Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

In the Night Kitchen [Solo]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

#26Houren Vanadis 

on Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:02 am

"I might be going away for a while," the seasoned veteran said, and almost as thought he had magicked it out of thin air, he took a napkin from who knows where; perhaps another dimension or something like that, at this point the Fire Dragon Slayer still had no idea how strong this seasoned veteran who also happened to be his mentor, but it seemed like it was his wisdom that everyone respected him for, and not his innate strength. Still, he might have been a formidable mage in his own right, and there was even a degree of fear in Houren's psyche as he spoke to the seasoned veteran, perhaps for the first time in such serious terms. There was silence between the two for a bit, which the present day Houren observing the memory took note of; he remembered this meal quite clearly, and he was always under the impression that this silence between both the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail and the seasoned veteran was a lot longer than it was, but in reality, it must have lasted ten or so seconds at most. It had felt like ten minutes, and that wasn't exaggerating anything at all.

The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail was still confused by what was going on, and what the seasoned veteran who was also his mentor was saying, but more or less knew that the man was going to be leaving soon, and that this matter was one that was serious and deserved serious consideration. From the way he was speaking, Houren knew that this couldn't mean just a short trip or anything like that, since he was acting as though he was doing something incredibly bad, or inconveniencing many people, or perhaps this was just his normal routine that Houren did not know about yet, and would now be introduced to. "Going away for a while? What exactly do you mean by that?" this conversation did not put the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail off his appetite and he continued to eat while speaking to the seasoned veteran who was also his mentor.

The seasoned veteran looked around the room as though he were trying to pull some words out of thin air to explain exactly what it was that he meant by the fact that he was going to be going away for a while. "Even though I'm not as young as you, or as young as I used to be, I'm still afflicted with wanderlust, you know? Plus, I sort of have to earn money to support my family," the seasoned veteran who was also the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail's mentor sheepishly rubbed the back of his head and laughed. "In any case, the jewels that I earned in my last job maybe two years ago is running low. My wife has been getting on my case lately, and it looks like I'll need to go away on a job again. I've already picked one out," he dug into his pockets, took out a folded piece of paper, unfolded it and placed it flat on the table before pushing it towards Houren so he could see.

532/500

#27Houren Vanadis 

on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:18 am

The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail had been taking a sip of his iced water while the seasoned veteran was speaking, and the present day Houren who was watching this memory as an external party suddenly felt a flush of embarrassment as he remembered exactly what it is that happened next. The sudden revelation that the seasoned veteran who was also his mentor would be leaving for a long, long time, possibly years hit him, but that wasn't all; he was surprised by the fact that the seasoned veteran would be leaving, and later on, when the reality had truly sunk in, he would also feel sad but for now all he felt was extreme surprise that this guy actually got away with only doing a single quest in the past two years and had been idling away the rest of his time by playing pool in the guildhall.

Houren, as surprised as he was or because he was so surprised turned his head away and spat his drink out somewhere in what was more comedic than tragic. He wiped the mouth with the sleeve of the shirt he was wearing as he eyed down the seasoned veteran, who also wore a look of surprise on his face, probably because he wasn't expecting such a combustible reaction from the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail. They had known each other for quite a while now, but it wasn't as though they hung out often or everyday or anything like that, so it went without saying that there was still a lot of things about the seasoned veteran and his mentor that Houren didn't know about yet, but still this really was something else. The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail didn't know a guy existed in the a guild that could get away with doing one job every few years and still be allowed to take work.

"You're telling me you've just been playing around this whole time?" the Fire Dragon Slyer of Fairy Tail was shocked, but at the same time almost impressed that a guy could live this kind of carefree lifestyle, and still get away with it. He said he had a wife and kids, so naturally, the Fire Dragon Slayer's attention turned to the question whether they knew that he was just some sort of lazy bum that didn't do anything for 365 days a year until he found that the money was running out.

The seasoned veteran who was also Houren's mentor laughed out loud at this. "Didn't I tell you? Oh well, it must be because you never asked," he thought it was a riot, although the Fire Dragon Slayer would have different sentiments about this, considering he just learned his mentor was a guy who never did any work. "When I was your age, I used to be like you, you know. Nowadays, I don't need to. My name's already out there, and besides, there's nobody who doubts my ability to get the job done," he picked up his knife and fork.

510/500

#28Houren Vanadis 

on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:51 am

"Playing around is the wrong word for it Houren-kun!" the seasoned veteran replied in a shocked voice, as though the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail were accusing him of the most heinous crimes known to mankind. At this point, after picking up his knife and fork utensils, he was beginning to eat normally again as though a great weight had been lifted off his shoulders; probably he had been worried about telling the Fire Dragon Slayer this, probably a little bit scared about how the newly inducted (well, not so new anymore) Fairy Tail mage would respond, but since he wasn't nearly as volatile as his magic would suggest, the seasoned veteran who was also Houren's mentor could now eat in peace, knowing that there was no chance that Houren would lose his shit and start attacking him, especially not in a public place. It went without saying that his loud slurping and loud crunching also returned.

The seasoned veteran put a piece of meat into his mouth and chewed as though this were the most gourmet restaurant in the entire country, and that he was eating the finest roasted piece of meat to ever have been roasted in this world. "I'm not so young anymore, you know? I know I only look like your older brother of a few years, but I'm actually over 50 years old," the seasoned veteran thought himself a great riot as he spoke, pointing at the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail with the pronged end of his fork, a small chunk of meat still stuck there and dangling off the end. The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail was far from impressed though; no matter what, he didn't think it was alright that just because you were old, and maybe not going to live for much longer, you had the right to play around. He supposed it could be excused or overlooked if you were actually terminal ill, but even though this guy was over fifty, the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail genuinely thought that he would, himself, would be outlived by this old veteran, simply on the basis of vitality. He supposed that wasn't really true either though.

"So now that your coffers are running low, you're going to go on one last job before you retire? Is that what you're telling me right now?" after a long pause, the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail started eating, but of course, was much slower than the seasoned veteran who was also his mentor who was wolfing everything down as though there was no good food wherever it was where he was going for his quest.

"That's the case, more or less," he took a pause so he could properly swallow the bun he was eating before continuing to speak at a rapid pace. "Well, my kids are still young, so maybe this won't be my last mission, but you know what I mean, right?" he smirked, as he picked up another bun.

502/500

#29Houren Vanadis 

on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:39 am

The meal had winded down by this point and honestly, neither of them were still eating much at this point although there was still quite a bit of food left over. Houren was kind of sunk back on his chair, the way you tended to do when you had eaten too much and couldn't possibly sit upright anymore, whereas the seasoned veteran still didn't seem completely full. He had mentioned that he was full on several occasions and how he couldn't eat another bite, but immediately afterwards, he would say that it was an absolute pity to waste food and would eye what remained the roast beef with desire in his pupils. At this point though, he wasn't openly cutting the beef with his utensils, knife and fork, but instead just picking at it and occasionally taking a bite. Unlike before when it looked like he could eat the whole world though, he was eating and chewing and swallowing very slowly now. He was a monster when it came to eating, but it looked like even the seasoned veteran who also happened to be his mentor had his limits.

"Couldn't you make a living by entering competitive eating contests? I think you might be able to do quite well in a setting like that," the Fire Dragon Slayer commented, although he didn't do it with a tongue in cheek tongue or in a sarcastic tone. He was feeling a lot more down about the fact that the seasoned veteran would be leaving for a long time now than he thought he would, and perhaps this was just a futile suggestion on the Fire Dragon Slayer's part to get the seasoned veteran who was also his mentor to stay in Magnolia.

"That''s awfully hypocritical of you to say, Houren-kun," the seasoned veteran looked like he was finished with his meal already as he picked up one of the free toothpicks from the tooth pick container and began covering his mouth so that he could extract some pieces of meat that must have got caught in his teeth somehow. "You're always going to other cities for your quests and stuff, and when that happens, I'm the only one who has to wait for you. Don't you think you're being awfully unfair to your teacher?" the seasoned veteran laughed, but the Fire Dragon Slayer couldn't see the funny side of it.

"I'm never gone for years at a time, if you recall," he retorted, but he supposed he could understand the point that the seasoned veteran was trying to make as he did not verbally reply; he simply looked at Houren with this look of mischief on his face which forced the Fire Dragon Slayer to stay quiet. He turned his attention towards the window (they were lucky enough to get a good window seat), and looked at all the passers-by. It was a bit sad to see the seasoned veteran who had mentored him the past few months go, but he supposed he had to accept it at this point, didn't he?

510/500

#30Houren Vanadis 

on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:08 pm

"A moot point at this stage, don't you think?" the seasoned veteran picked up the menu that he had left by the window sill after all his food had came. The waiter from earlier had already collected the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail's menu, but the seasoned veteran who was also his mentor had purposely hid one, although why he had done so was completely unknown to Houren; but now it was obvious. Even though the Fairy Tail mage, the one of them who was a Fire Dragon Slayer believed that they would finish their main dishes and be done it with it, but that was certainly not the case. The seasoned veteran who also happened to be his mentor wasn't done eating at all and had hid the menu away so that he could order more from the restaurant later on; surely, he couldn't be thinking about ordering another main dish on top of the stuff that Houren had ordered earlier? He had ordered enough for a group of four or five people, after all, so this was certainly strange.

The seasoned veteran who was also Houren's mentor looked through the menu, and eventually came to his conclusion. Once he knew what he wanted, he turned his attention towards the counter where the waiter was standing idly since there wasn't much customers for him to attend to at the moment. The seasoned veteran and Houren were doing him a favour by giving him something to do, but at the same time, perhaps he was happy to just sit there and idle the day away. When he saw the seasoned veteran raise his hand, the waiter immediately showed up at their side, and it was at this stage of the memory that the present day Houren began to find things a little bit fuzzy. What exactly had his mentor ordered?

"Can I get some pineapple slices?" he looked towards the Fire Dragon Slayer from the memory, but the younger Houren suddenly looked away, which his mentor took it as that he did not want to eat anymore. Even looking at food at this point made the younger Fire Dragon Slayer want to throw up, and it was not a feeling that Houren wanted to remember. "It'd be nice if you can clear all this as well," the seasoned veteran motioned towards the dirty dishes on the table, and the waiter nodded, murmuring a slight apology as he had been caught sitting there doing nothing when clearly there was some work that needed his attention.

Ah now, the older, well, the present day Fire Dragon Slayer who was observing this memory as an external party remembered the rest of what happened on that day when he and his seasoned mentor met in that eatery in central Magnolia; after their immensely large lunch (Houren would go on to skip dinner that day), it was only normal that you would go and eat dessert, right, and that is exactly what the seasoned veteran was thinking when he ordered those pineapple slices.

509/500

#31Houren Vanadis 

on Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:42 pm

At this point, the memory had ended already and the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail once again found himself in that vague world between who knows and who knows where. At this point he was tired of seeing such significant memories and was hoping to see something a little bit more lighthearted since he no longer wanted to think about such serious things that might have happened in his past. He would have been much happier if the memories he was being shown now were lighthearted and fun, things that reminded him why life was great, and why he should keep on living as he was. He wanted proof, no, evidence, well, whatever you wanted to call it that his way of living thus far was correct, and that if he continued on this path until the end of his days, he would surely obtain happiness for himself, and for those he cared about. In the end, that was all that matter. In the end, that is all that mattered, and nothing else in the world.

Of course, as the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail already discerned, what he was experiencing now was nothing like lucid dreaming and of course, this meant that he could not easily control the direction of the ''dream'', if you could even call it a dream. The things that were happening now happened because that is just the way his subconscious wanted things to happen, and what he wanted, consciously, did not matter at all. He tried his best to will a happy world into existence in this vague world that he found himself into after falling asleep somewhere, but things weren't that easy at all.

"Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, come on, let me think of something happy and uplifting for once, yeah?" he was talking to no one in particular, but in reality, he was probably making some sort of silly plea to his own subconscious. The Fire Dragon Slayer was, or at leas the considered himself to be a mentally strong guy but at this rate, who knows what was going to happen to him if he continued to put himself through all of this mental torture?

The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail wasn't really sure if what he was doing was having any positive effect on his surroundings, but at this stage, did it really matter; he thought about it for a bit and came to the conclusion that it didn't, and he eventually stopped trying so hard to force a good memory to manifest itself in this vague world. What showed up next in his head would be what showed up next in his head, and he had no control over it, and he was OK with the fact that he had absolutely no control over what was going to show up next in his head. Just as the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail was coming to grips with the fact that he wasn't in charge here, the next memory began to play.

508/500

#32Houren Vanadis 

on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Wedding bells.

That was a pretty strange thing to hear in a memory that your subconscious was forcing you to relive, especially since as far as the Fire Dragon Slayer was concerned, he had no actually attended any weddings, at least none that he could remember. He decided not to think too much about his time in Fairy Tail in regards to this, as he was sure that there was no one in Fairy Tail that had gotten married while he was a member of the guild; actually, there were a few, but the Fire Dragon Slayer was never in town when the weddings took place, so it didn't make sense that any such wedding would be in his memories. There were plenty of couples in the guild as well, some were serious relationships while others were casual with a few actually being in the ''engagement'' level of romance, but these were weddings that the Fairy Tail mage may potentially attend in the future, and not one that he had attended before. Or was it possible that he was not simply being forced by his subconscious to relive memories, well, to objectively observe memories, but was it actually foretelling future events now as well?

The Fairy Tail mage wasn't entirely sure what the true story was, so he decided that the best way for him to find out was to engulf himself in the wedding bells and see what kind of memory this truly was. As aforementioned and stated above, the Fire Dragon Slayer was fairly sure that he had not attended any weddings while as a member of the Fairy Tail guild so he quickly began to think about his time when he was a younger man, and whether he had attend any weddings in that time either, but ultimately came up empty as he could not really remember anything. Weddings weren't really his thing anyways, so the only thing left for him to do was to observe the memory objectively and see if he could remember what it is that the memory would show him.

Ah, now he remembered; the memory actually was from Houren's time, after he had become a member of the Fairy Tail guild, but at the time this memory took place, he was still a very junior memory at the guild. This memory definitely took place before his chat with the seasoned veteran at the restaurant, but long after his encounters with the local guy that nobody liked and everyone despised. The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairly, having just joined the guild maybe two or three weeks ago was hanging out in the central area of Magnolia (ironically, this was close to where the restaurant was but at this time, Houren had simply dismissed it as the average eatery), when he heard a procession going on. He had originally thought it was some sort of festival in Magnolia that he hadn't heard about, but when it didn't look like any festival festivities were underway, he thought it was a funeral. It wasn't until he saw the ''just married'' sign on a car passing by that the realized just exactly what it was that was happening.

536/500

#33Houren Vanadis 

on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Well that was a pretty pointless memory if nothing else. It was the wedding of two guys that the Fire Dragon Slayer sort of knew, but at the same time, not really. The groom was someone that the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail had done a job for before, but that was it, although the groom was awfully nice to Houren whenever the two of them met due to the fact that the Fire Dragon Slayer had helped him out on occasion, but still, as evidenced by the fact that the Fire Dragon Slayer did not even know that this wedding was going on, the two of them were not close enough to the point that the groom would invite the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail to his wedding, but that was fine, wasn't it? Actually, if this was the case, then it was actually better for Houren if he didn't stick around right now since if he actually saw the groom, a man he recognized, he would have no choice but to greet him and congratulate him on this happy occasion whereas the groom will have to accept his thanks gratefully.

Of course, that wasn't the only thing either; there was gonna be that awkward exchange between the two where the groom will have to act as though the Fire Dragon Slayer showing up to his reception is the most natural thing in the world whereas the Fire Dragon Slayer will need to pretend like he wasn't at all offended that he wasn't invited to the party initially. Of course, in this case, the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail couldn't care less, but at the same time, he was strangely self conscious about what others thought of him, and was too much aware that he had absolutely no control over what others thought or what they would think in their minds. In that way, thinking like that, the Fire Dragon Slayer's face had no choice but to flush bright red.

Fortunately in this occasion, the procession would go off before the groom and bride even had the chance to spot Houren, but speaking of the bride, she wasn't someone that the Fire Dragon Slayer was familiar although he did see her around sometime, but didn't think much of it. However, at the moment, because he did not know that the groom, who Houren had once done a job for, and the bride who he was a passing acquaintance of, were dating, the Fire Dragon Slayer was shocked when he saw them together, especially since they were so intimate. The shock passed quickly, but he wondered if it was apparent on his face; the average onlooker would probably think that Houren was the guy who had been rejected by the bride, the dude at the wedding that actually had objections to raise before the vows were exchanged, but nobody said anything. As he was observing this irrelevant memory, the scene shifted to something much more important, and it was related to the bride and groom.

508/500

#34Houren Vanadis 

on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:24 pm

The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail had been hanging out somewhere in western Magnolia, a while, perhaps a few months before the initial wedding took place. This was, it was worth noting, a little bit after the Fire Dragon Slayer had done the job for the person who would one day become the groom of the bride in the wedding procession that he had passed, or the wedding procession that he would pass only a few months later in central Magnolia. So, perhaps it is good to know, the Fire Dragon Slayer already knew the groom, by both name and face, but he had yet to meet the lady who would become the bride in the wedding procession that this Houren Vanadis who the present day Fire Dragon Slayer was observing in the memory would pass by in central Magnolia only a few months later. The memory that the present day Fire Dragon Slayer who had somehow ended up in this vague world of memory and dreams was viewing now, or at least the one that was going to play, was the one where the Fire Dragon Slayer first met the lady who would one day become the bride of the man who the Fire Dragon Slayer had done a job for only a few months prior.

The lady who would one day become the bride was, without a doubt, a very attractive lady, but things had not always been that way, as it were. The bride that the Fire Dragon Slayer saw was certainly a stunner, probably the kind of person you'd find on a fashion or a bridal magazine, but when the Fire Dragon Slayer met her only a few months before this wedding (likely, she was already seeing the man who would eventually be the groom and the person who the Fire Dragon Slayer had done a job for only a few months prior), she was anything but conventionally attractive. She wasn't fat, not truly, perhaps a little bit chubby, but the bottom line is that it was quite obvious that her body wasn't incredibly well taken care of, both in terms of what she was putting inside of it and what she was doing to maintain it; in other words, she did not eat healthily and she did not exercise often and it was quite obvious to him.

Her hair didn't have any particular shine, it wasn't a misfeature that you would often point out, but when you compared her wedding day to the day when the Fire Dragon Slayer had first met her, then you had no choice but to do so because the difference was so astounding. Her hair was lifeless as was her eyes, and all in all, she looked like the average office lady who no longer had any passion for life. The Fire Dragon Slayer met her for the first time in this moment, but it was not until a week later that he would actually speak to her at length. This memory with the Fire Dragon Slayer bumping into her by accident and causing her to drop a report; he picked it up and returned it, and after a short exchange of pleasantries, she was on her way to wherever it was.

543/500

#35Houren Vanadis 

on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:42 pm

The memory changed once again, and this time it was the second time that the Fire Dragon Slayer would meet the woman who would, in a few months time, become the bride of the man who the Fire Dragon Slayer had done a job for only a few months prior to this second meeting. It occurred to the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail, now, that he was observing this memory as an external viewer in this vague world of dreams and memories that at this point, it was highly unlikely that the man who the Fire Dragon Slayer had done the job for would have been seeing this girl in a romantic sense. He was a traditionally handsome man, whereas she looked worn and was did not look as though she was taking care of herself well. Of course, this was a shallow thought process from the Fire Dragon Slayer, although he could not confirm whether it was true or not. Perhaps there was something incredibly compatible with their personalities and he had chosen her even though she did not match him in terms of looks. The Fire Dragon Slayer almost felt kind of guilty for thinking along these lines, but the era they lived in was nothing if not shallow.

The thing that the Fire Dragon Slayer was thinking heavily about was the fact that if, by this time, they actually were not even in an intimate relationship like he had thought, their sudden engagement and subsequent marriage would have been very sudden. To think, was there any couple in the world with a successful marriage that got married within a few months of actually entering a steady relationship? There probably were, but if this one did not count, then the Fire Dragon Slayer had yet to make meet a man and a woman who could make things work for them under these circumstances. Surely, the odds were not in their favor?

Although the Fire Dragon Slayer has had many experiences in life despite his youthful age, he did not posses the wisdom one of would expect of a long lived sage. Generally, the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail tended to compensate for his lack of innate wisdom, the kind that comes from living and experiencing things, with brute strength and oftentimes that actually works in his favour. If he was quite obviously stronger, he didn't need a smart plan that a wise man would be able to conjure up in order to defeat any enemy, or at least that is how he thought of things. However, there were times when wisdom could not be substituted for brute strength and this was one of those occasions.

The full conversation that the woman who would one day become the bride of one of the Fire Dragon Slayer's old clients and the Fire Dragon Slayer himself was not a conversation for the ages, and even though the memory was playing before him, the Fairy Tail mage could not for the life of him remember exactly what it is they were talking about, or what they had been talking about.

520/500

#36Houren Vanadis 

on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:57 pm

This saga of groom that the Fire Dragon Slayer had once worked with as a client, and the bride who was once a subjectively ''unattractive'' woman who became a conventional beauty was almost coming to an end, not that their relationship itself was dying and they would be getting divorced soon; no, the present day Fire Dragon Slayer who was watching this memory from the outside as an third party, at least from what he knew, believed that the couple was still growing stronger although they had yet to be blessed with children. The groom, or well, now husband, was fairly enamored with the prospect of becoming a father but the bride, now wife, was less than enthusiastic. Of course, they were both still young, so it would have been at least a decade and a half before they had to start truly rushing things like this. He wasn't sure what the bride, now wife, had done but her figure had improved tremendously and she, with good reason, probably wanted to enjoy it a bit more before becoming pregnant.

It was strange, almost strange, this relationship of theirs since it genuinely seemed like the groom, now husband, was unaware of just how stunning his wife was now. The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail had no idea whether the man was aware of how his bride, now wife, looked in the past but whenever he looked at her, he didn't look at her like other men would, like how you would expect a man who had a wife like that would look at her. Truly, in more ways than one, he didn't know how lucky he was, but the same could be said for her. You could say that the groom, now husband, did not appreciate the wife's efforts or her good looks, but at the same time, it meant that he was genuinely in love with her; not the her with that face and that body, but the her that would remain even after the looks had faded away and the only thing left would be wrinkles and baggage.

When you thought about it like that, she was definitely more lucky than he was, but she would probably never know unless some great tragedy happened, or when the day came when she naturally grew older and no longer looked like the stunning beauty that she currently was. Of course, the Fire Dragon Slayer wished them all the best, and even made a bantering jibe that to the groom, now husband, that he should consider the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail for the role of the child's godfather when it was born. The groom, now husband, actually seemed quite into the idea and was genuinely considering it and talking to Houren about the responsibilities that being godfather would entail, but the bride, now wife, merely laughed it off and told him not to think so much about things that were not going to happen until much later in the future.

At that moment, she did shoot Houren a somewhat dirty glare, but he was sure that there was nothing malicious in it.

523/500

#37Houren Vanadis 

on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:10 pm

There was another distance memory that the Fire Dragon Slayer was thinking about, but it was not the current memory that was playing in this vague world of memories and dreams. Instead, right now, the Fire Dragon Slayer was recalling the time, at least, by recalling it meant that this was the dream that he was currently observing as a third party the time that he had actually met the couple who's wedding procession he had saw when hanging around in central Magnolia one day. In other words, this was the first time he had spoken to the man who he had done a job for almost a year ago, the groom who was now a husband, and the wife who had made the stunning transformation from plain and worn office lady to bombshell beauty together. Although the Fire Dragon Slayer knew that they were together after seeing the wedding procession, it took a while for him to process that, and he had forgotten all about it after the procession had left him. Now that he was face to face with the two, both the man who was once a groom and now a husband, the person who he had done a small job for over a year ago yet the job was still fresh in Houren's memory and who's face did not change at all since then, and the lady who used to look so tired of life but who was now probably a woman who could give the top models in Fiore a run for their money were face to face with the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail, a famous man in his own right.

"I'm not really too sure what to say to you guys, but don't you guys feel like we run into each other a little bit too often? I was there for your wedding, well, I saw it happening, and I had met the both of you on separate occasions before I even know you guys were together. Call it a coincidence but..." the Fire Dragon Slayer was a little bit nervous now that he had opened his mouth. He had no problem with speaking in general, or even speaking in public, but when expressing one's opinion, there was always that genuine fear that the person you were talking to did not think the same as you, and that could, more often than not, lead to some strange confrontations.

Fortunately for the Fire Dragon Slayer, in this case, it looked like both the bride and groom, well, they were husband and wife now agreed with the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail. The wife didn't reply to Houren herself, but that was probably the most normal thing to happen in this instance, since she and him barely knew each other. It was the groom and now husband that the Fire Dragon Slayer could actually call a passing acquaintance and potential friend, although they weren't really friends either. After all, he did not invite Houren to the wedding.

507/500

#38Houren Vanadis 

on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:46 pm

It looked like fortune was shining on the Fire Dragon Slayer a lot more usual today, and it looked as though the groom, although he was now a husband and not just a groom, actually agreed with what the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail had to say about their constant meetings despite them not actually being incredibly close friends. It would have been wrong to say that they resented each other's company; they didn't, but at the same time, they weren't incredibly close. This wasn't because of dislike or wariness on the parts of either of the two men, but rather, it was because they had absolutely nothing in common. They got along together well enough, and if they were working together, they'd probably be a great team on the account that they would be bind together by a common goal, such as obtaining an objective or selling a sales pitch. That was probably why Houren became close to the client initially, because they had their work in common but now that the Fire Dragon Slayer had moved on to other jobs, they no longer had that connection. Still, they were more than mere acquaintances and far off from being enemies, but at the same time, they were not truly friends with each other either.

The groom, now husband, laughed almost as though he were shrugging the question off but the Fire Dragon Slayer knew the man well enough to know that this was not the case. "It's a bit strange, isn't it? Magnolia is actually quite a big city so it doesn't make sense that we'd bump into you so often, but I guess it's not actually that bad of a thing, right?" the husband of the couple said and the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail supposed he had no real comeback to something like that. The man was OK with it, the woman seemed reasonably OK with it, either that or she didn't really notice the fact that she was running into the Fire Dragon Slayer in public a lot more often than what was probable.

The couple and the Fire Dragon Slayer were now caught in a fairly strange silence, and it was so bad that the present day Houren who was watching this memory cringed even though he knew exactly what was going to happen. The bride, now wife, spoke for a bit and asked a few questions about what Houren was doing nowadays but she didn't do a very good job as one word answers were more than enough to suffice for her questions, and she did not seem inclined to ask anything more. Eventually, the groom, now husband, changed the subject and it went back to the subject of the work that the Fire Dragon Slayer had done for him all that while ago, and now things on that end were working out for him. Houren was happy to be able to catch up with someone he considered an ''old'' friend, but they eventually parted ways under strange circumstances.

507/500

#39Houren Vanadis 

on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:54 pm

Well, now the saga was officially over; or at least that is what you would call it under these circumstances where you end up in some weird and vague world of dreams and memories and are forced to watch a bunch of your memories, embarrassing, steamy, or otherwise in succession. So far, they had some sort of theme to them and they were played in this kind of order; for example, if the memory that played revolved around, for example, one of the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail's old friends, then the next memory would also be about him and this would be what the bored Houren considered a ''saga''. Right now, his subconscious was dead set on playing memories and experiences about this couple that the Fire Dragon Slayer barely knew, but they, at the same time, seemed to weigh heavily on his mind more often than not. The groom, who was now a husband, was a former client of the Fire Dragon Slayer's, but of course, while they got along, they were not so close that he would be invited to his wedding.

The bride, now wife, was someone who was less involved in the Fire Dragon Slayer's wife; she was merely a passerby that he had seen once on the street, and he had taken note of how ragged she had looked; how tired, and conventionally unattractive she was, not because she was innately ugly or repulsive to the eye, but because he knew that the only reason she looked like that was because she was clearly suffering from other things; be it a bad break up, or whether she was being bullied at whatever establishment she had chosen to work out. He had remembered thinking to himself that he was lucky that he didn't share her fate, and wondered what life would have been like for him if he had not chosen the life of a guild mage. In any case, she was only a person that he had seen and not a person that he knew (unlike the groom, now husband, who the Fire Dragon Slayer was at least a passing acquaintance of). Of course, he truly took note of it when he saw her again after she had married one of the Fire Dragon Slayer's former clients as her beauty was truly stunning to behold at that time and he could not possibly have believed it at the time, but now knew that she was probably quite the beauty initially.

It took that man who the Fire Dragon Slayer did a job for all those months ago to bring it out, is all. At this point, Houren knew that he was simply dreaming and due to the subsequent inconsistent nature of his dreams and the memories that he was being shown, he knew that he would soon be awake again and hopefully, he would know exactly where he was. Right now, the only thing on his mind was to find that jewel and get back to Magnolia, and of course, his mind took him up on this and showed him a memory of the day he set out for Tenrou.

527/500

#40Houren Vanadis 

on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:17 pm

The Fire Dragon Slayer was now face to face with another memory; yes, indeed, he could remember this one even better than any of the other memories that his subconscious had been showing him up until now, simply on the basis that out of all the memories that he had been seeing since he entered this strange and vague world of dreams and reality is that this memory that was being shown to him right now by his subconscious was the most recent. Thus far, he had seen all sorts of things such as from the time when he was nothing more than a young boy before he had even become a member of the Fairy Tail guild, to the time when he first became a Fire Dragon Slayer after getting the Fire Dragon Slayer lacrima as a reward for a job, and even the moment when he took the lacrima from under someone's hands and forcibly implanted it into his chest, despite knowing full well that if it failed to enter his body properly, he could die, all the way to the moment when he actually joined the guild. He didn't see anything about his father or Ysabel, but that was probably for the best. There were some memories that he would rather not relive.

In any case, this current memory that he was being shown was, at this point, just as unpleasant as memories of his father or of Ysabel in any case. It was after he had found out that he would be chosen for this expedition to Tenrou Island, and he was currently in his own quarters, packing away at it. It was shameful to admit almost, but the Fire Dragon Slayer had actually been looking forward to the trip, but would be unpleasantly surprised when he found out just who he would be taking the trip with, and even more unpleasantly surprised when they suffered all those setbacks at the hands of the treasure hunter guild. In any case, the Fire Dragon Slayer found that he could probably tolerate this guild mates of his (they weren't his ideal team, but he supposed he didn't have any particular grudges against him, or at least initially), so this was a good chance for him to earn some credit in the eyes of the Master. That was what he was thinking when he accepted the mission.

Right now, in the memory, the present day Fire Dragon Slayer who was looking in saw his own self, only slightly younger if at all, in his room and packing for the trip. He considered many things, but ultimately decided that since they were going to an island, he could always hand wash his clothes if they got too dirty, so he decided not to over pack in terms of clothes and stuff like that. Entertainment wise, he actually considered bringing a book, but thought that there probably wouldn't be any time for that, something which he would, of course, go on to regret that he didn't bring a book to the island.

511/500

#41Houren Vanadis 

on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:46 pm

It wasn't that the Fire Dragon Slayer didn't want to bring a book to the island, but rather, at that time, he genuinely believed that he wouldn't actually have any time to do any light reading, and in the memory that he was being shown right now, he actually had the chance to see his past self by a few weeks actually argue with himself whether a light paperback was worth bringing to the trip or not. The Fire Dragon Slayer loved to read, but he hated reading on the go unless it was absolutely necessary, and besides, putting paperbacks in your bag or rucksack was a surefire way of getting it crushed or getting the pages torn or bent in a weird way, which is why he didn't like to do it if he didn't have to. He eventually decided against bringing the book on the basis that he wouldn't have much chances to read it. For starters, as soon as they traveled to Hargeon, the first thing they needed to do was find Captain Seagull after perhaps a light meal. He would certainly have adequate reading time on the journey to Tenrou Island but he didn't know how long that journey took; if it was a very fast journey, then he wouldn't actually have any time to get into the book that he was reading, and besides, wasn't it better to enjoy the scenery as opposed to reading a book?

Perhaps, at that time, he was actually hoping that he could get to know his teammates better, but the present Fire Dragon Slayer knew that this did not happen, and looking back on it in hindsight, he was actually quite OK with the fact that he wasn't any closer to his Fairy Tail teammates than he was before they went on this request; in fact, resentment might even have started to creep in, but this was largely something that the Fire Dragon Slayer was trying to ignore or not acknowledge. The third, and probably the biggest reason is that the Fire Dragon Slayer did not like reading on a traveling vehicle, be it car, ship or plane or hot air balloon or anything. If he wasn't stationary, then he would start to feel queasy if he was concentrating too hard on something, and that included things like reading.

In addition, the Fairy Tail mage didn't think that there would be many opportunities to read his book while he was actually on Tenrou Island as he was initially under the impression that they would be looking for the thing that Cecilia was searching for for the whole trip and that they would leave immediately when they found it. It took them longer than he expected for them to find it, so there was no time for reading there, so ultimately, he couldn't actually be blamed for not bringing the book. Little did he know, they would have a lot of free time on the island and hell, the Fire Dragon Slayer even got a good spar in with his frosty counterpart.

512/500

#42Houren Vanadis 

on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:15 pm

The Fire Dragon Slayer in the memory was now looking over the contents of the bag he had packed and was smiling to himself broadly with a smile that the present day Fire Dragon Slayer, looking into the memory right now, forgot he had. Well, that was kind of exaggerating it a little bit considering this memory couldn't have been any more than a week or two old. If the Fire Dragon Slayer could remember correctly, and he could, he had packed his bag and immediately after packing his bag, he went straight to the Fairy Tail guildhall to wait for the rest of the team, and that is exactly what he did in the memory as he opened the door out to his living quarters, checked everything to make sure everything was OK and wouldn't explode when he got home, and then opened the door and left the house, locking the door in the process. He also made sure to make sure that the door was locked, as he knew that he would be gone for a long time. He didn't leave any lights on inside the house either, so he knew that other people might catch onto the fact that he was absent for a while, and would take this as an opportunity to rob him. Not on Houren's watch though.

After he made sure that everything was OK, he went out onto the streets and took the long way to the Fairy Tail guildhall. Most likely the younger Fire Dragon Slayer in the memory was under the impression that his quest was actually going to take quite a while, and as such, he probably chose the long way since he thought that he wouldn't be able to walk this road for a while yet. Of course, at that time, the Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail had no way of knowing that the request was going to be much more dangerous than he had initially thought, especially with the fact that they had been attacked by the treasure hunter guild Kerberos who just so happened to be on the island at the exact same time as them. Actually, right now, in this vague world of memories and dreams, the Fire Dragon Slayer made a mental note to himself to remind Cecilia that Tenrou Island can be infiltrated by outside forces.

He had, up until now, always been under the impression that the guild master had put some sort of spell over that island so that it wouldn't be accessible by anyone outside of the guild; the Captain Seagull who drove them all the way here seemed to be a friend of the guild though, so when the Fire Dragon Slayer and his friends were told to find him, the Fairy Tail mage was under the impression that he was the only convoy that was allowed to go to Tenrou Island on the mainland, but from the way Kerberos managed to get in, that was clearly not true. Yeah, the present day Fire Dragon Slayer thought to himself, he'd better remind Cecilia indeed.

515/500

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum