Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phantom in the Streets, Freak in the Sheets [PL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Bodak 

on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
She sat on a bench outside of some random shop. She didn't really tell him a spot to meet up, only that they would. It was an afterthought, perhaps a note or a plan would have been best before leaving the guild, or perhaps even walking with him. No matter, what was done, was done.

It was the main street, vendors surrounded the sidewalks and walls. Bodak was in the main clearing. She had found a few stores that interested her, none that served the purpose of decoration, unless one considered dismembered corpses decoration.

"What a pity." she would say to herself. "Maybe if I could gather the others as well, this could have been a fun day for us all."

She waited for the man that could barely hold his drink. The one that dizzily made his way to his new room. The lost boy. The one whose name she couldn't remember. Travis? Trevor? Tokka? Tel? Whatever it was, she was sure to find it in her records in her room, but for today it would have no meaning. For now they would enjoy themselves and do a bit of window shopping.

But the large backpack Bodak brought with her, would say otherwise. But only she needed to know what was inside.
213 words | @Phantom_Lord | Denim short sleeved body suit (Avatar)

#2Tecka Majora 

on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:30 am

"We're gonna go shopping!"

Tecka said aloud mimicking his fellow guild member, although his rendition was nothing like he had remembered her to be in person. He scoffed, "Pssh, yeah we can pay with our imaginations." His tone was sarcastic and not at all pleased. Ever since he'd lost the fight, if it could even be called a fight, with his fellow guild member he wasn't in the best of moods. It wasn't even the fact that he had lost the fight. It was the cause of the result, that led to such an eventful and unforeseen outcome. He was weak.

Oak town was...well oak town as per usual. Dirt here, dirt there, and an ounce of innocence leaking through the shrouds of darkness everyone tended to be clouded in. This time around though, everything hadn't seemed so glum. The sun had a nice shine, the wind was calm, and the market was buzzing with customers and salespersons alike. Bargains, deals, sales, oddities, rarities, trinkets, and the like sold together with an everyday need at every stand, like clothes, groceries. It was like he black market of legal things, and it certainly wasn't everyday you would see your magical death-bringing sword sold next to a bakers dozen of freshly laid eggs.

Nonetheless, Tecka made his way past a great sum of stands and stores. The streets, his only way of guiding through the clutter. He wasn't necessarily in a rush but he still had someone he wanted to see, this same someone who had agreed upon going to shop. It didn't cease to amaze him, that despite how much dirt someone could do, they'd still be able to lurk among those who were clean. No matter how much darkness one has welled, there was still just enough room for them to roam the shadows within the light. The black haired young man's eyes swept from street side to street side, with no hesitation trying to separate one singular person's identity from the rest.

This continued for a couple of minutes until he'd seen her frame, and complexion in the glow of the sun. At first his eyes had even gone over her without a second thought until it registered in his brain that he'd found who he was looking for. In a circular ocular motion, his gazed came back around to her general area, spotting her on the bench outside of a store between a few stands for magic shoes.

He strolled towards her, trying his best to sneak up without startling Bodak. Once within a semi-close area, he felt as if it was time to brighten himself up, deciding to play a small prank. With the loudest voice he could muster, he shouted from the direction behind his fellow guild-mate at an attempt of frightening her and gaining her attention "YOOOOOOO, BOOOOOOOOOOOODDAAAAKK!" Though his outside voice wasn't used very often and still needed practice, the yell was good enough to get the job done- conveying depth and spontaneous volume.

After yelling he would walk around to the bench where she had been sitting, purposely looking away from the woman with a blank face before taking a seat and jokingly asking "Did you miss me?" in a much lowered tone. It was quite new and very different, that Tecka would find humor let alone create it in something outside of combat; which would explain why he wasn't very good at it. His jokes would seem very overdone or loud and boisterous to bystanders probably, his thoughts on the topic were based on his preconceived notion from what he's heard of comedy.

It clearly wasn't his strong suit, that lied more so in sarcasm and spiteful negative comments. Change wasn't so bad every once in a while.

#3Bodak 

on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:20 am

Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
"I miss eating." she would answer, as if his yelling was nothing new to her. In her mind, it was babysitting a child who was all but lost. In truth, they were about the same age. But for now, Bodak held superior ranking, despite her unwillingness to even attempt to better her own skills.

She reached into the back and grabbed one of the many little sacks within. "I need a drink. You need clothing and furniture. I also need to find three dozen beeswax candles and thirteen vials of elf blood. . . And something about eggshell dust from some magical bird. " She would pull out two sacks of coins and gems, both around the size of a softball.

"It's probably best if we don't ask whys, and ask only wheres." she spoke, wondering if he was ready to go, or if something crossed his mind. He was in a different mood than before, much lighter and friendly. Either he had the best day ever, or the worst and he was trying to cover it up. Either way, Bodak didn't really care, she had a guild to reshape.

She was going to tear down the guild, wing by wing until it was in the image she desired. As it stood, there was too much left unknown and missed. There was no roster, nor clear way to designate everyone. She had to use only what she knew, and she knew less than half of the guild. The rest were out doing missions and probably didn't even know of Shura's rising. She had to prepare for that. She had to prepare for all of it.
275 words | @Phantom_Lord | Denim short sleeved body suit (Avatar)

#4Tecka Majora 

on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:58 am

"Figures."

Replied Tecka. Though he'd barely known her for very long, the response was expected. He began to shrug, before continuing "I actually haven't eaten in a while either..." Suddenly, Bodak began listing off needs of both of the mages though most of the items more what she needed for whatever mysterious rituals she had planned. The thought of Phantom Lord being a cult in actuality, had sounded reasonable again, more and more so with each item the woman listed off. Just as Tecka had begun to roll his eyes at the thought of obtaining such things with no currency or valuable to exchange, its almost as if Bodak re-rolled his eyes back the opposite way. From her large bag, she unveiled two large sacks presumably with the currency the black haired young man earlier had doubted they would have.

"Aaaannd my suspicions of having joined a cult are back." he mumbled. Listening to her again, or sort of listening-he replied to the woman in short "I thought we were just gonna watch people buy things. But, of course that's not the case. So, where should we start?" Tecka stood, eyeing the nearby store's display signs for something legible that resembled any of what the duo had needed. He hadn't quite remembered what Bodak needed and hoped she would point the way for him to simply follow. If anything he planned on it being quite the adventure.

"Oh hey, guess who lost a fight recently?" he said with a peppy sarcastic tone, not expecting a response that wouldn't match his sarcasm. "By the way-I can vouch, that sort of thing doesn't happen a lot." He finished while staring into a distance away from nearby pursuers of merchandise and normal people. He hadn't wanted to look at them, anyone really. Whenever he did, they had reminded him that he wasn't special, that we was just like them. Deep down, it reminded him that he was weak.

Though possibly being the first time he'd discovered masking his emotions through humor he found it to be short lived and not truly fulfilling for others. He'd more so expected people to laugh at his pain rather than ignore it altogether.

#5Bodak 

on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
"Phantom Lord is not a cult. However depending who you ask, I guess the Manji Clan is." She said it as a half joke, but it was true. People devoted their lives to a god they didn't believe it. It was a way to let their stress free, believing in a higher power. Though, many of them thought of it as a way to calm themselves, and only few knew that this god was a real person, collecting information. Though, the money they obtained was simply taxes paid for each job they completed. The mages got a cut, handed directly to them, and the guild got their cut. It was just how things worked out. Everyone won in the end, besides it wasn't like the others didn't do it.

"We can start with your clothing, and go from there." he would tell him the plan. They would hop from each others needs for that day, and at the end of it, it would be done. Besides, most of the stores Bodak needed to visit didn't open until after sundown. She looked around, wondering where the best place would be. Perhaps adventure would be a good start.

". . . Did you rely on magic or items?" she would ask, partly curious. The Manji had a way to always find themselves in this place. It seemed as if everyone relied on a given skill, rather than a learned one. Perhaps today would be the day she would devote her soul back to the god that granted her her own life. Maybe.

Bodak would find her answers soon enough, but after this day was done there was no time to relax. She had already tasked herself with rebuilding a part of the guild. Others were tasked with cleaning up to ease her work when they both would return that night.
308 words | @Phantom_Lord | Denim short sleeved body suit (Avatar)

#6Aria Scylar 

on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:19 am

Aria had been in the streets of Oak today, looking through windows of the shops. She didn't really know what she was looking for, but she knew that it wasn't anything important. She had really just been out to mess with people, and she had already done that a few times. People were complaining to others about missing hats, wallets, and other things, and it was all because of her. She didn't have anything interesting to do, and some things she did on a normal basis happened to grow boring, so messing with people was kind of a treat for her. She had been watching he next victim when she had ended up tripping over a woman, which had made her fall inches away from the two people. "Oh I'm sorrrryyyyy, that was an accident." This woman had been talking with a man, and the two of them had seemed pretty interesting. Maybe she could slither her way into this conversation and learn a thing or two about these people. "Well I'm Aria, nice to meet ya," she said sticking her hand out to the woman, trying to clear up the air. This shouldn't be too tough, even though she didn't like people too much. She would have to deal with them sometime, as she was one too after all. She looked around for a second before her eyes fell on the woman again, and she had made sure to watch her every move, just in case she was a mage to and attacked her. She was going to try to be peaceful here, and it would need to stay that way if she were to make friends with these two people.

282/200

#7Tecka Majora 

on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:55 am

"Uh-huh"

he listened to the woman's words, as they hadn't entirely fallen on deaf ears. With every other word he attempted a nod of semi-attentive response, but deep down he had still be a bit saddened that they wouldn't start with grabbing something to eat. When her questioning had come back around, Tecka replied swiftly, almost as if honor bound "With every bout i've undertaken, and emerged victorious-I've relied solely on the strength provided to me by my own two fists. I guess I thought that having this bit of magic too would make me even better." He paused to briefly reflect on the mistakes he'd made. "I also suppose that's why I lost. Simply underestimating my opponent."

As the last few words had exited his lips, something strange had begun to take place. A silver and black clad woman had just been strolling by and happened to trip over Bodak's shoe. Tecka hadn't truly known what to say, as this girl had dark purple hair with bright purple eyes, quite unlike anything he had every seen before. He wasn't sure whether to say something or remain quite, so he'd gone against his first mind.

"Are you okay?" he replied. The woman had seemed to be focused on Bodak, so it might've been best that he not interfere had they decided to have some kind of ceremonious greeting. He scoffed before mumbling under his breath, "Pssh, Cults."

#8Bodak 

on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:15 pm

Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
Insignificant beings.

Humans were gross, pitiful creatures. However, she had not forgotten, she too was once a human, and still now she remained.

It always seemed as if the scum of the earth, the ill that were born from petri dishes of society always found there way to the top, in the place they would never belong. "Bo-Ki." she would say in reply. It was courtesy to give her that much, since she had given her name.

"C'mon Tecka we got work to do, I'd like to get this done before we gotta go back up that damn mountain."

It wasn't that she had anything to feel towards the woman, she simply had no reason to. She was a nobody. She had no importance. She was interrupting a day of activity. She didn't matter.

But of course, that could be false. Maybe she was useful. But for now, she was in the way. One day, probably not today, she would have her moment. But until then, she was another body in the crowd, and if it came down to it, she would be another one under ground.
@Phantom_Lord | Denim short sleeved body suit (Avatar)

#9Tecka Majora 

Today at 6:27 am

"All right then let's hurry, before we lose daylight.

He agreed with Bodak in wanting to keep moving. He was sure that the woman they'd briefly met was okay. It's not as if the trip she had, was a fatal stumble onto a dagger or into a pit of poisonous spikes..

He began walking from where they were previously towards the nearest street vendor. The first he'd happened upon seemed to have been selling not only food but clothing as well. Also clothing that made food, clothing that was food, and food that was clothing. None of which Tecka felt as if he had the brain power to try and comprehend but all of them having an edible aspect to them increased the amount of appeal for the black haired young man. He would swiftly continue the the next vendor withiut even saying so much as a greeting to the last. This one had sold swords, nothing of interest to him. If anytbing he sould prefer to use his fists.

In his book, that was the manliest a man could get, but tecka did admit somewhere within that swords did have cool aspects about them design wise. He'd continue walking forwards, beginning to speak to Bodak without looking back. "Hey. You must be pretty strong to be able to run this guild by yourself, at least while our acting guild master is out and about. How'd you get that way? Do you even use magic?"

He'd stumble forward a few more steps before trying to sneakily tack on at the end and can we grab something to eat, any more window shopping food and i might start eating my clothes." Tecka was going for about three days so far without food, the last of it lost to a 3year old in a knife fight the other day, but even then he'd gotten off some good hits. Then getting beat by the silver haired boy the other day made him hungry and tired, and had brought back some foggy memories as well. Looking down at his dress attire he remarked aloud "I probably have a funny after taste and my clothes probably taste like soot."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum