevalier. I doubt that you’ve heard it anyway. It was-uh-actually from a fairy tail. I had to give myself a new name.” Varian said. He leaned against his chair and stretched his arms up wide. He leaned down and gave Vega a gentle pat, which in turn was followed by a staggered noise that sounded somewhat like “fla-a-a.” Varian took another sip while he listened to the lich, the drink had some kind of fruity flavor, it was nice.

#5Odin † 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:35 am

Odin †

Curious, the man seemed not to recognise Odin, and it wasn't just that he was lying to him, he believed what he was saying to be the truth, even suggesting that Odin may have been talking to the wrong person and been mistaken, which caused the Lich to look at the man, to make sure he was telling what he thought of as the truth. Odin knew he was speaking true, as he was talking to a man who looked rather unique. His hair was the same green colour that had reminded the Lich of his days as a human, and he had been resourceful when it came to fighting the lycans in Dahlia. And Odin knew for definite that he wouldn't be mistaken for someone else, he had a rather recognisable face as faces went, and wasn't the kind of person someone would forget. That left two possibilities, one of which Odin thought the man confirmed without even realising.

It was possible, in this land, that the man had a twin brother that looked exactly like him, almost like Lacie and her twin sister Alice. But this Varian character looked too exactly like his 'brother' that it seemed unlikely, while Lacie had stated that she and Alice were of slightly different builds, and even had different eye colours. That left the other option, and one that was much more interesting to the Lich if it was true.

"I must apologise if you truly do not know who I am, but I must ask: you said you needed a new name, did you forget you're previous name by chance?"

Odin didn't know much about the practice, having only heard stories from other members, but he knew the protocol for one who left Grimoire Heart. Many had originally thought that they had just died, been killed off by Icarus for abandoning the guild, but that seemed unlikely now that Odin knew a bit more about Crowley's character. The other rumour going about, the one that seemed much more realistic than murdering anyone that didn't believe in the guild anymore, was a complete erasure of their memories, making them forget about all their time in the guild, about their name and their magical abilities. It was punishment enough for one wishing to leave, and Odin was starting to suspect that it was what had happened to this man.

#6Varian 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Varian
The lich seemed to be thinking for a little while before speaking to Varian again. FInally he settled on the question of Did he forget his memory? And was that why he chose a new name, which was spot on. "Yeah, you're exactly righ.
How would you know? I woke up in a room with nothing but stuff around me."
Varian leaned in questioningly. He was hooked, if this person had any kind of knowledge of who he had possibly been, he was dying to know. But was it really worth it? He had lost his old emotions, but now he was a new person. He sat for a little while, confused on what to do. Finally he leaned back and listened to the Lich speak. It was at least to know who he had been, just so if anyone came running, wanting to kill Varian, he could at least no why. He silently crossed his toes, hoping he wasn't a murderer. The only person who might have an inkling of who he was currently was this Lich, who seemed to know who he was. Varian waited, internally impatient for answers. Taking sips of his drink to calm his nerves.

#7Odin † 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:55 am

Odin †

Now that he had gotten the boy's attention, Odin decided to join him properly, sitting down across from him at his table and pouring himself another glass of wine, as he was asked how he could know that the man had forgotten everything. The answer, as well as the reasoning behind it, was really very simple. Odin knew his face, he knew he stood out in a crowd and knew that he was not a face anyone would forget, and yet this man was unable to remember meeting him. The only possibility was that he had lost more than just the meeting with Odin, since that would be oddly specific were it the case. He had forgotten about his time in Grimoire Heart, short as it clearly had been since Odin had inducted him, and that was likely the work of the guild master himself, protecting the secrecy of the guild as he did by wiping the past of those who wished to leave.

The man wanted to know as much as he could, and he had no idea of how much or how little Odin could give him, but the Lich had nothing better to do that day, and he'd always been interested in testing the limits of the memory wipe ability. It was a rarely seen magic, and the Lich wanted to know how good it was.

"Before I tell you what you might be missing, let's start from the beginning. When does your memory end and where does it pick up? And do you have any idea roughly how much time you're missing?"

#8Varian 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Varian
As Varian got more in depth the more situated the lich became, slowly settling down in his chair until he was fully sitting. It was hard to tell emeotion because his face was a skull, but he seemed to have a questioning thoughts. He asked Varian a few quick questions which made him think hard for a moment ”Hmm, I’m missing most of my life, that is if I had one, for all I know I could be a construct of some kind. Assuming that I’m not I woke up about a month ago in a hotel
Room which I assume was mine. I know I’m 19, and other than that I can’t remeber any images of my own life. All I can remember is feelings and Fiore’s own history. Other than that I draw a blank just white space.”
Varian said. He leaned down and gave Vega a scratch. ”What if this isn’t my body? What if I’m from another world?! Well if it is, it isn’t a half bad body I guess.l Varian said. He looked at the man, well he thought it was a man.”Thanks for this.”

#9Odin † 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:51 am

Odin †

The more he listened to the man, the more Odin became extremely interested in the magic that had been used on him. He could remember everything other than what pertained to him. Fiore, magic, the way the world worked, they were all imparted onto muscle memory, but he also remembered it all, just not the eyes that saw it. It was certainly a powerful memory loss, but it was too specific to have just been natural. honestly, in the boy's situation, Odin would probably think of himself as a construct or an android of some kind, having been brought into the world and given all the extra memories to know the world he was living in. It was a strangely likely possibility, or it would be if not for the fact that Odin knew the man wasn't an android, or at least that wasn't why he had lost his memory. It made one think about how many people in the world were actually machines, maybe someone was making an army of androids to take over the world, and no one would know until it was too late.

The boy had answered Odin's questions, so it was only fair now that he, too, receive some answers: "I can't tell you all that much, as we only met briefly, and I never caught your previous name. You were almost attacked by lycans in the Aldenwald: the forest area outside of Dahlia. You escaped using magic in an interesting magic, so we talked for a bit. You thought I was trying to kill you because of how I looked, but afterwards we went our separate ways. I was in a hurry to leave unfortunately, so I didn't catch any more information from you."

#10Varian 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Varian
The lich gave him very little, stating they had met and Varian had used some kind of interesting magic to fight off two lycans. Varian chewed on his finger thinking for a moment. He must have been weaker than, but he knew he was faster than he could have been. ”well, at least you know something. Obviously more than me. Well let’s go with what we have so far.” Varian said. Placing his hand palm out on the table white wind swirled around his hand forming a circle around his entire hand, he wouldn’t fire off the offensive spell, just keep the 1st phase of the spell there. But quickly ending it, ”did my magic at the time look like this, or resemble this? I doubt it did, I think I got this recently but I don’t know. Secondly, what did we talk about? If there’s any kind of trail I could follow back to my history or old life I’d like to know?” Varian said. He sat quietly for a moment, would the history even be his if he couldn’t remeber it. There’s not even a guarantee that there’s be a snap and that’s he’d remeber it. All he could do was hope.

1425/1450:

#11Odin † 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Odin †

Naturally, given how vague Odin was being, the man wasn't sure exactly what he had to now go on, but the mention of his magic did seem to spark something in the boy's mind, perhaps a former memory, or perhaps not. He swirled some wind in his hand, before quickly cancelling it, asking the Lich -who took another sip of his wine glass- if the magic was similar to what he had used back then. Honestly, Odin hadn't seen much of the man's prowess, only the one spell, but it certainly hadn't been anything like the wind he now used. This wind had some kind of light properties, and even looking at it irritated Odin, although his face betrayed nothing of this. "No, your current magic seems to be a new development, sorry I can't help more with that."

Then came the obvious question that Odin was expecting: the question of what they had been discussing. Naturally, the Lich couldn't just calmly bring up the mention of the guild, especially since the man had forgotten about it completely, and perhaps now hated what they once stood for, despite having once been a member. However, Odin had a way with words, having gained it from his times as a bartender. He knew how to talk to people, how to tell the truth without revealing too much, a form of lying that was much more difficult to catch out, as it was not a lie at all, and it was a skill he had employed many times in the past, this was nothing new.

"From what I can remember, you were in Dahlia looking for a dark guild. I think you were wanting to join up with one, so i pointed you to Oak town, since I know that's where Phantom Lord make their base. Other than that, it was mostly me praising your resourcefulness at not being killed by the lycans."

#12Varian 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Varian
As Lucifer continued to speak he answered Varian’s questions sparingly,
He seemed to know little, which was depressing. ”so I had an old magic? Magic is a part of who someone was so I wonder if it had any special reason to me.” Varian said. He had no idea what his life was becoming. He was probably cursed with whatever mark was on his chest, and he had no idea of his past self. Varian finished off his drink and groaned under his breath. ”I have to thankyou for this, I guess i now know I had some kind of life beforehand. I just wish to know what it was, imagine having something that you know existed but you can’t ever see it.” Varian groaned again, ”do you know which darkvuild I was looking to join, there is phantom lord and the one that had recently being attacking crocus itself. I can’t remeber its exact name but it’s still something I could have been in. If you have any Inkling that’d be greatly appreciated. “ Varian said.

He had no idea who he was in his past life, was he even that person anymore? He was him, he was Varian Chevalier, a character in book, it wasn’t even his name. He looked down at Bega then returned his gaze to Odin

#13Odin † 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 am

Odin †

Varian raised an interesting point as Odin spoke of his past, wondering if his magic had any kind of importance to him before he had lost it. That meant he had changed magics to his current wind magic while still a member of Grimoire Heart, likely just before leaving the guild. Magic did make up a part of who someone was, but people constantly evolved, Odin knew that better than most. His magic had once involved the demon Lucifer, and he had evolved from that day and was now stronger, using a different magic. "Magic is a useful means of identification, and it always feels personal, but then why would you have changed if it was truly special? People change all the time, and their magics change with them, perhaps your current power is a better representation of who you are."

It was ridiculously cliché, but it felt good for Odin to say, both for the man and for him personally. The man then began to talk of wishing he could know who he had been, and wondering aloud if Odin knew the feeling, although it was clearly rhetorical. Odin, amusingly, did understand somewhat, as he had lost all memory of his life before turning eight years old, and had no idea what had happened to his mother, who he never remembers knowing.

Then the fun question came, and the one that Odin would have to lie about. Luckily, as a Lich, his face was a skull, and a skull rarely showed emotion, or any twitches. Those motions were due to muscles and nerves, neither of which Odin possessed now. So he could lie freely without ever being discovered, which he was about to do. he felt bad, as he wanted to tell this man the truth, but rules were rules.

"I'm afraid I don't know which one you eventually joined, if any. You asked if I knew of any, and I only knew Phantom Lord's location, I'm sorry I can't help you there."

#14Varian 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Varian
The lich helped Varian to the best of his abilities and stated that magic was a good way to identify people, but it changed, just like people so that oculd have been exactly what had happened to Varian.

Unfortunately Varian was unsuccessful in learning what he didn with the dark guild information that the lich had apparently given him a long time ago. Varian thought for a few moments but then finally leaned back in his seat and sighed. "Thank you for all the information, its wonderful to at least know there is some kind of backstory to who I am.
But you've given me all the information you have,
so as token of my appreciation I'd like to buy you another glass of that wine."
Varian said. He waved over the bar tender and had a bottle of wine, the same kind as lucifer drank placed infront of them. "Please, enjoy, its my symbol of thanks to you." Varian said. He poured himself a little bit and took another sip, maybe forgetting a little bit more wouldn't hurt anyone. Tipping the glass up, he took a long sip, downing a third of the glass.

#15Odin † 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:52 am

Odin †

With Odin having given the man all the information he could, Varian seemed to be content, if a little disappointed that there wasn't more. His frustration wasn't directed at the Lich at all, however, as he thanked Odin for giving all he could, even going so far as to give him a reward of sorts for helping out, summoning over the bartender and requesting another bottle of the same wine Odin had been drinking, which was nice as Odin had just finished the first bottle. Varian himself poured a glass, before Odin copied the action and also took a swig, enjoying the brief glimmer of taste that he could before it evaporated in his system. He enjoyed the taste of the wine, this had become a personal favourite of his now, but the reality of being a Lich hit him now, and he would never be able to enjoy it truly again.

About ten minutes then passed, with Odin simply drinking until the bottle was nearly depleted, before standing up. He had given the man the information he could, and had also gained some new insight into Grimoire Heart's practices, so the exchanged had worked both ways nicely, but now it was coming to a close. His skull in a perpetual smile, Odin bade the man farewell before exiting the inn, keeping a mental note of the name of the wine so he could get some for his bar when next he was back in Oak.

-Exit-

#16Varian 

A Lich and a Fairy [Varian] Empty Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:24 am

Varian
Fiche pair sat and drank for a short time, with Varian consuming most of its contents. After awhile the lich stood up and thanked Varian for the wine and then left. Leaving Varian to wallow.

He sat in the same chair, Vega asleep in his lap for some time. But eventually he was sober enough to talk home. He stumbled through the night streets, Vega st adding protectively by his side the entire time. When he got home he wretched in the toilet, he had become very dizzzy. Cleaning out his mouth he prepared himself for bed. He felt like some kind of puppet, going through the motions. Step 1- completed
Step 2- completed
And that was how his life felt at the moment.

As he sat in the bed he thought himself to sleep. Rummaging over the things that had been said while the pair had been talking. Varian’s pursuit of a darkguild, which was confusing, he had once been a memeber of a dark guild. But now he had joined fairy tail. His magic had changed, and who knew how many times that was. It could have been once it could have been ten times. His brain was a mess as he fell asleep

-exit-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum