Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Dragon's Reflections [Houren]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Tori Lancaster 

on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:22 am

After the encounters that were found within the tomb, Tori felt the need to rest. It had been a long day for the blonde, and she had succeeded in getting what had weighed her down off of her chest. She had felt so pressured by the events of the past, alongside trying to prove to herself that she belonged in the Fairy Tail guild.

Looking around, she noticed a flat rock underneath a shady tree and it called to her. The ice mage strolled to the rock and sat down. Crossing her legs, she began to meditate below the tree. The odd sunbeam would jolt through the canopy above and warm her body, but it appeared that this flat rock was placed here with intent, as not a single ray of light hit her eyes. The blonde started to focus her thoughts, trying to face her demons and slay them once and for all.

"The past is in the past. You can run from it, or learn from it." These words echoed through Tori's head from out in the ether as the woman felt her mind finally rest. The worries and fears that she that had weighed her down so, now didn't matter. She sighed a breath of relief as the weight was lifted. She knew what she had to do.

#2Houren Vanadis 

on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:55 am

"You trying to reach enlightenment?" it was an offhanded comment, made on the spur of the moment when he happened to chance upon his fellow Dragon Slayer meditating under a tree.

The Fire Dragon Slayer headed over to where Tori was, uncharacteristically inconsiderate of her personal space as he entered the shaded area directly beneath the tree. He was looking over her with an expression of indifference on his features, tinged with only the slightest hint of curiosity as to what it was that she was doing. Houren was no stranger to the world of meditation (even here on this island, he had managed to get a session in but unfortunately, did not seem to benefit much from it). In comparison though, Tori really looked as though the chip on her shoulder (if there ever was one) had gone away, or was that simple relief from having managed to get out of that booby trapped tomb without sustaining so much as a scratch?

The Fairy Tail mage had enough confidence in his durable body to the point that he didn't see the reason to fear any ambushes or surprise attacks, but he was genuinely glad that everyone else had managed to get out of that place unscathed.

#3Tori Lancaster 

on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:03 pm

The peaceful silence was broken. A voice echoed throughout Tori's mind and pulled her back to the the physical plane as she opened one eye and saw her fellow Dragon Slayer standing over her. He quipped about enlightenment or something, which she brushed off as his natural sarcasm, but thinking about it for a moment made her realize that he wasn't entirely inaccurate. True enlightenment was a constant state of inner peace and relaxation, something that was not to be found in the current circumstances. However, that didn't mean it wasn't possible, at least momentarily. "Something like that." the girl replied as she closed her one eye. "The person you've come to know isn't who I usually am. The events of the last few months have been...trying, to say the least. To be completely honest, its a wonder I haven't broken down yet. But this trip, meeting you and the rest of the group, has really put things in perspective for me. You may actually get to meet the real Tori by the time we get back home." she said breathing a sigh of relief.

#4Houren Vanadis 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:06 am

Houren took a minute to process Tori's reply. Before this, he had been under the assumption that everyone on the team with the exception of himself had already known each other. That wasn't to say that he believed all of them to be very close with one another or anything like that; he could tell since their teamwork and communication left much to be desired, but still, he was hard pressed to think that they were strangers. If it turned out that they were not as close as Houren originally thought, or even if it turned out that they were, it would have been interesting to hear what they would have to say about Tori's admission that the ''her'' that had traveled with them to Tenrou Island was not necessarily the true Tori Lancaster.

"Hah...? How does that work?" the Fire Dragon Slayer decided to feign ignorance, crouching down so that he was on eye level with Tori, although it didn't seem to matter since she ended up shutting both eyes again. If she asked him to, Houren probably wouldn't have been OK with leaving her alone, but wishy washy statements like that didn't really fly with him, and at this point his interest was piqued.

#5Tori Lancaster 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:05 am

Houren expressed curiosity towards her statement, wondering what exactly she meant by her words. She heard the ruffling of his clothing as he bent down to face her more directly instead of standing over her or looking down on her, which she appreciated. It showed that Houren looked at her as an equal, unless she was just completely overthinking his actions.

She opened her eyes to meet his staring back at her as she rested her now limp arms on top of her crossed legs. "I'm assuming you don't understand what I mean when I say that you've come to know someone that is different from the true me. Well, it's simple. The real Tori Lancaster is a fun loving girl who is friends with everyone. But the last couple of months have been one bad event after another, and frankly, it's been affecting my psyche quite negatively. I've grown cold, distant, and uncommunicative. When you came up to me on the boat, I was actually considering leaving the guild because, in my eyes, I've brought Fairy Tail nothing but shame. I've started to feel like I don't belong, and that's not a feeling that I ever thought would come over me, but it's ending. All thanks to this trip." she explained, expecting Houren to have other questions and remaining ready to answer the fire mage.

#6Houren Vanadis 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 am

"Leave the guild? Nothing but shame?"

The Fire Dragon Slayer cocked his head slightly to the side, wondering what to make of this admittance. It took a certain amount of courage to admit that to someone else, so this was certainly a bold move if nothing else. True enough, they were both teammates for the time being, both being members of the Tenrou Island expedition team, but he definitely didn't consider her a close enough friend to confide a secret in. If Houren had brought the guild shame in any way, you could bet that he'd keep that fact to himself, and if he was having second thoughts about his membership in the guild, he'd probably keep his mouth shut about that as well.

He began to stroke his chin, both pupils moving upward as though to invoke a sense of contemplation on Houren's part. "Were you always such a useless one?" he asked insensitively, thinking back to past conversations. Acquaintances who suddenly realized Houren's affiliation with Fairy Tail generally tended to be impressed, and on occasion would begin to look at him with disdain; not unusual considering the guild's reputation for breaking things, but he couldn't for the life of him recall hearing of any particular individual going around bringing shame to the guild. Perhaps her self perceived offenses against the guild were not as big a deal as they were in her mind.

"In any case, you were pretty useful in the tomb, you know? I'm glad your magic is what it is - swimming isn't really my strong suit," Houren was referring to, of course, the part when Tori froze over the water so as to create a solid path for them to walk through.

#7Tori Lancaster 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:54 am

Houren cocked his head curiously at her confession, probably wondering why she was telling him all of this. He would then ask if she was always that useless that she felt how she did based on a few bad experiences. "I haven't been. That's the thing. I don't know what's come over me lately." she declared. Always the one to count on, Tori was reliable if nothing else back home, but ever since she came to Fiore, something was off. No matter what she did, it fell short.

He later offered her solace in saying that she and her magic was useful back there at the water chasm as "swimming wasn't his strong suit," a sentiment that he had declared a couple of times up to this point. She chuckled, opting to take the compliment as weren't likely to be many more where that came from. "I appreciate that, Houren. You're not so bad yourself with incinerating those plants back there. Just don't get the idea that you're gonna do the same thing to me anytime soon." she retorted, winking at the silver haired man when she referenced their inevitable conflict.

#8Houren Vanadis 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 am

The softness melted away from the Fire Dragon Slayer's face when his opposite number mentioned the inevitable conflict that the two of them would eventually be forced to partake in. It wasn't as though he suddenly became incredibly serious or anything like that at the mention of it, but when he would speak again, there would be very little trace of good humor. After all, this was something that he had been looking forward to for a long time. Of course, once she hinted at their potential battle to become the Dragon Emperor, Houren knew that he would probably be stuck here for the next hour or so, or at least until the rest of the group decided that they had rested enough, and would head back to Captain Seagull's ship.

In any case, because he was anticipating a serious discussion with Tori that would definitely impact their relationship, for better or for worse, the Fire Dragon Slayer stopped crouching (essentially, squatting) and took a seat, almost as though he was about to enter a state of meditation himself. He rested his chin on his hand and spoke. "Are you serious about that? You know, that," he asked her; if Tori was really the Frost Dragon Slayer like she demonstrated earlier, then there was no doubt in his mind that she would know what he was referring to - the coveted title of Dragon Emperor.

He straightened his posture, and began to tap the fingers of his right hand against his thigh, almost as though he were playing the keys or some other stringed instrument. "I haven't had much searching for others like us, you know?" he chortled, rubbing the nape of his neck in polite embarrassment, a far cry from the demeanor he maintained when they had talked about this on Captain Seagull's boat.

"While I have you here, what say you and I exchange information?" he suggested in a casual tone.

#9Tori Lancaster 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:23 am

The look of good humor (what little look there was from his almost always serious visage) faded at her mentioned at their battle. Before speaking, he would take a sitting position as well, mirroring the ice mage before he asked if she was serious. Tori took a moment before answering. "Thanks to your presence, putting it into perspective, I've never been more serious about anything in my life." she answered confidently. He then proclaimed he had not done much hunting for others of their kind in an embarrassed tone of voice. "Nor have I. Some things had to take priority over even that title." she said simply, trusting he knew what she was referring to. "But trust and believe. Just because we're guild mates, and just because you have the advantage over me in terms of elements; don't make the mistake of underestimating me. And I'll grant you the same courtesy. No matter who comes out on top when this is said and done, no one will be able to say the victor did not earn their win." she declared, telling the fire mage that she will not go down easy.

Changing the topic, or redirecting it in a way, Houren asked Tori if the two could exchange information. "What exactly do you mean 'exchange information'?" she asked, cocking her head to the side, somewhat mimicking his behavior moments ago.

#10Houren Vanadis 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:41 am

Houren averted his gaze, looking down towards a dandelion that had been growing in the area just beside where the Fire Dragon Slayer had decided to sit. Its colour was kind of dull for what was supposed to be a very cheerful flower, and it looked slightly stunted as well, probably as a consequence of having bloomed in such a shady area. "You're using awfully strong words, Tori," he took note of the things that she had just declared to him; that he shouldn't look down on her simply because his element had an advantage over hers, that she would grant him the same courtesy on that front. For a moment, the Fire Dragon Slayer considered plucking the dandelion from its stem but ultimately decided against it on the basis that he shouldn't wantonly kill things just because he found his hands to be idle.

It was good, it was proper, even, for those with power to show a certain amount of restraint. "If you talk a big game, you'll be left red faced when you lose," the audacity of Houren's statement suggested that he didn't plan to lose, that to lose was an absolutely inconceivable notion to him. He planned to win, and he believed that he would - the wouldn't let the other Dragon Slayers stand in his way, but at the same time, he didn't want there to be any hard feelings between him and his guild mate, if that outcome was at all possible.

"Exchange information about other Dragon Slayers, I mean, but it seems like neither of us have anything interesting to hare, huh?" he sighed, but since neither he nor Tori had anything concrete, even the probably false rumors he had heard would serve some use. "Given the trend, there's probably other Dragon Slayers in the other light guilds. Chances are, they're hiding that fact as well. Like you were," he mused.

#11Tori Lancaster 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:08 am

Tori looked over to see his reaction to her declaration, only to see him casually stroking a flower that had been growing nearby. He made a comment that made it clear to the utmost that he was going to be going for the win. One could almost say that he had already envisioned his victory in his own mind. That was fine, but he also warned her that if she was too cocky, it would be all the worse for her if she were to lose. She figured he might reply in such a way, and decided to respond in kind. "If I lose, then I lose. The Dragon Emperor will still remain within Fairy Tail and we will know it went to the better Slayer. But by the same token, if I lose you will have earned the victory. That much is fact." she stated coldly, with no feeling behind the words. Feelings and tones of voice were not needed here, as Houren no doubt knew exactly what the intent behind her words were. In return, she also knew exactly what his were. The two knew exactly where they stood until this fight came to pass, and likely well afterwards, but that would not falter them in the achievement of their goal.

By the comment regarding information, he clarified that he meant any information regarding other Dragon Slayers, a question that had since been deemed moot as the two had not gotten any information to pass along. Houren speculated that they were within light guilds, as they were, and could be hiding their magic from their guild mates as Tori had done before disembarking on this mission. Tori scratched her chin at his thought, admitting that it did have merit. "That is entirely possible. Although I did have my own reasons, you could say I was prolonging the inevitable. It could be that the other Slayers have been doing the same thing, maybe to hide from everyone coming for them. Or they could just be biding their time...waiting for the right moment..." she tapired off. There were too many reasons why Tori and Houren would not be aware of others like themselves in Fiore, but alas one could only speculate.

#12Houren Vanadis 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 am

"Just so you know, I've never kept the fact that I was a Dragon Slayer a secret," he murmured, almost as though he were revealing the most sensitive of sensitive secrets, but of course, it really wasn't anything of that scale at all. Due to the fact that Houren was almost practically raised by the Fairy Tail guild, it went without saying that he was not really all that magically adept or even inclined when he first received the guild's emblem. At that time, he hadn't been a mage of any kind, but was learning from his seniors, and as fate would have it, he was even apart of a team that he regularly did quests with - a simpler time for the man who would eventually become the Fire Dragon Slayer.

At the conclusion of one of those quests, Houren in particular had been given a special reward in the form of a lacrima. It didn't really mean anything to him at the time, but later on, he came to realization the significance of the reward. As luck would have it, he survived the implantation process, became a Fire Dragon Slayer and the rest was history. Of course, the young Houren let everyone in the guild know about it as well, although that would have been many years ago at this point. "Everyone already knows I'm a artificial Dragon Slayer. But I'm curious. What was your reason for being os secretive?" he was actually wondering about that for quite a while at this point.

#13Tori Lancaster 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:52 am

Tori listened to the man mumble something under his breath, but paid it no mind. After a moment of what looked like him choosing his next words, the fire mage had another question for the blonde. He inquired why she chose a path of secrecy towards her identity. Why had she chosen to hide what she was? Honestly, this was never something that Tori had given much thought. It was just what she chose upon getting the lacrima implant, without a thought as to why. "To tell you the truth, I'm not entirely sure. I do remember being scared at first; of fighting the other Dragon Slayers, of being put on such a pedestal. But over time, it gradually turned into wanting to bide my time and wait for the right moment to identify myself to, essentially, the world as a Dragon Slayer. I knew that once the word got out, that a permanent target would be painted on my back and I'd spend every minute of every day looking over my shoulder. Only one person on the mainland knows, and she's promised to keep it quiet until I decide to make it known. That desire has been rendered moot at this point though, considering word of our fight will travel across the country like the wingbeats of a flock of birds." she said, looking up at the sky as a group of birds just happened to be passing overhead.

#14Houren Vanadis 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:02 am

"It's not going to be such a majestic thing," he said it almost ruefully, following Tori's cue and looking up at the sky just in time to see the birds fly across. From the direction they were moving in, it seemed like they came from Fiore and were probably going off to some other country far beyond the sea; Desierto, Sin, or wherever their wings wanted to take them. The Fire Dragon Slayer let out a slight sigh. The rest of the world was down that way, where the birds were going, and he and Tori were stuck here, at least for the time being. "There are probably dragon slayers in other countries too, you know," it was a thought that just so happened to cross Houren's mind when he noticed the fact that those birds were probably migrating to a place that wasn't Fiore. They probably wouldn't be back until after the Winter or something like that. It was Fall currently, but it was gradually getting colder; even Houren could notice it.

"In their hay day, the dragons weren't just native to Fiore. They were big enough that they could travel the whole entire world if they wanted to. It only makes sense that dragon slayers are scattered like that too," it was a nice, but ultimately irrelevant thought, and Houren never was one for daydreaming, so this was fairly uncharacteristic of him.

#15Tori Lancaster 

on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:15 am

Houren was quite dismissive of her analogy, but she brushed it off. He looked up to see the same birds as his guild mate before letting out a sigh. A random thought would then escape as he surmised that there could be Dragon Slayers in other countries, given the fact that Dragons went wherever they pleased in their time. It would only make sense for Dragon Slayers to be equally as spaced out, maybe even more so.

"Yeah, that's true. But I'm just getting to accept the idea of traveling all over Fiore looking for other Dragon Slayers. Traveling all over the world is a different matter entirely." she quipped, chuckling as she did so. Staring back up into the sky to see the group of birds already nearing the horizon, she felt the slightest twinge of envy realizing they could go wherever they wanted whenever they wanted. It was then the reality was setting in. As much as she enjoyed Tenrou Island, it was not the place for her to have an extended stay. She needed the option to travel to her heart's content. She missed her friends back on the mainland and was just ready for this trip to be over. Even if it had only been days, it felt like months or even years.

#16Houren Vanadis 

on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:15 am

"The world's a vast place. Even if you had four or five lifetimes, you'd never be able to see all of it," when he thought about it that way, there were even places in Fiore that he hadn't even gone to yet as well. The Fire Dragon Slayer supposed he would need to complete his map of Fiore before he could even think about other countries, including that of his father's homeland. He was vaguely aware that his father came from Sin, but he didn't really have any contact with that side of the family. His mother also had roots from foreign lands, but of course, she identified as a Fiore national, and Houren supposed that was good enough for him. "Fiore is the best country, of course. I'm nothing if not a nationalist!'' he gave a humored response. A part of the Fairy Tail mage felt that this conversation had already run its course, at least as far as this talk of Dragon Slayers was involved. He decided to change the topic, but not shift it so suddenly that it'd come across as strange.

"Your lacrima. Where'd you get your hands on it?" he inquired.

#17Tori Lancaster 

on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:53 am

Houren started to explain the vastness of the world, describing it as something one couldn't see all of even with several lifetimes. While true, Tori hadn't even thought of that. How big the world really was never even occurred to her, but now that it was brought up, she had to admit that she was rather awestruck at the thought. He then went on to boast about Fiore being the best.

"I'll admit Fiore is pretty great. But it's no Iceberg, after all." she stated calmly, referring to the northern continent of her own birth. The blonde started to reminisce for a moment about home, how her parents were doing, and how the family farm was doing. She wondered if word of her exploits had made it all the way back there, seeing it had been some time since she traveled to Fiore in search of glory. She then started to remember how long she had been here, how long she had been in the Fairy Tail guild, and how little she had done with it. Her face took a slightly somber expression as these thoughts raced across the front of her mind, but quickly took a backseat to her latest goals.

#18Houren Vanadis 

on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:40 am

"Don't try and dodge my question, Tori," there was nothing in his voice to suggest warmth (contrary to his elemental affinity) or affection. As far as the Fire Dragon Slayer was concerned, Tori had glossed over his perfectly reasonable question with a vague statement about what he could only assume was her homeland. The name wasn't all that familiar to Houren, but he supposed he must have heard about Iceberg during one of his childhood geography lessons, or seen it in an atlas somewhere. He registered the comment, but it wasn't one that was of immediate relevance to him; there was some merit in learning a bit more about Tori's ancestral origins, but right now, Houren was much more concerned about knowing how she managed to get her hands on an item as rare as a Dragon Slayer lacrima.

Even if you did many, many high level quests, you still would have found yourself a few pretty jewels short of being able to afford an item of such value. Of course, there was also the matter of finding a guy who was willing to part with this kind of item. In that regard, Houren was lucky, having received his lacrima as part of a reward for a quest that he couldn't have possibly have done, at that time and at that age, without the help of his veteran wizard teammates.

#19Tori Lancaster 

on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:17 am

Houren barked about the question that he had asked the woman. She didn't mean to brush it off, but she missed home and when home crosses her mind, everyone's voices just seem like murmurs. She wondered how everyone was doing was all. "Sorry about that. Mind went somewhere else for a second." she admitted. The silver haired man wanted to know where the blonde got the Frost Dragon lacrima. It was actually kind of funny. It had been so long, Tori almost forgot herself. This amount of time with something and it starts to feel like it's part of you...but considering the item in question, she guessed it pretty much was. As she thought, the memory ended up coming back to her, as clear as if it had happened yesterday. "I was on my way to Era to take a job. In fact, I think it was the day I met Kazumi at the guild hall. As I was leaving town, I stopped by the market to get some supplies for the road, and someone grabbed my attention from a nearby alley." she paused, allowing for Houren to give any kind of response to that part, giving him a small glance to see if he would or not. After all, nothing good was involved in anything dealing with a back alley.

After whatever reaction he had, if any, she would continue. "This man said that I was the first ice mage he had seen in some time, and that he saw potential. He offered me this lacrima, so that I could better protect my loved ones. It was like a new lease on life, one could say. It gave me hope and the will to push forward to whatever would stand in my way. Who would have thought that would mean a comrade?" she questioned rhetorically. "What about yours?"

#20Houren Vanadis 

on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:51 am

"That's awfully pedestrian," the Fire Dragon Slayer didn't mean to come off as dismissive, but he couldn't blame Tori if it sounded to her like he was unimpressed. Of course, he really couldn't be saying much since it wasn't as though he had obtained his lacrima through any spectacular means, and he hadn't even done it of his own strength. He had the help of his old teammates. Perhaps it was a case of him expecting something a bit more from the Frost Dragon Slayer; Houren wasn't entirely conscious of it but there was probably a part of him that wanted Tori to spin him a magnificent tale about how she was raised and taught by a kind Frost Dragon since birth who ended up being killed by other dragons for fraternizing with humans.

To Houren, that was a much more fitting origin story for someone who would be called a dragon slayer, but oh well, it seemed as though he and Tori were both in the same boat. He lifted a curious eyebrow when she asked about how he had obtained his lacrima, and he wondered if she didn't have that faint glimmer of hope that he had just a few moments prior. If she did, it was a shame that he would have to dash such hopes of hearing about the confirmation of dragonkind.

"It was a reward for a big job. Turns out the employer didn't have enough jewels to pay us, so he gave us something he deemed to be of equal value. It was nothing extraordinary," he shrugged.

#21Tori Lancaster 

on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:38 am

Tori listened to his reply, as unentrancing as it was, despite his dismissive response to her own "origin story." For a moment, she thought him slightly hypocritical if that was indeed the case, but taking a second to think about it, she would reply in kind. "Well, that's not necessarily true. You got it as a reward for something, I just happened upon it. Not to mention, what was that client doing with a Dragon Slayer lacrima of all things, I wonder." she inquired, thinking out loud. Dragon Slayer lacrima were supposed to be quite rare, from what little she had read concerning them, supposedly only one of each element even existed. That meant this person would have already had it, then gave it away? It didn't make sense to the blonde, but then again who is to say what someone's motives are for something without it coming from the horse's mouth.

Changing the subject, Tori turned to face the Fire Dragon Slayer. "I was thinking about our fight. I say we make it public. That will let witnesses take the story on the roads with them, and let all the others out there know that we're coming for them. What do you think?"

#22Houren Vanadis 

on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:54 am

"A long time ago, there was a hero wielding a legendary sword that defended his country by repelling the attack of an entire foreign force," the Fire Dragon Slayer recalled his lessons in classical studies with strangely potent fervor. "A pious man, his legendary sword was kept at the church where he grew up after he died. When the country's political landscape changed and civil war broke out, the village where the church was located got ransacked and the sword was stolen by looters, and likely sold," he recounted, thinking to himself that perhaps Tori would question the relevance of his tale that he was telling right now. Even if it seemed like it was going nowhere, the Fire Dragon Slayer's analogy wasn't entirely unrelated to the Frost Dragon Slayer's circumstances.

It was an ironic thing, that a powerful sword that once belonged to a legendary warrior could eventually end up in the hands of some lowlife that had managed to steal it (from the warrior's tomb or something) or excavate it after the legendary warrior had already passed away, and he made this known to Tori. "They say that the legendary warrior received this sword from an angel in Heaven. This legendary, holy sword that once belonged to a legendary warrior of God ended up in the hands of looters, and later on, to the highest bidder. Your Frost Dragon Slayer lacrima might have shared a similar fate," he shrugged, coining in on the fact that she had received her lacrima from some guy in an alley.

His eyes narrowed into a deliberate gaze when Tori changed the topic of their conversation to their inevitable fight. "Do you really wish to be defeated in front of an audience? You're bolder than I thought," he mused.

#23Tori Lancaster 

on Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:12 am

Houren began to tell a story, seemingly from out of the blue about a hero's sword that had defended an entire country from destruction, which painted a puzzled look on the blonde's face. As confused as she was, she listened to him tell his tale, hoping to see a matter of relevance to their topic of discussion. He ended up comparing the sword, which was supposedly handed down from the heavens themselves, to Tori's very lacrima that resided deep within her, whose magic flowed through her being. The fact that the two powerful items, whatever their legendary origins, were passed down through time by unknown means. The sword's supposed fate was that belonging to a looter, likely sold to a collector or other such lowlife unworthy of its legacy. Houren implied the source of her magic could have had an equally insulting history before finding its way into her body. She nodded in acknowledgement, thinking that whatever its history, Tori would find a way to bring its status justice; to prove her worthiness not only to herself, but to everyone.

His eyes narrowed at her in response to her suggestion about a public bout. He asked a simple question to her, which would stoke a fire in her hot enough to melt her very ice magic. She stood before replying, her face void of any looks that even suggested a playful air about her. "No, Houren. In fact, quite the contrary. I wish an audience to see that not all ice gives way to fire. In fact, most people think that the summer overtakes the winter each year. I'm going to show you, and everyone else, that the opposite is true. That summer, and the heat that accompanies it, runs in fear from the frigid cold of winter." she spoke in an assertive tone of voice, one that would show Houren what she had been saying all along; that he had his work cut out for him. "When put together, fire has always melted ice. But, when we fight, I will be the first to freeze a flame."

#24Houren Vanadis 

on Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:58 am

The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail crossed his arms and thought about the things that Tori had just spoken about. "Extreme cold that can even put out a fire. I see, I see," he closed his eyes and nodded along, trying to visualize such a scene, if it were even possible. Houren supposed, scientifically speaking, such a thing could be done, but he couldn't help but wonder whether Tori's frost really was worth writing home about. Still, it wasn't as though he was particularly worthy about her boasts; at the end of the day, action spoke louder than words and the Fire Dragon Slayer knew better than anyone that those who talked the most tended to be the first ones to run when the going gets tough.

It was slightly ironic that this would be the case given Houren's own affinity for trash talking, but the Fairy Tail mage was nothing if not a myriad of contradictions and inconsistencies. That was what humanity was all about, after all. "Perhaps you can become a poet after I defeat you, Tori. You have a way with words, reminiscent of the great scribes of old," a few names came to mind, but Houren refrained from saying them. The last thing he wanted to do was acknowledge the classical era lessons that he was forced to endure as a child as having benefited him at all in his daily life.

At this point, the Fire Dragon Slayer began to stretch his arms, tired of having stood in the same position for so long. "If you decide to make use of your poetic talent, then you can write down all the great deeds I'm going to accomplish. I will be happy to give you patronage," he allowed a slight chuckle.

#25Tori Lancaster 

on Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:12 am

The silver haired man replied in such a way that gave off a mocking tone. Whether this was intentional or not was irrelevant, as Tori knew that she would make him eat his words as soon as they arrived back in Magnolia. He continued to say that after their bout and her eventual defeat, which he apparently had already predicted as such, she could become a poet. He even went as far as to suggest that she write a piece about him and his accomplishments. He had nerve, that was without doubt, but he spoke with such confidence that it was also in such a way that no one could possibly confuse him as belonging to any other guild, or having any other magic. Members of Fairy Tail and Dragon Slayers alike had been renowned for their confidence, some even bordering on cocky, and his body language definitely suggested the former. Whie Tori's words, while admirable seemed to paint a picture of the latter, it made no difference to her. His arms crossed, she mirrored him, crossing her own as well before she replied to his suggestion of her future career.

"If it should come to pass as that, I would be glad to. Unfortunately, I'll be too busy having epics written about me. You see, my fellow Slayer, I have a bit of an advantage in that regard, just as you have one regarding our elements." she said confidently, sure to raise a silver eyebrow with such a statement. "When fire defeats ice, it's written off as an inevitability. But when I defeat you, when ice defeats fire; history will be made. The name 'Tori Lancaster' will become immortal. And it will show the other Dragon Slayers, when they hear word of our battle, that I will not be one to be underestimated."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum