Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Seta Kaiba 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:50 am

Seta Kaiba

The Number One Duelist:

Seta Kaiba

It was not unusual for the heiress to the Kaiba household to be wandering inside the Artisan's building. Not only was she by status a noble, but also a businesswoman so when she had decided to use her connections with a certain 'master' of artifacts the young woman found herself at a spacious store, busily conversing with the owner. "I'm not sure Lady Seta, the material of this relic is unlike any raw minerals or gems I seen before." Seta frowned at the comment of the man. So even a master of relics did not know the origins of this golden rod?

"... So my time here was wasted." The brunette groaned in annoyance, clearly displeased as she picked up the rod and placed it back inside the special suitcase, but right before she could leave the man mentioned with a hint of curiosity. "Although I did see some relics before that were made of a similar material. I believe you might find some references in the library about them."

Other relics... Suddenly recalling the sarcophagus inside the room Seta recalled an important detail, one she had almost forgotten in her excitement: There were several engravings on the sarcophagus that looked like something fit in them... could it be that they were part of a set? A hand raised to her chin as she thought for a moment before nodding her head slightly in affirmation. "I guess I know where to go next."

It didn't take long for Seta to make her way outside the store, a glimpse around the area confirming that even this early in the morning business was already bustling for the Artisans, something that made her idly muse whether it was normal for that to be the case so quickly after the war.

However, in that moment as she idly pondered a rough hand slipped over her own, and just as she was about to turn away to face the one it belonged to a rough tug made the suitcase be pulled out of her hand! "HEY!" Seta's eyes narrowed into a glare as the man made a beeline toward the busy passage, easily bumping past the shopping citizen while Seta found herself slowed down by each person that she bumped against.

"Shit, at this rate that bastard is going to get away with the relic." A hand slipped toward the holster of her deck, wondering if she should take the opportunity to summon her trustworthy Battle Ox, but then again summoning a two meters large minotaur was surely going to provoke a panic, enough to give the man a chance to slip away unnoticed!

It was just around the time the thief was nearing the exit of the artisan building that her voice resounded from behind him. "Stop that thief!"

While people were starting to scatter and look onwards curiously the thief who had tried to take the opportunity to escape was blissfully unaware he was about to bump in a certain person, who despite the name wasn' that 'Lil'

#2Wayne 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:13 am

Wayne
Wayne Beeztlzbub
The Phantom Knight

"Chisu . . . "

He stared at the tall board, minding his own business. It wasn't anything else new to him, or rather, it was all new to him. That large rectangle and all of the shapes and colors inside. He felt lost, he felt like a child again. He could have asked Mikiko, but she was none too nice to him.

"Lady Chisu . . . . "

He lifted his index finger to his lips and begun to chew at his nail. He stared at the board before he figured out it was a map. The only question was, where was he going, and how he would get there. He scratched his head, thinking about what that old man told him. Was it a store? Was it a church? Maybe he was supposed to check up on someone.

"Chisuuuuuu . . . " He whined. ". . . I don't know how to reaaaaddd..."

For a man of some known nobility, and someone with higher problem solving skills, he was not one who knew how to read. He was a knowledgeable man, but sitting in seminars and listening to others did none to wisen his skill to read.

"Oof!" The voice came at his side. With his left hand at his head, he looked over to find a strange man with his face in Wayne's armpit and a case in his hands.

"Why do you touch Wayne?" He asked, laying down his arms, his forearm pressing against the man's back, squeezing the man. "Wayne does not like being touched!" and he would begin to press the man, the power of his weight carried full.

Whoever this man was, he ran into a big problem.

#3Seta Kaiba 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:32 am

Seta Kaiba

The Number One Duelist:

Seta Kaiba

It appeared the thief had just run into a bout of misfortune, for right when he reached the exit Seta had ran out of patience, a hand reaching for the holster yet in the same instant the brunette saw a rather impressively build man squeezing the thief... beneath his arm-pit? The thief screamed and flailed in panic, and she could have sworn she heard bones cracking beneath the pressure of the stranger's weight. With the crate slipping out of the man's hand Seta was quick to retrieve the case and upon taking a step backward looked up at the giant of a man. "..." A glimpse down to his armpit was made where the thief was starting to spasm and she stated with a bit of sarcasm. "You might want to stop squeezing, Wayne was it?"

Her free hand was raised toward the thief, a pointing gesture as she explained further. "At this rate you might get into troubles for killing that man, and troubles for you means troubles for me this time around, and you could say 'Seta doesn't like troubles!'" Adding the last bit with a mimic of the giant's tone she heaved the case over her should and mused softly. "Not that I mind if you end up crushing that thief's limbs."

Indeed, she wasn't exactly a big fan of thieves in general. But there was one thing that left her a bit curious. Where in the world did that man get the strength to crush an adult with his bare hands? Was it merely his weight, or was there something else that contributed to that inhuman strength? She was actually feeling a bit curious about that, but refrained from asking for the time being.

#4Wayne 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:46 am

Wayne
Wayne Beeztlzbub
The Phantom Knight

"Do you make fun of Wayne?" He would narrow his eyes at the girl. Surely she looked as if the case belonged to her, but there was the chance he was the owner and she was the thief. Chisu never gave him an order to do however, and neither seemed to be an issue. But he could vague remember someone calling for him to stop, so surely this was the bad man.

He would continue to squeeze however, turning slightly to change his target from the man's back and head to his arms and legs. He would face the woman, his gaze unshifting as he would begin to stand on his legs and press at his arms.

"Wayne does not like crime. This man assaulted a Rune Knight, which Wayne is." He would twist his foot, breaking a few bones, the man crying in agony. Wayne always did his job, even if he wasn't the cleanest at doing so. He would hoist the man behind him. He was going to get locked up, and it would be all sorted. If the girl came along perhaps it would make him get a better name for himself, for actually doing his job.

"Wayne brings no trouble for Seta." he would say, "Seta may follow Wayne to make this man rot in a cell, mhm." He'd be lying if he wasn't proud of himself. maybe Chisu would be too.

As long as he didn't need to talk to Miki again. Wayne did not like that woman. . . even if she looked like Lady Chisu.

#5Seta Kaiba 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:57 am

Seta Kaiba

The Number One Duelist:

Seta Kaiba

"Oh not at all, I was merely trying to speak in a way that suits your conversations." She was arrogant and haughty for sure, and while her tone might had been dripping with sarcasm she was not the type to forget a favor, so after a moment she mused out loud. "I guess I shall accompany you, so that you may regal the tale to your superiors of how you defended a noble of Crocus from being robbed and earn yourself a pleasant compliment and a pat on the shoulder, I guess? Don't know what it is that Rune Knights usually get."

The brunette shrugged her shoulders lightly as she stepped beside Wayne and explained further. "Either way, the case is back where it belongs, I am Seta Kaiba, heiress to the Kaiba household of Crocus and the owner of the case that thief had stolen." As she waited for Wayne to guide her toward the barracks or whatever location he would dump the broken and beaten thief at Seta soon mused out loud. "While I could have caught him myself, I believe the means for it would have caused needless unrest. Imagine suddenly having a big guy like yourself appear in the Artisan's Building? Not increase this effect by turning said guy into a giant Minotaur and you'll understand why I couldn't use my magic." It certainly sounded like she was trying to cover up the fact that she was too hesitant to summon the Battle Ox in the middle of the crowded passage...

#6Wayne 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:11 am

Wayne
Wayne Beeztlzbub
The Phantom Knight

"Seta might be a noble," Wayne would speak in reply, his own crude humor shining through, "but you are not noble." It might have not made sense, but to him, it made the perfect sense. She was much too full of herself, it reminded him of that cursed girl Mikiko. She only wanted to trick people into getting stronger, for her benefit. His magic may have been weak, but given by the same god, he was nothing more than magic food for her. He hated it, and he hated her.

He would turn to face where the capital was, the only place he seemed to know by heart. If they could make it there, he would find a place to drop off that thief. He may not have had a good rank, but he was far from the bottom. Having a few peons was good from time to time.

"Wayne has no need to rely on magic." he would tell the woman, "Even if the Manji Magic has graced Wayne, he has no need for such a skill." He would look forward and continue to walk, only to turn to her and add more to his little lecture. "Wayne does not rely on his magic, no one should. Those that do, are worth less than thieves like this man,"

Wise words from a man called little. . . .

He never liked the idea of having other objects, or skills as a crutch. a Jack of all trades may be a King of nothing, but to master one skill alone, is to set yourself up for a crippling failure at one slight mistake. . .

#7Seta Kaiba 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:22 am

Seta Kaiba

The Number One Duelist:

Seta Kaiba

"You might be right about that." Seta mused softly as Wayne called her out on the fact that despite the fact she was part of the noble class she was not exactly a noble in mind. "I am as far from noble in nature that you could possibly imagine. Then again, that's what it took to get this far." Her confident look briefly had a shadow cross her visage as a more serious and thoughtful expression crossed her visage. "If it wasn't then me and my siblings would still be rotting in that orphanage..." Shaking her head lightly in an effort to banish the thoughts from her mind Seta turned her focus to Wayne as he remarked not having needed to use any magic to restrain the thief earlier, so that was indeed raw strength? Fascinating...

"I'm inclined to agree with you yet again Wayne, a powerful magic or a clever mind is nothing without a strong body to support it." She tapped a hand lightly to her waist once more and mused softly. "Then again, you could say I'm an 'Apprentice of All, Master of None' when it came to my current skills."

Indeed, to say that her magic was versitable would be quite an understatement...

#8Wayne 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:49 am

Wayne
Wayne Beeztlzbub
The Phantom Knight

"Wayne goddammit!" The voice called out from behind them. They had moved a great deal from where they began, but still they didn't get far. The large man turned around to face the voice. He would greet it with a smile.

"Wayne found one thief. 1 count assaulting a knight, another for . . . theft of an unknown value." he would look at the girl, only for the other man to take the captive from his grasp. He wanted to put a price on it, but figured it was best left unsaid. "Wayne says grand theft, because Wayne says so."

The man would drag the man off to the side, taking his lifeless limbs into a tie. He was going to need help moving him, and if Wayne was freed, he had no need to follow up. The man would sigh and wave him off to do his own thing, as he always did. Wayne never did know his name, but surely he was a useful man.

He would turn back to the woman, a bit curious to her slight change of demeanor. "It does not matter where Seta came from, only where Seta is going." Wayne would speak in a late reply to her words, dwelling on his own passage. "Wayne inherited his job, but wishes to be much more. For now, Wayne is happy to not be with the Shrine Maidens." he would let out a shiver. The thought of being at their hands again was torture alone.

#9Seta Kaiba 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Seta Kaiba

The Number One Duelist:

Seta Kaiba

A hand raised to Seta's chin as she seemingly thought deeply about the surprisingly wise words spoken by Wayne, yet hearing his own passage to his statement she mused out loud. "I'm certain that given time and effort you can become much more Wayne. People often say that the famous people from stories and legends are born into greatness."

Her eyes narrowed slightly into a glare as she continued. "I believe that's a load of bullshit. Those born with power and influence often get jaded and lack the motivation to reach their true potential. It's those who struggle in the dirt, claw their way up to those golden pillars... Through their struggles and tribulations, they obtain the ability to nurture their potential and become something much greater... They are the ones who truly become worthy of legend and myth, those who become known as some of the greatest individuals in existence."

She had climbed her way from the dirt to nobility, but she was far from done, she had to keep on clawing her way upwards for the sake of those who counted on her. "Shrine Maidens? I recall hearing something about a different religion, rumors stirring in the shadows of society. The church likely would label them as a cult, and yet I have to admit I'm not versed well enough on religious matters to offer an honest opinion."

#10Wayne 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:38 pm

Wayne
Wayne Beeztlzbub
The Phantom Knight

"They are no cult, the church is a cult." he would turn to face her, his dememor changed to a more troubled tone. "The bishop is a cruel man who sends out people to kill those who oppose him." He knew the truth, but why didn't he fight it? Was he too weak? Probably, but in honesty it was far above his pay grade. Even if he went to Dahlia, he would never get the support he needed. Besides, he was going to stay as far away from the temple as possible. If Miki's teacher was there, she was bound to be worse.

"The Manji are not bad people. Wayne does not like the Shrine Maidens. They are in it for themselves and only pretend to help you for. Shrine Maidens help you, for them." He hated her, but the connection between them, and the god that blessed him was for his own good. He was better off where he was now, and he had to honor it, even slight. He owed them much, but he hated dealing with that horrid woman.

"Wayne practices and often prays at the shrine." he would say, "Manjis have given Wayne great skill and power to become a good knight. Wayne likes being a good knight."

He was no corrupt man. He would never let evil taint him, never again,

#11Seta Kaiba 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Seta Kaiba

The Number One Duelist:

Seta Kaiba

"Oh? That's quite an interesting opinion to hear~" Seta mused with a hint of genuine curiosity in her reaction. It was not often that she found someone speak so strongly against the church, especially inside the Capital where their influence was at its greatest. "Are you talking about the Holy Knights perchance?" The young woman asked when Wayvne commented about the bishop and the whole sending out people to murder those who opposed him.

Then again, she imagined it likely was a matter that went beyond the responsibilities of a Rune Knight, so she could imagine he wouldn't get much support with an opinion like that. However, she was still a bit curious about those shrine maidens he mentioned before.

"The Manji? Are they a family? I guess the Shrine Maidens must be related to them?" She asked with a clear interest noticeable in her tone while at the same time his explanation about them made her smile weakly. "Sounds like they consider their shrine a business rather than a place of faith then."

However, his explanation briefly caused her to tilt her head slightly to the side, a curious glance being given him. "So the Manji provided you with a type of power? Seems like a familiar story." For a moment her eyes were cast down onto the case in her hand before finally focusing back on the final part of their conversation. "What do you believe makes a good knight Wayne?"

Last edited by Seta Kaiba on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

#12Wayne 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 pm

Wayne
Wayne Beeztlzbub
The Phantom Knight

"Wayne does not get paid enough to even think of the Illumin." That was what they were called right? The order of light? Illuminate. That was what they sounded like, and perhaps that was the reason for the title. "Wayne is talking about Santos." It was true, but perhaps Santos's reach was only to those who believed in the Manji Gods. That would leave Wayne alone, save for the Bloodline.

"Those who offer themselves to the gods will become the family." he would tell the girl. "Wayne gave them his honor, the Manji gave him power and a family. Others give their souls and get much more than just a mother." Oh Chisu. Where was Chisu? He needed her guidance. Oh he didn't want to talk to Mikiko again . . .

"A good knight is one that does what is right, and not what is ordered of him." That was his answer, and that was his stance on the world. It was what he believed. "Sometimes those that give people what they need, instead of what people want, are the true heroes."

And in a sense, he was right. But would his ideals last long in his field of work? Who was to say. Who made him the way he was?

#13Seta Kaiba 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:20 am

Seta Kaiba

The Number One Duelist:

Seta Kaiba

"Heh~ Most people never get paid enough to stick their nose into troubles~" Seta quipped at Wayne's remark on the whole matter of thinking on the matter of the Illumin. But she had to admit that when he continued speaking that an unfamiliar name reached her ears.
"Santos... I don't recall reading about them in the Crocus library before." A hand reached for her chin as she thought about the matter for a moment. Maybe she should ask Mokuba about it? He was the type of person who loved to read about myths and legends so perhaps he heard about this 'Santos' before.

"I'm afraid I'd have to disappoint you Wayne, although I can understand that some people leave their future into the hands of their faith, I don't believe in something like a 'destiny' predetermined by a deity. The only one I believe who holds the power to decide my future is myself."

Yet she couldn't help but frown for a moment as Wayne provided her with yet another fragment of information: The Manji gave Wayne his source of power and a family, suggesting that for him the Manji were similar to what the Kaiba household was for her. The Kaiba family gave her the chance to pull herself and her siblings out from the dirt of society, granting her the chance to struggle in this rather cold and harsh world.

"I see, so you believe a good knight is guided by their morals and sense of duty rather than their superiors. Yet, keep in mind the definition between right and wrong is very vague and often defined differently depending on the perspective you see it from." For example, some of her actions might have appeared as wrong, but in her eyes, they were all right choices to protect those dear to her...

#14Wayne 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Wayne
Wayne Beeztlzbub
The Phantom Knight

"Men fill their hearts will greed. No number of knights can clean Fiore. With Light, a shadow will always be cast." It was how he felt in that moment, and to an extent it was true. Peace was nothing impossible, but it was reached with balance. When good allowed evil, and when evil no longer conflicted with good. Peace was when both sides were equally as dirty as they were clean. When good was no longer pure, and when evil was no longer sinister, Wayne would find his pleasurable world peace. For even if evil was ended today... it would always rise again.

No one was perfect in this world, and even the large bald man could grasp that. "Wayne's god does not know the future of our lives, and neither do we. But she knows what lives in our souls. She can tell us things we cannot find out by other means, or else hard work. But all shortcuts come at a cost." He would sigh, thinking only of the woman he could call his relative.

"Wayne could never give up his soul like the Shrine Maidens." he knew of their great devotion. They gave up everything for their eternal powers and knowledge. Great power came at great cost, if not responsibility.

That was the price to pay to the gods, but in the eyes of those who knew the truth, perhaps she was a demon.

#15Seta Kaiba 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Seta Kaiba

The Number One Duelist:

Seta Kaiba

A brief chuckle escaped her lips, in the end, she was old enough to know greed was a natural aspect of human society, one could even say that without greed humans would cease to be human. However, when Wayne mentioned that no number of knights could possibly accomplish the task of cleansing Fiore of the darkness that tainted it, she had to admit she was interested to hear a Rune Knight of all possible people saying that.

Still, Wayne's talk about his god made her avert her gaze for a moment. Yet another religious moment of gods and destiny? Although she didn't say it out loud, she considered the idea of depending on the influence of some sort of deity to be a foolish notion. It was men who decided men's destiny, not some sort of god or goddess! Not even a demon or devil could decide such a thing!

However, when he commented about shortcuts coming at a price she finally found a point to agree on, it was only by truly struggling and overcoming the trials and tribulations toward the goal that one could say they truly reached it, shortcomings always simply ended up in disasters. "I'd say that great power always comes with a great responsibility, those who don't wield the latter, don't deserve the former." But what cost did great power come with? Thinking back about her relic and how its power had overwhelmed her during the conflict against that Saiyan left her to think deeply on the matter.

"Your soul is your own, never bargain it like a chip, nothing in this world is worth that price."

#16Wayne 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 pm

Wayne
Wayne Beeztlzbub
The Phantom Knight

"Seta is most agreeable." he would answer in reply, his mind lingering on the possible rewards for his soul. What was any of them worth? Would it be foolish or wise to wish for the most for your soul in exchange of a god's ear? The idea both frightened and excited him. But he was no child and even he knew that this god had their limits.

But surely, if people sold their souls to this being, there was much to learn from her. Perhaps she was no god, but still her power was none to take lightly. He had to find his own answers, and perhaps taking his own pilgrimage to climb his own ranks would be goo enough for now. To offer his eyes to that deity would be enough for him to get more knowledge, as he had done before, as he does now.

Everything came with a cost. But some, had more funds to freely express than others. Perhaps that is the price of a soul.

"Wayne must... be excused. Perhaps Wayne will find Seta another day." With that he would wave at the woman and begin to walk in another direction.

There was much to consider.

[exit]

#17Seta Kaiba 

Turnabout Chase [Lil Wayne] Empty Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:56 pm

Seta Kaiba

The Number One Duelist:

Seta Kaiba

"Take care Wayne." Her response was short and to the point, a light wave with her free hand following as she watched the Rune Knight depart, leaving her to ponder her thoughts a bit further. So the relic in her possession belonged to a collection, and while it left her curious about the nature and the whereabouts of those items, she wasn't entirely certain whether she would be able to obtain all of them, in the end she knew that not all things could be gained through monetary trades, and theft was something she would never lower herself to.

No, the relic in her possession was enough for her to think about for the time being. Why did it grant her the power to turn the concept of her cards into reality? Not to mention why did her adoptive father have the treasure map leading toward the relic? As far as she knew the head of the Kaiba household held no interest in myths or legends, so why in the world did he have that map? Question after question came to occupy her thoughts as she made her way back to the Kaiba estate. For the time being she would continue to search for the nature of this mysterious object in her possession.

[EXIT]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum